[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Should Atheist be allowed to live? After all, they are responsible
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /pol/ - Politically Incorrect

Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 65
File: 1422462167784321.png (660 KB, 1106x1012) Image search: [Google]
1422462167784321.png
660 KB, 1106x1012
Should Atheist be allowed to live?
After all, they are responsible for the rise of Islam in the west.
>>
>atheists are responsible for Muslims
>not Muslims

MIDF pls go
>>
>live
yes
>live here
no. fuck off, heathens.
>>
File: 1468247279084.gif (2 MB, 540x540) Image search: [Google]
1468247279084.gif
2 MB, 540x540
>>80873070
>atheist here

Leftists are responsible, the problem is most atheists are also leftists.
Right-wing atheism is the real redpill.

>evolution proves untermench
>science proves traps/fags are mentally ill
>no jew cuckery for Israel
>no "turn the other cheek" defeatism

There is no god, so get off your ass and form Right Wing Death Squads.
>>
File: 23c.jpg (41 KB, 680x451) Image search: [Google]
23c.jpg
41 KB, 680x451
>>
The Catholic Church/Holy See/Roman Cult/Illuminati created Islam and has been spreading it since 500AD
>>
>>80873668
>evolution proves untermench
>science proves traps/fags are mentally ill
>no jew cuckery for Israel
>no "turn the other cheek" defeatism

you can agree with all this and be christian, even the last one, and while being consistent with no special pleading.

>There is no god
prove it
>>
File: 1464212844297.jpg (10 KB, 236x235) Image search: [Google]
1464212844297.jpg
10 KB, 236x235
>being atheist
>2016 years after the Birth of Christ
>>
I feel like I just have to be an athiest. I really can't sit here and tell myself god is real.
>>
>>80873070
Muslims are responsible

And you whiny Christcucks for not having any balls. Even Buddhists are redpilled on Muzzies.
>>
File: 1468376380748.gif (2 MB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
1468376380748.gif
2 MB, 500x500
Is kekism less degenerate than atheism?
>>
>claims to be "red pilled"
>red pill is a metaphor for embracing the sometimes painful truth of reality
>still believes in comforting superstitions about talking animals and magic boats

>claims to hate jews
>literally worships a dead jew
>>
Why do you make this thread every day?
>>
>>80875647
kek isn't a religion because meme magic has been proven as true. Kekism is a science.
>>
>>80873070
Literally every single fucking church in this god damn country is pro-refugee.
Fuck you christ cucks. Fuck you and your crypto fucking kike slave religion.
Turn your other cheek some more and enjoy your leader sucking on muslim feet.

You faggots are literally a tool for jewish control. Guess where christianity was first conceived and allowed to spread? ROMAN SYNAGOUGES.
>>
>>80875740
>a dead jew
you should've finished reading the story.
i won't spoil it for you, but something happens a few days after He dies.
>>
>>80875588
Witnessed
>>
File: 1461477673081.jpg (94 KB, 526x526) Image search: [Google]
1461477673081.jpg
94 KB, 526x526
>>80874185
>Prove there is no Allah
>Prove there is no Krishna
>Prove scientology isn't real
We can't leave this door open.

Christianity brought us out of the muck and made us great, but it's influence has become a poison.

We must let it go, and evolve. Let the sub-humans continue to talk to the sky-men. Let the sand-people blow themselves up, let the poo's worship their rat-ancestors.

We are eternally bounded by our race and our blood not by our superstitions.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dnrT7yZEV-g
>>
>>80873070
>muslims responsible for atheists
>not jews

Close but no cigar.
>>
>>80874185
I believe I'm Eric the god-killing penguin.
Of course there is no evidence for him, but believing in him makes me happy and gives me purpose in life :^)
If you are able to prove your god exists, I will use the same bullshit logic and confirmation bias to prove Eric exists.
Therefore if your god exists, Eric exists by the same proof and he kills your god.

In all seriousness though why in the fuck do you require a god to live your life
>>
>>80876034
Sorry bro, but if the mother is a jew, then the child is a jew. Even if his dad was God, Jesus is still a full jew because it's matrilineal.
>>
>>80873070
>After all, they are responsible for the rise of Islam in the west.

Who was responsible for the rise of Islam in all those North African and Middle Eastern countries that were under European hegemony once?
>>
how is being atheist responsible for religious cucks
>>
>>80874185
> wat is da burden of prooooooffff

How about

And this is just a propostition

But

How about

Again just a sugjestion

How about ,ou eat shit and die cause you're no better than a fucking radical feminist ?
>>
File: christcuck_1.jpg (285 KB, 1484x1079) Image search: [Google]
christcuck_1.jpg
285 KB, 1484x1079
>>80873070
>can't even protect Constantinople from Muslims
>durr it's the athiests fault we're losing Europe
>>
>>80876102
it's not that there's no evidence for Christianity,
it's just that it's not evidence that you personally like, since you people affirm metaphysical naturalism and logical positivism/verificationism.

>why in the fuck do you require a god to live your life
i don't require it to live.
i could live a vain, ultimately pointless, self-fulfilling life without acknowledging the existence of God and Christ's sacrifice. I just choose not to.
>>
>>80876613
inb4 you respond with some william lain craig tier bullshit when I ask you for your standard of "evidence".

The pretentiousness in your post is deplorable. Die of aids.
>>
>>80876185
it was "dead", not "jew."

>>80876421
>burden of prooooooooof
pay attention to who i was replying to, it said "there is no god" not "in my personal opinion, based on the 18 or so years i've live on earth, i've not found sufficient evidence for a belief in a personal deity"
>>
File: 1467351406655.jpg (66 KB, 600x450) Image search: [Google]
1467351406655.jpg
66 KB, 600x450
>>80873070
>>
>>80876613
>i-it's YOUR fault if my "evidence" isn't sufficient to prove what I'm claiming
>>
>>80873668
have to agree here. I am culturally catholic and I loathe the abandonment of thousands of years of the best culture of europe for nothing.

Another thing: racial identity and christianity were very much overlapping. I was only the last few centuries that non whites adopted it, with a few exceptions.
>>
>>80876921
it's true though.
what we think, how we think, how we go about collecting evidence and weighing and measuring it has no bearing at all whatsoever on whether or not the thing in question actually exists or happened.

try having a conversation with a solipsist and attempting to prove that you're not just a mental construct.
>>
I`m not a radical.

I just sometimes think about killing a few people because they don`t share my unproven belief.

No, no, it`s not like the muslims. I`m a christian so I am right, and God stands behind me on this.

Gas the atheists, religious war now !
>>
File: keep-calm-and-kill-infidels-2.png (23 KB, 600x700) Image search: [Google]
keep-calm-and-kill-infidels-2.png
23 KB, 600x700
>>80873070
>Should Atheist be allowed to live?

Muslims will be the judge of that.
>>
>>80874185
>you can be Christian while ignoring the literal word of Christ
wew lad
>>
Christians are working around the clock to prevent the rise of Islam and yet there is always some
atheist do their best to cry about "muh freedoms".
In all honesty, the Islam religion needs to banned from America.
>>
>>80877246
Find me one major (i.e. not /pol/-tier) Christian movement that is currently attempting to prevent Muslim immigration into the west.
>>
>>80877246
>Christians are working around the clock to prevent the rise of Islam

Where?
>>
>>80877246
Your spiritual leader kissed their feet you diluted biased bandwagoner.

