[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>mention special k cereal a few times over the last few days
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /pol/ - Politically Incorrect

Thread replies: 55
Thread images: 9
File: stories-to-tell.jpg (34 KB, 400x400) Image search: [Google]
stories-to-tell.jpg
34 KB, 400x400
>mention special k cereal a few times over the last few days with a friend
>was only discussed in person, never typed into any searches or anything on the Internet
>suddenly bombarded with special k advertisements

Explain this sorcery. Do cell phones listen for key words now and use them for targeted advertising?
>>
>>81295828
Yes, skype too.
>>
>>81295828
Proof or no cigar
>>
So I just repeatedly talk about say.. Toyota or Beer, will I start getting ads for such things?
>>
>>81295828
Yeah, The FB app and other jew companies can listen in on your conversations at any time.

Check your permissions on your phone apps, see what they have access to.
>>
Baader Meinhof Phenomenon.
>>
>>81295828
Same thing with me, I was at work on a work computer was humming NIB by Black Sabbath and went on youtube after and low and behold it was on the recommended videos
Also, a lot of "if you liked this you'll like this" videos show up that are unrelated to what I was looking at for work and related to what I look at on personal computer
Interesting stuff
>>
>>81295828
Do people notice internet adverts?

I could not tell you what the last internet advert I saw was.

I am immune to them now.

I remember the good ol days with my 56k modem reading through forums with their scrolling banners on each side advertising shit like

>YOU ARE THE ONE MILLIONTH VISITOR TO THIS SITE, CONTACT BLAH BLAH BLAH TO COLLECT YOUR PRIZE NOW!!!!!!
>>
>going to friends house to hang out
>stop into gas station to buy beer
>pay with debit card
>getting advertisements for that exact beer the next day

i want off this ride
>>
>>81295828
I have a fb acc on a vpn-only computer, where I done some bigger bank transfers etc, but do not have any real friends on the fb acc. (Also used for shitposting)
On facebook only recommended 'friends' are people I done business with.

The acc isn't even in my real name, but as I said, I did the mistake to do some bank-transfers on it.
>>
File: BrLfRnm.jpg (434 KB, 618x925) Image search: [Google]
BrLfRnm.jpg
434 KB, 618x925
>>81295828
Yo computer engineer here.

No, they aren't listening in to you, tinfoils gonna tinfoil, there are just really really insane algorithms running by google all the time that foresaw that you would consider special K. Not even google has enough computer power to make it worth listening to plebs telephones and flooding their data-networks with the huge amounts of data needed. (I'm oversimplifying)

A good example of this was a few years back when a lady suddenly got bombarded with baby-stuff commercials (google it if you don't believe it) BEFORE she even knew herself that she was pregnant. The algorithm saw slight changes in googling, for example sudden dizzyness, as well as saw that she suddenly had started ordering different snacks from amazon.

So no, they aren't listening to you, but the Algorithm is way scarier than that desu.
>>
>>81297567

This.

Also, start using duckduckgo people. And look at what you're doing on social media, is half the shit you're posting really that necessary?
>>
>>81299182
Duckduckgo sells your data to sites like amazon though, something that not even google does.

Google might carry scary amounts of data, but you can remove it whenever you want.

If you use duck duck go, they will sell your data to people without telling you who.
>>
>>81295828
Who talks about cereal and mentions a cereal brand multiple times in a conversation? OP is a drug addict
>>
>>81295828
Have had similar experiences and talked about it with a couple friends. Ads start popping up on facebook. The only thing different I did was download the facebook messenger app.
>>
>>81297567
And why exactly is this a bad thing?

