[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
You all fell for one of the biggest lies regarding human health.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /pol/ - Politically Incorrect

Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 35
File: image.jpg (136 KB, 720x720) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
136 KB, 720x720
You all fell for one of the biggest lies regarding human health.

Smoking, what was once common pastime, is in truth not a considerable health risk for any problem or illness. The number of smokers who have diseases is astronomically small compared to smokers who do not. The U.S. government and incompetent scientists have all fed the human populace these insane lies that have zero evidence. Where else have you heard that smoking and secondhand smoke is bad for you outside of government information and jargon obsessed scientists who just throw a bunch of vague words and platitudes around? People who have studied tobacco for decades objectively know it's not really bad for you.
>>
>>81084099
and how many smokers develope lung cancer?
>>
>>81084099
OP literal retard
>>
>>81084099
Most smokers in their 40s start getting a really nasty sounding cough and say they can't start running because of their habit?
Is this healthy anon?
I just quit because i'm trying to get in better shape (requires some form of cardio)

So am I just fuckin stupid or are you stupid?
>>
>>81084099
Except if you don't smoke your likelihood of getting lung cancer are almost 10x slimmer
>>
>>81084099
have fun going blind, losing your teeth, and not being able to find your way to the hospital when your heart fails thanks to your smoking habit
>>
You like smoking. We get it.
>>
>>81084099
Mike Pence, get off 4chan.
>>
>>81084099
There are more non smokers with lung cancer because they get affected by second hand smoking, which is more harmful than smoking a cigarette.
>>
SAvaGE goes in the Optionfield
>>
>>81084099
yeah OP you're right.

government warnings concerning smoking are so vehement they far outweigh the risk of actual cancer. They are in fact politically and financially motivated-- nothing to do with health.

I don't smoke-- but I have nothing against it.
>>
>>81084288
I have great cardio and I smoke. Your problem is the burgers, stupid fatty
>>
http://www.iflscience.com/health-and-medicine/lung-capacity-smoker-vs-non-smoker/
>>
>>81084099
Another lie is that cancers are not different, there is no difference between breast, lung throat etc cancers...other than its location in one's body.
>>
The only bullshit about smoking is "second-hand smoke" which is completely made up.
>>
File: 11457a32e4.png (152 KB, 438x420) Image search: [Google]
11457a32e4.png
152 KB, 438x420
>>81084555

And then there's this gook fucking faggot, who's almost as much of a faggot as OP.
>>
I want every proud smoker ITT to post a vocaroo of themselves reading the first paragraph of Fahrenheit 451 and we'll see for ourselves just how squeaky clean those lungs are.
>>
File: image.jpg (56 KB, 592x395) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
56 KB, 592x395
>>81084555
>Japanese man thinking smoking is bad

How can this be?

>secondhand smoke affects non smokers

It's actually genetics, radon gas, and car pollution. Secondhand smoke is harmless.

http://www.smokescreens.org/chemistry.htm
>>
>>81084099
holy haha that source
>>
Lol no
>>
Smoker here. My great-grandfather lived to 87, and he smoked 20 a day, since he was 17 and drafted in WW2.
>>
File: 1468464403701.gif (2 MB, 400x400) Image search: [Google]
1468464403701.gif
2 MB, 400x400
>>81085074
Partially true. While cancers do end up being the same multiplying, self-destructive force they are on a genetic level, they have different rates of metastasis and symptoms depending on where they are located. Testicular cancer, for example, is a whole lot more survivable than pancreatic cancer due to the presence of symptoms like swelling, lower back pain, and so forth. It's a bit disingenuous to say that cancers aren't different since their location and their corresponding symptoms are more than enough to categorize and focus on, not to mention the tissue in which they take residence in as well.

>>81084099
Sure thing buddy, keep breathing in all that smoke and see how you turn out.
>>
>>81085424
He's right.

But also there's one single fact that makes all of this irrelevant shilling from every angle involved:

Marijuana smokers have never once in the long history of man developed Lung cancer. I wonder why that is...?
>>
>>81085044
That's a hoax, it's actually a lung blackened by coal.
>>
>>81084099
I don't care if smoking is as healthy as eating broccoli, fuck paying $7 a pack. What does that add up to over the course of a month? A year? What a goddamn waste of money. Smoking and the lottery is for dumb, poor people with no control.
>>
>>81084099
If you think inhaling smoke of any kind is not a completely retarded idea, you are a dead-cunt.
>>
>>81084099
>shilling for the Tobacco lobby on 4chan

kys
>>
>>81084852
indeed, those vehement warnings alone could give you a heart attack.
>>
You will only get cancer if you are genetically predispositioned to get cancer. Cancer is just cells mutating wrongly due to a low pH blood level. Too acidic blood. You will not get cancer if you drink sodium bicarbonate (a base+alkaline) daily.
>>
>>81085650
Thats like $3000 almost. Thats a brand new gaming computer. Smokers are cucks.
>>
>>81084099
Welp. thats it then, guess I'm now a #CamelJockey
>>
>>81084427
Prove that any of that happens. You can't.

https://www.sott.net/article/256364-Does-cigarette-smoking-really-cause-heart-disease
>>
Smoking is bad for your health, everyone knows this. It is made seem like that if you smoke one cigarette that you will instantly get 10 different cancers, get addicted on the spot and you get robbed of all your money. Maybe its better that way.
I smoke every summer because I find it incredibly relaxing during summers, but I dont smoke during other seasons. I know its still very bad for me, but like every adult on this planet, I have the right to be a dumbass and destroy my body.