How are you people working around the clock ?
Name the party Merkel represents and perhaps, just maybe, see the irony.

To be honest, most people that say "rapefugees welcome" are Christians with actual Christian values.

I am willing to bet on my fedora and eat it too.
>>
>>80876613
Evidence is objective you donkey
Contradictory claims made in a book with no claims to legitimacy besides the ones in the book itself are meaningless
Also stop projecting about how I live my life, you can do better than that
>>80876821
There is as much evidence for god as there is for Baal or Thor. There is no reason to worship any of them.
>>
Nationalist Atheism = opposite of Islamism = Redpill
Lefty Atheism = Mental illness

seriously how can you be atheist and secular and not want to preserve the culture that made you that way in the 1st place?
>>
>>80873070
>they are responsible for the rise of Islam in the west.
No, that is your fucking pope with his black feet fetish. Now fuck off.
>>
>>80877780
"My parents told me of God. So I believe in that."

"Bluepilled ? No, I am based as fuck, believing word on word a 2000 year old book that has been rewritten countless times and a story that my parents told me."
>>
>>80877402
>>80877434
>>80877667
Every single republican candidate (major christcucks btw) had a harsh policy or two against Islam.
And of course Trump wanted to outright ban it
>>
>>80877176
We can however judge which methods of exploring "reality" work best for the "reality" we live in.

It's ironic how christians engage in tactical nihilism when trying to prove their god.

>>80877434
All the clothes and food donated to refugees by my local churches if OBVIOUSLY laced with small pox. They're not cucks or anything who had their religion judafied about 50 years ago.
>>
File: 1462217047602.jpg (113 KB, 960x617) Image search: [Google]
1462217047602.jpg
113 KB, 960x617
>>80877097
Exactly.

>Our people need a new savior.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uUyDcGSMPEQ
>>
>>80877823
How they claim to hold views based on science and reason while ignoring racial differences, concrete evidence of the harm of diversity and feminism in society is beyond me.

Retards.
>>
>>80878065
You mean those (((neocon))) puppets who were trying to rock trump's boat from the get-go and have their panties in a twist about how "divisive" his rhetoric towards muslims is?

You are so fucking delusional there is literally no point even talking to you.
>>
>>80877823
>seriously how can you be atheist and secular and not want to preserve the culture that made you that way in the 1st place?

Because by preserving his culture, he'd admit there's some validity in religion, and that's in conflict with his fundy atheism.
>>
>>80877231
pretty good summation of what i'm referring to:
http://www.gotquestions.org/turn-other-cheek.html

the defeatist/pacifistic interpretation of it that gets memed on here is silly.

>>80877780
>Evidence is objective
i guess, but my point is what QUALIFIES as evidence and its sufficiency is subjective to the individual assessing it and their epistemology.

>Contradictory claims made in a book
there are zero irreconcilable contradictions in the Bible.
before you post (((sam harris'))) group's meme with the big red arches, they've all already been dealt with here and other places in depth:
http://www.contradictingbiblecontradictions.com/

if you feel you have a real stumper though, i'd like to hear it.
>>
>>80878065
Your examples of Crusaders are neocon cuckservatives and Trump, who is literally only playing the Christian card to appeal to rednecks more?
>>
>>80877882
what a load of shit fedora tipper your love for islam knows no bounds
>>
>>80873070
Atheists hate Islam, so yes.
>>
>>80878244
and how they say they are secular, pro women rights and pro gay rights but want to import fundamentalist, sexist and homophobic cultures into theirs
>>
Leftists are responsible, not atheists you faggot.
>>
There's nothing redeeming about atheists. They have a high participation rate in subversive movements like Marxism, feminism, egalitarianism, and Nu Atheism. Their fertility rate is horrible. They actively want to destroy the Western civilization.
>>
>>80878531
>there are zero irreconcilable contradictions in the Bible.

Since you're not even capable of explaining what your standard of evidence is I certainly won't grace you with an actual contradiction just so you can claim it to be not valid based on some fucking woo you spontanously come up with.

Fuck you you piece of shit :^)
>>
>>80878427
w-why?
>>
File: RRHL2Oc.png (108 KB, 500x667) Image search: [Google]
RRHL2Oc.png
108 KB, 500x667
>>80874185
There is no god that fits the Christian description of god.

Prove Jesus was resurrected
>>
>>80873070
Lmao christfags are just as guilty as leftists for the islamic invasion of our nations. They always think we should help the poor and down trodden from those middle eastern shitholes, and many christfag charity organizations (along with entire denominations and their declared doctrines ie Lutherans) support refugees coming to our countries.

"Muh gotta help refugees. Muh jebus would've wanted it!" You christfags are fucking WEAK!
>>
>>80879033
If you don't have god as a shield from the public's scorn you literally can't have right wing views in this society without being completely demonized.
Worst case scenario for christians with right-wing beliefs? You're a religious nut. Worst case scenario for atheist with right-wing beliefs? You're a literal nazi.

You can't blame atheists entirely for the rigged system.
>>
>>80878531
>there are no """irreconcilable""" contradictions in the bible provided you do enough mental gymnastics
Wew
>>
>>80879432
I hope you Atheist realize that God does not adhere to the rules of human logic.
>>
>>80879726
Neither do magic fairies
>>
File: comfy af.jpg (45 KB, 896x672) Image search: [Google]
comfy af.jpg
45 KB, 896x672
>>80879558
>Worst case scenario for atheist with right-wing beliefs? You're a literal nazi.

Just embrace it.
>>
>>80879432

Please go read "God, Evil and Freedom" by Alvin Plantinga.
>>
Do I really have to quote that pope of yours, or post images of him kneeling to niggers?
>>
>>80879860
I do.

I'm just saying that it is a lot easier to be right-wing if you're christian since you have some kind of "excuse" for normies.
>>
>>80873070
christians in name only are the problem, they're forgiving and accepting without any of the restrictions of their religion.
>>
>>80879913
>please don't expect me to dismiss your arguments with my own words, instead accept this book recommendation as a dismissal of what you just said

piece. of. shit.
>>
>>80879913
How does that book answer the question
>Could God have created a universe with free-will but without evil?
?
>>
>>80879558
You're talking crap. Christians are constantly described as fascists, Nazis, fascist, theocratic fascists, etc. Trump is a Christian, and he's been called a fascist hundreds of times.
>>
>>80879432
>prove blahblah
nah
i'd rather attack your chart:
>does god want to prevent evil?
>then god is not good
does not necessarily follow, since God could have morally sufficient reason for permitting evil.

the 'problem of evil' is a big problem for Christianity, but only on an emotional level, not an intellectual one, every logical formulation of it fails miserably.

>>80879680
'mental gymnastics' is just a pejorative for 'critical thinking'
>>
>>80880117
No, he couldn't.
>>
>>80880148
That is true. It obviously doesn't protect you entirely from being called names.

