[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Is the beard, a symbol of mature masculinity, now ruined because
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /pol/ - Politically Incorrect

Thread replies: 62
Thread images: 17
Is the beard, a symbol of mature masculinity, now ruined because of hipsters and nu-males?

do you grow a beard?

if you dont, what assumptions do you have when you meet someone for the 1st time and they have a beard?
>>
I have a beard but I'm actually a man, don't really care what these fags fo with their facial hair desu
>>
>someone else's decision causes an influence on me except for basic experience cause and effect value
faggot
I already know they take that beard to compensate for their lack of masculinity of compliancy with the level of it. Their beard isn't natural. It's manicured and requires thought and care. A true man grows his hair free as it grows with him, mentally.
We are the only animal whose hair grows with us as we age.
>>
>>80949104
i have a footlong beard because i literally dont give a fuck about my life and will probably end it soon 2bqfh
>>
Facial hair has *always* been repulsive, even before muslims and hipsters and Phil Robertson.
>>
>>80949104
Beard was ruined by WWI and gas mask. It pressured it out of military and society with mandatory conscription. Beard was pushed into hipster non-fits area that long ago. Though now we have shift in military model and its role (no more conscription on the West, military is no more face of society often treated as necessary evil not the best of best) and beard may actually come back with nu-males fashion. As new role models with beards appear en masse which was not the case for 100 years.
>>
>itt I'm a ching chong with no body hair
>>
>>80949104
>Is the beard, a symbol of mature masculinity

No, it is a symbol of not having something to shave it with.

Moreover finding yourself reaching to show the world that you are mature and masculine says a lot about your masculinity and maturity.
>>
File: F151222YS200.jpg (389 KB, 724x483) Image search: [Google]
F151222YS200.jpg
389 KB, 724x483
You can't beard like us!
>>
>>80949104
To respond to your question, beard is a symbol of shekels winrar.
>>
>>80949104
first reaction ?
FUCKING HIPSTER
>>
File: D0lr0PA.jpg (55 KB, 600x340) Image search: [Google]
D0lr0PA.jpg
55 KB, 600x340
>>80949104
I shaved once in my life and thought it was lame, had a beard ever since, though it was patchy for years
>>
>>80949104

I have a beard but it isn't some faggot shit like pic related.

Also I'm fucking beef'd up, not some skiny fucking twink sissy, so it actually looks nice.
>>
>>80950204
God forbid people grow beards because they like how it looks. It's just logical to assume some insecurity or character flaw.
>>
File: 1465112864509.jpg (355 KB, 767x767) Image search: [Google]
1465112864509.jpg
355 KB, 767x767
>>80949104
>a symbol of mature masculinity

The beard is part of male anatomy. Its not a symbol, or a metaphor, or a fashion statement.
>>
>>80950539
When it is more then one person, yes it follows a status quo.
>>
>>80950539
Honestly a character flaw would be less of an issue that that big of a lapse in taste.
>>
>>80949104
>The beard is part of male anatomy. Its not a symbol, or a metaphor, or a fashion statement.
This. I don't have the face for it desu.
>>
>>80950589
The use of this anatomy is a symbol, a metaphor, and fashion statement though. Hair styles were always more than just utilitarian.
>>
tfw manlet so facial would stand out even though my face looks good with it.
>>
>>80949104

This is as stupid as thinking the dumbasses trekkies who raised their kid speaking klingon as its native language somehow makes Wrath of Khan not a good movie.

If I see a nu-male with a beard, its a nu-male beard. If I see a manly-man with a beard, its a manly beard.

Besides, if the only masculine thing a nu-male can achieve is sporting a beard, well at least he is doing that one thing. I'm still waiting for the regressive left to declare beards as inherently sexist and ableist. Its no different than them denying biological reality and saying men need to sit down while peeing or they need to not "manspread". In fact, I think I have seen some rumblings in that direction on tumblr, an anti-beard movement, but it hasn't gone mainstream SJW yet.
>>
>>80949104
usually the numale bullshit is not earned solely by the beard, rather the retarded amount of product used to put a certain "look" together - like pic related, you'd think these faggots are dressing up for halloween

the beard just happens to be associated since it is commonly a prominent part of this "look"

pageantry is for faggots on parade
>>
you can still have a beard and not be a gigantic faggot

just dont style your hair, be 20 years old, have tattoos and piercings or try to dress fashionably and youll be right
>>
>>80950822
You just descripted a hipster.
>>
You are either:
> a trend-following bluepilled hipster fag seeking validation from others
> a insecure faggot who is so unconfident with a clean shaven face that you grow a scruffy beard because "muh manliness" - who is also seeking validation from others

Either be clean shaved or have a well groomed stubble, everything else is degenerate.
>>
File: image.jpg (154 KB, 750x953) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
154 KB, 750x953
>>80950749
>>
File: 1445650943073.png (88 KB, 200x196) Image search: [Google]
1445650943073.png
88 KB, 200x196
>>80950822

>have tattoos and piercings
>and youll be right
>>
Was in the army for a decade. Forced to shave everyday, now I have a beard cause idgaf enough to shave or cut my hair ever again.
>>
>>80949104
hair is an extension to the soul, a vehicle into the subconscious

which is why the majority of bearded men in paintings and portraits were depicted as well mannered and grounded on their beliefs

it's also very similar that most feminist have died hair and talk very loudly over everyone... their hearts may be in the right place, but their mind is clouded
>>
>>80949104
Because their whole gimmick is to hijack symbols. The signal everything but back none of it up.
>>
>>80949104
I've had a van dyke beard for as long as I've been able to grow one that wasn't embarrassingly patchy

