[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why is the internet speed in America horribly slow compared to
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /pol/ - Politically Incorrect

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 3
File: internet-of-things-2.jpg (1 MB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
internet-of-things-2.jpg
1 MB, 1920x1080
Why is the internet speed in America horribly slow compared to South Korea and Japan?
>>
jews
>>
>>80960017
capitalism
i.e. unchecked greed
>>
>>80960017
because we have a shit load more land to put infrastructure in... and we did those asian countries a favor by either nuking them or having wars there and their infrastructure got destroyed so naturally its easier to rebuild something when its destroyed.
>>
>>80960292
Wrong
>>80960049
Correct
>>80960445
Wrong
>>
>>80960567
It wasn't a question. It was a statement. I'm not asking you. I'm telling you.
>>
>>80960017
i remember in early 2000's USA internet connection were so fucking lame, even when i stro ip hacked states university there never were more than 50 kb up, it was so frustrating
>>
>>80960017
>huue huuee why muh interneet slow but have many muuunnee

because your gov spent half of your GDP on "military shit" instead of "science and technology achievement"
>>
>>80960445
wow dude no wonder you have no friends
>>
>>80960017
Rural areas with third world internet bring the average down. In the cities, local monopolies inhibit competition so they aren't incentivized to increase speeds.
>>
>>80960017
As far as i recall, and it's shaky so correct me if i'm wrong about it but i saw some kind of documentary about it in the past or something like this.

Essentially they wanted to put down fiberoptic cables down, gave a lot of money to the isp's who then turned around and just spent it on something else, and then said sorry we can't afford to put it down you guys will have to wait. Basically the money WAS THERE to put down fiber and shit like this all over the US, but it wasn't spent on that. Instead they kept using adsl copper for way longer than they should and kept charging high rates for that.

So the average internet speed in the US was slower than in SOME other places, since it took longer time to upgrade due to the aforementioned and it took them a while to catch up.
>>
File: image.jpg (26 KB, 250x238) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
26 KB, 250x238
>>80960445
>naturally its easier to rebuild something when its destroyed
>>
>>80963138
I think the point was that basically they billed the american taxpayer to pay for upgrading their internet infrastructure.. TWICE. through consumer prices AND through taxpayer money, cause they just pocketed the money instead of using it on upgrading.

tl;dr corruption in the telecommunications industry on the side of the ISPs.
>>
That was basically how eventhough the US invented the internet, they lost their internet speed edge (atleast local to local, oversea lines were ofcourse fine) due to ISP corruption.
>>
http://beta.speedtest.net/result/5476586066.png

my internet isnt s-slow...
>>
>>80960049
/thread
>>
File: size disparity.jpg (31 KB, 401x319) Image search: [Google]
size disparity.jpg
31 KB, 401x319
>>80960017
>>
>>80960017
Telecommunications in America is a completely fucked up industry.

Although I hate adding more Govt, there really needs to be a Federal mandate or law that states that ISP companies must keep up with all the latest tech (create a standard) and will only use the latest tech available.
>>
>>80960017
cause USA is composed of states larger than those countries.
>>
>>80960017
Internet companies basically agreed not to compete with each other and the government subsidized them. This really fucking sucks when you consider the fact that WE FUCKING INVENTED THE GOD DAMNED FUCKING THING IN THE 70s TO FUCKING KEEP KEK THOSE FAGGOT COMMIES IN CASE WE GET NUKED
>>
>>80960017
Its caught up in my area, used to be 10 MBps now its a 1gig.
>>
>>80969012
Government is already a problem, since they allow the local monopolies so the companies have no incentive to upgrade.
Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.