I'd rather get ads for stuff relevant to me than random shit.
>>
>>81299465
How do you know that? what search engines would you suggest?
>>
>>81300001
I don\t think that is is such a bad thing. However it would already be easy for google to teach the algorithm to calculate different things, such as likelyhood that someone will commit a crime within the next 24h, or why not how likely someone is to rise against a government?
>>
>>81299465
Yes goy, we remove the data when you ask nicely
>>
File: 1468637934649.jpg (12 KB, 258x245) Image search: [Google]
1468637934649.jpg
12 KB, 258x245
>>81299465
>you can remove it whenever you want
>you can remove it whenever you want
>you can remove it

>AND GOOGLE WON'T KEEP IT ON THEIR SERVERS
>>
A couple of months ago me and my gf almost broke up and fought a lot. During that time I was constantly bombarded with relationship advice ads and relationship related clickbait despite never having searched for anything related. Also recommendations for dating Apps targeted to People who want to cheat (our trouble was about a chick that was into me that I almost cheated on my gf with)
>>
>>81295828
same shit happened too many times. I was wondering the same thing.
>>
>>81300356
Startpage is google but it does the googling for you and keeps it secret.
>>
File: 1464100469926.jpg (51 KB, 359x305) Image search: [Google]
1464100469926.jpg
51 KB, 359x305
>>81300462
>>81300742

>I know nothing about computers and google must be evil overlords beyond any court because i don't understand how they work, they can just hide away data in their datacenters
>What do you mean all googles data is easily traceable?
>Nah they must have built HUGE UNDERGROUND TUNNELS to carry all the secret data in every country over the world and MILLIONS AND MILLIONS of workmen of all creeds most have been silenced and NOBODY EVER STUMBLED UPON THESE TUNNELS EVER.

Whew lads I know computers are hard but this is just silly.
>>
File: 1468009841441.png (156 KB, 274x272) Image search: [Google]
1468009841441.png
156 KB, 274x272
>>81295828
>he fell for the smartphonejew
>>
>>81300936
Go back to your cuckshed, Sven
>>
>>81300995
>I have no real opinion so I will just parrot a pol meme and everyone will forget how stupid we are
>>
>>81301077
You're either a shill or a moron if you sincerely believe in what you wrote in >>81300936
>>
>>81300995
Ignore the retard, hes just baiting
>>
>>81297155
It's only going to get worse with the cash-less society we are heading to
>>
>>81295828
facebook app, messenger and certian google apps if you have android are listening.
>>
>>81295828
Why is nobody talking about this fucking picture? This book gave me nightmares as a kid
>>
>>81300001
I'd rather not get any ads at all.
>>
>>81300356
StartPage
>>
File: TotallySafe.jpg (1 MB, 1916x1080) Image search: [Google]
TotallySafe.jpg
1 MB, 1916x1080
>>81301189
>>81301193

>I will continue to not point out whats wrong with your argument and instead just call you stupid and maybe nobody will notice.
>>
>>81300936
Sven being a cuck. No surprise there...
>>
File: zucker reminder.jpg (94 KB, 796x398) Image search: [Google]
zucker reminder.jpg
94 KB, 796x398
>>81295828
Remember, Even Zuckerberg knows to tape his camera and mic...
>>
>>81301620
>Says the german

Whew okay. Its kinda sad how unintelligent pol has become, before it was just the trolls being ironic. Oh well, have fun with your iphones kids, the right wing capitalistic overlords are your enemy and google is in fact satan himself.
>>
>>81297567
They don't need their own compute power.

You're running the facebook app on your portable quad core ~1.6ghz computer.
Are you seriously implying that voice recognition, something that whilst primitive, could be accomplished on 486 PCs, can't be done on a modern smartphone?
>Even though the smartphones already have ADVERTISED voice recognition features?

I think you're a colossal fool.
>>
Google is making it really fun to be a schizophrenic these days, aren't they?
>>
>>81295828
Realistically I doubt it but who knows. What is certain is that you have a dozen third party apps on your phone that request full permissions, that you installed without thinking, like the good goy you are.
>>
>meet random guy at the street and start talking for like half an hour
>know nothing but his first name
>get home
>facebook
>he is all of a sudden in the "recommended friends" list
>click him
>0 common friends with him
>??????????
God I fucking hate jews. If they are so advanced they probably know about me being a vicious anti-semite. I hate all of you god damned kikes. I hope you all die. The world would be a better place with the holocaust.
>>
>>81297567
Algorithms are listening in to you, hardly a difference from a privacy standpoint lol.
They can still just fetch that data whenever they need it (in the case of NSA/FBI)
>>
>>81301906
I said I oversimplified it, but sure then what you are saying is that google has invented some magic voice-listener and translater that from a distance of a couple of feet can recognize almost all speech correctly (otherwise it would be a waste of time), that at the same time doesn't load the processor at all and leaves no trace in the phones OS(easy to check, and no the OS isn't hijacked the source code is open ya twat atleast for android phone)?

