[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Can someone explain to me, like I'm 5 years old, what's
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /pol/ - Politically Incorrect

Thread replies: 122
Thread images: 8
File: images.png (5 KB, 343x147) Image search: [Google]
images.png
5 KB, 343x147
Can someone explain to me, like I'm 5 years old, what's happening in Turkey?
>>
Military coup. Probably secular military versus Islamist government.
>>
>>81253523
Unpopular conservative muslim president made a lot of people made. Some of these mad people had guns and tanks.
>>
File: mossad-cia.jpg (64 KB, 582x291) Image search: [Google]
mossad-cia.jpg
64 KB, 582x291
The CIA and Mossad have armed and instigated leftist Generals to overthrow the right-religious and Russian-tolerant government. This will allow them to further destabilize the Russian-Syrian relations so they can eventually overthrow Assad and invade Iran unjustly to further the Zionist cause.

On your tax dollars, of course.
>>
>>81253523
The usual comedy.
>>
The news stations have been shilling against the coup since the beginning so you can be sure its not CIA sponsored thus doomed to fail.
>>
>>81253523

Bad men running around. A lot of boom boom's.
>>
>>81253523
roach gets conquered by more powerful roach
>>
>>81253709
Jesus Christ dude, how do you get confused withe "made" and "mad"?
>>
erdogan falseflagging himself to become full dictator

we will see if its a false flag or not from the reactions of other countries.
>>
>>81253523
here is what i dont understand. I know Erogon is a huge faggot and is awful so why are all these roachs in the street against the military?
>>
>>81253920
I already explained this:

>>81253718
>>
>>81253920
Most roaches are just as bad.
>>
>>81253523
You're a serial spunk slurper and no one likes you.
>>
>>81253914
Sorry, been a long day,

Yeah, second one is supposed to be mad.

Also, "withe"

Jesus Christ dude...
>>
>>81253718

>I have no sources on any of this but wake up sheeple!!
>>
>>81253523
Erdogan, leader of Turkey, has stated that he wants the government to become more religious. He's censored some journalists that disagree with him by having them arrested, let migrants through to Europe, accused of being an ISIS sympathizer.

A small section of the secular military got fed up with him, and attempted a coup. They didn't kill him, they lost control of Istanbul, which is where Erdogan resides, but reported to have control of another city.
>>
>>81254119
Yea, yea, jew conspiracy. Thats not the part im asking about. Why are the regular plebs in the population against the military if the government is the "bad guy"?
>>
>>81253920
most turks are huge faggots and are awful
>>
>>81254520
>why don't people all think alike
>>
>>81253523
>ELI5
>>>/r/eddit
>>
>>81253523

Underage b&
>>
What does this mean for the Western World?
>>
>>81254643
fucking leaf look at the videos you fucking tard. You see everyone welcoming the military with flowers and open twats?
>>
>>81253523
Two theories. Either it's a military coup coming from the secular pro-American faction of the Turkish military, OR. OR, it's a false flag carried out by Erdogan himself as a prelude to further crackdowns. He probably got the idea from Obama tbhfam. Second theory seems more credible to me, Erdogan is already talking about "cleansing" the military of "traitors". The only shots fired were in the air, tanks weren't using their weapons or anything. If it was a real coup one would expect a lot more organization, a lot better attempt in general, because you only get one shot.

If it was a legit coup, why didn't they make sure they could capture or kill Erdogan?
>>
>>81253718
>obama supports erdogan
>putin supports the coup
>butt hurr durr itz le all a conspiracy!!!111
kill yourself
>>
>>81254841
>this is everyone in the country
>>
a coup so now one actually knows until its over
>>
#1 Anti-Erdogan military members made a really shitty coup attempt

or

#2 Erdogan committed a false flag coup so he could cleanse the military
>>
>>81253914
No confusion.
Many of his minions have made their bones under his watch.
>>
>>81253523
Well you see honey, sometimes when adults get angry at each other and disagree they need some time apart, remember how your friends parents got a divorce? We consider this the military trying to divorce the government. It's hard for everyone sweetie but you just have to stay positive know know that both the military and the Turkish government love you equally and this is not your fault.
>>
File: 1467772858291.jpg (29 KB, 640x480) Image search: [Google]
1467772858291.jpg
29 KB, 640x480
>>81253914
>withe
>>
>>81253523

The current democratically elected leader is a fundamentalist Islamist who supported ISIS, and this is blowing up in his face (well, in the face of his secular citizens).

The secular component of the military decided to say "fuck it" and launch a coup.