I find it pretty dishonest to dismiss what I said entirely though. But whatever, you gotta win an argument so fuck reality ;)
>>
>>80873070
Athiesm was never meant to be mainstream. It's only a belief which should have been restricted to certain social circles.

It's been used as a tool for ages as social control to keep less degenerate religions away from Europe. Christianity is the mother religion which spawned much of western culture and it's dogma towards domestic pacifism.

It's sounds bizarre to people with an iq over 100, but there are hundreds of millions of people in the world who are just too stupid to not kill each other. Religion provides them with a mode of behavior that shuns self destructive behavior.
>>
>>80873070
Athiesm was never meant to be mainstream. It's only a belief which should have been restricted to certain social circles.

It's been used as a tool for ages as social control to keep less degenerate religions away from Europe. Christianity is the mother religion which spawned much of western culture and it's dogma towards domestic pacifism.

It's sounds bizarre to people with an iq over 100, but there are hundreds of millions of people in the world who are just too stupid to not kill each other. Religion, or only religions which base themselves on moderate amounts of pacifism, provides them with a mode of behavior that shuns self destructive tendencies of idiots.
>>
>>80879432
>That image
I love when neckbeards try to put a higher being in a box small enough for their fedora brains to handle. Very amusing.
>>
File: 1433637492521.gif (2 MB, 480x292) Image search: [Google]
1433637492521.gif
2 MB, 480x292
>>80874185
I see all these faggots in this thread not arguing the existence of God. There is no god, at least the monotheistic one that you believe in. In monotheistic religions, God is said to have unlimited power, to be all good, and to be all knowing. Would you agree?

Now think of it like this. Your god is put in a situation. If your god was powerful enough to create the world, could he create a rock he can not lift? If yes, then he can not lift it, meaning he is not all powerful, and if no, then that means he can't create something, which completely throws creationism out the window and shows again, he is not all powerful. It is also impossible for any deity to know everything. What if there was something your god didn't know about not knowing about? And if your god is all good, definitely meaning not to sin, since those are his own rules on what makes people good, he could not know everything at the same time. Your god wouldn't know what it feels like to lust over someone, to be greedy, to be wrathful, etc. because that would make him not all good.

Now, being atheist does not mean completely changing everything you think about, only faggots think like that (which unfortunately most atheists are.) I still carry belief in some of the moral teachings of Christianity because they're more logical than the retarded leftists' ideology.
>>
>>80880266
Then he is not all-powerful which goes against the narrative of the Bible which is the basis for the Christian faith.

So what's the point in reading that book?
>>
>>80880159
>dismissis basic logic as not suitable for proving god
>calls upon "critical thinking"

I'd post some more nihilism memes but you're not replying anyways you dumb piece of human trash.
>>
>>80880471
>if I just act like I'm above the other side in this argument without actually engaging with their arguments or providing some of my own I win!

piece. of. shit.
>>
>>80875740
*tip*
>>
>>80873070
I am almost completely blame athiesm as part of the as one of the greatest tools thr Frankfurt School used to try and destroy the concept of western civilization.
>>
File: Pope-kissing-feet.jpg (76 KB, 700x405) Image search: [Google]
Pope-kissing-feet.jpg
76 KB, 700x405
>>80873070
Those damn ayyythhhrrreayysts
>>
File: out of arguments.png (531 KB, 644x641) Image search: [Google]
out of arguments.png
531 KB, 644x641
>>80880636
>>
>>80875740
>Literally worships a dead jew

Someone doesn't know what the Talmud is.
>>
>>80880479
>Then he is not all-powerful

He is. You have an incorrect understanding of omnipotence. Being omnipotent means having the power to bring about anything that's not a contradiction in terms. Power extends to what's possible, not impossible. A world with free will and not evil is logically impossible.
>>
>>80879851
>Hurr durr your god is a fairy
Please stop embarrassing yourself.
>>
File: nicholas.everitt.jpg (34 KB, 200x200) Image search: [Google]
nicholas.everitt.jpg
34 KB, 200x200
>>80880476
>could god make a rock so big he can't lift it?
>could god have an unstoppable force and immovable object exist at the same time?
>could god make a square circle?
>could god create a married bachelor?
>could god toad an eleven?

"...the incapacity [of not being able to do the logically impossible] in God is no evidence that he is not omnipotent, since it involves something which is logically impossible to do."
-Nicholas Everitt, Atheist philosopher
>>
>>80880820
>hurr if you use my made up definition of things jesus wasn't actually jewish
>what king of the jews? that's just a sarcastic nickname obviously

You people are hilarious.
>>
>>80880840
>Being omnipotent means having the power to bring about anything that's not a contradiction in terms.

Who made those terms?
>>
>>80880840
This.
Free-will means you're allowed to choose to do evil things. How hard is that to understand?
>>
File: 1419255355006.jpg (75 KB, 900x900) Image search: [Google]
1419255355006.jpg
75 KB, 900x900
>>80874550
>believing in fairy tales
>2000+16 years after the invention of a fairy tale
>>
>>80881059

God's necessary and immutable nature.

Please, read the book. It's online if you're a cheapskate.
>>
>>80880840
>omipotent doesn't actually mean omnipotent
>it actually means being able to do things that are possible within our understanding of logic

>WHAAAAAAAAT?????!?!?! YOU'RE EXPECTING ME TO USE LOGIC TO PROVE GOD??? HE OPERATES OUTSIDE OF SUCH SMALL MINDED HUMAN CONCEPTS

kek
>>
File: Pope-Francis-and-Grand-Mu-012.jpg (52 KB, 620x372) Image search: [Google]
Pope-Francis-and-Grand-Mu-012.jpg
52 KB, 620x372
>>
>>80876034

Does Gandalf rise from the dead after being killed by the Balrog then meeting with Illuvatar?

Sheeeeit mang that's some Tolkien-level fantasy novel right there.

What's the fiction called again?
>>
>>80881214
>Please, read the book.

>please don't make me explain myself or people will find out I have no argument

You are still an intelectually dishonest piece of shit.
>>
Holy shit guys I'm starting to believe that majority of you aren't just trolling when they claim that they believe in god. I literally thought it was a meme.
>>
>>80874185
You are making an affirmative claim, you are the one required to produce evidence.

Atheism with strong moral background is the way of the future, not this weak cuckoldry the left spouts, and not Godfags. These will both lead to defeat.

Although, gun to my head, forced to choose one of you worthless faggot groups to side with, I would choose the godfags. But you don't need this old book of fairy tales, shed your delusions, break the mental and emotional chains.

God doesn't real
>>
>>80880630
I have other posts in the thread, krautcuck.
Also, nice strawman and ad hom combo. Why do you assume I didn't come here to shitpost anyway?
Shouldn't you be getting raped by muhammed right about now?
>>
File: 1395586464873.gif (231 KB, 200x161) Image search: [Google]
1395586464873.gif
231 KB, 200x161
>christcucks face when they learn Jews profit from bible sales
>>
File: 1468360479897.jpg (142 KB, 694x770) Image search: [Google]
1468360479897.jpg
142 KB, 694x770
>>80881089

Keep counting the years since the birth of our Saviour faggot
>>
>>80881378
Christians are currently desperately trying to attach themselves to everything alt-right in an attempt to regain relevance.