All this scaring about smoking makes me wonder though. My grandma has smoked since she was like 15 and shes now 18. Apparently not a day without a cigarette. Then again she smokes like 3-5 times a day, but still. Odd that she is still in good health, good genes I guess.
>>
>>81085876
Listen to this guy. He sounds like a doctor
>>
>>81084099

Smoking a couple cigs a day is fine. No noticeable health effects were found in smokers that smoked 3 or less a day. Pack a day smokers are fucking their health up because they can't enjoy it in moderation.
>>
File: 1427300203305.jpg (34 KB, 413x395) Image search: [Google]
1427300203305.jpg
34 KB, 413x395
>>81085629
>Marijuana smokers have never once in the long history of man developed Lung cancer.

LoL wut?

Lay off the dope, weedman
>>
>>81084099
Wouldn't be surprised if this is how the Chinese businessmen are able to defend their pollution.
>>
>>81085880
I saved up for $3000 of gaming pc parts, by reducing smoking down to 2-3 a day, with nicotine patches. (on neetbux)
>>
>>81084099
>tobacco making another thread
Just fuck off.
>>
>>81084266
I think like 20%, but 90% get emphysema.
>>
>>81084427
That's what masturbation does you idiot. Plus you grow hair on your knuckles.
>>
>>81084099
Complete waste of money and hygiene.
>>
>>81085542
He watched Darker Than Black and believed it.
>>
>>81084266
Actually more smokers die from heart attacks (or heart issues in general) than die from lung cancer.
>>
>>81085650
>$7 a pack

$12 minimum here.
>>
>>81085629
>Marijuana smokers have never once in the long history of man developed Lung cancer. I wonder why that is...?

[Citation Needed]
>>
i used to smoke hookah 2x a week and i felt like my allergies and lungs were in constant hell

quit and within a month felt like i was given a second chance at life
>>
>>81085629
Smoking tobacco or marijuana isn't that bad for you. The whole lung cancer/disease connection was an example of correlation not implying causation.
>>
>>81084852
>financially motivated
How? If the number of smokers comes down, the government loses a lot in taxes. Who benefits?
>>
>>81086071
Citation needed
>>
>>81085876
>body has a blood pH range within 7.35 and 7.45
>stomach literally made of acid
>DON'T EVEN LOOK AT A LEMON YOU WILL DIE BECAUSE OF PH

Makes u think...
>>
>>81086200
This. Every smoker I've ever been around always had that smoky smell on them, even the lighter ones. The heavier smokers always had worse teeth and bad breath too.
>>
""""redpilled"""" smoker logic:

>"Mmm yeah I just love breathing in all of these mysterious chemicals none of which I truly understand the effects of"
>FLUORIDE? IN MY WATER? NOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!
>>
>>81086226
>Smoking...isn't that bad for you
How did you come to the conclusion that breathing any smoke isn't bad for you?
>>
>cigarettes cause cancer
>not the fact that 90% of shit people eat and drink comes in plastic
>>
>>81086217
I've been dmoking hookah 2x a day for a year and i didn't feel any different than when i wasn't smoking anything at all. Now I'm back to not smoking and again i don't feel any different
>>
>>81086312
The anti-smoking lobby and people who want to lame thugs on smoking without seeing the real issues.

Also, people who want to sue tobacco companies. The lawyer lobby is pretty huge.
>>
File: Untitled.png (22 KB, 1255x137) Image search: [Google]
Untitled.png
22 KB, 1255x137
>>81086347
I'm off, but could be half.
>>
>>81086422
Many of those chemicals are found in everyday air and home products. That's just high school cartoon posters in the hallway.
>>
>>81084099
All I'd like to say is that they lie about your chances of getting lung cancer when you stop smoking.

My grandfather stopped smoking when my sister and I were born. He died last year from lung cancer. He had quit smoking for over 19 years, and still managed to get lung cancer out of the blue, and died within 3 months.

Don't believe their lies.
>>
>>81086625
Oh? But were they found in the air of pre-smoking civilizations?
>>
>>81086549
>The anti-smoking lobby and people who want to lame thugs on smoking without seeing the real issues.
How do they benefit?
Goddamn, you're a stupid shill.
>>
Tobacco is a pathetic new world indian habit.

