[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Atheism is the death of Society
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /pol/ - Politically Incorrect

Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 43
File: download (13).jpg (407 KB, 1500x1093) Image search: [Google]
download (13).jpg
407 KB, 1500x1093
This is not an argument about the epistemology or the metaphysics of god's existence or lack thereof. This is an argument about the usefulness of religion. Religion provided many things to society when implemented correctly. The truth is that most people are sheep and weak willed. Myself and most here included. We need something to give us purpose and keep our actions in check.
Religion did this:
>gives people a reason to strive and contribute even when their lives are shitty (i.e. afterlife)
>prevents and punishes degeneracy
>creates strong in-group bonds that gives strangers reasons to care about the others well-being
>keeps female hypergamy in check. Maintains the family. Promotes marriage
>Has an ever-present big-brother(god) that prevents many people from committing immoral actions.

Many of you will counter that nationalism is a secular substitution, but it is not.
Even Hitler needed his neo-pagan religion to keep people in check.
Even the Jews would collapse as a force without their religion to keep them in check. This is why even "atheist" jews still identify as jewish and participate in jewish customs and rituals. It's a way of maintaining community and cohession
>>
>>80982655
Sure religion has helped instill the idea of community and groupthink.
But now we've got FREEDOM to independent thought and objective morals and ideas of justice and how to treat fellow humans so we don't need your religion bullcrap.
>>
>>80983575

18+ only in here
>>
>>80983575

*tips copy of Beyond Good and Evil*
>>
>>80983575
> objective morals
Do you know what objective is. Religious morals are by nature objective because they derive from god. Atheist morals are for the most part subjective. Unless you are a Kantian which most atheists are not.
>FREEDOM to independent thought
Get's all opinions from Hitchens,Dawkins, and (((Harris)))
>>
>>80984073

Kantian=autistic so yes in a way atheists are Kantian
>>
>>80984148
Why do you think Kantianism is autistic. Other than the fact that the categorical imperative is very spergy.
>>
Modern technology is ultimately what killed faith

The simplicity of farm life and pre industrial life is tied to strong morals and religion and really the Internet and Computer was the death of the soul.

Amish are totally right. Its more than mere ritual, the masses need to have their very lifestyle be simple and narrow.
>>
>>80984073

You mean (((Hitchens)))
>>
Those are some valid points OP. It's unfortunate that they are counteracted by the extreme brutality brought about in the name of religion, including millions of tortures and deaths, dismissal of scientific knowledge and indoctrination of young minds with nightmarish depictions of hell which continue to this day
>>
>>80985001

You said it, the categorical imperative. The first time I read of it, I just knew Kant was autistic. How else can you argue against nuance or particular situations?
>>
>>80985108
Hitchen's actually was pretty anti-Israel and named the kike (Kissinger). Harris is full blown jew-cuck.
>>
>>80982655
Replace religion with nationalism.
>>
>>80985375

Hitler tried and failed that
>>
>>80985011

>Modern technology is ultimately what killed faith

Then why in modern times did Russia experience a mass conversion to Christianity? According to http://www.jstor.org/discover/10.2307/1386689?sid=21106321008783&uid=3739936&uid=2&uid=4&uid=3739256 for example, just in 1994 in Russia "a third of the Russian people who once said they do not believe in God now do believe in God".

Modern technology doesn't seem to have much of an effect. Russia has become Christian, China’s development coincided with a rise in atheism, and development and spread of information in the Middle East didn’t coincide with any change in the fact the region is unanimously Islamic.

There’s barely correlation here so we don’t even have the illusion of a basis to say there’s causation.
>>
File: hmm.png (28 KB, 575x587) Image search: [Google]
hmm.png
28 KB, 575x587
>Has an ever-present big-brother(god) that prevents many people from committing immoral actions.

Explain pic related
>>
>>80985110
>by the extreme brutality brought about in the name of religion, including millions of tortures and deaths
2 of the largest genocides in history (Mao and Stalin) were conducted by atheists. Atheists have killed tons of people. Atheists torture as well. Islam and certain sects of Christianity actually forbid torture.
> dismissal of scientific knowledge
big bang theory: catholic
algebra: muslim
general relativity: jew
etc, etc, etc
philosophy until 1900: muslims, christians, hindus,buddhists
>indoctrination of young minds
lol. Because atheist hollywood isn't fucking up young minds. Right.
>>
File: 1467738686243.jpg (125 KB, 460x459) Image search: [Google]
1467738686243.jpg
125 KB, 460x459
>>80982655
So fooling the public with lies is the best way to run society?
>>
>>80985110
I once thought like you but then I realized:

Science and technological progress really was a mistake. The Industrial Revolution was the end of the west.

It came at the cost of destroying the fabric of society. And really it's just magic. Your computer screen is the exact kind of thing the Bible called witchcraft or scrying. And forbade for clear philosophocal reasons. Whether or not it's supernatural doesnt matter.

Technology is man trying to play God and find cheat codes instead of following the rules of the game. Worhsip of mechanical idols (the internet)

There's no compatibility between sound morals and modern technology. Ted Kaczynski understood this and went mad.

I really see no way around this terrifying conclusion.
>>
>>80985375
Did you even read my entire post. I addressed that point specifically.
>>
>>80985686
Keeping them busy is most important.

Which is why technology directly led to feminism and pretty much every other leftist movement
>>
>>80985631

Fringe groups, by definition, are at one extreme or the other
>>
>>80985574
>russia and middle-east
Technology hasn't really spread through these societies like the west. Yet, I can vouch having been to the middle east that the increase in technology is causing a decrease in religious adherence and rise in degeneracy.
>>
>>80985574
Russia still has lower standards of living.

Faith comes from struggle
>>
OP is 100% correct. religion is not an end in and of itself, but a tool to use for the benefit of the nation. this is what makes the tragedy of the current cuck pope so bad.

>>80983575
>objective morals
lmao
>>
>>80982655

I agreed up until you mentioned Hitler's "neo-pagan religion." He was publicly Catholic until the day he died. He and other Nazi leaders even made fun of Himmler's occultist obsessions in private.

