[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Just wanted to leave this here
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /pol/ - Politically Incorrect

Thread replies: 44
Thread images: 12
File: Screenshot_2016-07-16-12-01-18.png (224 KB, 480x800) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_2016-07-16-12-01-18.png
224 KB, 480x800
>While clothes shopping for my three sons at Target, I came across the boys' t-shirt pictured above. It depicts a chimp wearing headphones and is captioned, "Is my sister done talking yet?"
It's supposed to be funny. It's supposed to be a joke. But it's not.
The "joke" here relies on an old, sexist stereotype that girls and women talk too much. It draws shamelessly upon the misogynist idea that what girls and women have to say isn't even worthy of male attention. Better to drown out female voices than hear them out.
Target, I'm female, so judging by this t-shirt, you may not want to hear me talking about this -- but we need to talk. And you need to listen, so take the headphones off.
Here's my concern. This kind of stereotype is harmful to boys and girls alike. Little boys shouldn't be taught that girls' voices are unimportant, or that it's acceptable and funny to ignore them. And little girls shouldn't be faced with the microaggression of brothers and peers wearing shirts like this.
This may seem like a small thing. Some people will read this and say, "It's just a t-shirt. Learn to take a joke." But in a culture in which women's and girls' voices are devalued, their ideas and interests trivialized as less important than boys' and men's, why would any responsible retailer sell this?
I am asking Target to remove this shirt from its stores now. And, more importantly, I'm asking for Target to adopt a policy of screening t-shirts for sexist content, and to decline to stock anything that perpetuates misogyny. The retailer has committed to desegregating its toy aisles and children's home goods, so how about putting an end to anti-girl rhetoric in boys' apparel, too?
>>
File: 93992468.jpg (51 KB, 540x404) Image search: [Google]
93992468.jpg
51 KB, 540x404
fuck off roastie, it's just a tshirt.
>>
>>81325307
you better post tits to get the thread going.
>>
It's kind of maddening how they never mention the reverse situations like anti-boy rhetoric in girls clothes. Just makes them seem like annoying cunts with an agenda. It's always women are the one with the bigger problem.
>>
The chimp is a nigger right?

>muh headphones
>>
>>81325307
WW3 with turkey can't happen soon enough

I want these stupid oppression olympics contestants to have real problems to worry about
>>
File: Donald-Trump.jpg (19 KB, 458x305) Image search: [Google]
Donald-Trump.jpg
19 KB, 458x305
>>81325307
If this truely offends you, then please, kill yourself now.
>>
File: 1300049230258.jpg (6 KB, 204x189) Image search: [Google]
1300049230258.jpg
6 KB, 204x189
tits or gtfo
>>
>>81325307
>Women talk too much? That's a sexist stereotype!

>TEACH MEN NOT TO RAPE!!!

Also
>you need to listen, so take the headphones off

How the fuck about no.
>>
The ironic part is I couldn't even read the entire OP because I just stopped giving a fuck after

>It's supposed to be a joke. But it's not

I can't wait for WW3, honestly. I also pray every single day for a plague. I don't want everyone to die, just most people. Like, 60-70% of the population, of course I mean all the spics, niggers, liberals, SJWs, mulattos, coons, porch monkeys, welfare babies, unironic/ironic Hilldog supporters, the list could go on for a while really
>>
>>81325307
>>
>>81325307

All women do is talk. Blah blah blah.
>>
>>81325307

just yesterday I was in target with my wife buying school supplies for her grad school. I came across a notebook that said "Girls Rule The World". I wonder where the outrage over that obviously misandrist and bigoted message is?
>>
File: ahahahhahha yes.jpg (12 KB, 385x278) Image search: [Google]
ahahahhahha yes.jpg
12 KB, 385x278
Please take your microaggressions and fuck off into infinity. You are worthless. Not a constructive member of society if this is what you waste your time with.

Also, please move to a place where women are truly treated like shit. There are a lot of countries you can choose from, but the US isn't one of them.

Bye now.
>>
>>81325307
There are shirts making fun of boys too but the real sad part is you're to much of a autistic to relize the monkey represents the boy being a sub human ape.
>>
>>81325307
>I read the first couple of words
>Then looked at the picture

My god has that T-shirt ever been more relevant
>>
>>81327544
Context?
>>
They have shirts like that for girls aimed at their brothers lol. Maybe not the same exact phrase but there are girl specific shirts aimed at poking fun at their brothers
>>
A real man knows how to meditate and cut the chatter out of their mind while appearing to listen.
>>
File: 2dd.jpg (15 KB, 300x300) Image search: [Google]
2dd.jpg
15 KB, 300x300
>>81327639
>>81327544
>>
File: Boys-are-stupid.jpg (60 KB, 452x307) Image search: [Google]
Boys-are-stupid.jpg
60 KB, 452x307
>>
>>81325307
TL;DR
>>
>>81328593

this
>>
>>81327544
>>81327639

Haha, is this a normie meme? It's fucking awesome.
>>
>>81325307
i dont go into target or walmart because they have prepubescent female clothing at the front enterance. i really hate seeing pre teen undies when im shopping for tacos

literally at the enterance to every store ive been to. what the fuck
>>
>>81325307

Lol this T-shirt is funny cause the monkey is listening to hiphop
>>
>>81327288
Goddamn youre a despicable human.
Hows sociopathy feel?
>>
>>81327288

WW3 would just kill mostly white people brah, just like the others.
>>
File: target_canada.jpg (27 KB, 630x354) Image search: [Google]
target_canada.jpg
27 KB, 630x354
leafy OC
>>
>>81325307
Fuck me you do go on, don't you.
>>
>>81325307
people that wear clothes with words on them are showing their low IQs.

yes, even children
>>
>>81330634
not this time. the "others" have asked for equal rights. they will get them, even in war time.
>>
>>81325307
Tl;dr
>>
>>81325307
>But in a culture in which women's and girls' voices are devalued, their ideas and interests trivialized as less important than boys' and men's

Is that why we have Women's History Month in public schools, and why we remove outdoor recess (which has always favored boys) and why 95% of school teachers are women, and why more girls go to college than boys, and why the new Star Wars has a literal stronk womyn lead, and why rape is now the literal worst crime ever, and why rape culture is a commonplace topic in the MSM, and why you can be fired for "mansplaining", and why every new Marvel comic is now made by women for women, and why everything in general is designed to "empower" women?
>>
>women talk too much is a sexist remark
>so let me make this long winded article explaining why that isn't the case
>>
>>81325307
youre on the wrong website roastie.

nobody cares what you have to say.
>>
>>81325307
she goes on a demented ramble proving that the shirt is not a joke but a sad reality
>>
>>81332390

They will just sit on the sidelines, profit off the war where they can, then after the whites are done killing eachother migrate to replace them in the workforce.
>>
>>81327544
Fuck bottom left is a hottie
>>
>>81332277
Autism.

I have a NASA shirt and tons of t shirts from restaurants and shit. Nothing wrong with that.
>>
She's proving that shirt right.
>>
>>81333373
>NASA shirt

Go back to Qatar
>>
>>81333373

You're a billboard, faggot. A mindless consumer expressing self-identity through branding. Branded like cattle because your mind is just as owned.
>>
File: image.jpg (49 KB, 600x450) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
49 KB, 600x450
>>81333765
Thread replies: 44
Thread images: 12

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.