[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Are video games one of the most major social setbacks of this
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /pol/ - Politically Incorrect

Thread replies: 56
Thread images: 8
File: 1463175259420.png (177 KB, 569x637) Image search: [Google]
1463175259420.png
177 KB, 569x637
Are video games one of the most major social setbacks of this generation?

Whenever I see a 'video game enthusiast' at 20 or older, they're always losers who need video games as escapism and an achievement simulator.

What can be done about this to make people productive and ambitious again?
>>
>>80926698
>Muh ambition
>Muh (((productivity)))

Fuck off normie
>>
>>80926698
pretty decent bait
>>
File: 1468300766623.jpg (126 KB, 720x849) Image search: [Google]
1468300766623.jpg
126 KB, 720x849
>>80926793
>playing video games while the West burns

there are a billion other productive things you could be doing that have a lasting effect on your life.
>>
>>80926698
I don't know, fix the economy and undo the stigmatization of being male and white.

Want the manchild problem to stop? Fix the problems that caused them to recede into escapism to begin with!
>>
>>80926854
how, please explain

Video games are just an achievement simulator and this saps out productivity and ambition. Both of which can be used to fix our situation.
>>
>>80926994
>Want the manchild problem to stop? Fix the problems that caused them to recede into escapism to begin with!
The problem is that the world survives on the backs of men. The more that drift into escapism, the easier it is to further the problem.

They see something wrong, and instead of wanting to change it, they just turn off their mind for a couple hours.
>>
>>80926880
But I don't care about the West, stormtard. Offers nothing for me. There's nothing good about productivity, meaningless buzzword for materialists.

Tbh I don't even play games much any more anyway
>>
File: guy-playing-video-game.jpg (2 MB, 1697x1131) Image search: [Google]
guy-playing-video-game.jpg
2 MB, 1697x1131
>>80927197
>But I don't care about the West, stormtard. Offers nothing for me.
as he types on his computer made by western technology and innovation.

As he sits in his home in a 1st world western country that offers countless conveniences.
>>
>>80926793
Loser detected

Why even come here?
>>
File: NigRig3.jpg (3 MB, 4128x2322) Image search: [Google]
NigRig3.jpg
3 MB, 4128x2322
>>80926698
Not sure if this is bait, but I'll bite:

I played vidya from like 1992-2001, from the ages of 7-16. Then, my computer became shit and I could only play CS 1.6 and Warcraft 3 RoC (Dota and Ladder 1v1s)

Didn't really care for gaming, and I had work and went to university and graduated. Got a job and shit was good and when I was 26, I saw Skyrim come out in 2011 and I just HAD to play it. Mod'd my brother's stolen X-box 360 and played the shit out of Skyrim. Played other games, but not as much.
Held down a steady job, worked out, got bitches.

Now, in 2016, I just built my new gaming rig and play games like Homeworld and Fallout 4.

I have plenty in savings, I travel and have fun.

This meme of "Gamers are losers" is fucking weak, when you subject to even a tiny bit of scrutiny. How is this any different than being an avid sports player, which I like by the way. I still kill at the gym and have other interests.

Anyway, pic is my gaming rig.

8-core AMD 4.0 Ghz
8 gigs of ram
GTX 960 1307 Mhz 4GB
>>
File: 1417715573040.jpg (18 KB, 275x253) Image search: [Google]
1417715573040.jpg
18 KB, 275x253
>>80927793
>exercises, graduated from college, and got a job like he's supposed to
>not all gamers are losers because I'm a rare exception

you want a fucking medal?
>>
>>80927896
I never said I'm a rare exception. You read that because that's your preconceived notion.

Most of not all of the people that I know that like to game are productive members of society.

Gaming is an interest like any other. Even reading fiction used to be considered a bad thing back in the day.
>>
>>80927156
I'm happily married, gainfully employed, and don't give a fuck about anyone but me and my own. The world could be going swimmingly, and I would still play video games regularly.

I could also be driving home from work, and see a woman getting gang raped on the street, and would keep on driving, despite the fact that I conceal carry. This is the future that the majority chose, so the majority can deal with the fall out. I'll take care of myself, and the people I care about. Strangers can reap what they have sowed.
>>
>>80928099
don't you have any drive to influence people or reflect an ideal?

Don't you want to be good at something that actually matters or develops you as a person?

