[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Should Distracted Driving Have Higher Punishments?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /pol/ - Politically Incorrect

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 2
File: car crash.jpg (88 KB, 660x450) Image search: [Google]
car crash.jpg
88 KB, 660x450
People in Ontario are really freaked out over this ad and are demanding new measures for "distracted drivers". Does /pol/ agree?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Pcc3VG1TeaU
>>
I punished yo mama last nite lil white boy
>>
>>81265567
STFU
>>
>>81265567
Oh btw speak proper English.
>>
>>81265026
Rare flag
>>
>>81266114
Explain how my flag is rare.
>>
>>81265026
No. It's the new Darwinism.
>>
>>81265026
The ad they play in Iowa is one were a wife is in the hospital about to give birth and her husband is texting her while driving to the hospital and the husband crashes and dies
>>
>>81266191
Yeah but the people don't die they just go to a hospital for 50+ years using even more tax money. Like in this ad the kid doesn't die.
>>
>>81266191
this right here the "uneducated" killing themselves off is natural unfortunately they manage to kill some innocents in the process
>>
>>81266384
If you watch the ad tho you will realize the kid doesn't die. He will probably drain MILLIONS in heathcare money by the time he dies (of old age or what-not)
>>
>>81266231
Same kinda thing, except at least that ad appeals to as some of the anons in the thread said, the "survival of the fittest".
>>
>>81266380
Well, kindly end their suffering. What kind of "quality of life" is that?
Just take a suicide slurpee and get it over with.
>>81266384
Even educated people can be stupid.
>>
>>81267129
>Well, kindly end their suffering. What kind of "quality of life" is that?
That's illegal though

>Just take a suicide slurpee and get it over with.
The government would never allow that.
>>
>>81265026
>looking at phone through an intersection
i've ridden a bus and seen literally a third or more of people looking at their phones on the freeway, and i still don't think it's really a big deal. vast majority of those accidents are just one retard rear ending another for like $500-$2000 of damage. on the other hand if someone is that careless with access to a phone, literally anything from a billboard to a nose itch will distract them enough to cause the same sorts of accidents.

i don't know what your laws are now but i sincerely doubt changing them will mean anything to people. getting a drivers license should just become a lot harder.
>>
I can't believe Egoraptor is paralyzed now
>>
>>81267438
Haha finally someone knew that was Egrorapter.
>>
>>81267385
How come accidents have risen 28% since cell-phones became more common
>>
>>81267653
a million and a half other distinct things have happened in that time.

and you're assuming i don't think cell phones increase how much distraction there is. i'm saying people themselves don't change just because they have a cell phone.
>>
>>81267952
That's why you increase the punishments.
>>
File: 1399500515553.gif (1 MB, 240x299) Image search: [Google]
1399500515553.gif
1 MB, 240x299
>>81265026
Way too many clowns behind the wheel. Driving regulations need to be enforced more. Idiots that blow red lights or speed through side streets should be pulled from their vehicles, beaten, then supplied with a bus ticket. Their driving days will be over. Distracted drivers same thing.
>>
>>81265026

Drunk drivers should be flayed alive, dipped in a pool of sea salt and then raped by a bunch of niggers before being thrown into a ditch.
>>
>>81265026
>"distracted drivers"

There are basically three types of drivers that cause accidents:

distracted drivers(including intoxicated drivers)
reckless drivers(pay attention but do illegal shit like speeding anyway)
inexperienced drivers(pay attention, follow the rules but can't read the traffic and cause an accident)

I'm too lazy to search for it, but I'm 99% sure that distracted drivers are by far the great majority of accidents and the legislation is made around them.
>>
>>81268088
to what end? your logic also applies to punishing teenagers, men, and asians harder because they cause more accidents.

if you just want more money, raise taxes on owning cars in general it works much better. you're not going to deter anything with some punishment on "distraction" any more than you do with drunk driving, which is effectively nothing.

you can meet me halfway and make people purchase an annual exam that is hard as fuck in order to keep driving legally.
Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.