[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Manual Driving will be illegal by 2025.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /pol/ - Politically Incorrect

Thread replies: 118
Thread images: 7
File: 20150206192236-elon-musk-2.jpg (219 KB, 822x462) Image search: [Google]
20150206192236-elon-musk-2.jpg
219 KB, 822x462
Thank you mudslimes and shitty liberals for helping Autonomous cars have an easier time. The threat of vehicular attacks will help government enforce driving bans.

Autonomous Driving is the future. Meatbags will not be allowed to drive. Human brains are too inferior to deep-learning black box machines.

IT WILL BE EASY TO BAN HUMAN DRIVING
>>
>no guns
>no cars
>no jobs
>no speech

We 1984 now.
>>
>>81081540
Good, now I can play Pokemon Go without worrying about crashing
>>
>>81081540
implying automated driving can't be hacked and would be harder to stop than a human driver.... smmfh fool
>>
>>81081540
I almost don't even care any more. We're just about done as a species
>>
File: 1420600384239.jpg (46 KB, 421x500) Image search: [Google]
1420600384239.jpg
46 KB, 421x500
>hackers will be able to send anyone they don't like flying off a bridge

The future doesn't sound awesome at all.
>>
>>81081540
I dunno OP, it could go the other way, atleast for a while. Being that Tesla withheld info pertaining to someone dying from a driverless vehicle, this could bankrupt him between this and his divorce.
>>
>>81081540
they wont be able to stop the mad ruskie tho
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FYq68fF1UHg
>>
>>81081540

>call a self-driving car with your app
>put a bomb in it
>send it to it's destination

wow it's like you're an idiot
>>
>>81081540
Manual, as in controlled by the driver, driving? or manual transmissions?

the first part I have a problem with and don't believe will happen in america. the second I don't see a reason for since automatics are so much better than manuals these days that only poor people still drive them, they will be phased out.
>>
>>81082887
*your
>>
>>81081540
It will take more than 10 years to get the transportation industry to transition to auto only.
>>
>>81081540
Please let this be reality. People pretend they're on some kind of race course with obstacles where I live. Pry the wheel from those grubby hands.

>>81083216
Lets compromise. I'll support outlawing manual transmissions if you'll support outlawing manual driving.
>>
>>81083300

>ure#
>>
>>81081540
If they want to take my driving license, they will have to pry it out my cold, dead hands. I hope God Emperor deals accordingly with these racketeers.
>>
>>81083216

Poor people? Clearly you haven't driven a real sports car lately. Poor people don't drive Porsches.
>>
>>81081540
I wouldn't mind that. I'd like to be able to hop in my car completely hammered and get home safe every time
>>
>>81081540
Yeah, probably. So will be manual thinking.

Libs are already finding the joy of having all their thinking being performed by the fully automated and self-sufficient kikeanisms of the future.
>>
>>81081540
lol are you fucking retarded? all the #niceattack did was make it so that automatic assault vehicles get banned in europe. dumb cucks will be lucky if they're allowed even manual vehicles at this rate.
>>
>>81082604
>Implying /g/entoomen who also browse /pol/ won't hack the cars of liberals
>>
>>81081540
Yep.

With automated driving also comes the loss of thousands of jobs, like couriers, truckers, restaurants will just be mobile now with built in pizza ovens and drive in circles waiting for orders to make on demand.

These are shitty jobs, but it's what students do to afford school. Now all these kind of entry level part-time incomes are going to dry up and disappear.

They will simply use accident victim stats to ban vehicles. People are too dangerous to allow to drive thus we must ban it except for certain elite who pay very high insurance fees to use a car and the police.
>>
>Manually attempting to drive a car will be a felony
>People on bikes still refuse to stop at stop signs
>>
>>81084320
>No longer risking any legal issues when your car roadkills one
>>
>>81081540
>Manual Driving will be illegal by 2025

Facts from your ass
>>
>>81081540
That's cute OP, but there isn't any evidence to suggest that.
>>
>>81083757
real sports cars dont come in manuals these days.

paddle shifters aren't manual transmissions.
>>
>>81085248
>real sports cars dont come in manuals these days.
What is the viper?
>>
File: Cultural Marxism.jpg (55 KB, 545x397) Image search: [Google]
Cultural Marxism.jpg
55 KB, 545x397
>>81084940
>no evidence
>>
>>81085317
this is its last year.
>>81083757
they don't make 911s with a clutch these days. theyre all dual clutch with no pedal.
>>
>>81083216
What about people who enjoy driving manual? Automatic may be faster and better but it lacks the satisfaction of perfectly heel-toeing on the touge
>>
>>81081540
Hey this would be a product of your FEMINIZED society not Muslim terrorism.

