[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Gary Johnson is rising in two demographics, Independents and
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /pol/ - Politically Incorrect

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 3
Gary Johnson is rising in two demographics, Independents and Millenials. Is it possible we may have a Third candidate in the Presidential debates? Assuming he is in the debates, do you see issues such as the Patriot Act and the national debt taking the forefront of the issues? Will Trump and Hillary have to "evolve" on some of their present stances?
>>
File: kurtcobain.jpg (27 KB, 480x485) Image search: [Google]
kurtcobain.jpg
27 KB, 480x485
>>81038958
No.
>>
Probably not. No. No.
>>
Is that a smart watch? WTF!? I hate GJ now
>>
>>81040508
I never noticed that. He does have a smart watch.
>>
so 2 days ago he's at 2%, 1 day ago he's at 15%, and today he's at 23%? By tomorrow he'll be at 149%!
>>
>>81041069
I don't know about those polling numbers you mentioned. The numbers here are discussing support amongst millenials and independents. You are probably referencing the National Likely Voter polls, which are a mixture of demographics.
>>
#millennialsarecancer
>>
>>81038958
the basic game theory of first pass the post only allows a 2 party system.
>>
It would be perfect if Stein and him were in the debates. Stein appeals to bernouts and Johnson appeals to centrists who are turned off by Shillary's crimes but would never vote republican. So they each need 5% in polls to be onstage?
>>
>>81038958
Yea none of this should be surprising if you're a SEASONED political veteran like myself. Let me elaborate.

Naive millennials trying to be edgy will always flock towards some 3rd party candidate. This year a 3rd and 4th party vote % will probably double due to the strong disdain for Trump and Cuntin. Millennials generally vote liberal or don't vote at all (???all politics r bad derp derp???), so a strong 3rd party candidate will USUALLY benefit the Republican candidate.

But at the end of the day it doesn't matter how many votes Johnson or (((Stein))) get, the only thing that matters is Trump winning. Johnson or Stein aren't winning anything anytime soon, the only thing they are going for is a spot in the debates for the NEXT election.

Also note: Independents are, by nature, more apathetic towards politics than non-independents. They might say they support person X in a poll, but that doesn't mean they will actually show up to vote come voting day.
Lastly, as I have been saying ever since Trump became the presumptive nominee, expect HISTORICALLY low voting turnouts. This SHOULD benefit Trump.
>>
>>81043806
>those capitalized words
Hello MPC.

Don't really disagree with much though. Turnout might be lower among independents but it could also be balanced out by the increased turnout among disillusioned Republicans and white working class Democrats spurred on by Trump. I don't see why they would be historically low. We'll see.

You're absolutely right about millennials. They never mattered as much as you would think with all this talk of "the largest generation ever and the largest voting block." They're either too lazy to vote or too stupidly idealistic to fall in line behind Clinton because they're going through their anarchist phases or whatever.
>>
File: latest005.jpg (22 KB, 640x480) Image search: [Google]
latest005.jpg
22 KB, 640x480
JOHNSON... RISING!!!
Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.