And now that I think about it, there is nothing more pathetic than a European hundreds of years later claiming its traditional. How ultimately sad.
>>
>>81084555
seriously I never thought someone from Japan would be against smoking. I thought people loved that shit more than The UK.
>>
File: FrenchHBomb1968Vaughn.jpg (28 KB, 800x612) Image search: [Google]
FrenchHBomb1968Vaughn.jpg
28 KB, 800x612
>>81084099
Nuclear testing 1054 nuclear bombs blown up in the US 219 of those were atmospheric and somehow I should be worried about smoking. We are all ready fucked with all the radioactive particles blowin around.
>>
see guys threads like that make /pol/ look the dumbest of all the internet
>>
>>81085629
thats not true at all, a lot of pot smokers also smoke other things, smoking anything isnt good for your lungs or heart, but pot is significantly less harmful.

I don't think anyone has ever been diagnosed with cancer as a direct result of smoking pot, which is what you were trying to say.
>>
>>81084099

>Pence gets the nod and immediately the /x/tards come out of the woodwork to conspiracy away his dumbass views

When will /pol/ learn that they're enabling the worst board on 4chan?
>>
>>81085650
$7 a packet???????? Holy crap that's cheap! It was probably that price here way back in the 90s maybe even 80s.. Im a slave to the tobacco and don't give a shit. Non smokers and smokers in my family die of/ get cancer, heart attacks and stroke or dementia. It's genetic. Obviously not helping myself but I'm not bothered. I resepect non smoker's so never smoke around them and hate ciggi butts on the ground so dispose of mine how you should.
>>
>>81086719
are you dumb?

http://canadafreepress.com/2006/klaus061206.htm
>>
>>81084288
My entire family works in medicine and the very first thing I was ever taught, before how sex worked or why the sky was blue or why my brotyher is such an asshole, was not to smoke. I was told I could do anything else, as long as I didn't smoke. When I got old enough to ask why, they didn't just tell me, they dragged me into a hospital and showed me.
It destroys every part of your body, not just your lungs. Stop smoking as fast as possible.
>>
>>81086200
as a smoker of 8 years i completely agree with this, its just a waste of money and makes you short of breath when you shouldnt be. Overall wouldn't recommend starting, but also wouldnt worry about doing it.
>>
>>81086587
>wikipedia
>>
>>81086412
Smoker here. This is true 100%.
The tar in the smoke sticks to the face and hands. I always wash my face and hands before going into meetings or enclosed areas where I'll be working with colleagues for this reason.
Honestly, it's obviously bad for you, but I'd wager that some people are simply more prone to the development of cancers than are others. My gpa had lung cancer from cigarettes though so I know I'm fucked, but I have inheritable alzheimers to deal with along with a plethora of other diseases too so I don't particularly care.
>>
>>81084099
Lie or not it saved me from a $8/pack addiction.
>>
>>81086748
>any person posting with a particular flag is automatically representative of their entire country
You've been here (or /int/) too long m8. That or autism.
>>
>>81084099
OP is correct, for once. Smoking is bad for you, but only in that it SLIGHTLY increases your risk for heart disease and lung cancer. Most life-long smokers will never suffer a smoking-related illness.
>>
>>81084879
Maybe now, I smoke as well and it's been like 6 years and I'm beginning to feel the degrade in my cardio. Been trying to quit unsuccessfully, been a few weeks on and off latley. rambled a bit, but the point is that it will catch up to you
>>
I am a smoker and under no delusions that it's not bad for me, but have some of this.

the only family member I have that smokes is my 90 year old grandfather who has smoked a pack a day for 75 years.

the only person I have known that has died of lung cancer was a teacher I had in school, who was a 45 year old non smoker when he died.
>>
>>81086996
That isn't true though.

This entire thread dispels it.

Ignore the red text at the top.

http://www.longecity.org/forum/topic/38868-smoking-is-good-for-you/
>>
>>81087055
I worked as a nursing assistant. Three of my aunts that smoked. One died of lung cancer and two from COPD. I worked with a guy that smoked a lot. I can hear his lungs screaming at me when he breaths. I assume he is going to drown to death without being in water.
>>
>>81087201
Half of Japanese dudes smoke. It's still pretty socially acceptable over there. Was just surprised is all.
>>
>tfw premium cigar smoker
>constantly get lumped in with the addicted cigarette tweaker crowd
>oh you smoke anon you need to give it up you will get so much cancer and your breath smells bad and you won't be able to stop soon and and and
Bitch I smoke two a week during the summer because it's a relaxing thing to do. Relaxing with a cigar on the porch with a cold beer is perfect.
>>
>>81087055
>ignores the multiple citations provided by the article
>>
>>81086748
Because your bosses at Tobacco Co.: shilling division told you japs love smoking? Dumbass
>>
>>81087435
Do you think it better to learn Russian or Japanese?
>>
>2016
>not smoking so you can live as a skeleton not remembering your name
>not wanting to leave this planet before Muhammad makes you bend the knee
>thinking your not going to get cancer anyway
>>
>>81084099
>falling for the nicotine jew
>>
File: NA_AN_SmokingLabels[1].png (1 MB, 975x774) Image search: [Google]
NA_AN_SmokingLabels[1].png
1 MB, 975x774
>>81084099
Lmao do they print these labels on cigarette boxes just for the fuck of it ?
>>
>>81087374
You cited family members as an example of "smoking related" disease. COPD is actually genetic.

http://www.nhlbi.nih.gov/health/educational/copd/am-i-at-risk/
>>
>>81084099

The number of lung cancer sufferers who smoke is irrelevant.