Where is that ambition? I literally cannot comprehend why anyone doesn't have that.
>>
>>80926698
People doing things I don't like. The post
>>
>>80927790
To shitpost and laugh, this board is good fun when you don't take it seriously and ignore the angry LARPers
>>
File: 1468388310939.jpg (944 KB, 1885x1060) Image search: [Google]
1468388310939.jpg
944 KB, 1885x1060
>>80926880
Lol, like attending BLM protests, amirite?
>>
File: 1411279155867.jpg (70 KB, 960x916) Image search: [Google]
1411279155867.jpg
70 KB, 960x916
>>80928223
Dude, you're shitposting on 4chan right now. Do you even irony?

Gaming is no more useless than reading a fiction book or seeing a movie. Are you going to make threads about that as well?

Also pic related.
>>80928242
this.
>>
File: 1457968589075.png (389 KB, 461x716) Image search: [Google]
1457968589075.png
389 KB, 461x716
>>80926698
>video games are the only hobby in history that has led to men being detached from the "real world"
>>
>>80927324
I mean in terms of social values. I'd happily give up those conveniences to see the West collapse. It isn't worth saving. Sorry but us young men have no vested interest.
>>
>>80926698

Don't blame video games for the fact that jews, faggots, and women infiltrated and destroyed the hobby like they do everything.
>>
>>80926698
Yes and no
Some video games can encourage good behavior and teach valuable lessons, but most of the time people use it solely for a few hours of escapism
>>
>>80928394
>Gaming is no more useless than reading a fiction book or seeing a movie. Are you going to make threads about that as well?
movies are actually worthwhile as they are part of culture like music and art. At least good ones are. There's plenty of cash grabs.

Most all video games are just grinders where you essentially die for a few hours, earn achievements that will never ever matter, and resume living. In the end, you accomplished nothing.
>>
>>80928223
I workout, travel and learn new languages. I know 3 and I am learning French. 19K in savings, 8K in stocks. I have a bachelor's degree. I bench 205, Squat 225 and deadlift 340+.

How many fucking languages can you speak?
What's the level of university you've done?
How much can you bench/squat/deadlift?
How much do you have in stocks?

Fuck off.
>>
>>80928394
I know it's bait, but who cares?
>>80928418
I'm an old man, and know the west isn't worth saving.
>>
>>80928661
>bench 205, Squat 225 and deadlift 340+.
not even 2/3/4

quite pathetic desu

>not reading, not watching film, not learning to draw, not learning to be a god-tier chef, not learning an instrument.
>not seeking to change things and reflect what the ideal person should be

also
>travel
>hobby
what are you, a girl on a tinder profile?
>>
>>80926698
Shitposting on a Korean manfa board will save the west tho

Faggots like you are the ultimate beta cucks, improve yourself. People like games, always have
>>
>>80928801
wtf is that flag.
>>
>>80928581
> earn achievements that will never ever matter, and resume living. In the end, you accomplished nothing.
So basicly like life in general?
>>
>>80928968
Grand Duchy of Fenwick
>>
>>80929012
don't you understand that actions you do in life affect others? Don't you understand the concept of leaving behind a legacy?

so far this is what I can conclude from video game hobbyists like yourself:

>Only care about themselves
>have no sense of community
>are content to comment on a problem but don't want to risk fixing it

reminds me of solipsism where you think only you exist.
>>
>>80928661
Are you a 130 pound woman? I mean, those lifts aren't terrible but you should never, ever brag about them again. I'm mediocre, I can literally deadlift that one handed (balancing is hard, everything else is quite easy).

Second post today I wished was on /fit/
>>
>>80928783
Not the other guy, but I've been trying to learn how to draw for five years and I'm still shit-tier. In the end, even if I get gud, I'll never achieve anything of note. I might be able to eke out some money doing commissions, if I'm lucky. Why bother with hobbies like that?
>>
>>80929151
Hard to have a sense of community when that was destroyed before you were born and the earth was salted so that nothing may grow to replace it.

Try growing up being told you're wrong for being white every day. I'm old (30) and I got it, and it's only getting worse every day. I truly fear for today's white children (actually children in general, but especially white ones)
>>
>>80929161
That was part of a post showing how not all video gamers are stay-at-home losers.

