[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What is /pol/'s opinion of suicide?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /pol/ - Politically Incorrect

Thread replies: 91
Thread images: 7
File: suicide_2439218f.jpg (14 KB, 636x477) Image search: [Google]
suicide_2439218f.jpg
14 KB, 636x477
What is /pol/'s opinion of suicide?
>>
Acceptable murder

>also pathetic
>>
>>80974203
if you really do believe it is what you want and you are okay with leaving every single possible experience on earth for something that may or may not be there (let's be honest nobody can tell if there's an afterlife), go for it. i understand.

if you're not sure and you're mainly planning on doing it as an attempt to get out of some particular experience, remember that the only thing that's permanent is death, everything else can change.

those are my two opinions on it. people have the right to decide what they want to do with their lives. attempting to deny that is on par with murder.
>>
I wish someone would kill me
>>
>>80974203
probably a bad idea
>>
>>80974203
After deciding to sudoku, wait 1-2 years. If you don't change your mind, do it.
>>
A very permanent solution to what is usually temporary problems.

But there are obviously instances where it should be acceptable. Having some sort of incurable degenerative disease, for example.
>>
>>80974203

The ultimate form of selfishness.
>>
File: 1468423385922.jpg (37 KB, 680x734) Image search: [Google]
1468423385922.jpg
37 KB, 680x734
>>80974203
alright
>>
>>80974802
Are you implying that bringing a person to this world against their will and wanting them to grow old is not more selfish?
>>
>>80974203
If there's nobody in your life who cares about you, by all means, go for it.

If, however, people love you, it's probably more virtuous to work on yourself and try to overcome your situation. I just can't rationalise it as a virtuous thing to do with how thoroughly it would devastate the people around a person.
>>
File: 1454997441404.gif (662 KB, 800x528) Image search: [Google]
1454997441404.gif
662 KB, 800x528
Semi related:

When I feel suicidal and sit alone for a while, I get a weird emotional spike and become incredibly happy for a short period. Anyone else know this feel?
>>
File: 1359831788256s.jpg (969 B, 125x57) Image search: [Google]
1359831788256s.jpg
969 B, 125x57
>>80974203
most likely un-diagnosed mental ilness.

crooked views on reality, suicide gets easy when your insane.
>>
>1 POST BY THIS ID
>>
>>80974802
Bullshit
Demanding someone to be alive against his will is selfish.
>>
>>80975163
>1 post by this ID
>>
I wished it was easier to commit it.
>>
Please get professional help OP, life is worth living. Sure it is full of shit sometimes but you have to live life for the gilded edges, the moments that, though can be few and far between, can make it all worth it. If you are feeling depressed and have persistantly for some time it may be that you have depression, this can be genetic, but it is a chemical imbalence, much like diabetes, and much like diabetes it can be corrected with medecation and there is no need to be ashamed.
>>
>>80975311
They're both selfish but trying to berate/guilt someone into being alive for your sake is pretty messed up tbqh
>>
>>80974769
>what is usually temporary problems
Fuck off. I have wished to die since I was 10 years old. It's not a fucking temporary problem. Life is a continuous hell for some people.
>>
>>80974203
tempting
>>
>>80974203
Not necessary
>>
>>80974203
As someone who's lived with depression for over three decades I'm of two minds.

Such prolonged suffering wears you down over time and eventually you've had enough. I've been going on for sometime purely for the sake of others. I'm trying to kindle hope again but in the back of my mind I know the cycle and know I'm doomed to it until I die. I think people who don't understand and want you to hang around for their sake are selfish. They just don't want to face their own grief so they expect you to endure worse to spare their suffering. It's something people don't want to talk about and folk often will say suicide is selfish. But many won't be there for you if you are enduring the pain and the few that do can only endure so much. It is telling that others need to take a break from your own depression and negativity, a privilege you yourself cannot escape from. It still baffles me so many don't see this for an indication of how bad it can be for those suffering from ongoing depression.

The catch is, if you are young, still in your twenties or younger, you haven't really given life a chance yet. Things may yet improve and you owe it to yourself to check some things off on your bucket list. You are only robbing yourself if you do it so young. At the same time, sometimes the reprieve you get from the illness when you can experience true joy deeper than many others is an experience to behold. Even though you know it's short lived and it will pass, sometimes you feel maybe it's worth it. Maybe it's worth enduring. If there is an afterlife or if there is not, once you are gone you are gone. Maybe it's worth enduring a measly few years more on this planet and witnessing the world spin and the wonders of life. To experience sometimes vicariously through others happiness and joy can sometimes make you feel alive still.

