[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Wow, really makes you think.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /pol/ - Politically Incorrect

Thread replies: 37
Thread images: 6
File: hegemonic ideology.png (97 KB, 512x535) Image search: [Google]
hegemonic ideology.png
97 KB, 512x535
Wow, really makes you think.
>>
Omg wowwowow she is sooooooo smartt hehe xd
>>
>>81069672
This could be the output of a markov chain and nobody would notice.
>>
>>81069672
I knew somebody like this when I was in highschool

He put every word of his essays through a thesaurus so the end result was retarded
Its possible he was autistic
>>
>>81069672
The educational practices of national imperialist ideologies transcends the elements of what society recognizes as learning?

What did she mean by this? No really, what the fuck did she mean by this?
>>
>>81070098
this reminds me of a random shitpost generator I wrote in python. You input somebodys post and it will output an almost readable shitpost.
>>
>>81069672
"The pedagogy of hegemonic ideology", literally means the ideological teaching of the dominance of leaders over common citizens. Does she think she lives in the Third Reich or something?
>>
>>81070357
I think shes saying her ideology is better than what society tries to teach us, hence the "policing" part
>>
brevity is the soul of wit
>>
>>81070254

having huge retarded words in essays gives you ez extra credit
>>
She's saying blah blah blah I live in a police state.
>>
>>81070357
I think she's saying being nationalist and imperialist is better than what is currently being called academic.

is she redpilled?
>>
>>81070541
Have you had the generator replying to itself?
>>
File: working class man.png (538 KB, 511x580) Image search: [Google]
working class man.png
538 KB, 511x580
>>81069672
WE WUZ DA PROLETARIAT AND SHIEET
WE WUZ ZIZEK AND SHIEET
>>
>>81070357
Teaching what she believes is right should be above what the accepted curriculum currently is
>>
>>81070357
>The educational practices of national imperialist ideologies transcends the elements of what society recognizes as learning?
INDOCTRINATION
BRAINWASHING
>>
she's literally just paraphrasing Gramsci you bunch of mongoloids
>>
File: 1374016905550.jpg (182 KB, 396x409) Image search: [Google]
1374016905550.jpg
182 KB, 396x409
>>81069672
stop saying that
>>
>>81071014
Really? In the IB you're marked down for needlessly being verbose and not getting to the fucking point. Using the right words in the right way to get your entire point through in as few words as possible shows much better mastery of the English language than using lots of big complicated words and ultimately saying very little.
>>
>>81070357
>>81071195
You misunderstand "hegemonic".

She's basically saying she's being oppressed by mainstream opinions.
Literally "I'm a special snowflake" bullshit
>>
File: 1448219200404.jpg (56 KB, 340x565) Image search: [Google]
1448219200404.jpg
56 KB, 340x565
>>81069672
>look at me I'm so smart because I have a thesaurus XD
>>
File: 1467838511530.jpg (138 KB, 1024x746) Image search: [Google]
1467838511530.jpg
138 KB, 1024x746
>>81070768
She had a feeling about education, then her plan was to add words which would force that notion into something she felt sounded like an intelligent, coherent thought. She thought this would get her attention, surely. Nothing more. She even looked at google to make sure bombastic would be a correct word to use in that context.

Prove me wrong.

Protip: you can't.
>>
>>81069672
That's a ridiculous way of saying "You've gotta serve somebody"

Pseudointellectual.
>>
>>81071663
the standards for hard sciences and soft sciences in academics are very different
>>
>>81069672
Babbys first Thesaurus
>>
>>81069672

>I can't act out every retarded whim that enters my mind without someone asking me what my fucking problem is therefore the world is literally Hitler.
>>
I really am annoyed by pseudo intellectuals who think by upgrading their vocab to a point where the listener or reader has to spend 500% more time parsing through the clunky wording and verbiage, that this somehow makes them a genius. A good writer or speaker doesn't needlessly structure their ideas in a way that prioritizes shoving as many 5 syllable, rarely used words as possible.

I understand some less intelligent people might be in awe of your ability to open a thesaurus, but people of any significant intellectual caliber who actually understand what you're saying will just be annoyed most of the time.
>>
>implying you can recognize the cultural hegemony you're subject to
>>
Why do these SJW types feel the need to use large obscure words? It makes them sound like pedantic morons while trying to sound intellectual.
>>
>>81071663
>In the IB you're marked down for needlessly being verbose and not getting to the fucking point.
In Libshit, USA you get marked down for not meeting length requirements, regardless of the quality of your writing.

I almost failed a class that way by turning in a final that was half the required length but covered all the points, and the teacher complimented its quality in the same breath that she said it was too short and I was getting a C
>>
did u knw that aqua man was gay like u 2?
>>
>>81072584
they do it to cover up their deep and extensive intellectual deficiencies
>>
>>81072584
Hollywood has taught people that big words = superior intelligence
basically shes just hoping for someone to say "mind repeating that in English?" so she can feel superior
>>
Let's translate this to not-academic.

"Instruction in oppressive ideology is universal. I am corrected by at least one person everyday."

It's a lot of thesaurus words for what is essentially "people don't believe in social justice like I do and tell me I'm wrong."
>>
>>81069672
>Spends 30 minutes using a thesaurus to sound smart on a facebook post
>A few posts later
"Language is cool I like all the words"
This is how this person naturally speaks.
>>
>>81072690
This af

I wish they would have set a cap on length instead of requiring more. Most people aren't going to become writers of any sort, so unless they have some sort of defect in communication they shouldn't be required to constantly pump out such a degree of volume in every subject. The repetition is pointless. Its like being succinct and not a bullshitter is actively discouraged here. They aren't even ironic about it.
>>
>>81073029
But the prevailing ideology is liberal social justice. This person is advocating against political correctness.
Thread replies: 37
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.