However he was definitely an atheist. He, or saw the benefits of religion and continued to practice christianity.
>>
>>80985631
Also most of those muslims are black. People forget that black muslims are one of the largest groups of muslims in America.
>>
File: HitlerCatholic.jpg (78 KB, 624x642) Image search: [Google]
HitlerCatholic.jpg
78 KB, 624x642
>>80982655
>Hitler
>neo-pagan

In what imaginary universe do you live?
>>
>>80985946

I dismiss your subjective opinion off-handedly
>>
>>80985686
>So fooling the public with lies is the best way to run society?
Yes. Most people are shit at critical thinking and being rational.
>>
>>80982655
That's it. I'm am now a muslim
Praise ALLAH الله أكبر
>>
>>80985683
How does pointing out that Atheists have killed people do anything to prove what I said wrong. Atheists don't kill in the name of their religion, which is what we are talking about here. And if you the influence of Hollywood has had a detrimental effect on the minds of young people than religion then you must be daft.
>>
File: CSJC.jpg (74 KB, 1201x717) Image search: [Google]
CSJC.jpg
74 KB, 1201x717
>>80985110

>including millions of tortures and deaths

Yeah its not like atheistic Communist movements tortured and killed millions and millions more people in the past century than Christianity ever has

> dismissal of scientific knowledge

"they disagree with me so they deny science itself"

Just like they dismissed the historical sciences that pointed so firmly to Communism right? Or how they foolishly held that Belshazzar was a real person despite Daniel obviously being wrong? (Sure archeology later definitively proved that he existed and was exactly like the book of Daniel portrayed him, but that's beside the point guys!!!!!)

>indoctrination of young minds with nightmarish depictions of hell

How sad that they tell people about the permanent consequences of evil. Sure belief in Hell creates moral behavior (https://uonews.uoregon.edu/archive/news-release/2012/6/belief-hell-according-international-data-associated-reduced-crime), but its wrong of them to warn kids about consequences!
>>
>>80985971
>>80986007

Pope Pius XI issued an encyclical against his neopaganism, so it's far from a meme

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mit_brennender_Sorge

>The encyclical condemned breaches of the 1933 Reichskonkordat agreement signed between the German Reich and the Holy See.[4] It condemned "pantheistic confusion", "neopaganism", "the so-called myth of race and blood", and the idolizing of the State. It contained a vigorous defense of the Old Testament out of belief that it prepared the way for the New.[5] The encyclical states that race is a fundamental value of the human community which is necessary and honorable but condemns the exaltation of race, or the people, or the state, above their standard value to an idolatrous level.[6]
>>
File: 1428516602735.png (58 KB, 1244x509) Image search: [Google]
1428516602735.png
58 KB, 1244x509
Agree with OP, here's a pic I like
>>
>>80985905
The way i see it the Internet must be destroyed or made inaccessible to the majority if we are ever to return to traditional society.

4chan is a perfect example of how too much information even if true is demoralizing.

Most people should be simple in their lives and knowledge and social circles. Really even mass literacy was a mistake
>>
>>80986002
people also forget that most of your black "muslims" are NOI niggers. the rest of the muslim world considers NOI to be either not muslim at all or a bunch of weirdo heretics.
>>
How much cinnamon toast crunch did you eat today?
>>
>>80986086
But for what purpose? What is the goal of society?

Even if you're right and atheism will destroy society, who are you to say whether that's good or bad? Maybe if knowing the truth leads to the death society, then society deserves to die.
>>
File: 1464288514140.jpg (82 KB, 590x573) Image search: [Google]
1464288514140.jpg
82 KB, 590x573
>>80986240

Traditional Catholicism or Orthodoxy
>>
>>80985971
>He was publicly Catholic until the day he died.
I agree, but he wasn't a traditional catholic. Regardless my point still stands. Religious observance was a very important part of the nazi ideology.
>>
>>80986086
Again another reason thw Internet must be banned.

Atheism is directly correlated by internet access. As much as 4chan doesnt like this we would all be better in a less connectwd world where close community is more important.
>>
>>80982655
But what does any of that have to do with akira
>>
File: BQTJr8tCMAAli2e.jpg (18 KB, 480x266) Image search: [Google]
BQTJr8tCMAAli2e.jpg
18 KB, 480x266
>>80986107
>>
>>80984073
False. I'm religious and morality is subjective.
>>
>>80985738
>Did you even read my entire post. I addressed that point specifically.

You falsely claimed that Hitler needed paganism to have people believe in nationalism.

Fact is most Germans at the time were Christians and most of the organizations of Nazi Germany were highly religious by today's standards.

Their is no need for fairies and sky daddies to have people believe in nationalism or racial superiority.
>>
>>80982655
It's not atheism; it's a lack of duty. You can attribute the shortfall in our societies to atheism because of the pure justice that comes from a belief in Christianity. Not enough time between the two points did not allow for a secular notion of duty.
>>
So no matter what you believe it won't change the truth right? We're on the same page here correct?

What you believe is about how your brain is written... also right?

The atheist-theist debate is based on slight changes in the way the opposing brains are written like... correct?
Both brain's programs share enough overlaps to oppose another, a contact point is persent right?

The contact point also has a particular structure... doesn't it?
>>
>>80986151
>How does pointing out that Atheists have killed people do anything to prove what I said wrong.
It doesn't it just shows that getting rid of religion wouldn't solve the problem.

>Atheists don't kill in the name of their religion, which is what we are talking about here.
They do. Mao specifically killed christians and Buddhists because they weren't atheist and adhered to their god over his communist ideology.

>And if you the influence of Hollywood has had a detrimental effect on the minds of young people than religion then you must be daft.
It has. Religion doesn't have young girls turning into sluts. Religion doesn't have young men turning into thugs and degenerates. Religion doesn't raise the divorce rate.
>>
>>80982655
I would argue that atheism is not the death of society. Rather, ones viewpoint on free will is the death to society. People who thing they do not have free will of their life, will likely do things that are not morally just thus leading themselves down a road of determinism or worse- fatalism.

One can be atheist and still believe that they have free will over their own life and actions.
>>
>>80986207
>he was a pagan because he was racist
>>
File: 1467350345422.png (521 KB, 1440x1440) Image search: [Google]
1467350345422.png
521 KB, 1440x1440
>>80982655
Nice try Christfag
>>
File: 146443964325857.png (275 KB, 545x530) Image search: [Google]
146443964325857.png
275 KB, 545x530
>>80986569

>Fact is most Germans at the time were Christians and most of the organizations of Nazi Germany were highly religious by today's standards.

>Their is no need for fairies and sky daddies to have people believe in nationalism or racial superiority.

wot the fuck
>>
>>80986409
>Religious observance was a very important part of the nazi ideology.

lmao are you serious?
real talk: neither hitler nor the rest of the NSDAP gave a fuck about christianity. they sometimes paid lip service to it when it was politically convenient, because most of the population was still christian (though not very pious) but that's all there is to it. overall they rather disliked christianity for glorifying weakness and failure, but they didn't act out on this dislike because they couldn't afford the loss in public support that would have entailed.
>>
>>80986580
I see the lack of simple clear cut roles that people had in pre industrial society as inherently tied to lack of religion.