The only way that would be possible is if the program was built into the processor itself, and incase you work with computers you should have at least basic knowledge on how a processor works and looks. Ever had one under a microscope? Are you seriously saying that google has some invisible alloy in all processors in all phones even though the processors have open designs that anyone can look up and compare to what they actually look like, whilst at the same time being able to transmit this data on some invisible framework since you can easily see that this "secret" data isn't transmitted by using even the most rudimentary wire-sniffing?

And I am the fool?
>>
>>81303355
>And I am the fool?

The cukshill. You're the cukshill.
>>
File: ooooh.gif (1 MB, 400x225) Image search: [Google]
ooooh.gif
1 MB, 400x225
>>81303675
>Britton startled by facts

Keep them meme's coming, those grade a bantz hurt my feelings something terrible
>>
>>81303355
I'm not saying Google at all, I'm saying Facebook.
>magic voice-listener and translater that from a distance of a couple of feet can recognize almost all speech correctly
Yes, it's not magic though, look at Youtube closed-captions, they are auto'magically' generated, on the fly, for every video uploaded, again you're implying that it's a stretch to imagine that doing this on a single audio stream is out of reach for a modern smartphone.
Moreover they don't need a whole perfectly transcribed conversation for advertising purposes.

Keep in mind, I'm not implying Facebook is actualyl doing anything nefarious, they're just serving targeted ads, but no network or machine is completely secure. Why would Zuckerberg himself tape his webcam and mic? Because he knows how insecure the whole thing really is...

> that at the same time doesn't load the processor at all and leaves no trace in the phones OS
Have you ever run the facebook app?
It's a massive battery hog that abuses the fuck out the CPU and for the most pert prevents phones from idling to sleep properly...

>The only way that would be possible is if the program was built into the processor itself, and incase you work with computers you should have at least basic knowledge on how a processor works and looks. Ever had one under a microscope? Are you seriously saying that google has some invisible alloy in all processors in all phones even though the processors have open designs that anyone can look up and compare to what they actually look like, whilst at the same time being able to transmit this data on some invisible framework since you can easily see that this "secret" data isn't transmitted by using even the most rudimentary wire-sniffing?
Now you're the one going tinfoil, this isn't hidden I'm not implying it is, in any way - in fact it's quite the opposite, it's in plain sight.. the facebook app literally asks for permission to use your microphone at all times to which people happily agree.
>>
File: webcam kikes get out.jpg (129 KB, 960x1280) Image search: [Google]
webcam kikes get out.jpg
129 KB, 960x1280
>>81301692
Rate my webcam.
>why don't you just unplug it
I use my webcam as a mic.
>>
>>81302414

He looked you up and decided not to add you. Friend suggestions are people that gawked your profile
>>
>>81304042
Whelp okay we are talking about different things here, sorry for acting so overkill. Thought you meant you had some secret background program always transmitting data.

If you have the facebook app running, i do not doubt at all that they easily could do this, again if they did it would be really hard to keep secret due to packet sniffing (could be done but again, would be found out sooner or later).

But who the fuck has a facebook app on their phone? Why would you have that?
>>
>>81301692
He's a person of interest. Blsckmailing him with a video of him jerking it could earn you some money
>>
>>81304308
He didn't even know my name.
>>
>>81300876
Bull. Fucking. Shit.
>>
>>81304546
I actually don't but most of my family are idiots who do and then ask why their phones are always going flat.

>>81304550
*Everyone* is a target.
That doesn't mean someone is specifically 'out to get you' like they might Zuck, but you only have to look at Cryptolocker to understand how ANYONE can be target now.
The idea of specifically trying to blackmail a single rich/famous person is insignificant compared to the ability to extort $200 from 100,000 regular schmos in an automated matter.
>>
>>81295828
I logged into my facebook account that I made what feels like a decade ago, which has no identifying information (aside from what they gather from my IP address), and despite that they knew to advertise people I knew... which all ended up being some of my best friends from high school. Several of which don't even live near me anymore.
Thread replies: 55
Thread images: 9

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.