1/2
>>
>>80974203

No one will blame you for checking out of a hotel early if the service is beyond shitty and the facilities are in abhorrent condition.

Your life is the only thing you truly own, so you can and should do with it as you wish.

Anyone who wants to sap your energy for their own interests is just trying to use you.
>>
>>80975163
>>80975362

I'm contemplating while reading the posts.
>>
>>80975899
Jesus Christ, man.

Have you thought about giving up the shit that's making you like this? Joining the army, travelling etc? These are good cures.
>>
>>80976539

>the military is a good cure for suicide

22 US veterans kill themselves every day.
>>
>>80975899

At the end of the day I have two rules I recommend.
1) You must be 100% sober.
2) If you do go through with it, it must be by your own hand. For there is something within you when you stand at the precipice of death which holds your hand back. Even whilst you scream do it, do it, die, be free, end it! Within your own mind, even whilst your heart falls into the abyss of blackness. Something within you may yet kick in and say not today. Call it self preservation, God, cowardice, whatever. I firmly believe if you can't do it yourself, than you can't ask another to do it for you, and it is an indication you are not truly ready and need to give yourself more time.

If you seek an end due to pain, I would encourage you peel back your layers of pain. Seek to understand yourself. Through meditation, through counselling, through prayer, through adventure. The journey is not hard but you can find yourself a sliver of hope and understanding. A renewed spark for life which you can choose to kindle.

Someone I understood completely when it happened was Robin Williams. A man who fought demons all his life. Who lived and shared many experiences. Yet when the suffering grew too much, when he was old enough to feel he gave life his best shot, when he saw the troubles ahead of him with another illness, he made the decision to leave. I respect that choice. I respect that man. I respect life and death.

2/2
>>
>>80976744
Due to PTSD. It really depends what role you take. Devoting yourself to a higher cause is great at fighting depression.
>>
File: Opisfag.png (29 KB, 815x590) Image search: [Google]
Opisfag.png
29 KB, 815x590
>>80974203
>>
>>80977007
>It really depends what role you take.

You've never served, have you?
>>
>>80974203
Can easily be avoided if you listen to isochronic tones.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Cp9gc2hqP38
>>
>>80976539
I am too old for the army and I doubt they'd take me with my health history regardless.

Travelling I have done some of within Australia. I'd love to do more however I'm not in a financial position to so. I squandered my youth and my younger monetary gains on a failed relationship much to my regret. I have a younger brother who was fortunate enough to listen to my counsel and experience and recently spent 6 months overseas on holiday. I lived vicariously through him listening to stories and pictures. This brought me some joy and I'm proud to see him grow into a better man than I have achieved.

I'm trying one last push for myself returning to study as a mature aged student. If I can't succeed or I fail, it's to be my last go I think at this time. I've done a fair few things in my life. A good friend of mine is about to have a child as well, so I will share in his joy. But all in all I grow weary of just existing. I have no fear of death. I am content with my experience. Of course I'd love to do more, but I'm not as capable as I used to be. If my health slips much further I will go.

I fear not death, only the capability and means to take my own life.
>>
>>80977007
I already have PTSD, going into the army to add to my collection is probably not the best for me.

I've thought of going bush and just living off the land in isolation. Letting death take me when it comes. But I'm not ready yet.
>>
>>80977601

Do you have more information about this?
>>
>>80977764
>This brought me some joy and I'm proud to see him grow into a better man than I have achieved.
Never, ever feel it is too late to enjoy life. Life is not about achievements, it's not about monetary success and how many things you get done, it's how happy you are, as cheesy as it sounds. Don't feel you ever need to study, get married, get a job and tick off a list to show you're a productive member of society, the only thing you need to secure are the means to do what you want.

I read a book about some guy who got rid of his depression by walking across the US over 8 months. It sounds cheesy but it genuinely works, meditate, work out. Just do anything to feel alive. My dad kept himself from killing himself by ignoring my Mum and wasting cash on an extremely fast motorcycle, he rode it 140mph on an empty road, and he told me he genuinely felt happy for those moments, he's 58. Give up what is holding you down, reenergise and recreate that spark in your life. There's always time.
>>
>>80977372
You realise you can join the Navy and RAF and not kill people?
>>
>>80978376
There's two frequencies playing in your left and right ear (you need headphones). The two frequencies cancel with each other to reach a certain frequency. Videos like these reach frequencies that make your brain perform certain actions. In this case, serotonin secretion.
>>
>>80974203
>A futile gesture in a lifetime of futile gesture
But OP you should do it
>>
>>80974203
If you want to die you better start killing the kind of people you hate the most and have the police to put you down.
>>
>>80974203
A close family member killed themselves

Honestly I tank them for it because it made me realize how awful/sad/wasteful suicide is so I never will

You are going to die anyway, why not try and live for something

Just reboot and start over
>>
>>80978526

You realize that you've never served, right?
>>
>>80978553

I listened to about five minutes of it without headphones and it made me angry.

