[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Damn did Islam conquer all of this peacefully?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /pol/ - Politically Incorrect

Thread replies: 53
Thread images: 11
File: map-spread_of_Islam.jpg (201 KB, 1024x679) Image search: [Google]
map-spread_of_Islam.jpg
201 KB, 1024x679
Damn did Islam conquer all of this peacefully?
>>
File: image.png (459 KB, 592x300) Image search: [Google]
image.png
459 KB, 592x300
>>81109162
We need to bring back based Egypt.
>>
>>81109162
All of that is nothing compared to what the "Sword of Islam" Tamerlane did.

The man is credited with killing over 5% of the entire world population.

All in the name of Islam.
>>
File: damn.png (469 KB, 2000x1027) Image search: [Google]
damn.png
469 KB, 2000x1027
>>81109162
Damn did Christianity conquer all of this peacefully?
>>
>>81109162
>jewish sects
>peaceful
Haha
>>
>>81109359
No, just a few hundred disgruntled spaniards.
>>
File: yep.jpg (17 KB, 200x318) Image search: [Google]
yep.jpg
17 KB, 200x318
>>81109441
who violently spread christianity too
>>
>>81109336
Wasnt Temur tho your everyday mongolic horselord? I mean, murder is a passtime for those savages either way.
The mongolic hordes killed so many people they cooled the planet down.
>>
File: Ante Pav.jpg (7 KB, 189x266) Image search: [Google]
Ante Pav.jpg
7 KB, 189x266
>>81109585
REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE FUCK YOU SERB
YOU'RE FROM RIJEKA I BET REEEE GET OUT
>>
>>81109162
______________¶___
|religion of peace ||l “”|””\__,_
|______________|||__|__|__|] sword is peace
(@)@)*********(@)(@)**(@)
>>
>>81109585
No, they mostly lusted after gold. Missionaries followed later, and they converted the natives peacefully.
>>
>>81109686
za dom i poglavnika spremni
>>
>>81109585
They spread them beyond Europe to backward savages, doesnt matter.
The Baltic crusades were a crime. As was the 4th. The fourth crudade did worse things to Europe than some of those caliphates.
>>
>>81109162
Yes, but it was America's fault for entering the Gulf War, kek.
>>
>>81109162
They just rolled their army when no army was there to fight them. But then we came.
>>
>>81109726
>converted the natives peacefully
>converted peacefully
>peacefully
>>
>>81109359
>>81109441
>>81109585
They didn't do it in the name of christianity though. In fact priests tried to stop the atrocities.
>>
>>81109585
And anyways, even if the conquistadors converted by force native americans, it doesn't change the fact that christianity had nothing to do with it. Christian law doesn't prescribe forced conversion.

Whereas in the case of shitslam, the pedophile mohammed actually waged holy war against his neighbor tribes, sacked their cities, took their women as sex slaves, and forcibly converted them. Then his successors went on to do the same all over the middle east.
>>
>>81109441
Nip remarks on ethics after peacefully spreading culture from the islands up through the Korean peninsula and into chinkville
>>
File: SLAVS ARE COMING.jpg (1 MB, 1200x675) Image search: [Google]
SLAVS ARE COMING.jpg
1 MB, 1200x675
>>81109764
mmm You're fine brat.
>>
>>81109162
>talking shit about nations who conquer
Tone down the autism m8s, getting a little too try hard.
>>
>>81109854
Yes, peacefully. In fact the force behind ending slavery in the Americas were missionaries.

They brought a lot of peace and stability to the region. I remind you that the religion which preceded Christianity in the Americas sacrificed thousands of humans every day by ripping their hearts out.
>>
>>81109686
Yesterday was his birthday <3
>>
>>81109585
Christianity is not the religion of peace though.
>>
>>81109336
>>81109627
Bosnian is right, the Mongols were already slaughtering people before they converted so it's hard to blame it on Islam. Although Islam definitely didn't help.
>>
File: likedudeswut.jpg (25 KB, 300x354) Image search: [Google]
likedudeswut.jpg
25 KB, 300x354
>>81109884
>>81109874
now seriously, do you people actually believe christianity didnt do anything wrong
>>
>>81109896
Tbh I am in a bit Nietzschian in that sense. European colonialism was positive because it was a superior civilization replacing an inferior civilization. The problem with Islam is that it is an inferior civilization which replaced superior civilizations (egypt, byzantine empire, persia, vedic india, etc.)
>>
File: Ante Pavelić.jpg (28 KB, 440x296) Image search: [Google]
Ante Pavelić.jpg
28 KB, 440x296
>>81109999
Nice digits, I celebrated with some Rakia very it was blessed.
>>
>>81110091
Answer me this : how many sex slaves this Jesus have? How many people did Jesus order the execution of?
>>
>>81109162
What part of "Religion of Peace" don't you understand?
>>
>>81109884
Well actually, they did issue a fetwa to prevent forced conversions of christians.