It wasn't really about masculinity or fashion statements. I just needed it to hide the baby face
>>
it's expensive, uncomfortable, and takes too much time to shave.

no one tells me to shave

i really don't care.
>>
File: image.jpg (428 KB, 800x1192) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
428 KB, 800x1192
>>
>Its an Arab at the servo or chicken shop calls me 'Brother' because I have a beard and I shave my balding head episode

I got sick of that and shaved my beard but then I realised I look better with it and grew it back

Stupid muslims though
>>
>>80949942
>my opinion is fact
>>
>>
>>80950998
> a insecure faggot who is so unconfident with a clean shaven face that you grow a scruffy beard because "muh manliness" - who is also seeking validation from others

yes this is me
>>
>>80949104

>Is the beard, a symbol of mature masculinity, now ruined because of hipsters and nu-males?

Yes. But those faggots have long untidy beards.

I had a beard before all the hipsters did, but I keep it trimmed to a tidy length. Fuck the stupid hipster-jihadi beards.
>>
>>80950929
hipsters are gigantic faggots
>>
>>80949104
list of people with beards
>Muslims
>Hipster nu males
>Jews
>>
File: beardposter_lg.jpg (399 KB, 1000x1324) Image search: [Google]
beardposter_lg.jpg
399 KB, 1000x1324
>>
File: Hipster.jpg (35 KB, 327x400) Image search: [Google]
Hipster.jpg
35 KB, 327x400
>>80951422
>>
I have a beard for me is a default, because of my genetics.
It's not that I "grow a beard" it's that I "Choose not to shave".
I shouldn't have to groom myself in order to appear like another ethnicity just to make ignorant people more comfortable in their ignorance.
The belief that beards are inherently dirty is unfounded. It's like some bald weirdo saying that everyone's dirty for having hair on the top of their heads, I think we all know what the general response would be "I wash my hair you know.."
>>
following latest fashion trends is what's faggy

the whole combo that you have in your pic of nose piercing, beard, slickback, being skinnyfat, having tattoo, the shirt, the photo he is in.
the whole thing tells you that this guy is a weak bitch

obsessing over looks, and following fashion are not natural for healthy males, he should be preocupied with other more important things, like survival, financial security, instead he focuses his effort on this, and that's what tells you he's a faggot
>>
I'm just too lazy to shave
>>
>>80949104
>current year
>not shaving to reveal you aesthetic jawline

are you even a man??
>>
>>80949104
>a symbol of mature masculinity

Top delusion
>>
File: 260px-Richard_Francis_Burton_.jpg (19 KB, 260x313) Image search: [Google]
260px-Richard_Francis_Burton_.jpg
19 KB, 260x313
>>80951657
>jew
>wants me to shave
>while jews say keep beard

think im gonna keep my beard senpai
>>
>>80951540
Local legend!
>>
>>80949104

Clean shaven here. Hasn't ruined beards but when you're clean shaven and /fit/ and have a strong jawline that is more than what hipsters/nu-males can do.

"Problematic glasses" predominate in my area among those cuck scum.
>>
>>80951657
Don't you get it? Jawlets grow an 'epic, manly beard' to hide their ugly face and/or shitty jawline.
>>
File: hipsterbeard.jpg (113 KB, 1000x594) Image search: [Google]
hipsterbeard.jpg
113 KB, 1000x594
>>80949104
Hipsters, their beards and shabby clothes and failure to create new culture, are all the result of the Great Recession.

An entire generation of young 20-somethings were unable to acquire jobs, careers, cars, houses, clothes, hell music collections, hair products, proper food or grooming habits.

At some point grunge, the traditional style for societies dropouts, became overloaded, reaching critical mass as tens of millions of potential normies suddenly became surplus to requirement in 2008. But instead of a soup kitchen line, we got lines of bearded, unkempt hipsters wearing their grandparents clothing as a subconscious way of signalling that they are now unable to provide for a family or future. Fashion itself became a tool of mass social signaling, a desperate collective cry of a generation for help or pity.

The worse hipsters get, the worse the world is collectively becoming. The day they all save off those absurd beards and start wearing normal shoes is the day you know the recession has finally ended.
>>
File: 353105930.jpg (13 KB, 240x218) Image search: [Google]
353105930.jpg
13 KB, 240x218
>I'm a faggot who lets other people ruin things for me
you weren't manly to begin with, beard or without it
>>
>>80949104
It's easy enough to spot the differences between a bearded man and some limp wristed faggot.
>>
File: yPmr3K5[1].jpg (207 KB, 897x1206) Image search: [Google]
yPmr3K5[1].jpg
207 KB, 897x1206
>>80949104
>>
>>80950929
>>80951102
i was trying to describe what NOT to do you stupid foreign faggots
>>
>>80952644
That is NOT Stalin, it's an actor.
>>
>>80952402
fingol knows best.
/thread.
>>
>>80952286
Im not a hipster, but you just pointed the reason why me a my drineds joined police force/army
>>
>>80949104
I don't grow a beard because literally every dude has a beard now. It looks stupid when you have it all the time.
>>
>>80949809
this is the only reason to grow a beard
legend
>>
File: gracefully_look_george-1024x768.jpg (187 KB, 1024x768) Image search: [Google]
gracefully_look_george-1024x768.jpg
187 KB, 1024x768
There's more than 1 type of beard.

The beard in your pic is a hipster beard and I instantly dislike people with beards like it.

A beard like pic related, however, is fine.
Thread replies: 62
Thread images: 17

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.