It's the number of smokers with lung cancer that you need to look at.

You know, if this wasn't a drive by trolling of course.
>>
>>81085997
>My grandma has smoked since she was like 15 and shes now 18
underageb&
>>
>>81087488
>government studies and mainstream pop science that distort information

Even ex tobacco control activists admit that stuff's usually bullshit

http://tobaccoanalysis.blogspot.com/?m=1
>>
>>81087607
>http://www.nhlbi.nih.gov/health/educational/copd/am-i-at-risk/

>Smoking is the most common cause of COPD-it accounts for as many as nine out of ten COPD-related deaths.

Did you read?
>>
>>81087564
According to OP smoking has no negative health effects. All negative effects of smoking are made uo by the evil anti-smoking lobby.
>>
File: 1448000125021.gif (1 MB, 413x192) Image search: [Google]
1448000125021.gif
1 MB, 413x192
>>81084555
>they get affected by second hand smoking, which is more harmful than smoking a cigarette.

Can we just nuke Japan again, please
>>
>>81087525
Russian desu could come in handy
>>
>>81084099
1/5th of all lung cancer can be attributed to one source of shit and the latter 80% is all sorts of different shit? thats pretty significant
>>
>>81086704
There was always the smoke anon. People cooked by fire in enclosed spaces. They heated their homes with fire. They lit their rooms with candles. The smoke has always been with us.
>>
medical student here

I distinctly remember one lecture we had with a top tier pulmonologist, a professor of european renown.

He basically said the media are overblowing smoking way out of proportion to the point where its retarded.

Yes smoking will kill you if you smoke 30 years, a pack each day because this greatly ups the risk of cancer. You need SUSTAINED smoking to do damage overtime. Some smokers will never get sick and live to be 90 regardless.

A pregnant woman could probably smoke a pack and the baby would still be okay, the key word is sustained here. People are fucking retarded.

You are too if you think smoking is neutral btw.
>>
>>81086112
I have hair on my knuckles.
>>
lol, this thread is some pretty good bait imo. makes me glad i quit smoking over a year ago.
>>
>>81088240
And now you know why.
>>
>>81084099

Who cares about your percentages?

We actually know that tobacco is the most lethal legal drug on Earth FOR A FACT. We actually know how many human beings die because of it every year.
>>
>>81084099
Let's say youre right OP.
(youre not, youre gay as fuck, but)
Then WHY? Why the massive campaign to demonize smoking?
>>
>>81088454
because money

taxes makes the state tons of money
>>
>>81084099
Around here, from my side of the family you always see old guys smoking 5 or 6 Newport's a day. These guys still work too, I always have my curiosity about the truth of that shit too.
>>
File: 1391356024535.jpg (285 KB, 944x712) Image search: [Google]
1391356024535.jpg
285 KB, 944x712
>>81088183
>A pregnant woman could probably smoke a pack and the baby would still be okay

>medical student here
>flag
>>
>>81088454
This is what these shills can never answer.
>>81088522
But encouraging it would mean more would do it. And there'd be more money in more people doing it.
>>
>>81088183
Stimulants are not great for developing fetuses.
>>
>>81088522
What taxes does the state get by getting people to not smoke?
>>
>Smoking faggot is so fucking assblasted that people point out that he's L I T E R A L L Y killing himself with cigarettes that he tries pretending there are no negative effects
Literally every smoker I know, including my father, says that smoking is not worth it, and to never start because it's so hard to stop. It's a well known fact that smoking has negative effects
>>
>>81085610
I'm a smoker and I can bet anything that cigarrettes today have way more toxic components than the ones in the 40's or 50's. I have no bad cough but I am a diver and I definitely lost lung capability. I know many people who are 70 and still smoke like 20 a day and theya re perfect!
>>
>>81084099
>what was once common pastime
i mean, childfucking too
>>
File: gordonramsay.jpg (81 KB, 468x498) Image search: [Google]
gordonramsay.jpg
81 KB, 468x498
THE ONES ON THE TOP ARE FUCKING RAW!
>>
>>81088764
Considering where tobacco is grown, it's at least possible the goal was to weaken the South further.
>>
>>81084099
That still makes you and everything near you stink like an ashtray and piss away cash on bullshit.

Kill yourself on your own time, but go fuck yourself if you think smoking in public isn't irritating to asthmatics or people with class.
>>
>>81089114
But sex with children, in a proper relationship, actually is good and healthy.
>>
File: 1459890088252.jpg (80 KB, 421x636) Image search: [Google]
1459890088252.jpg
80 KB, 421x636
>>81084099
Is there anything /pol/ won't deny?
>>
>>81084099

>Smoking, a main cause of small cell and non-small cell lung cancer, contributes to 80 percent and 90 percent of lung cancer deaths in women and men, respectively.

Yeah...
>>
>>81087493
No, all of the famous Japanese guys whose careers I follow smoke. But I guess that's true for all people I admire from varying nationalities.

>>81088166
Exactly.