>hurr, your traditionalist viewpoints roughly align with what my church tought 100 years ago so god must be real!
>>
>>80881452
... goddammit is this true?
>>
>>80878531
>no contradictions
Except with reality and basic morality, which no you didn't invent
>earth was created in seven days
>global flood
>jews committing genocide and keeping slaves (just after the 10 commandments) need I go on?
>>
>>80881524
This
>>
>>80881419
>logical fallacies are real
>you can't use conventional logic to explain god

pick one
>>
>>80881540

Yes. Who the fuck do you think owns the manufacturing plants? Jews jew you fast, famalam. Every bible ever sold makes shekels for them, and countless goyim like you keep buying them!

HAHAHAHAHA
>>
>>80881214
>God's necessary and immutable nature.

I've read the Bible. Where in the Bible does it talk about that nature?

Can God change that nature and if not, why not? Why is he so powerless? Who created this nature that's so much more powerful than this God and how do I worship that being?
>>
>>80881042
There are jews pre Christ and jews post Christ. Which ones are you talking about? He was a king of the Christian Jews not jews as a whole, otherwise why would the Sanhedrin have had him executed?

Also

>Unironically meme posting like that makes an argument

Hope that takes care of the newfags.
>>
Every reader with 2 brain cells to rub together will see the pattern of christian "arguments" and come to the right conclusion.

I'm out of this thead. Good job digging your own graves, crypto-kikes.
>>
>>80881524
Pretty much.
>>
>>80881847
>2 brain cells

christcucks lose one of their 2 brain cells shortly after indoctrination
>>
>>80881227
You are literally trying to argue over semantics, not logical realities.
Top lel, friend. Stay mad.
>>
>>80881408
>You are making an affirmative claim,
prove it.
all i said before the post you're replying to is that atheists should get out of my country.
the guy i was quoting said "there is no god," not "i personally, in my opinion, have never seen sufficient evidence for God existing."

>you are the one required to produce evidence.
where is this law written down?
is this one of the commandments of the lord atheismo?
or is it an early 20th century meme created in austria by a bunch of jews called verificationism?
burden of proof seems more like a courtesy than a requirement.
>>
>>80881322
Okay

P1. God exists and is omnipotent, omniscient, and wholly good.
P2. God, although omnipotent, cannot create a world in which there are free human creatures and no free will.
P3. A world with free human creatures and some evil is a better world that a world without no free human creatures.
P4. God creates the best world he can.

C1. Evil exist.

Voila! P1 and C1 are consistent propositions after all!
>>
>>80881919

Why don't you just answer the fucking question, cuck?

OBJECTIVELY PRESENT OBSERVABLE EVIDENCE OF A DEITY WHICH UNQUESTIONABLY PRESENTS ITSELF AS YOUR CHRISTIAN GOD

NO FALLACIES

NO EMPTY RHETORIC

NO PARABLES

NO BIBLE QUOTES

DO IT FAGGOT
>>
>>80881722
I don't buy them, atheist & the whole bit, I'm just shocked at what all they have their fingers in
>>
File: Girls[1].png (490 KB, 449x401) Image search: [Google]
Girls[1].png
490 KB, 449x401
The kraut in this thread is so fucking buttmad. It's hilarious
>>
>>
>>
You can not prove that God doesn't exist
You can not prove that God does exist
>>
>>80882216
>can't argue
>just gonna call you mad
>memeposting

poor lad, you'll be dead before you ever wake up
>>
File: 2009-b.jpg (78 KB, 500x356) Image search: [Google]
2009-b.jpg
78 KB, 500x356
>>
>>80882044
It's a rule so that bullshit claims can't play the "lol u can't disprove it!" Card bullshit
>>
File: ANSA726378_Articolo.jpg (59 KB, 640x453) Image search: [Google]
ANSA726378_Articolo.jpg
59 KB, 640x453
>>
File: christian-muslim-dialogue.jpg (112 KB, 570x296) Image search: [Google]
christian-muslim-dialogue.jpg
112 KB, 570x296
>>
>>80882352

You can not prove that aliens exist
You can not prove that aliens do not exist

So christcucks confirmed for tinfoil hat retards
>>
File: 1442358742886.gif (3 MB, 461x461) Image search: [Google]
1442358742886.gif
3 MB, 461x461
>>80881089
>not realizing just how valuable said fairy tale was to developing civilized living
>not realizing that the true redpill is following the teachings of Jesus regardless of divinity due
>not taking the rise of atheism and ensuing fall of both morality and civility as a lesson in human psychology
>not being able to put your pride in being "right" aside for the good of the Empire
>>
>>80874185
>God exists until proven otherwise

nice fallacy fucking retard
>>
>>80882352

Prove it
>>
>>
>>80873070
>atheists are responsible for all this shit
>not jews
>>
File: religion.jpg (59 KB, 800x539) Image search: [Google]
religion.jpg
59 KB, 800x539
>>
>>80882124
Gnostic atheists are so laughable.
You can't prove the existence of a higher being. Just like you can't disprove the existence of a higher being. That's why it's called faith you fucking retard.
When will you fedora-tipping faggots understand this and fuck off back to your mom's basement? If it literally has no consequence on your life, spend your time on being euphoric doing something else.

t. agnostic theist
>>
File: ecuminism012.jpg (60 KB, 583x240) Image search: [Google]
ecuminism012.jpg
60 KB, 583x240
>>
>>80882352

It's still more rational to believe in God than to disbelieve in him, for if we believe in God and he doesn't exists, we don't lose nothing, and if we disbelieve in God and he exists, we lose everything.
>>
>>80882544

So your only 'proof' of God is that the delusion kept savages in medieval times in line?

That's it? God exists because stupid people needed a reason to behave?

There's no argument that idiots need a compulsion into civilization, but for those of us with above room temperature IQ, it's clear that from the start, religion was adapted as a control by the ruling elite. Even adopted by it, so that the proles could see their rulers shared the same faith.

We aren't in those times anymore, poor sod.
>>
>>80882770
Good job reciting Pascal's wager.

Do you pray to Mecca 5 times a day? Do you not eat beef because cows are holy? How often to you medidate to reach enlightenment?
>>
>>80882724

Look dipshit, until you can prove anything, all your claims are outright lies.

Do you understand? Faith is meaningless without a foundation to stand upon, and since God doesn't exist, you have no foundation.

No observable evidence.

No holy old guy wizard on your doorstep telling you be good or he's gonna fry your ass.

Literally nothing. You were scammed. You were fooled. You were lied to.

I know you have alot invested in this fantasy, but the first step to recovering is going cold turkey.

Christcucks are like drug addicts, they both live for feels. You're an addict, dickhead. Accept it and move forward.
>>
>>80882544
Fucking this.
>>
>>80882770
>Pascal's wager

The fact that you decided to take pascal's wager proves that you are dishonest about your own faith.