They both go together and are inseperable. You really cannot have pervasive tech that makes life this easy and too sociallly mobile and also still have religion and a sense of duty.

People tend to ignore that technology defines culture.
>>
>>'80986193
Damn you guys are dumb. These atheists you are talking about don't kill people because they are Atheist do they? No, they have other motivations and justifications for their killings, unlike people like Vlad the Impaler who murdered and tortured thousands of people in the name of Christianity. I'm not sure how you're trying to deny that they dismiss scientific knowledge when they used to kill people if they didn't believe the earth was flat and continue to dismiss evolution in large parts of America, I could go on and on. The fact that you believe teaching kids that they will burn in Hell for eternity is a good thing says a lot really.
>>
>>80986271
This is also true.
>>
>>80986555

KEK FUCKING CONFIRMS IT, FAGGOTS.
>>
>>80986803

>low-effort bait/not reading the link
>>
>>80986350
>Even if you're right and atheism will destroy society, who are you to say whether that's good or bad? Maybe if knowing the truth leads to the death society, then society deserves to die.
This is the kind of nihilism atheism creates. Truth has no inherent value. Truth is only valuable because it provides something.
>>
>>80986905

Atheists don't kill because the rule of law is still in place

Give it a few years
>>
>>80986786
This is why i reject Darwinism including racial eugenics.

It's just more fatalistic modernist trash
>>
File: COSM.jpg (888 KB, 2129x2471) Image search: [Google]
COSM.jpg
888 KB, 2129x2471
>>80986776
The contact point.
>>
>>80986462
It doesn't. I just needed a pic.
>>
>>80982655
There is no God but kek. Christfags should be purged
>>
>>80986555
What fucking religion are you.
>>
>>80986569
>>
File: maxresdefault.jpg (133 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
133 KB, 1920x1080
>>80986776
>>80987051
Sky Tengri.
>>
>>80987112
Then please use proper nouns.
>>
File: 1445299278167.png (231 KB, 678x678) Image search: [Google]
1445299278167.png
231 KB, 678x678
>>
>>80987079
Can you stop
>>
File: wstfw.png (7 KB, 205x246) Image search: [Google]
wstfw.png
7 KB, 205x246
>>80983575
Independant thought with no moral backing always ends in the worst in humans. It leads to vanity, insecurities, excess, lying, cheating, stealing, rape and murder. When you answer to no higher authority then you will never be the best you can be as a man, or woman. You have got to understand morals.

We received Obama because the nation wanted everything besides religion. Now look at us... if the nation still wants your type of thinking then the nation will factually end. Freedom is never free, if not blood by war then chaos.
>>
>>80987012
But you didn't answer the question. What is the goal or purpose of society that is so important you have to brainwash the masses with lies to make sure it doesn't fall apart?
>>
>>80987344
Look at 4chan.

Internet anonymity is the ultimate example of degeneracy. It prevents social shaming and reallt shouldnt be allowed in a righteous society.

4chan promotes anti authority views. It is by nature bad for you
>>
Christ fags are killing the west. Retards get pushed away from right wing politics because they use the bible to justify their stances and now you have this mass perception that everyone right wing is a religious nut.
>>
>>80987079
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vqQdc0mX1_c

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I-rD4gD3Oe4

Was posting molymeme who agrees with OP part of your tanned german plan?
>>
File: 1425555075034.png (91 KB, 1062x743) Image search: [Google]
1425555075034.png
91 KB, 1062x743
>>80986806
>>80987112
>>80987492
>>
>>80987492
The West has been dead since the Industrial Revolution
>>
>>80986240
Christian. Finally the gays can be put to death, and we can have good honest wholesome nations.
>>
>>80987454

>4chan promotes anti authority views.

The authority now is amoral and degenerate
>>
>>80987454
then why are you here
>>
>>80987662
It is but falling for the ''I'm a rebel'' culture of this place means that you will stop truly being moral if it ever becomes the norm. 4chan cares more for being different than actuallt being consistent in principles.

If you're not OK with 4chan being banned in your ideal society you're just an amoral contrarian rebel akin to 60s hippies just in reverse
>>
>>80985631
atheists are usually more educated, so they like to say
>>
>>80982655
When was the last time you went to Church OP.
Practise what you preach first.
>>
>>80987551
Many hippies grew up and became neocons.

Same will happen to unprincipled /pol/acks. They'll probably go back to being progresives after two terms of Trump just ro be against the norm
>>
File: 86548.jpg (329 KB, 561x750) Image search: [Google]
86548.jpg
329 KB, 561x750
>Religion is good! Religion is great!
>Looks at Islam.
>YeahNope.jpg

Religion may come from god, but ultimately a human is the middleman. Ultimately it is corrupted. Ultimately it is made perverse and distorted for the sake of a ruling hierarchy that claims to hear the word of God.

I will have faith in God when God shows himself to me unequivocally, no sooner and no later than that.
>>
>>80987859

I'm a Christian mate. I have only one set of morals regardless of who is currently in charge now
>>
>>80982655
Gotta agree with you OP. Also the slippery slope is real, first you are not saying grace and the next thing you know you are a omnifaggotos non binoculary fish mouthed degenerate having your dog eat peanut butter out your ass while Jamal fucks your wife in the other room
Aka
Canada
>>
>>80988004
Islam was made by jews
>>
>>80988166
So was Christianity.
>>
>>80988087
"From God's lips to my ears, from my lips to your fears."
>>
>>80982655
Athiest here.

The main problem aethiests have is that they stupidly equate morality solely to religion, then proceed to rationalize that if one does not need religion they do not need morality and ethics.