>>81088183
Wow. A pulminologist? Amazing. He must be a tobacco lobby shill. Who cares about what his facts are, he supports the tobacco industry!

>>81088723
>>81088921
That's a myth.

https://www.sott.net/article/268159-The-myth-of-smoking-during-pregnancy-being-harmful

Also it was recently revealed that tons of women smoke while pregnant but lie about not doing it to not be criticized for it.
>>
I always come to /pol/ thinking I'm going to see something racist, stupid, or normal. I was surprised to run into two normal threads in a row....

Then stupid happened here....
>>
>>81089907
>Government numbers

So you guys follow government funded studies on guns too?
>>
>>81087929
>desu
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=60mLvBWOMb4

Thanks. Also if you ever get a chance do google street view of seoul south korea. There are cute girls everywhere!
>>
>>81084879
Neither smokes nor burgers are good for your cardio. I'm sure you already knew that though and you're just trying to be provocative because you're in Australia.
>>
This is all bullshit, if smoking really caused no issues, they would be making bank and promoting it like alcohol. Why cut in to their own dividends?
>>
>80% of people diagnosed with lung cancer are non smokers
Yeah, no shit, 91% of people don't smoke
>>
Family member of mine got bladder cancer from smoking. He had to get his bladder and prostate removed and some of his intestine made into an artificial bladder. He may never cum again and pisses his pants.
If he drinks alcohol he loses what semblance of "bladder" control he has and will piss uncontrollably.
>>
>But guuuuuys what's the motive to demonizing smoking?

Feeding the massive monster that is the pharmaceutical industry.

Duh.

http://canadafreepress.com/2006/klaus061206.htm
>>
>>81084099
>leading cause of preventable death in the world
>not a considerable health risk

I bet you believe in HAES too
>>
I've seen several hundreds CT scans of lungs of heavy smokers. It most definitively is unhealthy as fuck.
>>
>>81090279
THE JEWS DUH
>>
File: makeitstop.png (242 KB, 446x422) Image search: [Google]
makeitstop.png
242 KB, 446x422
>>81090194
>mfw I'm going to keep this on all night nigga
>>
>>81089915
>all of the famous Japanese guys whose careers I follow smoke
Haha, so that means all japs must like smoking? Holy shit, you are seriously retarded.
>>81090409
You don't know that was caused by smoking. Smoking doesn't cause health problems.
>>
very sage
>>
>>81085629
How did Bob Marely die?
>>
>>81085933
lol'd

guess Im a Marlboner
>>
>>81090688
I agree. I encourage you to smoke a pack a day. More, if you can.
>>
>>81084099
Go lie somewhere else, shill.

sage in your shitty thread
>>
>>81090688
They don't think it's a serious health risk over there is what I'm saying sue to their attitudes on smoking. The anti-smoking movement over there is a small usually unheard minority. Quit being obtuse.
>>
File: Johnh snow.jpg (137 KB, 1280x800) Image search: [Google]
Johnh snow.jpg
137 KB, 1280x800
>>81084099
I know too many people who have died from cancer directly caused by smoking personally to believe smoking does not cause cancer. It has other harmful side effects as well and makes you prone to all sorts of diseases - also stinks.

but even if you choose to not believe all the scientific research that has proven smoking to put you at a much higher risk for cancer, it's fucking expensive and incredibly addictive for most people; to the point where a lot of people smoke because they can't quit due to addiction. Smoking is not bad just because of tobacco, there are shit tons of other chemicals that fuck you up too.

I work in a hospital and just saw a guy in his 30's come in get a Tracheostomy, which without a doubt was directly related to how much he smoked (guy smoked about a pack a day) The dude now has to breath through a hole in his neck, and come into the hospital every time it gets clogged.

Smoking makes no sense from a financial standpoint and puts you at increased risk for death and all other kinds of shit - it's not a government coverup.

You can keep telling yourself that though if it makes you feel better.
>>
>>81084099
OP is a faggot
Lung cancer doesn't cause Tar to appear in your lungs so OP's pic makes no sense.
>>
Smoking and alcohol really fuck up your bosy if done constantly. In mother side of the family non-smoking 95 year old Great grandma is far better shape in memory and body than my smoking 70 year old grandma who is basically a potatoe by body and mind. I would say by that smoking fucks your genetic advantage of longetivity
>>
File: Smokeme.jpg (85 KB, 850x400) Image search: [Google]
Smokeme.jpg
85 KB, 850x400
>>81090824
>Diagnosed with a type of malignant melanoma
Skin cancer apparently.
I wish I could continue smoking but it's serious financial punishment, the taxes I suspect help pay the salaries of obese hamplanets at the health department. Fuck this gay earth I think most of the time now. I got all the latest vaping gear, until they come for that...
>>
>>81091079
>They don't think it's a serious health risk over there
But that's wrong, you retard.
>>
>>81089915
>That's a myth.
>presents nonscientific blog post

yeah thanks but i know how studies done on cigarettes/smoking and how data is used in statistics
>>
It takes 20 years to return to never-smoked levels of health after quitting btw
>>
>>81091083
What cancers? What age? How often did they smoke, and what's their family history?