It is strange but you have more freedoms in a middle eastern country, freedom to do stupid and dangerous shit but freedom non the less. You are also allowed to be politically incorrect without losing your job as long as you don't citizens the ones in power or religion.
>>
>he fell for the self-driving car meme
You know it's basically like a slightly-more-sophisticated cruise control. The AI to reliably process all the visual information needed to drive in a non-pristine environment just doesn't exist and isn't going to any time soon. Trust me, they've been working on visual processing AI for a LOOOONG time.
>>
>>81085534
buy a 5+ year old car or start living in the current decade.

but since youre australian, go fuck yourself.
>>
>>81081540

LOL
>>
>>81085832
>American
K. I'll just enjoy my market of imports that you can't own for years still
>>
>>81085534
Not having to bother shifting gear for one. I love manuals because they are a ton of fun, but give me a choice between a manual and a auto and I'll pick the auto every time because 90% of my driving is stop and go traffic.

When I was 16 I got a 1998 BMW 540i 6 speed manual that I loved, between stop signs in the country I would get that thing to 120 MPH all the time between stop signs, I still have that car.

Now if most Americans drove manual I'd be more inclined to buy one, but as it stands if you take 1/90th of a second to get moving at a red light people get pissed.

For non-Americans if an American grew up in the country there is a near 100% chance they can drive a manual, if they grew up in the city it's more like 0%.
>>
>>81086099
obligatory pic related.
>>
>>81081540
it should be illegal already because it fucking sucks

or simply force sterilization on all manual drivers

maybe second option is better.
>>
How did Elon Musk get his first chunk of money to begin investing?
It's obvious he's mildly retarded and just pays people to be smart for him, but where did he get the money to start paying these people in the first place?
>>
>>81085574

Hell, the AI still isn't perfect (although arguably still better than humans even in the most ideal conditions. See recent Tesla crash.

People are definitely over-optimistic about self driving cars. I mean I think it's great that Musk and others are enthusiastic about and trying to improve the technology. But adoption of fully self driving cars isn't going to happen as fast as they think.
>>
>>81086851
he's the real world iron man except he doesn't have super powers and is actually pretty lame.
>>
>>81085734
but only recently have we had the processing power to do anything meaningful.
it's hard to work on processing when you don't have any feedback on whether or not what your'e doing is helping.
>>
>>81086524
They shitpost at each other irl about not driving a manly stick shift too.
Source: I talked to an Australian about the topic.
>>
>>81086524
You realise this is shopped right?
>>
>>81086922

Fuck me sideways. Meant to reply to >>81085734
>>
>>81087111
you realize New Zealand is more important than you are to americans, rigtht? it's where we get our lamb meat from. otherwise nobody cares about you guys down there until we find out a disproportionate number of shitposters here are from australia.

it must suck to live down there.
>>
>>81087017
Recently as in 20 years recently, which is pretty recent, all things told, but if you know anything about AI, you'd understand how solutions to complex problems is NEVER "throw more processing power into it." That only works for computer simulations (very different). If you don't have the algorithm, you don't have the algorithm. Doesn't matter how many flops you got.
>>
>>81086987
Reading up on him, it seems like he just got really lucky.
He and his brother started a company, and he wanted to be the CEO but no other executives would allow him to do so, so he was basically a nobody but still got $22 million when the company was sold. Then he tried told to fuck off and was removed form his position as CEO of PayPal but still got $165 million from the sale.
When he went to Russia to try and buy shit to start Space X, the Russians literally spat on him because they thought he was just a retard trying to fuck around with shit he didn't understand. Then he hired retired alphabet agency guys to run shit for him and made himself the CEO.

How can a man be so lucky? Is it balanced out by him being Brendan Fraser tier when it comes to marriage?
>>
>>81087997

I get why you'd think the way you do. But check out some testimonies from ex employees and peers that have been close to him. The reason he succeeds is a little luck but a MASSIVE drive and work ethic. Him and Jeff Bezos both are manic workaholics and had to be to get to where they are.
>>
File: Europe is Collapsing.jpg (136 KB, 922x649) Image search: [Google]
Europe is Collapsing.jpg
136 KB, 922x649
>>81081540
2025 is a bit soon tbqh
>>
>>81087997
he seems lucky, but there are so many people out there trying to become electricians or nurses because it's a good return on the educational investment, when really they should be doing what he did.

who really cares about his personal marriage/romantic life?
>>
>>81087794
that's not true. only recently have we had enough data and speed to attempt some of these problems. Google stumbled onto the solution of how to detect a cat in a picture by just having a learning algo (or whatever) look at billions of different pictures.
I'm sure someone thought of that before but how can you optimize this sort of algorithm if you have no way to test it?
>>
>>81081647