In other words they use it as an excuse to be lazy, which offends the shit out of me.
>>
>>80986086
You included.
Have fun working in a coalmine for twelve hours a day because the "Volk" needs you. I'll be sitting here, enjoying my free society. All of you edgy cuntlords think that National socialism and religion are so good because they suppress the people, but you forget that you are part of "the people". Yes, degenerates are annoying and all, but it is a small price to pay in Exchange for your personal liberties.
Get fucking real. Go outside and witness all the shit that you are allowed to do in the West. If after that you still long for a dictator telling you what to do and how to do it, move to best Korea and see how that works our for you...
Goddamn edgy faglords
>>
File: 1461990098671.jpg (96 KB, 598x792) Image search: [Google]
1461990098671.jpg
96 KB, 598x792
>>80987551
>>
>>80986905
You are a fucking retarded cuck. First off Vlad the Impaler did not kill muslims for christianity, he wasen't doing crusades. He was killing them because he was a nationalist patriot and they were invading Romania. But I guess you english cucks wouldn't know anything about defending your borders from invaders would you? Also your other things were wrong. And for your last bit, are you saying you should tell a kid that if they kill, rape, and steal they go into heaven? Are you that retarded?
>>
File: ScienceVReligion.png (188 KB, 1949x516) Image search: [Google]
ScienceVReligion.png
188 KB, 1949x516
>>80988166
>>80988214

I was beaten to it. Oh well, have this nice image instead. I'd say we're at around the third step.
>>
>>80983575
Yeah. And now even the smartest atheists now will look back and say that a christian society is more efficient.
>>
File: 1462648650451.png (48 KB, 908x539) Image search: [Google]
1462648650451.png
48 KB, 908x539
>>80987984

You have no say over our religion
>>
File: marrycuckmass.jpg (171 KB, 1024x777) Image search: [Google]
marrycuckmass.jpg
171 KB, 1024x777
>>80982655

(((Christianity))) is a cuck religion. It doesn't surprise me beta /pol/ faggots embrace it.
>>
>>80984073
>Do you know what objective is. Religious morals are by nature objective because they derive from god.
*sarcasm
This is why Christianity made 180 turn in many key moral subjects about society. Like slavery, exterminating of pagans or placing of women to the kitchen. Maneuvering to the current agenda is soooooooooo objective.
>>
>>80987380
>What is the goal or purpose of society
Only religion (or something like it) can answer that.
>>
>>80988004
>I will have faith in God when God shows himself to me unequivocally

It doesn't work that way. You cannot prove God with the scientific method, like some autistic people (Dawkins) think.

You need faith first, that's the whole point.

Also, Islam is shit, nobody claims otherwise. Being religious doesn't mean being a retard and denying obvious facts.
>>
>>80988417
Jokes on you. That's a lady sitting at a table looking at her reflection within a round mirror.
>>
>>80987454
Except you are forgetting that this is your opinion and doesn't necessarily mean it's true. Just as what I said... is not necessarily true.

>>80987344
4chan may promote anti authority but in certain threads it promotes spiritual enlightenment, self-help for navigating the diseased political scene we have today and even newly enlisted males into the militaries around the world. Your disallowing of 4chan is just a hypothetical, an extension of an argument which is an extension of an extension of a delusion of your opinion. Fear brings people together, when we are considered bad, then that means everyone else must be good. But if we say we are good, that means everyone else is bad. Progressive liberals have ruined our children's minds as well as what we place as important in the US.

This is short-lived victory for them though. You will see eventually.
>>
>>80985574
A chunk of soviets were closet Christians. They didn't convert from atheism
>>
>>80988557
Right, and why did that happen?
Because Religion is a control mechanism, created by humans (my belief) to the few may subvert the masses.

And here's the thing: Even if the Bible WAS the word of god, it was written and transcribed by humans. "Lost in translation" wouldn't even BEGIN to describe the bastardization that must have occurred.
>>
>>80988314
He raided villages and killed and tortured innocent people in the most brutal way possible in the name of Christianity. You should try reading some history time. And yes, I'm the retarded one, because telling kids they will burn in hell for enternity for saying a cuss word is perfectly reasonable.
>>
>>80988909

>you can't prove god by reality but he is real
>trust me, I read it in a book written by middle eastern sand niggers from 2000 years ago
>>
>>80988909
I didn't say God needed to be proved with the scientific method, I said that God needed to show Himself to *me*, unequivocally, before I would believe. I refuse to allow even the slightest notion of "Faith" to cross my mind, it is one of the worst concepts in the entirety of human history and should be erased from existence. Faith! Bah. Without something more substantial than "belief without any proof at all" I will not find God. That is how I am wired. That is how *God wired me.*
>>
>>80988256
I agree. I also find it weird when atheist say that objective morality is bad, but then proceed to see ethical questions as either right or wrong.
>>
>>80989028

>He raided villages and killed and tortured innocent people in the most brutal way possible in the name of Christianity
>because telling kids they will burn in hell for enternity for saying a cuss word is perfectly reasonable.

The time to be nice is over. Society is mad and it needs discipline
>>
File: nige.jpg (34 KB, 620x310) Image search: [Google]
nige.jpg
34 KB, 620x310
>>80982655
You fucking idiot. Improve the people. You're one of them, asshole.
>>
>lashing out at Christianity because you're an insecure newfag from reddit

Just stick to the comment section of whatever cuck atheist youtube channel you have in your other tabs.
>>
>>80985631
This still remains unchallenged, but here's more

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wealth_and_religion

If I was playing real life Civilization, I'd select "secularism" & "no superstitions" for my country right the fuck away
>>
>>80985574
>Then why in modern times did Russia experience a mass conversion to Christianity?
Russians may say anything but they will not move a finger to prove their dedication to faith if it causes slight inconvenience for them or requires to stop drinking vodka. Russians baptize their children and wear crucifix as insurance but at the same time they feast and orgy every year in the middle of the Nativity Fast. Really makes you think about their faith.
>>
>>80988285
> I'll be sitting here, enjoying my free society
I hope you enjoy sucking ahmeds dick

>Yes, degenerates are annoying and all, but it is a small price to pay in Exchange for your personal liberties.
It's actually a huge price to pay.
>>
>>80989262

>I refuse to allow even the slightest notion of "Faith" to cross my mind

Impossible. We'd go mad without faith
>>
File: 1468170241929.jpg (24 KB, 550x471) Image search: [Google]
1468170241929.jpg
24 KB, 550x471
>>80988922

That might be the case but the lady is drawn twice, ergo "two ladies."

I do admit that I should have said "with" table rather than "at" table, though.
>>
>>80989395
The thing is it isn't secularism that leads to wealth. It's wealth that leads to secularism.
>>
>People mistake the decline of national interests and moral values with atheism instead of globalism
>>
>>80988937
>Because Religion is a control mechanism, created by humans (my belief) to the few may subvert the masses.

Sure, every religion has a political aspect. And every political movement will try to "subvert the masses" to an extent.

It's not possible to have "pure" thoughts, not influenced by society. Just not possible. From the moment you're born you're being brainwashed.
Religion isn't special in this sense.

>>80989262
You already believe many things without proof. You cannot even be a normally functioning person without any faith.
>>
>>80989588
Globalism is only possible with atheism.
>>
>>80989363
You realize reddit is a pc hugbox where no one can insult religion without getting downboated, right? The fedora meme is in full force over there. They hate atheists.