I'll try it with headphones now.
>>
>>80978919
That's not an argument to my point.

I'm joining in a few months when I've finished visiting my extended family in South Africa anyway.
>>
>>80979122

>I never served, but let me tell you about service

Swing and a miss.
>>
>>80977601
can this be listened to while doing something else and still work?
>>
>>80979221
>you have to serve to know that it's unlikely you'll kill someone in the Royal Navy or RAF
>>
>>80979284
You dont have to kill someone to get PTSD, famalam
>>
>>80979063
For the love of God, use headphones.
>>80979222
Yes.
>>
>>80979514
What other things give you PTSD in the army if you don't go into combat? Waking up at 6?

Before you say 'Not everyone who goes into combat kill's someone', know it's entirely possible to be in the army and find purpose while not being shot at.
>>
>>80978458
Easy answers for a life long struggle. I appreciate the sentiment yet it's different for everyone.

> Life is not about achievements, it's not about monetary success and how many things you get done, it's how happy you are, as cheesy as it sounds. Don't feel you ever need to study, get married, get a job and tick off a list to show you're a productive member of society, the only thing you need to secure are the means to do what you want.

I have for some time pursued reprieve through buddhist meditation. Even recently started to explore Catholic church as a way to rekindle spirituality. However as a man in a western society you are entirely judged on these things called achievements. Unless I become a monk or go live out bush in isolation ignoring these things is not an easy thing. Be it sinful ego or a hurt pride, I'll not be a nobody. I've gone from having everything to nothing. It is a hard transition and not easy to let go of.

To say to me to give up my ambitions or dreams and live in poverty but at least alive is the same to condemn me to eternal suffering. It is my choice to reject this.

I've dug deep into my own drives. I know the only true thing in my heart is to seek to be a father. I guess the biological imperative is all that remains when we dig deepest. However I cannot in good conscience seek such a beginning again without rebuilding myself first. I seek to do that now hence my last hurrah. I enjoy helping others and giving to the community but it is ultimately a selfish act which relieves me of some of the pain I carry.

Weep not for the sun that has already set, yet be mindful and appreciative for when the dawn rises again in your own life.
>>
If you're white, don't, there is hope brother.

If you're black, don't cut across the street, cut all the way from the wrist and up.
>>
>>80979564

Headphones are in. Here we go.

>1:04
I feel like I'm in that horrible alien abduction scene from Fire in the Sky.

>1:30
The ominous droning sound is making me increasingly agitated.

>2:10
It's like I'm part of a spacecraft launch that's about to go catastrophically wrong.

>3:07
I thought this was supposed to make me happy, but all it's doing is increasing my anxiety levels.

>3:26
I went to a haunted house once that featured this high-pitched squealing in the background.

>4:13
I wonder if this type of shit is what the CIA showed to MKULTRA test subjects.

>4:41
Okay, that tone is awful. Enough of this shit.

Fuck you, guy. Whoever made this is an idiot.
>>
>>80975681
Id feel the same too if I lived in germany
>>
>>80979802
What are your thoughts on drugs? And do you take anything for your depression?
>>
I'll tell you once I've tried it for myself.
>>
>>80979695

>What other things give you PTSD in the army if you don't go into combat?

You'll find out if end up signing the contract like the rest of us did.

Until then, be less of a presumptuous cocksucker when it comes to things you don't know anything about.
>>
>>80974744
looks like I went 8 years over your suggested time

probably gonna be homeless by tonight, dont really wanna end it, but it might just be easier that way, instead of selling my laptop and ps4 for food money
>>
>>80980276
Are you listening to it through headphones in which only one side works?
When I listen to it, I feel my body being really relaxed and my mood is just calm. It's not supposed to make you feel angry.
>>
>>80980844

That tone is not happy, though.

It's depressing and ominous.
>>
Life is not worth living. Prove me wrong, pro tip you can't.
>>
File: ww3 prophecy.jpg (3 KB, 125x116) Image search: [Google]
ww3 prophecy.jpg
3 KB, 125x116
>>80974769
>A very permanent solution to what is usually temporary problems.