It is inauthentic. Also the word you are looking for is prudent. Not rational.
>>
File: consider the following.gif (67 KB, 457x367) Image search: [Google]
consider the following.gif
67 KB, 457x367
>>80883305
>Look dipshit, until you can prove anything, all your claims are outright lies.
this is what atheists actually believe.
>>
File: ANSA730245_Articolo.jpg (59 KB, 640x453) Image search: [Google]
ANSA730245_Articolo.jpg
59 KB, 640x453
>>
>>
>>80883373
>>80882544

It's not about right or wrong. It's about living in reality.

You're going to continue living the delusion for your own sake, and no one cares.

But objectively, facts are unchangeable. God does not exist, however much this makes you squirm like the sad little faggots you are.
>>
File: maxresdefault.jpg (71 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
71 KB, 1280x720
>>
>>80883492
>can't argue gotta meme fast

Pathetic. There's a reason you can't into reality, and you just showed us.
>>
>>80882544
>Implying the fall of Roman Civilization didn't begin with the rise of Christianity.
>>
>>
>>80883658
I'm assuming this is aimed at the Judeo-Christian God and I disagree. He's not as much of a badass as Zeus.
>inb4 someone mentions how god kills more people than zeus
Murder doesn't equate to being a badass.
>>
File: IMG_0713.jpg (3 MB, 3072x2048) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0713.jpg
3 MB, 3072x2048
>>
>>80883305
And you're addicted to shitposting and calling people cucks for seeing things differently than you do. Which is healthier? Well I don't have the "evidence" to readily answer that question, but we can probably make a pretty good guess.
Stay salty, friend.
>>
>>80873070
>After all, they are responsible for the rise of Islam in the west.

No, that's the regressive left.
>>
>>80883441
>The fact that you decided to take pascal's wager proves that you are dishonest about your own faith.

It could be true, and yet atheism is still irrational.
>>
>>80882724
Are you aware that even Dawkins is an agnostic atheist?
>>
File: universal feels.png (496 KB, 633x758) Image search: [Google]
universal feels.png
496 KB, 633x758
>>80873070
Atheists """might""" be responsible for the rise of Islam, but Mexishits crisis are definitely Christians' fault: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sanctuary_movement
>>
>>80883965
Nope it states that Yahweh is equally irrelevant to Zeus.
>>
>>80873070
Atheists are an existential threat to muslim dictators, There is no stopping this. They are fighting a loosing war. Let's hope the morality of religious people doesn't get beat as well.
Go Team Assad.
>>
>>80882544
The crux of your argument is based upon completely false pretenses. Modern science and technology was created by Christianity in Europe but in light of its inconsistencies and shortcomings.

>Religion gives us morality
Don't insult yourself. The idea that humans are wild beasts needing to be tamed is a ridiculous concept if not insulting. Our laws and our moral codes should come from a place better than some book.
>>
>>80884012
>addicting to shitposting

As long as you objectively exist to display your ignorance, I will exist to deny you your fantasy.

There's nothing healthy about living a lie.
>>
>>80884061
Just because you say it is irrational doesn't make it irrational.
>>
>>80873070
God says: whatever you wish that others would do to you, do also to them.
Would not you want to be crushed, if you attack innocents and blind people, who still can find the Savior?

So I see - don't wage war on good samaritans and do not stratle the blind ones. But enforce on others what you would enforce on yourself in the times of your blindness.

The false prophets must be crushed. So their flock at least wont entirely follow them in their rally on the broad path to death.

As for pagan degenerates - they will join when they will see the inner untainted beauty of God Lord Jesus and His truths. There is not a single reason to harm them, if they wont wage war on to what`s sacred.
>>
>>80884238

They don't want to hear it.

Civilization existed for thousands upon thousands of years before this Christ bullshit.

Math, medicine, science, astronomy, astrology, literature.

ALL PREDATE CHRISTIANITY

How can they be so ignorant of history?
>>
File: 2005.jpg (84 KB, 500x345) Image search: [Google]
2005.jpg
84 KB, 500x345
>>
>>80883785
i just felt like i was repeating myself too often in this thread.

• what we think has no bearing on what is.
• "proof" of anything doesn't exist outside of mathematics.
• what qualifies as sufficient evidence (~proof) in order for someone to accept a proposition is subjective to the individual.

>until you can prove anything, all your claims are outright lies.
doesn't really deserve anything more than a meme response
>>
File: The_Stranger_at_the_Door.jpg (2 MB, 1786x2374) Image search: [Google]
The_Stranger_at_the_Door.jpg
2 MB, 1786x2374
>abrahamic religions
ha ha ha, keep praising the weak and turning your back to the strong

go ahead, be a slave, pray to your god to fix your problems because clearly he is just a trades man, you give prayer, he gives miracles pfft youd almost think he was invented by the jews .. oh wait!
>>
File: image1390337119.jpg (206 KB, 660x495) Image search: [Google]
image1390337119.jpg
206 KB, 660x495
>>
File: AFP4239459_Articolo.jpg (49 KB, 640x453) Image search: [Google]
AFP4239459_Articolo.jpg
49 KB, 640x453
>>
File: D1000064.jpg (488 KB, 1848x1228) Image search: [Google]
D1000064.jpg
488 KB, 1848x1228
>>
File: img_2970.jpg (352 KB, 1500x1000) Image search: [Google]
img_2970.jpg
352 KB, 1500x1000
>>
>>80884877
what religion is the pointy hooded guy from?
>>
File: 1434204294698.png (229 KB, 900x900) Image search: [Google]
1434204294698.png
229 KB, 900x900
>>80882949
How the hell did you miss my argument so completely?

Where did I ever argue that God existed?

Your entire argument about proles shows that you are incapable of casting aside your pride and objectively studying the results of lands ruled by Christianity as opposed to any other religion or atheism.
Because you've been deceived is not an objective reason to deny the value of something, in fact its in many ways a betrayal of your "above room temperature IQ" argument.
Besides, I'm not going to defend the actions of the churches, in fact I specifically only spoke of the teachings of Jesus for that precise reason.

>We aren't in those times anymore, poor sod.
Have you looked around lately? Have you witnessed how quickly the left are devolving into hedonism and outright barbarism? We are at all times a single generation away from "those times".
>>
>>80884529

Stop trying to obfuscate the issue with mental gymnastics, rationalizing your individual position.

Answer me 2 questions, and be fucking honest, and this goes for anyone in this thread:

>HAVE YOU PERSONALLY WITNESSED ANY INHUMANLY DIVINE

>HAS OR HAS NOT YOUR ENTIRE LIFE BEEN FULL OF OTHER HUMANS TELLING YOU WHAT TO BELIEVE WITHOUT QUESTION

Think about those questions. I'm not trying to lead you to a conclusion, I want you to assess your own experience in life, without being led on by other human beings.
>>
>>80884061
And it is not "it could be true" it is true. Neither genuine faith nor proper logical argument are born out of the threat of eternal damnation by some mystical force
>>
>>80884206
>Yahweh is equally irrelevant to Zeus
How is Zeus irrelevant at all?
>>
>>80885292
He doesn't exist. The same with Yahweh.
>>
File: img_3016.jpg (371 KB, 1500x1000) Image search: [Google]
img_3016.jpg
371 KB, 1500x1000
>>
>>80885061

Hedonism and degeneracy have existed at all times in the past, at the height of christianity and now in the present.