It is anti-science, "muh feels" shithole
>>
>>80989418
The Internet was a mistake.

No amount of knowledge is worth the social cost.

This is why gnosticism was always seen as heretical. There is value in simplicity and NOT knowing too much. Every 4channer oldfag can attest to this.

>>80989549
Secularism and wealth are both the consequences of technology
>>
>>80989395
Disclaimer: the graph at the top right is sketchy as fuck (turkey 20% religiousness lel)
>>
>>80984073
>Religious morals are by nature objective because they derive from god.

A god you subjectively picked out of a huge variety of options.
>>
>>80989678
>knowing this much about reddit
I guess that confirms my post.
>>
Really i see no solution other than regresssing technologically
>>
>>80989321
Hheh. I could bant on this better if I wasn't on a phone with my work break ending in ten.

A shame really.
>>
>>80988166
Uh oh, talk about franken(((stein)))'s monster
>>
Faith would return to the world when the electrical grid goes down.
>>
>>80989480

I suppose I'm quite mad. Still, what I meant by that was the specific idea of totally believing in something with an utter absence of proof or reason to believe in it. I cannot be religious because I *cannot* (note that I say "cannot", not "will not") believe in God without evidence more substantial than a 2000 year old book and men in funny hats telling me to. It needs to be for *me*, the proof needs to be *personal*, from God's lips to my ears. I cannot do it otherwise, it is not a choice I have.
>>
>>80982655
I agree that it's necessary, I just don't like that it is.
I want to think that humanity is advanced enough that we no longer need to make up pure bullshit, (like eternal suffering in hell) to avoid degeneracy.
I guess I'm a little bit early with that.
>>
>>80989028
You are an idiot, he fought in his own lands, and raided enemy turk soldiers. And he tortured them in brutal ways to inspire fear, in other turk soldiers. I know you like being buttfucked by Jamal, but listen up Nigel. Not everyone wants to suck Muslim cock. Also bad decisions have consequences. If you are a bad person you go to hell.
>>
>>80990016
''advancement'' is a lie.

The middle ages peasant was happier and more fulfilled than anyone who uses the Internet
>>
>>80982655
>gives people a reason to strive and contribute even when their lives are shitty (i.e. afterlife)
yeah better delusion than truth
you're posting on 4chan it's already degeneracy, go punish yourself
>creates strong in-group bonds that gives strangers reasons to care about the others well-being
wew and without religion you would probably kill left and right
muh family, you don't need religion for this
sucks to be you if only thing that prevents you from committing horrible things is imaginary god
>>
>>80990083
What if we had a secular society without modern technology? No Internet but also no religion
>>
>>80989610
I think you have misunderstood what I meant by "faith". When I say "faith", I speak specifically of 100% conviction/belief with 0% reason/evidence. I can work with 80% conviction and 30% evidence, hell, I can probably work with 99.99% conviction and 70% evidence, but I CANNOT have faith in God without God appearing to me personally. It is simply how I am. I am aware it is relatively hubristic because any God would surely find me beneath their notice, but perhaps in that case I was simply never meant to have faith at all.
>>
>>80982655
Or you could just be a good person. Are all Christians just sociopaths that need a justification to not be selfish shitheads? I donate a good bit of money to charities and a good bit of time building houses for the less fortunate. I don't see why a functioning human being needs religion to motivate them to be a good person.

Yes by supporting the import of nice wholesome Muslims. Also Greco-Roman Paganism and Shintoism had no problems with homosexuality. Hell the Roman Empire didn't begin its real downward spiral until it adopted Christianity.

Try not being a defective human being.

Fair enough

Most prison convicts in the US claim they are religious, most claim they are Christian

A people just need to be united in their ideals, those ideals can be religious or political.
>>
>>80989643
Missionaries in foreign lands were the beginning.
>>
>>80990193
4chan is degeneracy.

People here should take a month off the Internet. It would really provide more redpill than anything on /pol/
>>
>>80990201
It wouldn't happen.

People would find something to worship
>>
> This is an argument about the usefulness of religion.

Okay, well, dropped. G'day m8y
>>
File: 1390089203367.jpg (557 KB, 1280x997) Image search: [Google]
1390089203367.jpg
557 KB, 1280x997
>>80988001

/pol/ has always been right-wing because right-wing facts destroy Leftist opinion and emotion. Leftists survive in hugboxes that are enforced by moderation and can't tolerate banter.

Fedoras are always socially liberal, and are a cancer that should be excised or absorbed(converted). Anything less is more of the same and a march to nihilist and hedonist destruction.

>>80988296

Here is a statistical argument that you cannot deny, friend.
>>
>>80989925

>I suppose I'm quite mad. Still, what I meant by that was the specific idea of totally believing in something with an utter absence of proof or reason to believe in it.

The world can make no sense without faith in God

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xKX-QtEo2fI
>>
>>80990273
don't listen to him people!

its a trick to get the solar jew to give you skin cancer
>>
>>80989643
No it isn't. They could always start a global religion and in fact they probably will.
>>
>>80990267

Missionaries in foreign lands is a form of colonialism. Globalists hate colonialism because it's a form of nationalist supremacy.

Try again, fedora faggot.
>>
>>80990028
I'm not an idiot and you are wrong. He raided many villages of innocent people and killed them in the name of his faith. There are accounts of his slicing off women's nipples and feeding them to their husbands. Unless you were somehow there and know more than all of these accounts?

And making bad decisions is one thing, but the bible says that even thinking evil thoughts will make you a sinner and get you sent to Hell, I don't know how much of a brainwashed fuck you are to think this is a reasonable thing to teach children.
>>
>>80986555
You must be Jewish. You can change morality when it benefits you financially.
>>
>>80989759
It's still much more more subjective than any secular morality.
>>
>>80990410
>>right wing

And you suppose supporting all sorts of '' freedoms '' mostly centered around pornography and anime is right wing?

/pol/ is home to largely hypocrite closet left wingers
>>
>>80990576

In order to replace the religions of the world with a Globalist religion you first have to make them atheist
>>
>>80990435
The world makes no sense regardless of where you place your faith, or if you have any faith at all. Reality is inherently senseless.