Permanent solutions to temporary problems are good. I'd prefer all of my solutions to be permanent every time.
>>
It's sad you only get to do it once
>>
>>80981012
It doesn't have to be happy sounding. It's the frequencies canceling with each other to reach a certain frequency that gives your brain a command. They use this shit on sick and depressed people all the time.
>>
>>80981300

>listen to ominous, anxious shit in order to become happy

No medical professional outside of a CIA torture room has ever endorsed this shit.

Why are you defending this tripe? Did you make it?
>>
>>80980496
I have over the years been prescribed and tried a few different anti depressants. I am not on any currently. I fight it now with diet and regular exercise. Yet here I am at 3 AM in the morning unable to sleep again on a week night. But this is my choice.

My personal view is for some people, short term (6months) use of anti depressants may be beneficial. Long term use is bad. (I was on them for about 5 years)

In my experience, anti-depressants truncate the top and bottom of your emotions. You lose the peaks of joy, but you are spared the depths of despair. However the outcome is you can be feeling okay in a bad circumstance or situation. For years I was on them in a shit relationship and in hindsight I should have not been on them, I should have been leaving that relationship.

In other circumstances you lose your job, your career, your hope. Your damned right you feel depressed and angry. Medication is only going to trap you there. If you don't have the emotions and if you don't listen to them, you cannot act on them. You become trapped. Condemned. Thus in my personal opinion they are over prescribed. Listen to your feelings and act on them. Eat well and exercise. This can cure your short term depression or minor life fails.

I personally despise the idea of being medicated to such a point I am okay with being used as a doormat by people around me, by society, by myself. It is not okay. Men face so many challenges in life and for the hardest hit of us to be handed tranquilizers while we are marched towards the abattoir is a disgrace of modern medicine.

Do all you can to avoid modern psychiatric medicine unless you are in serious dire straights.
>>
>>80981502
No, I'm defending it because it works for me. Anytime I'm sad, angry, or have extreme anxiety, I play stuff like this and it's gone in a few seconds.
I'm sorry that for some reason it doesn't work for you. Maybe it's the type of headphones screwing with the frequencies.
>>
>>80981774
Or EQ. One of the two or both.
>>
Coward's way out, unless it's to end suffering from old age / grave health issue.

I have familly in the country side, they all know that they will end up with a bullet in the end. Old people still have guns, they wont go through endless pain in a retirement home.
>>
>>80974203
suicide is painless, it brings on many changes
>>
>>80981774

Well, if it works for you, then keep using it.

I'd rather listen to something like this to get happy.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SwYN7mTi6HM
>>
DO IT FAGGOT
O

I
T
>>
>>80980723
Enlighten me.
>>
>>80975681
what's going on dude?
>>
>>80982079
A song about suicide?
>>
>>80975681
Maybe go to a doctor. It could be your brain just doesn't give out enough hormones or other physical shit that can alter the psyche.

And if you want to kill yourself don't jump before a train. It just annoys everyone inside the be late again
>>
>>80982224

:^)
>>
File: poohrage.gif (2 MB, 255x229) Image search: [Google]
poohrage.gif
2 MB, 255x229
>>80978458
Fuck off you dumb cunt I fucking hate yout guts.

> Never, ever feel it is too late to enjoy life.

There is such a time and you're lieing to the person saying that there isn't.

> Life is not about achievements, it's not about monetary success and how many things you get done, it's how happy you are, as cheesy as it sounds

Oooh look at the big philosopher, nice, you figured out that the purpose of life is hedonism, great. You retarded monkey. No wonder your country is falling apart, is full is mudslimes and will eat itself from the inside out. All of the greatness you had is long gone. You're the culmination of degeneration.

> Don't feel you ever need to study, get married, get a job and tick off a list to show you're a productive member of society, the only thing you need to secure are the means to do what you want.

> Don't feel like you even need to achive something in your life.

> I read a book about some guy who got rid of his depression by walking across the US over 8 months.

Woah, life figured out.

> It sounds cheesy but it genuinely works, meditate, work out.

I wish you'd catch fire.

> Just do anything to feel alive

> Eat shit

> My dad kept himself from killing himself by ignoring my Mum and wasting cash on an extremely fast motorcycle, he rode it 140mph on an empty road, and he told me he genuinely felt happy for those moments, he's 58

What a complete waste of a man. No wonder his son is even bigger of a shit than he is. Thinking about his death is really amusing, I can imagine how 'depressed' you'll feel, how his shitty bike with start collecting dust and how your mom will ask you to sell it. You fucking mongrel I hope he does tonight while shitting.