They got btfo.
>>
>>81254935
Erdogan is anti jew as all hell and has made bizarre Hitler comments. Would not surprise me if this is his version of Gleiwitz.
>>
>>81254935
A botched coup isn't enough evidence for a false flag. I swear you faggots just cry false flag at every major news story in the hopes of eventually getting lucky. Just so you can do the "I told you so, I called it" dance, even though /pol/ cries false flag at every. single. fucking. story.
>>
>>81253920

Because they are huge faggots and awful and therefore support Erdogan.

He's a, wait for the buzzword, "populist" riding high on MUH ISLAMIC CALIPHATE OTTOMAN EMPIRE 2.0

The bulk of the people, who contrary to what Cenk of TYT wants you to believe, are backwards inbred Islamists.

So they love Uncle Erdy. He is democratically elected.
>>
>independent organization within military steal armored vehicles
>they stage a coup but the higher ups from the military is not cool with it
>government so stupidly calls people to the streets because civil war
>No one knows who's in control as of now. Shit's still going on
>parliament meeting at noon.
>>
>>81253523

Turkey's military does not answer to its president like many other countries. They serve to maintain the vision of the country's founder.

The current president of Turkey has been pushing more and more islamist-focused laws (control of the media, things like that). This goes against the secular-focus of the country's founding.

The military has decided the president needs to be removed, and have staged a coup to accomplish this. This is not unique in Turkey's history, their military has done this a few times in the past for the same reasons. Presumably, the military's goal is to put someone more secular in power of the government.

The police in Turkey work for the government. So they are fighting against the military currently.
>>
>>81254520
SUUUUUUUURE

>>81253718
obviously not.
>>
>>81255517
True. Either way it doesn't really matter. If the coup fails, Erdogan will probably operate ten times as well.
>>
>>81253914
>withe
american slow down!! french fry in brain!
>>
>>81253920
Because they are turkroaches, man

They love regressive islam
>>
>>81255517
The difference here is Erdogan has run really weird propaganda campaigns against his enemies and even had made fake coup documents that supposedly came from the opposition (back in the early 2000's). This is right up his alley.
>>
>Erdogan, "I can has Islamic dictatorship"
>Military, "No"
>>
Any niggers on Twitter whining that this is distracting from muh black lives matter yet?
>>
>>81255804
>flag
I guess I don't need to tell you to kill yourself
>>
>>81255517
>one person calling false flag means /pol/ is calling it
>>
>>81255920
Im a Turkroach and I hate regressive Islam. Any sort of extraordinarily violent religious action is the poison that slowly kills progress and civilization in general. Many of my friends also think like this.
>>
>>81255522
>He is democratically elected.
Not only that, he's the most popular leader they've had in half a century.
>>
>>81253709
Except he is not unpopular. Roaches love him and he's pretty much a ISIS member
>>
>>81256367
>Roaches love him
Yep. This is a perfect case study of the masses vs. the constitution
>>
File: 1452734520488.jpg (5 KB, 250x213) Image search: [Google]
1452734520488.jpg
5 KB, 250x213
>thousands of turkish refugees being deported
>armenians are not swooping in like vultures feeding on carrion

ARMENIANS ARE FAGGOTS
>>
>>81255517
"Obama tripped and stubbed his toe"
>FALSE FLAG SCREEN SHOT THIS
>>
>>81256341
/pol/ is not old enough to understand the concept of "someone from X culture does not believe the same thing as the loudest extremes of X culture".
>>
erdogan has been their best leader ever since the fall of the caliphs. Ataturk did nothing but embarass the turks by trying to throw away their entire history for some radical leftie christian zionist agenda. fuck him. Roasting quite uncomfortably in the grave as we speak. You people hate on someone who just doesn't cow tow to you. Every turk i know loves the guy but you idiots are here wishing him to be gone. Why because he's not like you.
>>
>>81256367
>>81256679

This is as good a wake up call to the fucking fence sitters in Europe as any.

>b-but w-why are the everyday, good, moderate muslim people supporting a violent Islamist ISIS loving scumbag....t-that doesn't fit the n-narrative!

When will they get it through their thick heads that these Le Evil dictators are the only thing maintaining secularism in the Middle East and North Africa, and that the everyday man on the street there is an ISIS loving chimp?
>>
Roaches
>>
>>81253523
military is taking over.
>>
>>81257454

You're not old enough to understand that "someone from X culture believing one thing does not mean that the majority of those from X culture believe something else".