Regardless, I am Agnostic-Atheist and don't specifically deny God. I deny all the Gods of humanity.
>>
>>80990767
That new religion is Internet and technology worship. 4chan and memes were part of the progamming for it. VR will be the final part
>>
>>80990409
Wait. You left your fedora
>>
>>80990435
brooklyn bridge is a god
shocking

people create beliefs because of the lack of explanation of some particular things or processes
hurr durr thunderstorm must be result of gods rolling stones or some other bullshit
>>
If you cannot see how the Internet itself is inherently programming the masses for globalism you are bluepilled.
>>
>>80990610
>Jewish
>You can change morality when it benefits you financially.
This is the most jewish thing i've heard.
>>
>>80990738

Pornography/hentai is degenerate. Anime is not.

You're a shitlib, and it shows. Fuck off back to whatever shitty social media you crawled from.
>>
File: 201.jpg (184 KB, 800x427) Image search: [Google]
201.jpg
184 KB, 800x427
>>80990767
They're already is a global religion.
>ISIS worships it.
>Christians worship it.
>Muslims worship it.
>Jews worship it.
>Buddhists worship it.
>Hindus worship it.
>Atheists worship it.
>Mormons worship it.
>Scientologists worship it.
>Catholics worship it.
>Agnostics worship it.

IT'S MONEY.
>>
>>80989262
You have proof you parents love you? You have proof you love your wife?

You can't prove love, so it doesn't exist?
>>
>>80991029
How is anime not a gateway drug?

Christians in the 90s were completely righr about video games and cartoons indoctrinating us into the occult. 4chan just ignores it becaise they like them.
>>
>>80990588
Yes you are an idiot. Vlad's war with the Turks was not based on religion. If the Turks converted to Eastern Orthodoxy, or Catholicism he would still fight them because they are invading his lands. The Ottoman Empire was invading Romania so he fought them. It was that simple. Secondly alot of those stories are exagerations, and those that aren't are done to Turks and criminals. The common Romanians loved Vlad. Also there was a source posted earlier on how belief in hell makes you more likely to be a better person and less likely to commit crimes. Kids being scared of punishments is good Nigel. And in Christianity you can ASK FORGIVENESS for things. So yeah hell is justified.
>>
>>80990840

>Reality is inherently senseless.

Nothing is inherently anything I'm sure mate, but reality is sense full with God and senseless if all that exists is Natural/ Physical
>>
>>80991103
Nah its technology
>>
>>80991029
>Anime is not.
2d waifu>3d pd
>>
File: 1314652032172.jpg (91 KB, 533x607) Image search: [Google]
1314652032172.jpg
91 KB, 533x607
>>80982655
>admits religious people are so stupid and nasty they need to be tricked into behaving properly
>>
>>80982655

>Religion keeps people in check
Does gun control keep people from getting guns?
>>
File: 1467940498895.jpg (12 KB, 187x204) Image search: [Google]
1467940498895.jpg
12 KB, 187x204
>>80991103
The Goyim know. Shit it down.
>>
>>80991191
So you're as godless as the rest. No surprise. 4chan has programmed you well
>>
>>80990576
I welcome a One-World-Religion since that would signal that the EndTimes are starting.

Can't wait for God to purge this earth.
>>
>>80991193

>you should behave as proscribed by Christian morality because... I feel like it!
>>
>>80990924

>brooklyn bridge is a god
>shocking

You are an imbecile and you understood nothing
>>
>>80990083
How can you possibly know that?
>>
>>80991310
You are using the new Tower of Babel right now.
>>
>>80990767
I don't think you're right about that. Look at all those "coexist" bumper stickers you see. The globalists will blend all those religions together into a politically correct - and also pro Jewish - religion which they will use to further brainwash the masses.

Atheism will probably be banned in the future because it lends itself to critical thinking and science, which the globalists don't like. Can't have the goyim thinking for themselves!
>>
>>80991139

I can't 100% prove *anything*. What I can do is make it more likely than the alternatives. What I can do is have some small minutiae of evidence. All I can do is say "probably," but for God, I cannot do even that.
>>
File: eyebrow.png (413 KB, 691x470) Image search: [Google]
eyebrow.png
413 KB, 691x470
>>80982655
>When implemented correctly

Like Communism? i.e. it never works but adherents always blame it on incorrect implementation

>This is not an argument about the epistemology or the metaphysics of god's existence

Because you can't

>We need something to give us purpose and keep our actions in check.

It's coming, hang tight. Humanity will discover something remarkable very soon about how we relate to the universe and what our purpose is.
>>
>>80982655
Lately I've wished I had strong believes or a faith in something bigger. I would have made an awesome Bible thumper.
>>
>>80991193
Humans. Religious or non-religious are savage fucks that need to be kept in check
>>
>>80991190
Technology is actually main enemy of religions
>>
>>80991401
Yes. Because it promotes its own false religion
>>
>>80991251
Not unless people actually are indoctrinated into believing it.
>>
>>80991103
Nah mate, it's power. They want vast amounts of money so they can be powerful.
>>
>>80991292
I'll admit. I'm a degenerate. That doesn't mean i'm wrong about the usefulness about religion. My degeneracy has been nothing, but detrimental to me.
>>
>>80991373

>I can't 100% prove *anything*.

Can you prove this?
>>
>>80991160
Hell is justified for a kid having normal sexual thoughts? Hell is justified for a kid who says a "naughty" word? I don't see how you can't see a problem with this, clearly you are too far gone.
>>
>>80991190
>>80991401
>>80991446
>>80991452

I was going to clarify but I was beaten to it. Money, Technology, and Power are ultimately essentially synonymous. That is what the classical religions of the past were created to consolidate, as well.
>>
>>80986397
Orthodox Catholic is the traditional only,

there are many deviations and separations from this like Roman Catholic and endless of Protestants deviations.
>>
>>80991553

It's not something I need to prove. It's an inherent attribute of reality.

Anyway, it's time for Oz to sleep.
>>
>>80991141
>>80991292

Most of us existed before the internet. Nothing has chnaged. The 90s "Christians" were neocons, and they now promote feminism in the pulpit.

I am a Christian and I will always be against degeneracy. You must be new to the faith to have such opinions.

Anime and vidya isn't going away. What influences them is culture. We must become the culture shapers, rather than the nihilists and satan worshiping kikes being the culture shapers.
>>
>>80991372
>Atheism will probably be banned in the future because it lends itself to critical thinking and science, which the globalists don't like.
Can we stop this meme. Atheists are just as crap at critical thinking as everyone else. 90% of atheists I know use the same arguments which all of them probably got from hitchens or dawkins. agnostics are usually more rational than atheists.
>>
>>80991449

Good religious people justify their good behavior on religion. Bad religious people just do and deny, or pray for forgiveness.

Black people are among the most religious in America, they simply ignore it when it shames their behavior.

Indoctrination only goes so far.
>>
>>80991710

> It's an inherent attribute of reality.