Correlation doesn't imply causation. Eating ice cream every day and getting an aneurysm doesn't mean ice cream caused the aneurysm. Simple logic.

Besides, the real issue is secondhand smoke, which isn't real. It was invented to push it outdoors.
>>
File: image.jpg (45 KB, 476x357) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
45 KB, 476x357
>Tfw quit smoking two years ago an haven't looked back
>>
>muh platitudes

Not my concern if somebody wants to smoke, but I would advise people to ditch the additives in most brands cigarettes and roll their own. Unhealthy but who cares? If its a toll on a government health care system where the government pays, I can see how it would be an issue but in USA they can just pay higher insurance premiums, just like the boi racer car premiums on car insurance
>>
>>81091349
That's a bit of an abuse of statistics considering most of the people who endured serious health problems because of smoking will have died in those 20 years.
>>
File: image.jpg (78 KB, 624x468) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
78 KB, 624x468
>>81084099
t. Malboro Shill
>>
what the fuck is going on in this thread
>>
>>81091206
Not really. They ban it to avoid kids running into cigarettes being held at waist level IIRC, it has nothing to do with them thinking it's bad for people. Their ""smoking related""" deaths are also far lower than those in other countries.
>>
>>81091886
Murrifat wants us to inhale his cancer.
>>
>>81084099
Adjust it for population of people that smoke a considerable amount.

Also consider the fact that the lings of a non smoker with lung cancer and those of a smoker with lung cancer would in fact look different on account of the tar buildup which is assured through regular smoking
>>
>>81091223
The source doesn't matter. The information does. Pointing out corruption is now something you guys don't care about?
>>
File: image.jpg (72 KB, 360x424) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
72 KB, 360x424
Ayyyyy
>>
>>81084555
>second hand smoking, which is more harmful than smoking a cigarette.

You have to be literally fucking retarded to believe that. The smoker breathes in the same second hand smoke as the non-smoker is next to them, as well as the smoke out of the fucking cigarette. I expect better of you, japan.
>>
>this thread
>>
File: image.jpg (59 KB, 408x580) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
59 KB, 408x580
Ayyyyy
>>
>>81091886
Anti-smoking sabotage because they have no argument. Anti-smoking is like being an SJW.
>>
>>81092205
Why
>>
>americans
>>
>>81091886

Some weirdo wants a (you) but isn't getting any
>>
>>81092097
Secondhand smoke is completely harmless since it's fully oxidated once it's in the open air you mongrel.
>>
>>81092274
really makes me think
>>
>>81092310
I filtered him 10 minutes ago senpai lmao
l24chan
>>
>>81091933
>They ban it to avoid kids running into cigarettes being held at waist level
Why would they if they don't think it's bad for them?
>>
>>81092228

Well you know you'll never convince them otherwise, why bother making a case? Just smoke and stop trying to validate it
>>
File: middle-finger-131.jpg (29 KB, 745x390) Image search: [Google]
middle-finger-131.jpg
29 KB, 745x390
>>81084099
My grandmother's legs are literally rotting off thanks to the 30+ years she smoked and the damage it did to her circulatory system.

Fuck you in your rotten lying asshole, you shitstain.
>>
>>81087709
oh kek, I MEANT 80! What the fuck have I been writing.
>>
>>81092398
Cigarette burns hurt?

Japan just doesn't see it as the health risk other countries see it as. Their government doesn't say it causes problems like the U.S. government and their corrupt surgeon generals do.
>>
the fuck is going on in this thread?
>>
What the fuck is this cancer in the replies
>>
File: 1468568063699.png (77 KB, 663x261) Image search: [Google]
1468568063699.png
77 KB, 663x261
>>81084099
Fuck off my grandpa was about to die some years ago due to smoking
>>
>>81092468
I don't even smoke, I'm just tired of misinformation. It's like believing in global warming or vaccines causing autism.
>>
>>81092342
So, a child who has to live parents who smoke won't have health problems related to it? Do you really think that?
>>
>>81084099
https://youtu.be/D2fYguIX17Q?t=3m26s
>>
>>81092606
How do you know it was smoking? Old people get plenty of diseases once they hit a certain age.
>>
Please reply to me as well, mystery reply faggot.
>>
File: koffing.png (220 KB, 800x727) Image search: [Google]
koffing.png
220 KB, 800x727
Everybody who reads this post will die eventually. The only way you can avoid this is by typing

THANK YOU MR KOFFING

Just kidding. You're all going to die.
>>
>>81089434
there was no science and researches in the past, nothing in the past was scientifically correct
>>
>>81092586
(((They))) are shutting it down.
>>
>>81092612
And here is where the smoking shill claims he doesn't smoke and just wants to "cut through the bullshit". How many lies can one shill tell?
>>
Could someone ban the autist?
>>
Hey reply fag, give me more (You)'s, I live off of them.
>>
>>81092613
I do. There was a he must earlier in the month in a smoking thread who grew up with smoking parents, and he wasn't harmed at all.