Your religion did absolutely nothing to dissuade people from being sick fucks, then going to church on sunday and asking for forgiveness, rinse repeat.

I'm not defending those people, but it's pretty clear that it's human nature to find deviant behavior, in some people at least.

God or no god, hedonism will persist.

At what point did christianity EVER stop this, unless it was by brutal force, murder, torture?

If that's what you're going to stand upon, then christianity is literally no different than islam, in terms of how 'successful' they are at stopping degeneracy.

And in both cases, God never intervened or existed at all.
>>
File: img-dialogo-990x421.jpg (85 KB, 990x421) Image search: [Google]
img-dialogo-990x421.jpg
85 KB, 990x421
>>
>>80885107
>still forcing me to repeat myself
mental gymnastics is just a pejorative for critical thinking.

>HAVE YOU PERSONALLY WITNESSED ANY INHUMANLY DIVINE
existence itself.
>HAS OR HAS NOT YOUR ENTIRE LIFE BEEN FULL OF OTHER HUMANS TELLING YOU WHAT TO BELIEVE WITHOUT QUESTION
no. i was a scumbag heathen in my edgy teenage years, but i grew out of it once i actually started reading what the other side had to say, instead of just listening to what my side said the other side was saying.
there are a shitload of people on /pol/ who would benefit greatly in doing so.
i honestly think there are some people on /pol/ who think Christians worship a literal man in the clouds because all they've been exposed to are atheist youtube cartoons that portray him as such.
>>
>>80880117
are you retarded? I am an atheist and even I know that the common answer given by st augustinus is that evil is merely the absense of good
>>
File: img_8892.jpg (139 KB, 1484x962) Image search: [Google]
img_8892.jpg
139 KB, 1484x962
>>
>>80884341
I will be crushed by those who might somewhere somehow in the future find out crushing is not the thing to do.
So whether I want or not is irrelevant.
This is the whole problem with catholics. It's by far the best moral guideline, but we get killed all the time.
>>
File: 1422518809903.jpg (74 KB, 876x493) Image search: [Google]
1422518809903.jpg
74 KB, 876x493
>>
>>80885448
and that makes them irrelevant? They're more relevant than you, me, and the vast majority of people.
>>
>>80885779
>existence itself

Our existence far, FAR predates the creation of your religion.

You're aware of this, right?

Further, you don't actually have OBSERVABLE evidence, not even proof, just simple evidence, of anyone or anything claiming responsibility for creation.

Nothing. Virtually and literally no evidence beyond you looking out at the world with your OWN eyes, and immediately presuming EVERYTHING about your religion must be true.

It's mind boggling.
>>
>>80886098
They don't exist. Irrelevant.
>>
>>80884238
Honestly I addressed this well enough here >>80885061 and don't really feel the need to add anything

>>80884453
Ignorant of history? How can you honestly talk out both sides of your mouth like that if you have any knowledge of the one universal thing found in even the most ancient of advanced civilizations, religion.
Even the oldest fucking civilization in the world had snake statues, Jesus just represents the best available theological teaching to lead people in a direction that is productive rather than destructive.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Religious_views_of_Thomas_Jefferson
>>
>>80886481
You exist less than they do. In a hundred years, no one is going to remember you were ever alive; while Zeus and Yaweh will still be known by billions.
>>
>>80886481
They might exist, but that's not the question.
>>
>>80886534
>theological teachings

That's a far cry from promoting the concept of divinity and the incredible fucking stretch of fairy tale that is christianity.

Do you fully understand that teaching morality and proselytizing fantastic stories about angels and heaven and shit are two very different things?

Is that's the case, why don't the chinese revere Confucius as a God? Maybe because there's a very HUGE difference between make believe and observable reality, and along the way you faggots just starting making shit up?
>>
>>80886640
God is Kim Kardashian?
>>
>>80886218
You're wasting your time. You think it was reason that brought him to God? Then why the fuck are you trying to reason with him? You think he cares about Truth the way you do? Look at the good things Christianity brought to his life. He doesn't care.
>>
>>80886934
Obviously.
>>
>>80886218
>Our existence far, FAR predates the creation of your religion.
mindblowing revelation there, buddy.

again (AGAIN) though, you're confusing how we know, and what we know, with what is being known.
epistemology vs ontology

>not even proof
for goodness sake, man. you're like talking to a wall.

>and immediately presuming EVERYTHING about your religion must be true.
i don't know where you're getting that from.

>no evidence
the cosmological argument is good enough evidence for me.
>>
>>80886981

You're assuming religion brought him anything good. For most, it's a money sink, idol worship and a false sense of security.

I've seen preachers literally tell their followers DON'T QUESTION OUR MINISTRY, DO WHAT WE SAY BECAUSE GOD TELLS YOU TO.

or

PUT GOD BEFORE YOURSELF. GIVE US MONEY BECAUSE WE REPRESENT GOD. GOD ALWAYS COMES FIRST.

It's unbelievable, and these stupid cretin eat it up!
>>
>>80886218

No man.. again... you have to understand... these guys think like my grandmother (Bless her heart).

He think that before Jesus Christ we had no morals, no values, nothing. We were just savages killing one another. And then Jesus came and introduced morality and consciousness into our lives.

You can't win with these people. They are NOT concerned about truth. They ARE concerned about living a fulfilling life only. And if they have to lie to their kids like their parents did to them... well, that's life.
>>
>>80885669
>Hedonism and degeneracy have existed at all times in the past, at the height of christianity and now in the present.

Now you're just being retarded, seeing the past through the lens of the present, and pretending that society has always been ok with degeneracy just because it has been increasingly tolerant of it since the late 60s, reality was not kind to degenerates before the Vietnam war.
>>
>>80886934
I didn't read the /pol/ stuff but we all know that's below the belt.
>>
>>80887010
How about Confucius, Socrates, Plato?
>>
>>80887409
Those were humans.
>>
>>80887292
>reality was not kind before vietnam

See, your own bullshit bible contradicts you there. Sodom and Gomorrah?

Degeneracy has always been a part of humanity and always will be. God or no God.

You're fooling yourself to think otherwise.
>>
File: 1465869414150.gif (897 KB, 800x430) Image search: [Google]
1465869414150.gif
897 KB, 800x430
>he actually believes our universe isn't a simulation
>>
>>80887096
>a bluh bluh evidence is good enuff 4 me

Nice to know I'm speaking to an intellectual powerhouse here. Explains why you got sucked into religion so easily.
>>
>>80887356
They have to be more humble and stop spamming. For christians they are too arrogant and smug (both sins btw).
>>
>>80887463
Way more popular and significant than the thousands of deities that ever existed.
>>
>>80887597
p1: whatever begins to exist has a cause of its existence (PSR, ex nihilo nihil fit)
p2: the universe began to exist (incoherence of an infinite regression of events, impossibility of an actual infinite)
c1: therefore, the universe has a cause of its existence.

p3: the cause is either impersonal or personal (law of excluded middle)
p4: the cause of the universe is not impersonal (impersonal causes cannot alone elect to change one state of affairs to a different state of affairs)
c2: therefore, the cause of the universe is personal

characteristics of the cause:
• personal (c2)
• timeless (existed causally 'before' time)
• spaceless (existed causally 'before' space)
• unimaginably powerful (created the entire universe)

valid, i'd say sound, deductive argument with each premise more plausible than their negation.
prove me wrong.
>>
>>80887463
They were as much religious as humans.
>>
>>80879726
>special pleading

Sorry mate, dont buy it.
>>
>>80887233

>You're assuming religion brought him anything good.