> Give up what is holding you down, reenergise and recreate that spark in your life.

Hurr durr

> There's always time.

Tell that to someone over 60.

I'll stress this again, you're a fucking idiot. You're condesending to a person that has lived way more than you off yourself faggot.
>>
>>80977007
Army here. I don't have PTSD and I can confirm Military service doesn't make life any better.
>>
>>80980496
On Non prescribed.
Marijuana made me relaxed and let me get to sleep easier, but made my nightmares and night terrors worse. I had a vivid lucid dream of being raped one night after hitting a particularly strong bong. I no longer take it.

Alcohol imbibed to the point of drunkenness will instantly pull me out of most dark moods and let me escape if only for a brief while. In the darkest of moods, I would just cry myself to sleep drunk. I abused alcohol to make me relatively functional for many years. However I've cut back significantly and been mostly dry in recent times.

Hungover I will feel better and more productive than normal. I think at this point I am still a little numb to the dark moods and feel more normal than I usually do. However it's short lived.

I have read about and been extremely curious about trying DMT. However I am deeply afraid of the many demons which haunt me and fear a bad trip so have yet to try. Perhaps if I reach a point where I am ready to go, I'll give this one a try for the sake of it.
>>
>>80982695
Dmt has a half life of ten minutes. Sounds like you have 10 minutes to spare and try it.
>>
>>80983747
I am afraid to go to sleep at night because of a few moments of sleep paralysis I may endure before I can force myself to wake up.

Ten minutes of that if it goes bad sounds absolutely horrific to me. I could experience such a trauma I lose my sanity.

Please understand my hesitation.

If I reach a point I'm convinced it's my time to check out. I may very well try the experience. But I am extremely cautious about inviting such experiences when I know my own psyche so well.
>>
>>80974203
Something we need A LOT more of. Speed up natural selection.
>>
>>80974203
Had 3 immediate family members kill themselves in a ~12 year time span.

It's really god damn rude to do it if people care about you because then they end up losing their fucking minds and going crazy because you had to puss out.
>>
here the captial T Truth...

suicide exists for a reason...

we all have free will and it matters not what any anon says on here or in real life.

We all have requirements for life for it to be worthwhile but shit happens and you lose that, wheter by your own hand or others.

nearly all health related illness or injuries that produce a suicide are fulyl justifiable and anyone who voices their opinion about it is an insecure attention whore trapped in their own delusion which is why they act out when others do it.

An example is Kurt Cobain...

the rich famous rock star... Court may have killed him, however the guy had multiple scorosis in his back for 10 years, he also had a terrible gi tract illness resulting in a very nasty results from that which degraded his worth and ego...

Its hard to want to live when you cant eat at all and when you do, you end up sick and having to fully withdraw from it... its entirely understandable why the guy did heroin.

But edgy internet fags will talk shit about things they dont know about.

We are battle our private battles, some of them are losing battles from the get go.

I would say good advice is to wait a year and if its still a daily thing, you probaly should do it.

I know I will be doing it this year... its been 6 years of this since I blew out my back at 22 before I hit my prime.

Drugs, hedonism, illusion, will not fix you... IT doesnt get better, it just gets worse.

At least be a organ donor and plan your suicide preferably with a gun so you can give someone a chance in this shit world.

try to leave this place better then you found it.

Fuck people and their opinions, they do not matter at all. They are birds sqauwking on a power line.
>>
It's degenerate in the vast majority of scenarios, however, in a perfect society suicide would mean you've realized you don't contribute enough to society and thus decided to remove yourself.

For the individual in degenerate (realistic) scenarios there is nothing wrong with suicide, they are already degenerate and they wish life to be over, why not when they think thoroughly through it?

The scum of the Earth are those who commit suicide because they want attention (accidental suicide when they tried to make it malfunction), or when they suicide over one minor thing when they would've gotten over it within a week tops.
>>
I could care less, but it is the most pathetic thing one individual could do.
>>
>>80987930
Free will does not exist, all your decisions and thoughts are based on past experienced as well as genetic makeup, neither of which you ever had any say in. All your decisions are preprogammed based on these two, additionally, the brain shows signs of activity up to ten seconds before informing your consciousness of the choice it made, meaning the brain decides everything for you and merely loops you in while pretending like you have any say.
>>
>>80974203
Do it faggot
>>
>>80974203
It takes a real man
>>
>>80974203
Probably sinful. If you're never going to begin to consider God it doesn't make a difference to go now or later though, my gaytheist friends ;)
Thread replies: 91
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.