The diseases they say kids get from smoking parents are caused by vitamin deficiencies and psychological reactions.
>>
File: hd-bogdanov_0001.jpg (78 KB, 734x587) Image search: [Google]
hd-bogdanov_0001.jpg
78 KB, 734x587
>>81084099

Smoking is not natural, think of all the chemicals you are inhaling.
>>
>>81092946
With pleasure.
>>
You are doing this for screencaps
>>
me me
>>
Bear witness: What is happening in this thread is what americans consider physical exercise
>>
I came for the (You)s
>>
>>81092798
>cost too much money nowadays
>banned everywhere so can't do it regularly

How could one even get away with it?
>>
permaban him pls
>>
>>81084099
>Smoking isn't bad for you

t. Doctors in the 1940's. Low level shitpost.
>>
>>81084099
Smoking is bad, but not worse than food additives, corn syrup and preservatives.
>>
>>81093076
Or you are tiring to save the board from sliding?

i dont even know anymore, mods should doo some thing tho

Doing gods work?
>>
>>81092612

Dude, trying to fight misinformation with facts is a total waste of time

None of the people you ever disagree on anything will ever have their minds changed by your logic. Logic is useless for changing people's minds. Only absolute power and emotional manipulation work.
>>
>>81091083
actual tobacco is literally harmless

I really don't know why, but a massive effort has been taken to prevent people from consuming tobacco. Complete lies made up to scare people away from smoking. Cigarette corporations literally make an extra effort to make tobacco harmful by adding all sorts of random fucked up shit.
>>
>>81093223
He has done well,

thank you volunteer mod
>>
>>81093184
Doctors from the 40s said it was bad for you too. Don't pull an appeal to time fallacy.

http://members.iinet.net.au/~ray/TSSOASb.html
>>
>>81084099
>>
GIVE ME MORE (YOU)'S DO NOT BAN THIS MAN HE IS THE LEGEND /POL/ HAS SPOKEN OF, THE HUSHED WHISPERS BECOME REALITY, JUST AS THESE DUBS COMMAND
>>
>>81093408

He's dead anon
>>
>>81093360
>actual tobacco is literally harmless
If you're so confident about this, you should ordinate every Canadian Athletes to inhale a ton of Tobacco every day.

No harm can happen to them anyway, right?
>>
>>81093102

why shouldn't it be banned. If you want to smoke keep it to yourself. It may not be more dangerous than eating processed meats, but people don't get it forced on them from assholes walking around.
>>
>>81084555
Nice proxy
>>
>>81093567
Go ahead. They'll be fine.

http://www.thesportster.com/entertainment/top-15-athletes-that-smoke/
>>
>>81093584
but i force my meat into your mom every weekend
>>
>>81093369
So, how far back does the conspiracy go?
>>81093011
>The diseases they say kids get from smoking parents are caused by vitamin deficiencies and psychological reactions.
Haha, what?
>>
>>81084099
If there was even an ounce of truth to any of that bullshit the tobacco companies would be spending billions of dollars in order to produce research backing it up and making sure everyone on the planet knows about it.
>>
Smoking is the main avoidable risk factor for lung cancer, linked to an estimated 86% of lung cancer cases in the UK.
Read more at http://www.cancerresearchuk.org/health-professional/cancer-statistics/statistics-by-cancer-type/lung-cancer#VIH9ltepCY0OU338.99
>>
>>81093584
It's merely a bad smell. That's all it is.

If you ban it then it sets a starting point for control and overreach by building owners and governments who do not recognize people's rights to not be restricted to do things based on misinformation.
>>
>>81084099
Literally no reason to tell smokers to stop smoking dumbass unless it really is bad for you
>>
Thanks mods
>>
>>81093750
At least as far back as King James or the nazis.

First anti-smoking scientist post-nazi Germany took industry money from a bunch of other polluting industries.
>>
had 1 ciggy and didnt even feel anything. how are people addicted again?
>>
>>81093026
this. it's just not what we're designed to do.
>>
How come anti-smokers are always leftist nu-males and SJWs?
>>
>>81093752
The research has been drummed out of serous discussion for various reasons through various methods.

One method is dismissing any studies that take tobacco money regardless of quality.
>>
File: 1466931646265.png (1 MB, 690x460) Image search: [Google]
1466931646265.png
1 MB, 690x460
>>81084099
>implying the disgusting smell that hangs around smokers on their clothes, yellowed teeth and breath and nasty ass throat aids coughing and hacking isnt enough for me to know it's degenerate
>>
OP is a paid shill, operating on behalf of cigarette companies. OP may be a bot.
>>
>>81093692
She likes your shrimp.
>>
>>81093809

it's not just a bad smell, it is a persistent irritation and asthma hazard for some people.

if it was one puff then fine. but sitting next to someone smoking for hours at a theater or restaurant is unbearable.
>>
>>81093984
Because they're raised on what the government tells them. Not a SINGLE anti-smoker read a link posted ITT.
>>
>>81084099
Mfw having my coffee and morning smoke. Feels good being an alpha smoker
>>
>>81087607
COPD is genetic when there's a1 ant trypsin deficiency, rest of the cases are caused by the contents of cigarette smoke.
>>
>>81093809
>It's merely a bad smell
No, it isn't.
>>81093984
Yeah, all smokers are cool kids like you. Man, you've convinced me to take up smoking so I can be a cool kid too.
>>81094093
> a link posted ITT.
They're all either crap or don't actually support your position.
>>
>carcinogens in your lungs has no negative side effects
Retard.
>>
>>81094067
>Asthma hazard

No.

https://daveatherton.wordpress.com/2011/07/25/smoking-asthma-and-atopy/
http://www.thecommentator.com/article/2596/want_to_cure_your_asthma_start_smoking
>>
>>81094194
>They're all crap

Cool, so you didn't read and dissect them like you should have if you were actually smart.