The caliphate became more advanced than Europe because it was more tolerant, but not out of peacefulness.
The christians living under them were sources of taxes, with the extra of a christian tax.

Meamwhile the church, ie the worst anti-european organisation ever, forced Europe into decay.
>>
>>81110084
>>81109627

True but Tamerlane slaughtered non-muslims populations mainly, muslim citizens were left alone

He did call himself and was called the Sword of Islam.
>>
File: no_estimates.jpg (14 KB, 536x257) Image search: [Google]
no_estimates.jpg
14 KB, 536x257
>>81110149
>>
>>81110149
None because Jesus was a hebrew protocommunist and Mo an arabo-israeli warlord.
>>
>>81110244
>Well actually, they did issue a fetwa to prevent forced conversions of christians.
Only once the caliphate was established, and because they wanted to tax them.

This didn't prevent them from conquering many christian lands with the goal of taxing them. The muslims didn't end up in southern france because they wanted to visit the french countryside.

>The caliphate became more advanced than Europe because it was more tolerant
No, because the islamic still hadn't rotted the persian mind, and hadn't stamped out hellenic influence.

After a few centuries of mudslime brainrot, the muslim world stopped producing anything worthy. It hasn't evolved in 1000 years.
>>
>>81109874
If you read the first-hand account by one of Cortez's conquistadors (Bernal Díaz del Castillo), it's truly remarkable how forbearing they were in regard to pagan custom, especially the priests.

>>81110091
New Testament doesn't advocate conquest. Doesn't use the word 'crusade'. Jihad is used in the Qu'ran and Muhammad ordered dozens of military campaigns.
>>
>>81110323
That doesn't answer my question.

>>81110402
Exactly.
>>
>>81110091
Yes, because Imperialism was driven by political and economic factors, not by religious. In fact, in many colonised areas, freedom of religion was perfectly allowed, although Christianity was encouraged in some areas.
>>
File: prayer-jesus.jpg (40 KB, 443x600) Image search: [Google]
prayer-jesus.jpg
40 KB, 443x600
>>81110463
God is Jesus and he even prays to himself
>>
There should be no criticism of the conversion of the natives by the Spanish. Those Amerindians practiced cannibalism as part of their rituals and their gods were not kind.
>>
>>81110599
Freedom of religion was also allowed in those territories the OP showed. They didn't become Muslim over night. Most were still majority Christian 4 centuries later.
>>
>>81111843
>Freedom of religion was also allowed in those territories the OP showed
Not really. Non-muslims were second class citizens. In addition to paying more taxes, they were subject to strict repression. For instance, simply saying "I am a christian" in the presence of a muslim got you the death penalty.
>>
>>81110091
When they got there that saw human sacrifice.
>>
>>81109336
Tamer's main goal was the unification of the Mongol Empire. He himself only used Islam as a way to get the Muslim populations of his empire to support his conquest.
>>
>>81112043
Of course the ruling classes treated people not sharing their religion and being potentially rebellious shittily. Like everywhere in history. But the original point was that the Islamic empires somehow were worse in this regard than the Christian ones. Which is plainly not being demonstrated ITT. Try being an open believer in Quetzalcoatl in circa 1600 in Mexico. What do you think would have happened with you?

>For instance, simply saying "I am a christian" in the presence of a muslim got you the death penalty.
Sauce
>>
>>81113053
You can't justify shitty treatment with shitty treatment. Even if Christians treated infidels badly, it does not give the Muslims right to treat Christian infidels badly afterwards. And nowadays, no matter what crimes Christians have done in the past, Muslims have absolutely no right to commit atrocities against westerns. Especially because most westerns barely pay even lip service to god anymore.
>>
>>81109162
No

It conquered it using the same tactics it now used to conquer us
>>
>>81113825
I don't give a shit about Muslims. My original post was in reply to some Brit dipshit who literally said Christianity did not do anything wrong and there never was any religious discrimination by them.
>>
>>81113053
Actually they were worse; especially when compared to the later European Empires.
>>
The only thing Tamerlane did wrong was not giving the killing blow to the Ottomans.
>>
>>81114171
>WHY 500 YEARS AGO, WHEN RELIGION AND POLITICS WERE PARTS OF THE SAME SYSTEM, PEOPLE WERE MEAN TO OTHERS WHEN CONQUERING TERRITORIES!
>THIS MEANS THAT MUSLIM TERRORISM ISN'T A PROBLEM.

That's what you're arguing.

Dipshit.
>>
>>81109874

There was one Spanish priest/bishop I can't remember the name of right now who sort of snapped after being around the Mexican natives for too long. He was a real cool guy for a while. He tried convincing the natives they needed Jesus instead of flayed death gods and wrote down pretty much all we know about their language and customs. Then after that he went full purge on their asses.
>>
>>81109162
>muh desert
Thread replies: 53
Thread images: 11

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.