And that's your faith
>>
>>80989262
>*God wired me.*

you mean satan , and he welcomes you in hell
>>
>>80991379
>Like Communism?
Communism fails because it could never be implemented correctly. Communism requires a post-scarcity society which we do not have. We have already scene in the past successful flourishing religious societies.
>Because you can't
Stop being autistic. I'm making a pragmatic argument. I honestly don't give a shit if someone could actually prove or disprove gods existance.

>It's coming, hang tight.
Like what? Alien life? That will just make us more nihilistic than we already were.
>>
>>80991789
>agnostics are usually more rational than atheists

I haven't noticed that. They act the same, agnostics just tend to be more open to non-christian religions than atheists. They are literally pro-anything but Christ, in my experience. Especially Eastern hippy shit.
>>
>>80991362
Not entirely, ToB was more about mankind thinking they are Gods themselves and dont need God to succeed in life. God knew that if He let that happen so early in the history of mankind, the people would not even remember God in a few generations and turn away from Him entirely (as happened quite a few times in the OT) which always ended up in people dying an masse or disgusting behaviour as the norm. And then God would have to step in.
>>
>>80991395
Maybe you are.
>Atheist
>No criminal record
>Donate decent amounts of money to charity
>Spend a couple Saturdays per month working for Habitat for Humanity
Stop assuming everyone is as shitty as you.
>>
>>80991789
>not having your own solid opinion
>rational
only rational are apatheists who avoid religious discussions alltogether
>>
File: EvenJesusThinkYou'reAMoron.jpg (61 KB, 900x599) Image search: [Google]
EvenJesusThinkYou'reAMoron.jpg
61 KB, 900x599
Should have sleep but one last reply.

>>80991797
Faith as I define it is 100% belief with 0% proof. Anything in between is permissable. In the case of the human God, there is nothing at all. Well, it's like 0.00000000001% proof, but it's close enough to 0 for all practical purposes.

>>80991852
Pic is for you.
And I will welcome him with open arms, for if I was created a reject by God, then so too shall I die.
Oh, and 8/8/ for not knowing a fucking thing about your own religion.
>>
>>80991790
>
Black people are among the most religious in America, they simply ignore it when it shames their behavior.
Saying you are religious and being religious are two totally different things. Black people will claim to be religious, but also fornicate, do drugs, commit crime, etc. If you look at the blacks that are genuinely religious in practice they are some the most law abiding respectable people out there.
>>
>>80992089

He means internet agnostics
>>
>>80982655
>most people are sheep and weak willed

Every atheist/nihilist who ever lived eventually broke and succumbed to weakness of will. Even Nietzsche, king of the nihilists, was "human, all too human" and suffered a mental breakdown.

The greatest men who ever lived were Christians. A Christian with unshakable faith in Christ has an unbreakable will. These men laid the spiritual and moral foundation of human civilization. Only in the last 50 years have Judaism, Islam and atheism made a dent in that foundation.

Christianity will yet be the salvation of civilization.
>>
>>80992089
True, I meant more in the sense that agnostics are less autistic and less cucked than atheist.
>>
>>80991373
God creating us is still more logical that
>There was nothing
>Nothing happend
>Everything was created
>Nothing happened
>We started evolving
>Everything happening from now on is caused by us evolving.
>>
>>80992280

You have faith that nothing can be fully known, 100%
>>
>>80992193
That's whats happening now with virtual reality being mainstreamed. Letting man be the god of his own domain
>>
>>80992209
>anecdotal evidence
>treat this as fact
Great non-argument. Next thing you know you'll be pointing to the ISIS fighter who hasn't killed anyone and using that to justify the rest of them.
>>
>>80992295
Sounds like 4chan.

People here pretend to be religious but anonymity lets them hide their extremely degenerate private lives.

/pol/acks are just like white ''religious niggers''
>>
>>80987454
I think this is the most relevant context this has ever been used-
Then go to reddit, faggot. Have fun with your usernames and upboats. Hopefully the mods don't end up deleting your opinions.
>>
>>80992652
Reddit is just as bad.
The internet itself ks the issue here
>>
>>80992609

Acting all holier than thou leads me to believe you aren't a believer at all, but some contrarian fedora faggot preying on weaker people. You also smell of social media faggotry with your remarks about anonymity.
>>
>>80992044
>Communism fails because it could never be implemented correctly.

Likewise with religion, which by every study ever done, does nothing to actually improve peoples' behavior. It can make them happier or less fearful of death, but it does nothing to prevent crime for example, if anything it gives people a rationale for why it's okay (God wants me to do it, God will forgive me, etc.)

>Stop being autistic. I'm making a pragmatic argument. I honestly don't give a shit if someone could actually prove or disprove gods existance.

I do. And if you mean Yahweh, you can't do it. I don't care if you don't care. I am dictating this to you. This is the reason you're making a pragmatic argument. It is the only avenue remaining for you.

>Like what? Alien life? That will just make us more nihilistic than we already were.

No. Something which hasn't occurred to you yet. Something wonderful. It follows from all the same lines of evidence which commonly convince people of atheism, just thought through further. It is possible to independently realize it without being told and already many have.

Don't stress out. It will happen in due course.
>>
>>80992295

But that's no true scottsman, How can you claim the religion is effective when only very specific examples out of a series of "untrue" believers are attributed as evidence?
>>
>>80992509
>Humans are savages
>I'm not
>Hurr anecdotal evidence
Not claiming some people aren't assholes that need threats to keep them in line but you are missing two things.
A. Those threats don't work, most prison convicts in the US are religious
B. Most people aren't that assholish anyway
>>
>>80992411
No it isn't. They already know the basic elements that existed during the big bang. It's much more complicated and illogical to try and explain where God came from and how he arose from nothing than the basic elements of the universe as we know it.
>>
Society will die eventually regardless
>>
>>80992833
Nah ive been here a while.

Im just starting to come to the conclusion that this place isn't anu bettee than the rest. Everything i say applies to me too.
>>
>>80992372

>King of nihilists
Nietzche feared nihilism, his point was to fill the void of nihilism by being ubermensch
>>
>>80992910
>muh no true scotsman

Read the Bible, you faggot.

Matthew 7:21

By their fruit ye shall know them.
>>
>>80992854
>which by every study ever done, does nothing to actually improve peoples' behavior.
Not true. Religious people divorce less. They cheat less, They are less likely to commit crime. Again religion has already been shown to work.