Good to know. With one exception every link 100% supports my point.
>>
>>81094194
I don't even smoke, it's just something I've noticed.
>>
what the fuck is this? spam? are we getting raided?
>>
>>81094384
ITs true thats why the anti smoker nu-male cuck got so mad at you
>>
>>81094397
Anti-smoking spammer going full tard and shitting up the thread with (you)s.
>>
>>81094236

Your articles are bullshit, the study found a correlation with mothers that smoked and kids that didn't have astma.

Well no shit if a kid had asthma the mom is going to stop smoking so she doesn't kill him.
>>
>>81094706
That's not what the links say. Do I have to fucking green text the results or will you fuxking read?

The studies showed that nicotine suppressed inflammation in asthma patients, that asthma was more psychological regarding cigarette smoking, and that kids with smoking parents had a smaller chance of asthma.

God fucking damn.
>>
Although we smoke a lot, we have the longest life span in the world.
You know why?

We don't know.
>>
>>81084555
Second hand smoke is literally a meme.
>>
>>81095057

please do, greentext it from the actual study not your crap secondary articles.
>>
>>81085629
>Marijuana smokers have never once in the long history of man developed Lung cancer. I wonder why that is...?

I smoke Marijuana quite regularly and smoke about 20 cigs a day. Marijuana has been proven to literally reduce the growth of cancerous cells, but it's far from a cure.
>>
File: retard alert.gif (393 KB, 493x342) Image search: [Google]
retard alert.gif
393 KB, 493x342
>>81084099
>>
>>81094501
No, he means your dumbass pro-smoking thread is the spam. Because it's so retarded and you make it all the time.
>>81095208
Again, so you think children who have to live with parents who smoke don't develop problems from it?
>>
>>81095207
I suspect the next big data collection Japan will not fair so well. I keep hearing about them dropping dead from heart failure and the rise of heart disease. Shit, I've watched 2 documentaries on Netflix made in Japan about the Japanese shit and during the filming of both one of the Japanese dudes died of heart attacks. The saki cooker guy was in his 40s.
>>
File: maxresdefault.jpg (27 KB, 400x490) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
27 KB, 400x490
>>81094020
Non of these are true. Smoking is for true alphas
>>
>>81084099
OP confirmed for moron
>>
>>81095207
Because it's not bad for you.

>>81095208
A scam designed to ban smoking indoors.

>>81095295
Fine.

>"Yes, it’s rotten science, but it’s in a worthy cause. It will help us to get rid of cigarettes and become a smoke-free society” said one WHO official

>In 1955 smoking rates were over 60 percent of the adult population with few restrictions where and when you could smoke. Most children would be exposed daily if not hourly to SHS. Adult smoking rates in 2004 were 28 percent of the population, yet asthma increased “2 to 3-fold”? The authors of the report are guilty of many things: Data torture, publication bias, misrepresentation, and failing to look for confounders. This has been typical of the last forty years, ever since the late socialist, anti-smoker and former UK Chief Medical Officer Sir George Godber said in 1975 that he wanted to "Foster an atmosphere where it was perceived that active smokers would injure those around them, especially their family and infants or young children who would be exposed involuntarily to the smoke in the air.” Alvan Feinstein, a Yale epidemiologist who was sceptical of the harm of passive smoking and lung cancer, in a paper he wrote in 1993 in response to the SHS reportage, quotes a colleague at the World Health Organization (WHO) who said, “Yes, it’s rotten science, but it’s in a worthy cause. It will help us to get rid of cigarettes and become a smoke-free society”.
>>
>>81084099
t. Some Murrifat 20 year old trying to justify smoking cowboy killers
>>
>>81095465
I'm pretty sure the South Park guys defended smoking and mocked secondhand smoke if I recall correctly, but I didnt watch the show.

Anyway, nice meme image.
>>
>>81084099
Good for you m8, keep smoking. Even if it weren't detrimental to your health, it would still be a retarded hobby. Not to mention it smells and tastes like shit.
>>
>>81095534
Could be stress, lack of sleep and a change in diet.
>>
>>81084099
You're a spastic m8
>>
>>81084099
This is wrong. 80% of people diagnosed with lung cancer are smokers.

Google it.
>>
>>81095628

And you greentexted from the article not the study. You realize these bullshit sciance article can make up shit that wasn't even in the study. I never even bother to read them.

If you want science go to the source, pop science articles are a good way to completely misinform your self about what is actually going on in science.
Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 35

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.