I believe that he believes it does.

I am an atheist but I would recommend you read the books "The Irrational Atheist" by Vox Day and "The Devil's Delusion" by David Berlinski.

And please don't just think "Yeah... perhaps someday". No. I strongly suggest you read those books. Pdfs are available online, if you know where to look.

I sense that we atheists very rarely defy ourselves and our certainties, the same way we accuse fundamentalists of doing.

When you realize the contributions of religion to humanity, you'll lose that edge of "religion serves no other purpose than to control people".
>>
>>80886917
the theology of jesus himself and that of christianity are actually two very different things.
>>
>>80887592
We are all just pupits on a string.
https://youtu.be/7cv9NIzGmSI
>>
>>80887695
>copy pasting some delusional made up argument to support his claim
>prove someone else's mental gymnastics wrong

You didn't even present an argument for CHRIST'S sake.

The shit you pasted makes huge leaps and assumptions, and lands on IT MUST BE GOD.

Absurd. Regale us with a personal divine encounter experience, or you have NO ARGUMENT. Nothing.

I'll even accept a questionable anecdote at this point. Does God talk to you when you're alone?

>that's probably mental illness setting in
>>
>>80887858

I'm not here to be edgy or contradict that totalitarian brutal unforgiving religious control brought about a measure of control over humanity, even it was a miserable existence.

I'm simply here to argue the lack of observable evidence of divinity.

I demand SOMEONE HERE share a personal anecdote. Surely one of you religious mongs must have SOME STORY to share about how God came down and touched your nono spots or something.

I refuse to believe so many people could live so long in such delusion, without EVER pausing to ask for proof.
>>
>>80873070
>not understanding that accepting Islam into our culture makes it more moderate.
>>
>>80886534
You are actually teeming to the mouth with logical fallacies that I am convinced you have no idea what it means to make a proper argument that is properly constructed.

Let me be the first to introduce you to the concept of correlation does not imply causation. You may have heard it in reference to statistics, but that is not the end of this very far reaching statement.

Correlation does not imply causation.

The most advanced civilizations of history.

I'll list a few.
Ming China
Mughal India
Post-enlightened Europe
Europe during the Industrial Revolution
The Roman Empire

You claim that all these civilizations have one thing in common and that is religion.

Okay.

This is true. No one is denying this. But you have truncated your implication that because they had organized religion in their societies that they were technological sophisticated. You didn't at all mention the fact that these were societies with... millions of economic individuals who were looking to improve their way of life. You didn't at all mention that these were societies with rulers who wanted to win wars and found that science and technology was extremely important to victory (see Frederick the Great and the Prussian Academy of Sciences)

Actually, there are thousands of factors that contribute to why these civilizations became so advanced during their history. Even things like climate and geography.

But you are implying that it was religion. And for Europe. It was Christianity that was in fact the reason why civilizations have prospered.

This is false on many levels the most bothersome to me is on a logical level. It is logical fallacious and I know you are so dense as to reject me and what I am saying completely but nevertheless I will say it. Please for the sake of your own dignity cease to make fallacious arguments.

>cont.
>>
>>80888073
>You didn't even present an argument for CHRIST'S sake.
it's literally an argument. a syllogism.

>someone else's
it's copy pasted, yeah, but i wrote that out originally, it's my own formulation of the KCA.

>The shit you pasted makes huge leaps and assumptions
like what?

>Regale us with a personal divine encounter experience, or you have NO ARGUMENT
but, that's retarded.
just because i've personally never experienced or witnessed something doesn't mean that the something in question never happened or exists.
>>
>>80888073
Thanks for actually reading that post and make sense of it.
>>
>>80886534
>>80888583

On historical grounds it is even more so false.
Christianity is the very antithesis of systematic deducation based upon evidence and rejects completely the epistemological grounds of which science is based upon.

The success of Europe and the so-called Christian lands (although it is not only true as "success" was only limited to a few West European countries. It was not even true of countries like Italy and Central Europe which were deeply Christian) was not because of Christianity but because the wise few individuals of this continent got sick of Christian and Clergy nonsense.
>>
>>80879913
> read an entire book instead of me giving an argument

Go fuck yourself.
>>
>>80888543
>accept islam or my friend here will kill you
>>
>>80887695
Nice try, anon, but nu-atheists don't believe in philosophy or logical deductions that don't rely on empirical evidence.
>>
File: 1467017230111.jpg (15 KB, 236x176) Image search: [Google]
1467017230111.jpg
15 KB, 236x176
>>80873070
No. They will be thrown into the fire with the rest of the heretics.
>>
>>80888543
Islam is bullshit, you people should have fought this war like 200 years ago.
>>
>>80887482
>Sodom and Gomorrah
>Literally Biblical tools used to teach followers of Christianity about the dangers of degeneracy
You're really reducing yourself to a semantic argument over my timeframe? That example literally predates Jesus and comes from a time where Christianity didn't exist. Furthermore, based on how you've approached your argument to now its as if you think degeneracy existing at all is the same thing as it overwhelming society, that's pathetically simplistic.
>>
>>80888596

So even without ANY observable personal experience, you are willing to devote a lifetime of faith to a religion that cannot support its own claims?

Would have been born into Islam, do you believe that you would be a devout Muslim now, instead of a Christian?

Do you understand my dilemma now?

Under different circumstances, you would be singing the praises of XENU, because whatever fantasy was first introduced to you, you were and are willing to make excuses for.

Do you fully understand the implication of what I just said? You are a willing puppet.
>>
>>80888634
>Christianity is the very antithesis of systematic deducation
what's "deducation?"

>and rejects completely the epistemological grounds of which science is based upon.
we have to, because methodological naturalism presupposes the non-existence of the supernatural.
>>
>>80889031

Sodom and Gomorrah both existed in the bible, so it's a relevant parable for you.

Further, it exemplifies how high civilization existed, and you already agreed to this, in the distant past predating Christianity.

Just as now, high civilization exists and DESPITE Christianity, hedonism still exists!

Religion DID NOTHING at all to prevent it!
>>
>>80884238
>The idea that humans are wild beasts needing to be tamed is a ridiculous concept if not insulting.

Open your eyes to the world enough to see it for what it is. Degeneracy without religion runs rampant. Atheism breeds the age of anything goes. Pedophilia acceptance is on the rise. There are more faggots than ever. Mental illness is accepted as normal. Our children are taught about LGBT shit in kindergarten now, how long until Pedophilia is taught to our kindergarterners?