Egypt and Turkey show you that the LOUDEST EXTREMES are actually the moderate or secular components, and that the majority of the culture is regressive Islamist retardation.
>>
>>81257916
>see flag
>disregard post
>>
>>81257627

>why

Because he's an Islamist who supports the destruction of humanity and the submission of all to Islam (particularly if he gets to be at the forefront).

That's not to say I begrudge him or his supporters for wanting to be top dog.

But obviously as someone who stands to be destroyed by this ideology, I'm not going to support him and will be glad to see him gone.

Unless you're a Turk Islamist yourself, you are a major self loathing cuck.
>>
>>81253523
Liberals resorting to mob justice .. Again
>>
>>81253915
this

pretty fucking convenient his hotel gets bombed AFTER he left it
>>
>>81258040
>can't understand engrish very well
>call it a shitpost and move on
>>
>>81258040

No his version is much more accurate in describing these situations, yours is more bias towards models of similarity and not dissimilarity.

Also by your flag logic, quit being a communal cunt and think for yourself Japan.
>>
>>81258341
How are liberals doing mob justice? They are arresting anyone involved with the coup.
>>
>>81258341

If the Turkish government is becoming more authoritarian and islamic. Then shouldn't it be 'Conservatives resorting to mob justice' if we're directing that statement towards the civilians outside mobbing the military?
>>
>>81259485
Generally anti-coup is aiding police and doing their best to disrupt military persons. The pro coup are just following the soldiers orders to make sure nothing bad happens
>>
>>81259485
>>81259806
By liberals I mean the self proclaimed secular faction of military
>>
>>81259485
Pro-erdogan people are conservatives rtard
>>
>>81260941
They are right-wing

>>81261215
>neo-con
>conservative
Dam you're retarded
>>
>>81253523
Military in Turky is traditionaly pro secular state Erdogan is Pro islamic state, this is the last gasp of Turkey
>>
>>81253523
One of these two options
A.Erdogan falseflagging this coup to become a dictator (Most likely one)
B. A secular sect of the army raising up against him after he raped turkey for 14 years
>>
>>81261923
>they are right wing
Yeah right wing military throwing over right wing PM. Ok
>>
>>81258181
You couldn't tell when he said you people
>>
>>81261923
See how he >>81262123
says 'secular sect of the army'? r-tard
>>
Said this a few times already.
This is NOT secular army parts revolting.
Because they know how to do it.

This is a false flag or a fetullahci operation
>>
>>81255694
>parliament meeting at noon.

in the blown up parliament building? kek
>>
>>81262820
Ok then tell us who did the coup mehmet?
>>
>>81262820
>opinions of illiterate goat herder immigrant's son
kek
>>
>>81262820
DOesnt matter the Army will be destroyd now that Army was the bulwark of Turkey secularism and now it will be purged
>>
>>81253523
>>81253523
Usually coups in Turkey occur to uphold democracy. It's highly unusual like that. It seems like it's just a case of a lot of troops getting tired of Erdogan's shit.
>>
The bay of pigs 2.0
>>
>>81253523
Secular military is sick of current regime that is pushing Islam more in day to day life.

>Mosques are calling to prayer 5 times a day when they never used to
>Regime fully complicit in ISIS and buying cheap oil from them
>Terrorist attacks going off constantly
>Regime alienates Kurds and other ethnic minorities angering them.

In other words its a divide between Islam and Secularism. The exact same thing that happened in Syria with Assad except reverse roles as Assad is a secularist.
>>
>>81253619
>asks to eli5
>you respond with words that you yourself learned today
>a fucking leaf
>>
>>81262615
Sure buddy

>>81263827
u like all governments need to learn
>>
SHIT

WAS

HAPPENING
>>
>>81263827
>>81253619

I loled
fucking leafs
>>
>>81263694
And it must be noted that the Turkish military is extremely secular and views themselves as defenders of the secular constitution. If your a Turkish officer and you're found to be praying daily in public or if your wife is found to be wearing veils or a headscarf you'll be reprimanded and passed over for promotions and prestigious assignments
>>
>>81253523
The president was bad and his army got mad and fought him. Get in my van and I'll tell you the rest.
>>
>>81264889

hmm
>>
>>81264392
That won't be the case for long unfortunately if this coup fails. Get ready for a major purge of secularism from the military.

Even if the chances are slim, fight on secular Turkbros. There is no going back now.
>>
>>81257718
I don't think the western left will ever figure this out. They will let thier lands, women and homes be pillaged until they are extinct. All the while they will be apologizing for them
>>
File: 11844415204.png (56 KB, 635x324) Image search: [Google]
11844415204.png
56 KB, 635x324
>Peace at Home Movement
Sounds comfy.
>>
>>81264042
you got that right buddy
>>
>>81256367

Many roaches hate his guts a lot.