Yeah, those aren't amazing lifts, but that was meant to how I'm not just a fat nerd or some shit like these /pol/tards think the average gamer to be.
>>
>>80926698

>"teeheeI can't believe you play video gaymes, ur such a loser ;^)"

you're an an anime themed image board you fucking faggot
>>
>>80929322
Actually know a lot of gamers, most are not wastes of space like these people seem to think.

Obviously that stereotype exists for a reason, and they do exist, but they're nowhere near the majority (they play 16 hours a day though, so meeting a turbovirgin is overrepresented on game servers, for example, because it's literally all they do).
>>
>>80929297
>Hard to have a sense of community when that was destroyed before you were born and the earth was salted so that nothing may grow to replace it.

yeah, why try and change it? Let's just complain about it but not lift a finger to try to fix it. Such a successful mindset.
>>
I'm getting my doctorate in biochemistry studying intermediate folding states of abeta and neurodegenerative disease related proteins, e.g. tau for AD, Ht for Huntingtons, Alphasyn for DLB/PD, while also competing in amateur boxing.

Suck my fucking balls if you have a problem with me enjoying getting baked and gaming with friends every couple of weeks. I DO need escapism. That's how I can handle a constant fucking 12h grind with no weekends.

So much virtue signalling on pol, how you should eat, how you should smoke, how you should fuck -- the irony being half you faggot manlets are a bunch of beta live at homers lol Focus on fighting kikebook and the nogs, that's what you faggots do best and the only time I'll agree with you, all this social conservatism is the reason most ppl turn away from the fucking alt right in the first place.
>>
>>80929551
Fine, show me the path enlightened one.

Otherwise I'm just gonna improve myself and look out for my own and do whatever the fuck I want until something worth investing myself in comes along.
>>
>>80927896
Since you're forming an opinion on anon as an outlier, I'm assuming you've referenced some manner of statistics or data collection?

Or are you just another sad faggot on pol, whining about how far gone the world is? lol Everyone fucking games now, even jock buddies at the boxing gym, lacross or hockey bros.... Pretty much everyone I know will play some type of game if they can afford it.

Hell, sports games alone are played by such a wide demographic, that includes athletes
>>
>>80929462
Yeah about that whole anime thing that happens around here. Why is it always the most faggoty type of anime?
>>
>>80929462
Your an an
>>
>>80929462
This flag I don't recognize has a good point. Anyway video games are pretty good and worse people than gamers exist. Find a real issue to worry about faggot op
>>
>>80929986
Hey I used to box too. High five.

And yeah, gaming is the preferred form of escapism by *far* among men, less so for women but it's still strong
>>
>>80930000
It's people trying to be ironic or disruptive to the conversation, so they pick the most irritating weeb shit they can find, consciously or subconsciously, and attach themselves to it for responses.

Their favorite being "muh original 4chan purpose", look I got linked here a couple times in those days. It wasn't great.
>>
>>80926880
Why should I work to save a society that hates me? Why should I work so the tax revenue I generate go to lazy welfare niggers?
>>
OP is the kind of person who shits on modern culture because he hates himself.
>>
vidya is extremely normal for people over 20 at this point and will continue to be so
>>
And the reason we have video games in the first place? Some money hungry busybody overachieving shitbag that wanted to drive a Mercedes. Progress is evil and 90% of people realize this but we are tormented by the 10% that honestly believe their name will adorn a history book some day. Fuck valedictorians, CEOs, Nobel prize winners, politicians and everyone else who isn't content with sunshine and idle hobbies.
>>
>>80930719
This is a strange line of thinking. Virtue signaling asshats annoy me, but, people that are truly driven to create something should totally do it.

Fuck their intentions, if you advance things you've advanced them
>>
>>80929151
Fuck the community. The community likes to fuck me. As far as a "legacy" goes, my ancestors left a legacy. The Head Nigger in Charge, BLM, Moms Demand Action, The Brady Campaign, and countless others set it on fire. I rest easy in the knowledge that I will leave nothing for them to curse, or blame for their inevitable failure.
>>
>>80930967
There is hope, anon. #blacklivessplatter in Dallas, the epic tale R2-DINDU and C4-PO (C4-POPO funnier?)
>>
>>80928661
Man they are on on /pol/ they are here to feel superior regardless of the facts.
>>
>>80932506
A lot of normies come on here just to feel better about themselves it seems
Thread replies: 56
Thread images: 8

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.