[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>the parties switched This is the argument I get when I
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /pol/ - Politically Incorrect

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 3
File: image.png (70 KB, 676x430) Image search: [Google]
image.png
70 KB, 676x430
>the parties switched

This is the argument I get when I bring up the Democrat party's racist past, slavery, KKK.

How do you respond to this argument?
>>
>>81135350
>If Hitler suddenly became a Jewish communist, would you trust him?
>"N-no, but-"
>Then why would you trust the Democrats if the parties switched?

That shuts them up quickly.
>>
When did they 'switch'? As recently as the sixties, it was the Democrats who voted against the civil rights acts, not the Republicans. It's Democrats who've been in power for decades in the inner cities where black people live on poverty and kill each other in massive numbers. You just tell them the Democrats never stopped being the racist party
>>
>>81136318
That's a good point. I usually just say that the Democrat party is always the party bringing up race in one form or another
>>
File: party swich.png (126 KB, 1840x417) Image search: [Google]
party swich.png
126 KB, 1840x417
>>81135350
The party switch is a leftist meme to handwave their shameful past. All but a handful of democrat politicians that fought against civil rights in the 60s remained with the party for years afterwards.
>>
>>81136505
Just found this in the wiki page for the Civil Rights Act of 1964:

>When the bill came before the full Senate for debate on March 30, 1964, the "Southern Bloc" of 18 southern Democratic Senators and one Republican Senator led byRichard Russell(D-GA) launched afilibusterto prevent its passage.[14]

Whenever Democrats talk about civil rights tell them they were the most fervent opposition to it in the first place
>>
>>81136936
What about currently? In the last 50 years. They worship LBJ bc he gave them welfare. They just refuse to believe that it makes them dependent on the govt
>>
>>81137728
How has welfare helped anyone? Black single motherhood has jumped from 20% to 70% since the civil rights era. They still live in ghettos in the inner cities in government housing on government money. Yet they still vote like 90% Democrat.

The Democrats have literally done nothing for black people other than oppose civil rights then segregate them into ghettoes while somehow still keeping their vote
>>
>>81138408
That's pretty much what he said (I think)
>>
>>81138408
Also they've been extremely effective at convincing the public that everything they've done is actually the fault of the Republicans.

Hillary is always going on about the Republicans wanting to take us back to the past. In 2012 Video said 'they wanna put y'all back in chains'.

It's really quite insidious and the more I follow and learn about your politics the more I'm becoming disgusted by the Left and the Democrats in your country

>>81139080

I know I was just giving my reasoning for why what they say is bullshit
>>
>>81139767
Biden* not video fuck me
>>
>>81138408
Johnson even said he would have "those niggers" voting democrat for 200 years.
>>
>>81135350
Uh..there isn't one.

The Southern Strategy is well documented, thanks to Tricky Dick Nixon. Not sure why you would want to counter a correct argument.

I guess you could make some memes or something, if you want to counter them.
>>
>>81140216
As much as I want that quote to be true when I looked into it, it was stated by a guy who heard LBJ say it in private conversatio so ive refrained from using it cause i feel like people would just dismiss it too easily as fake
>>
>>81135890
Theyd try to shut you up using Godwins law or some bullshit, do you have another example?
>>
>>81135350
I passed my history classes in grde school, high school and college with good grades, so I agree, because it's THE FUCKING TRUTH
>>
>don't cater to feelings
Heh
>>
http://www.politifact.com/truth-o-meter/statements/2010/may/25/michael-steele/steele-says-gop-fought-hard-civil-rights-bills-196/
>>
File: 1297757848864.jpg (42 KB, 205x205) Image search: [Google]
1297757848864.jpg
42 KB, 205x205
>>81135350
you can't because the parties have clearly switched.
>insert barry goldwater quote here
>>
Problem is the GOP worked to pass civil rights and the Democrats moved in with the welfare chains on their southern population to control their vote. The GOP didn't do anything to stop this or red pill the blacks. Then Crack cocaine flooded the black neighborhoods, following a series of republican presidencies and there's no time table on whether it happened under Johnsons or Reagans watch. Then there was the disparity between cocaine and crack and punishments, which was used to argue for Republicans racism for creating law which would imprison blacks disproportionately. Then the cops flooded the black neighborhoods and then race warriors joined the police forces to hurt black people, albeit in small numbers, but it is documented. And Republican leaders since then typically haven't done much to help them in terms of job creation in poor neighborhoods. So they just stick with the welfare check. Then theres also the fact that the GOP has its actual Christian nut jobs running states as governors instead of normal conservatives.

We need a third party that preaches conservatism that isn't the GOP. Blacks are highly conservative as a group, but they don't trust the GOP because of the 80s.
Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.