>no life

(((they))) don't need us at that point
>>
>>81088678
The funny thing about BNW and 1984 is the absolute control the government exerts over the populace, when given that level of control the government would surely purge most of us out of existence.
>>
>>81082090
Underrated
>>
>>81081540
99% of the Muricans already can't drive manual shift cause it's too hard, this should be a great improvement for you guys.
>>
>>81089125
>t. STICK SHIFT MASTERRACE!
>>
>>81081540
God I hope so.
>>
>>81088596
what if someone is so deformed that the car cant recognize them as a living object?
I once saw some midget/deformed guy on the street with a huge head and huge arms the size of his legs and a pitbull walking by started barking at him because it didn't know what he was. it made me sad, since the guy probably couldnt even kill himself.

what if the car has the same reaction?
>>
>>81089239
Well memed.
>>
>>81088918
The best part about both of those books is they never go into detail about population numbers and the scope of both contains about a villages worth of characters so it's entirely possible to assume that population controls are in effect, especially considering 1984's constant world wars and BNW non-viviparous human reproduction.
>>
>>81088596
So this is how the average technologically-ignorant person thinks. I bet you think a thousand monkeys working on a thousand typewriters will write Shakespeare, too.

No, Google did not "accidentally discover a way to detect cats in pictures", Google has been working for decades on efficient, scaleable image processing for a variety of purposes, but mostly so that its image search/comparison services are not so draining and someone playing around discovered that cats usually exist in a specific HSV range, so they applied the existing algorithm to it with maybe 70% accuracy. No one is going to "accidentally stumble upon" an algorithm that can detect the topology of a road by playing around with a bunch of data.

Your claim that we needed 12 billion operations per second and 10 TB hard drives instead of 100 million operations per second and 100 MB hard drives is completely unfounded in fact or common sense.
>>
>>81086851
He made a service called "Zip2" that was supposed to be the big revenue generator for newspapers

https://www.sitebuilderreport.com/origin-stories/elon-musk
>>
I for one cant wait for autonomous cars, there are literally no downsides.
>>
I'd be genuinely surprised if self-driving cars have even reached the point of being overpriced toys for rich people by 2025.
>>
>>81090290
>not enjoying driving off-road with your gf to fuck her in the middle of nowhere
>>
>>81089337
current stupid cars like Tesla just use lasers. they're not analyzing photographic data as far as I know. It just looks and sees "oh, that object is very small, a leaf, I'm not going to stop". or it sees "oh that object looks big, I'll wait until it passes".
>>81089902
the cat detection is operating on the same idea as a baby.
a baby just looks at the world as a series of images at 60 frames per second or whatever. the baby has seen a cat several million times so it recognizes that pattern.
i haven't cared enough to read into it but i know the basic idea.

how could you know how well this particularly well this algorithm would work or how fast without actually testing it? asymptotic analysis will only get you so far. at some point you need to run the million images through your algo and test it.
>>
>>81090473
>having a gf
>>
>>81090479
>photographic data
they are
have a look around for the nvidia talk on it
>>
>>81089902
http://ie.technion.ac.il/CC/Gimp/node51.html

looks like the typical engineering abstraction, a technicality, since any kind of analysis is better than none.

The learning itself is modelled after biological life (neural networks).
>>
>Manual Driving will be illegal by 2025

No.

Since you can't even forbid something way less essential like private gun ownership, you will not in a hundred years succeed in banning manual driving.
>>
>>81091627
gun ownership is banned in most countries or heavily restricted
>>
>>81092189
If there's a vested public interest in something, they will fight against a ban, that's what I mean.
>>
>>81092240
It's an interesting thought actually, since a whole lot more people own vehicles than own guns. So they'd be far more resistance. Eventually, it'd become less liked though as the next generation will be less likely to own manual vehicles, then even less the next, etc.
>>
>>81092189
>>81092240
>>81092805
Although in saying that, they could restrict it like Ausfag said, like no manual driving on a motorway.
>>
>>81092805
it doesn't matter what the people want
once people/gov see how safe autonomous cars are
they won't have a choice
>>
>>81092879

they will probably shame and burden the manual drivers, similarily as they have done already to reduce traffic deaths, but the "we all need to drive to get somewhere" will be less and less of a reason to excuse uncareful behavior.
>>
>>81090536
>being australian.
>>
>>81092240
The common man, who wishes to remain in a state of liberty, has a vested intrest in retaining his arms, kraut.
>>
>>81093059
>being a burger
>>
>>81093027
you won't be able to afford insurance for a standard car

what insurer would take the risk?
>>
File: 1468336054482.jpg (20 KB, 320x320) Image search: [Google]
1468336054482.jpg
20 KB, 320x320
>>81081540
>Manual Driving will be illegal by 2025.

