[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Stem Cells
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /pol/ - Politically Incorrect

Thread replies: 43
Thread images: 3
File: Stem cell.jpg (836 KB, 1600x1200) Image search: [Google]
Stem cell.jpg
836 KB, 1600x1200
Redpill me on stem cells /pol/. My libcuck friend seems to think they can cure anything and they're illegal because it hurts evil Christian republican's feelings.
>>
>>81251209
That's the truth. It's the one time where libs are right.
>>
>>81252740
This
For once they are not full of shit
>>
it's not illegal, just not approved yet for the most part
>>
>>81251209
I think its true they have great benefits for healing,

ProTip: Cut baby foreskins bought and sold for stem cells
>>
stem cells are next level medicine tier shit, it's like spending 1000 years fixing toppled lego structures with dry mud and pieces from other sculptures, only to later find a machine that lets you mould your own pieces.
>>
>>81251209
We need more evidence before we can move forward, so while I wont call complete bullshit on the liberals.

Without further testing and EVIDENCE I refuse to take it as a miracle cure everyone keeps going on about.
>>
>>81253051
I forget what the exact rules about legality of embryonic cells are but i know the government isn't allowed to gib any research monies
>>
>>81253180
Fucking jews at it again
>>
>>81251209
can cure a lot of things and are... yeah basically illegal because they hurt feelings
>>
File: 1468170748238.jpg (113 KB, 800x800) Image search: [Google]
1468170748238.jpg
113 KB, 800x800
Cancer is already curable t b h but they will never accept the drug
>>
>>81253268
>hurr durr we need more evidence hurr durr but we can't do tests to get the evidence because they're stem cells
Imagine if our ancestors acted this way with electricity.
>>
>>81253364
Too profitable to be curing people than to actually cure them..
>>
>>81251209
It's the same reason so many countries have anti gene modification laws desu

People are very uncomfortable with those ideas
>>
>>81252740
>>81253000
Lol, no. This is the common knowledge that most dumb idiots who read click b8 article headlines have of them.

Truth is they are often rejected in most operations and become cancerous. Many people go for Stem Cell operations in foreign countries because they are illegal here and come back with giant tumors threatening their health instead.

We dont understand them well enough nor can we use them properly.
>>
>>81251209
stems cells aren't illegal. both my kids have part of their umbilical cord saved at a cryogenic facility.
>>
>>81253510
Care to rephrase?
>>
>>81253498
Yes we'd all be like the people supporting global warming without evidence.

Or maybe you believe in that too?
>>
>>81251209
Tell your friend to google "Stem cells harvested from human urine used to regrow a set of teeth".
>>
>>81253611
>going to third world country for highly advanced unstudied treatment
>it goes wrong
>TREATMENT DOESN'T WORK SHUT IT DOWN
Christ do you not understand the point? The potential is there and we could easily discover how to treat effectively but we aren't in the process of doing so because hurr durr muh abortions
>>
>>81253645
You make more money off "trying" to cure people rather than just giving them a cheap cure and letting them get on with their lives.
>>
>>81253268
Med and biochemistry student here. They're awesome and look promising.
A trachea has already being built using stem cells, and implanted in a patient's throat, with good results.
But can easily provoke a cancer, growing uncontrollably. Further study needed.

Also, consider the different types of stem cells.
>>
>>81253613
Those are on the only legal uses of them though and sometimes they will even be rejected by close family members, they are also not the same as embryonic stem cells
>>
>>81253753
I have no idea the correlation between global warming, electricity and stem cells.
>>
>>81253913
>easily discover how
Not really, there is already billions being spent on research with few results. I dont care about abortions but they dont need more samples, they have enough the research is just taking forever.
>>
>>81253977
forgot to add, red bone marrow trasplant. That also includes stem cells usage, and as far as i know, it works good too.
>>
>>81253977
They regrown ears, teeth, noses, they mainly use them for growing skin, we use 3d printers to print out new bones for facial surgeries/reconstructive surgery. Use either stem cell skin grown or a skin graft to apply over.

Catch up rest of the world, we've been doing this shit since 2013.
>>
>>81253180
>>81253331
This shit fucking drives me up the wall. Male human infants in this country are literal cattle for the biomedical industry.

And women have the gall to complain about THEIR bodily integrity?
>>
>>81253645

Basically it's far more profitable for people to stay sick so doctors can keep treating the symptoms of conditions, rather than curing them entirely. Kinda like our pharmaceutical industry does today. You know, so Dr. Weinberg can afford his porsche.
>>
>>81254249
Based britbro is based. Yeah, since i entered university (4 years ago), many many things have been achieved, but the public doesn't know much.
>>
i think getting the stem cells to act properly was more the big issue? i'm not a biologist but I'm pretty sure they don't need to use embryonic cell anymore, they just reprogram skin and fat cells into the type they want.
>>
>>81252740
>That's the truth. It's the one time where libs are right.

Fetal stem sells aren't worth a shit though. They have only proved themselves to cause cancerous tumors.

Adult stem cells are the way to go.
>>
>>81254225
>few results
>regrowing body parts considered few results.
>>
>>81254678
>i'm not a biologist but I'm pretty sure they don't need to use embryonic cell anymore, they just reprogram skin and fat cells into the type they want.
That's true, they've been able to reverse skin cells into stem cells
>>
>>81254556
I wanted to ask you a question about graft vs host disease and stem cells, have you encountered it in your field?

Based Texas.
>>
>>81254864
Except they almost always become cancerous
>>
>>81255008
>http://abcnews.go.com/Health/stunning-recovery-child-stem-cell-trachea/story?id=16858771
>few results
>unsuccessful
>better shut it down
>>
>>81255008
>>81255291
>>81254971
I asked a question about GvHD, I ask because we encounter it here, it's very common but it's treatable with a drug regimen and usually settles down after a period of time.

Technology will advance as will biomedical research, people mocked heart surgery, people mocked the very idea of mobile phones, you go back 100 years and talk about an iPod and no one will know what the fuck you're on about.

So stop knocking science when it at least tries, when it explores, when it learns from mistakes and tries to correct those mistakes.

It doesn't just reside itself to mundane complacency like Africa does.
>>
>>81251209
Read a link from space elevator some time ago about Singapore using them to regrow the spine of a 40 year quadriplegic and rendering him able to walk again, that said cancer rates are high af and it needs to lose the stigma so we can actually research and study this shit.
>>
>>81251209
>Redpill me

quit using this stupid fucking meme
>>
>>81251209
They're cells that can basically replace any living tissue. They could be really valuable for future medical research. Too bad people are trying to ban them.
>>
>>81256699
>fish looking at hook in black and white picture with a caption in it
>>
File: 1468448757194.jpg (3 MB, 3000x1996) Image search: [Google]
1468448757194.jpg
3 MB, 3000x1996
Cord Blood

There's a massive dark underground market for it

It involves most western countries and public/prvate health services.

It will be a scandal in 10 years.

Those stem cells stolen from families could have been used to cure many illnesses that baby had in later life.

Also they are now doing premature cord cutting and not letting it drain into the child.

If you're born after 2000 they you probably had this procedure done to you and you stem cell count is about half what it shold be in your bones.

Elites are literally blood sucking

That's the red pill
Thread replies: 43
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.