>>81256679

He's barely even democratic. Voter intimidation, arrests of opposition, declaring main opponent parties terrorists, and the use of cops on protest groups show that he's barely holding on. If he didn't have to use such violent and unpopular means, he wouldn't.

>>81253865

Roach on roach violence
>>
>>81256679
ssssuuuuurrrreeee
>>
>>81253523
Military is traditionaly secular, after the founder of Turkey genral Kemal Ataturk

current govt is aloha snackbars and are getting each day more powerful
>>
>the entire coup depends on squashing king roach himself
>strike when he's out of the country
?
>>
>>81263827
>secular and Islamist
>words you just learned today

Stop projecting you absolute mongoloid, not everyone is as dumb as you
>>
holy fuck civilians getting rekt

Warning, graphic

https://twitter.com/Conflicts/status/754170083514220545
>>
>>81253523
Cosidering the previous state of Turkey it could be
>military takeover initiated by the eu hence refugees
>military coup against radical islam or to save theire own people, kurds and shit
>egypt....
>>
>>81266031
Split that nigga right in half
>>
reddit fag
>>
Was this ever posted?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p5SyundVt84
>>
>>81266031
Should have used truck instead.
>>
>>81253914
I thought it was a reference to a classic /new/ meme, but probably not
>>
>>81253709
>unpopular
When will this meme die. Why do you buy into that propaganda. Within minutes Erdogan had civilians punching fucking tanks away. Obviously, there are people that do not like him. But he still gets elected by a majority over and over again. That does not mean he has no critiques. He just is not the dictator, western media makes him out to be. Him being a good or bad president is up to debate. Him having support isn't.

inb4 ahmed. Do we want to have political discussion or an echo chamber...
>>
I don't know guys. Ankara seems pretty peaceful right now.

https://www.periscope.tv/hijazz/1YpKkoXgBDjKj
>>
So the coup failing means ISIS is gonna have a staging ground for launching full scale attacks into Europe beyond just solitary snackbars spearing their messages of peace doesn't it?
>>
File: 1468644936385.jpg (85 KB, 636x656) Image search: [Google]
1468644936385.jpg
85 KB, 636x656
>>81266975
sure
>>
>>81266975
I'm sure it varies from area to area. Just 15 minutes ago a bunch of police in Ankara were trying to blockade coup tanks and got themselves rekt
>>
File: byzballlurking.png (118 KB, 266x264) Image search: [Google]
byzballlurking.png
118 KB, 266x264
>>81253523
>>
>>81255245
But why can't everyone just get along, mom?
>>
>>81253920
Because, inner politicaly, he just is not that bad. He developed turkey heaps as social state. Turkey was a privatized, poor shithole before him. He gave turkey affordable schoold and healthcare. Furthermore, a lot of turkish people are religious. The truth is, he made life in turkey a lot better for a lot of people. Obviously he will have support. Most people anywhere only care about personal benefits. Just as Trump supporters could give a shit about what other countries think about Trump. Same goes for Erdogan and his supporters. He really knows how to rally people behind him (and almost just as many opposing). Turkey is very split. This does not mean, as western media is always selling, that noone supports him. He just is very polarizing, though that is partly because turkish people polarize over fucking anything.
>>
>>81255522
This is a pretty good indicator that direct democracy, while good on paper, does not actually work unless the people are educated and secular.
>>
http://www.liveleak.com/view?i=da3_1468636610

crowds of protesters
>Aloha Snakbar
to stop a TANK... take a look
>>
>>81253718
>erdogan pro russian

are you retarded?
>>
>>81267883
Turkey does not have direct democracy. Your statement is skewed. Democracy if not rigged always works because it just asks for what the majority wants. Just because you do not agree with the turkish majority, does not mean democracy does not work. It being a bad system to rule a nation is up do debate. But it gets its advertised job done. Your worldview of secularism means nothing in any context. There is no right way. There is no truth. No one knows. It is all about feelings. And yours seem to be hurt.

The problem is that national democracy is trying to solve international problems, making it an undemocratic process for all other parties involved in an international conflict. The solution being aimed for is a one world government, to democratically ask anyone. I don't think that will work but eh
>>
>>81253523
Dominicans destabilizing another country yet again. But this, it's Turkey.
>>
>>81267883
Really, they need a 'bill of rights' that is actually followed. Then everything wouldn't be too bad. Constitutionally limit the democracy.
>>
When is Russia taing over tho
Thread replies: 122
Thread images: 8

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.