the dumbest shit i've seen on /pol/ so far

transport authorities haven't even figured out how to recoup the losses of traffic violation revenue which will be caused by widespread autonomous vehicle use.

we can't expect to see them legalized in any widespread manner until the government discovers a new way of taking money off you to help fund mo' welfare.
>>
>>81093159

those that couldn't get into the auto-car market. it would be expensive though.
>>
>>81093291
any insurer could get into the market?
nothing is stopping them

people living in safer areas, people who drive less, already get reduced rates

owning a self driving car will be mandatory if you want insurance
>>
>>81082887
There will be no bombs in the future
>>
>>81093291
>>81093453
Insurance for a manual vehicle would be costly, and they'd probably have void clauses if you were in an auto but were driving it manually at the time of the incident.
>>
>>81093453
>any insurer could get into the market?
>nothing is stopping them

it's easier when you have a unique selling point. people that have the choice wouldn't opt for some 12 man insurance when they can go to the standard government-will-bail-out company.

>owning a self driving car will be mandatory if you want insurance
don't you need insurance to drive. Then this would just be a trick to ban the manual cars.
At least the legal minimum will probably still be supplied, unless the government is totalitarian.
>>
>>81093207

Reduced costs in congestion, accidents, road safety advertising, training authorities, etc could be an ample enough business case for it.

Not sure how people will react though. I imagine it will be optional at first but highly encouraged so that manual drivers feel like weirdos.
>>
>>81093705
>I imagine it will be optional at first but highly encouraged so that manual drivers feel like weirdos.

pretty much this. They will be the new gadsden flag holders, or people that are stuck in the past.
>>
>>81081540

It will be even easier to ban all forms of automatization on the premise that it turns people into faggots
>>
>>81093658
>auto but were driving it manually
those won't be around for very long
>>
>>81081647
I welcome our robotic overlords.
>>
>>81093974
True, they'll just be around for the transitioning phase.
>>
>>81085338
What's wrong with bestiality and necrophilia? It's not like women are far from animals and meat.
>>
>>81082887
>get a regular car
>have a bomb with you
>park it at its destination

Nigger it's the same thing.
>>
I would be surprised if automatous cars where even legal and wisespread by 2025. are they even available now, aside from some tesla >-car tha recently killed its driver?
>>
>>81093976
>>81094189
t. sentient robot
>>
>>81094284
google has a very advanced one
pretty much every car company is working on them
2018 they will be widespread
>>
>>81094284
What car which recently killed its driver?
>>
>>81094499
tesla
guy was watching a movie and the car drove into a truck
>>
As Orwellian as that would be, I would love for driving to be entirely automated. I fucking hate driving, it's so goddamned stressful, and where I live, 90% of the pickup trucks on the road, which make up probably 30% of the vehicles, are driven by clinical retards.
>>
>>81094499

tesla doesn't have the all seeing car yet. They basically have a navigation system with automatic cruise control plus.

The truck was swerving into the street, the car just kept going and was strifing the trailer, then hit a pole some distant away.
>>
>>81094499
i wanted to write meme-car, but my stupid slut gf made it so that meme gets autoreplaced by a memearrow on my phone.

>>81094341
Maybe widely available, but it will take decades until lder cars are phased out and auto cars are cheap enough for the every-man.
>>
>>81094672
>>81094846
>>81094875
http://money.cnn.com/2016/07/14/technology/tesla-autopilot-crash-pennsylvania/
>>
>>81094875
self driving uber cars will fill the position of the cheap cars for the poor masses

give it 10-15? years and you won't even be able to drive a old style car
>>
>>81095078
meant buy not drive
>>
autonomous cars are going to suck balls, driving a car or motorcycle is one of the last freedoms we have left.
>>
>don't like the idea of a self-driving car
>you still go along with it anyway because you're a mindless sheep piece of shit

this is the future you chose, cunts.
>>
>>81081540
About time we ban assault cars
>>
>>81082604
>a drunk can plow their car into you at any moment

the .001 of robot cars fucking up or being hacked is better than what we have now
>>
>>81095187
manual cars kill people.
#banallmanuals
>>
>>81081540

Can't afford it. Automating 1 billion vehicles with essentially a micro data center circa 2008 is unaffordable.

But thats not the big shit. The big shit is what is the price of gas going to be in 2025.
>>
>>81095162
I really dislike the idea

>giving over control of where you can and cant drive to some governmental body that will be constructed

surely nothing can go wrong with that
>>
>>81081540
>2025
maybe 2125
>>
>>81095568
Seems a bit far fetched.
>>
>>81095508
blame the population, the majority of humans are fucking retarded cunts.
>>
>>81081540
It's ok. Manual driving is overrated.
>>
>>81095251
Thread replies: 118
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.