>No. Something which hasn't occurred to you yet. Something wonderful. It follows from all the same lines of evidence which commonly convince people of atheism, just thought through further. It is possible to independently realize it without being told and already many have.
JEW DETECTED
>>
>>80992430
True, and when it comes to a point where VR is so realistic that you can literally be God of your own world, we will realise we went over the event horizon.
>>
>>80993077

The madman still went absolutely mad
>>
>>80992910
Do you know what the no true scotsman is. I'm saying that most blacks who claim to be religious aren't actually religious. Also I never said that truly religious blacks can't be criminal it's just far less likely than the non-religious blacks.
>>
>>80993030

There is no perfection. This is a fallen world. You work with what you have. If you want to go off and be a hermit, do so. Don't hold yourself up as something special.
>>
>>80992917
>A. Those threats don't work, most prison convicts in the US are religious
Claiming to be religious and being religious are two different things. I can claim to be a doctor, but unless I actually do the shit and know the shit a doctor is supposed to no-one is going to care about what I say.

>B. Most people aren't that assholish anyway
Because they either have the threat of hell or prison hanging over them.
>>
>>80993241
At this point the world will turn into Veelox from the Pendragon series.
>>
>>80993085

That doesn't do anything, you have people believing in christfaggotry yet the problems still persists, because it doesn't stop people from being degenerate.

The only way would be force, and that has nothing to do with religion, because in the fascism gets whatever it wants when it's in control.

>>80993301

Nietzche has a hard life.

>>80993385
I see no evidence that "more religious" blacks commit less crime.

If the idea that increasing religion can reduce crime then the rate of "untrue Christians" would disprove this.

Religion never kept people in line, law did, and the law is all that mattered. It might have followed religion, but the religion wasn't essential.
>>
>>80988285
Holy mother of stealth RARE
>>
>>80993941

He would have kept his sanity with religion
>>
>>80982655
This is true. For more on this subject, you guys should read the Righteous Mind by Jonathan Haidt. It should be required reading for anyone on /pol/
>>
>>80982655
Religion is just another way to manipulate the masses. Community altruism needs to replace it.

I'm happy it's fading and being replaced by something more concrete, like science.
>>
>>80982655
>Atheism is the death of Society
Sure.
Islam is so benefic for us.
Jews only do innocent stuff.
Christians invented so many good things.
You describe yourself as "sheep and weak willed", it proves that you're conscious of your state of mind. Why don't you try to improve, instead of relying on an "authorithy"?
You're not a kid anymore.
>>
>>80993941

So you didn't read it at all.
>>
>>80994395
Him and that book are what red-pilled me on this.
>>
>>80994489
Islam is what allowed the Arabs to defeat and conquer the persians and romans.
Judaism is what allowed the jews to survive for so long throughout history.
Christianity actually did invent good things. Most famous scientists and philosophers up until the 1900's and even now are Christians.
>>
File: Denmark_globus_cruciger2.jpg (341 KB, 1527x1964) Image search: [Google]
Denmark_globus_cruciger2.jpg
341 KB, 1527x1964
>>80986781
>Religion doesn't have young girls turning into sluts
When true, that's a pretty good argument against religion.

>>80986905
>Christians thought the world was flat
Bullshit.

This is a 'globus cruciger' - a sphere surmounted by a cross, symbolizing the supremacy of the Christian God over the world.
>>
>>80994489
>Christians invented so many good things.

Pretty much everything, yes.

>>80994478
>nihilist human-inspired morality needs to replace actual morality from God
>science

This is why fedoras get memed so hard. All of it sounds the same. All of it is stupid as fuck.
>>
>>80994805
remind me why Giordano Bruno was burned?
>>
>>80994051
Yes and prayer cures people of disease. You can't actually prove that he wouldn't have gone insane.

>>80994621
You seem to understand that atheists aren't exactly going to say they're Christians.

Just because you're "shit" at practicing doesn't mean you don't believe in it.
>>
>>80994787
This. Christianity actually made science possible because it is a radical critique that separates authority from power. Asian "scientists" with a higher IQ never did anything but curious one-offs without social penetration because power and authority -- and therefore reality and party line -- were never separated in Asia.
>>
>>80994805
It's not bullshit you moron. The church executed people for heresy who didn't believe in the standard cosmological beliefs, which was that the Earth was flat.
>>
File: 1464912471630.gif (2 MB, 540x540) Image search: [Google]
1464912471630.gif
2 MB, 540x540
>keep the common people brainwashed by lies to keep them in line so they don't do anything you don't like
>instill a sense of fear and obedience in the populace
>promote belief in a semitic god
>punish those who think for themselves
>freedom is evil

You people are literally the same as the Jews. You're just on the other side
>>
>>80995034
>The Catholic Church always burned people with solid, well argumented reasoning.

Mate people were burned under the guise of "heracy" because they didn't pay enough to the church.

The Catholic Church is a ungodly organisation and all it's followers will burn in hell.
>>
>>80995034

blogs.discovermagazine.com/outthere/2014/03/10/cosmos-pick-wrong-hero
>>
>>80982655
That's from soul eater right?
>>
>>80995267

It would have decreased his chances
>>
>>80994787

>Tribalism allowed x-group to do something they all agreed with

Great discovery, the tribe doesn't have to be based around falsehoods though.
>>
File: Solidus-Leontinus-sb1330.jpg (85 KB, 500x235) Image search: [Google]
Solidus-Leontinus-sb1330.jpg
85 KB, 500x235
>>80986905
>>80994805
This is a Byzantine solidus, depicting a globus cruciger held in the hand of an Emperor who died in the early 8th century. He's holding a FUCKING GLOBE because he, like everyone else who studied the matter using the science of the time, knew that the world was a sphere.

(Atheist, but I don't like the shitty strawman of HERP DERP THEY THOUGHT EARTH WAS FLAT much)
>>
>>80995292
You might be able to make that argument about the reformation or Protestantism, but Roman Catholic Christianity is without a doubt the anchor that plunged Western Civilization into the dark ages
>>
>>80995548
Akira
>>
>>80992411
>We started evolving
>https://www.sciencedaily.com/releases/2014/08/140821124835.htm
>New species are formed when its members are no longer able to reproduce with members of the parent species.
>They also determined that the parasitic ants were no longer reproductively compatible with the host ants -- making them a unique species -- and had stopped reproducing with their host a mere 37,000 years ago -- a very short period on the evolutionary scale.
Species continue to change, whether you like it or not.
>>
>>80995825
Some solid evidence there my friend. He's holding a globe so that obviously means he thinks the Earth was spherical. There were a few outcasts in history who speculated that the Earth was spherical but they were in no way supported by the church
Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 43

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.