People are disgusting without a guiding light. Look at our television and pornography. Look at our films. Look at modern art, and literature.

There is no beauty in the majority of the west anymore
>>
>>80889045
>So even without ANY observable personal experience, you are willing to believe X
yes, for the same reason i believe hawaii exists, even though i'd never been there.
or for the same reason you believe that you're replying to a real person, and that 4chan isn't just a turing test.

>Would have been born into Islam, do you believe that you would be a devout Muslim now, instead of a Christian?
hell if i know. i'm glad i wasn't though.
if i were born 3000 years ago i wouldn't know that the moon isn't made out of cheese, but that has no bearing on what the moon is made out of.

>Do you understand my dilemma now?
yes, you have a really difficult time understanding the gap between the methodological (how we know) and the metaphysical (what is)
>>
>>80889790
>believe hawaii exists

Yet at any time you have the option of going there, viewing live feed of hawaii, asking people who've been to hawaii.

Got any video of heaven or hell, that isn't some fantastical made up bullshit created by fear mongering bible thumpers?

NEXT
>>
>>80889127
Is this some sort of argument against the fact that modern science is responsible for the success of a few Western European countries to dominate the entire world against all others factors?

>What is deduction?
Look it up. You think you are going stump my entire argument and that I'm collapse because you are clever and can ask me to define my terms?

>because we have to
What are you trying to prove? That science is epistemological inferior to faith and organized religion because of methodological naturalism? I'm not here to lecture you on the philosophical basis of science. You can look that up yourself. What I am saying is that Christianity is not responsible for the success of a few Western European countries to dominate the world above all other factors but because Western European countries were the first countries to fully embrace science as a tool to improve and enhance civilization.

What is also true is that Britain, France Germany the three most successful European countries were the first few countries to become secular countries eliminating the Clergy and Christian influences from their governments. The idea that Christianity has helped these countries dominate the world is laughable at best.
>>
>>80890045
>Yet at any time you have the option of going there, viewing live feed of hawaii, asking people who've been to hawaii.
right, just like at any time, you have the option of believing in Christ, living a good Christian life, dying, and seeing what happens.
for SCIENCE! ! !
>>
>>80890292

The difference being that none of what you just compared hawaii to actually exists.

Should I be allowed to run around the street and kill black people (orcs) because Gandalf gave me the moral imperative to do so?

IT'S MY RELIGIOUS RIGHT!
>>
>235 replies
Atheist should definitely be killed
>>
>>80889702
>DOOD LOOK. I AM MORE ENLIGHTENED THAN YOU BECAUSE I CHOOSE TO WATCH CNN ALL DAY AND THINK THAT THIS IS A TRUE REPRESENTATION OF REALITY XDD!!!

Again. You have no idea what morality even is. You think the pinnacle of morality is through sexual conservatism. You think, that if we gave up porn, we stopped being gay, etc.. that we would be a moral society.

That if things just became like Victorian society it would be fine. You are a tragic cause and I don't need to tell you how obscenely ridiculous it sounds.

Religion and morality are not synonymous. Morality does not depend upon religion although for some this is "an almost automatic assumption". According to The Westminster Dictionary of Christian Ethics, religion and morality "are to be defined differently and have no definitional connections with each other. Conceptually and in principle, morality and a religious value system are two distinct kinds of value systems or action guides."
>>
File: slide_2.jpg (98 KB, 960x720) Image search: [Google]
slide_2.jpg
98 KB, 960x720
>>
>>
>>80890876
>ISLAM,JUDAISM, and CHRISTIANITY ARE THE SAME THING
Have you read the Bible or the Qur'an?
>>
>>80889031
You are confusing personal liberties with an excuse to go execute some people. Typical protestant/jew.
>>
>>80891104
No shit Sherlock
>>
>>80890174
>deducation is actually a real word
well, shit. you win this round.
fuckin' scrabble master.

>Is this some sort of argument against the fact that modern science is responsible for the success of a few Western European countries to dominate the entire world against all others factors?
no, i really don't care about the utility angle of religion/christianity.
truth is truth regardless of whether or not it's convenient.

>That science is epistemological inferior to faith and organized religion because of methodological naturalism?
no. 'faith and organized religion' aren't epistemic methodologies anyway.
i was just pointing out why we wouldn't cripple ourselves by only using methodological naturalism, and implying that it's circular to approach the question of whether or not God exists with it too.
>>
>>80890876
It's feudalism really. Kings, Queens and Guillotines. I don't mind the Da Joo, it was the original incarnation and not that you can blame the rest for copying the social structure.

Why not just chuck the sky fairies into the trash and serfs who want to live under neo-feudalism can go do that and leave the atheists and Pagans alone to live the one short life we all have in peace from the cultists?
>>
>>80873668
>leftists are responsible
>90% of atheists are leftists

see the problem burger?
>>
>>80891693
Eventually all gods will be abandoned. It's the way of progress.
>>
>>80891625
>No I really don't care about the utility
Well good for you. I don't see how I should cater to your preferences though.

I was speaking about a very specific topic and that I was referring to another anon's grossly false claim that organized religion is the reason that civilizations are advanced as they are.

Maybe you haven't read the thread, maybe you are selfish and you think everything I type should be tailored to your needs; I really don't know or care.

>I was just pointing out

No you aren't. Science has chosen to use a specific subset of epistemic methodologies to learn about nature. Religion has chosen another.

This not a discussion on the origins of scientific knowledge or religion knowledge. We are talking specifically about the the utility both areas have provided to civilization.
>>
Stop making these threads.
>>
>>80873901
>the christian created a religion just to lose every christian kingdoms in middle east including the holy land
>>
>>80889045
That's how culture works, you technocrat dimwit.
>>
>>80892340
>>80891625

Cut off for some reason.

And your criticism of methodological naturalism is something that scientists are well aware of and understood. You aren't the first person to say "well how can you claim to understand the universe if you can't explain the supernatural".

The idea of God or the supernatural is outside the lens of science. Science does not care about God nor does it have an answer to God. Anyone who says otherwise is wrong.

Science is based upon the ideas of the scientific method of which evidence must be empirical, repeatable and reproducible and most importantly falsifiable.
>>
>>80888634
>>80888583
>Very obvious positive correlation exists between religiosity and advanced civilizations
>Despite that you're completely wrong because other factors also exist
You're right, a lot of factors go into success, but you're committing the exact dishonesty you're accusing me of by implying that because those factors may also be relevant religion automatically is not.

Success has never been logical, so I can see how you'd hold disdain for the illogical when looking for answers, but it is a very powerful unifying, encouraging, and motivating factor to bring people and armies under your control. Like I stated in the previous argument, just because you've found out that churches may have lied doesn't mean that you can discount the value of religion in these things.
And where do you get that Italy was a failure? It was a major mover in science up until the past few hundred years. In fact, where have you made an actual quantifiable argument against it other than repeatedly asserting that these things happened in spite of religion without providing any actual evidence of them occurring without it?
>>
>>80892914

Is truth necessarily scientific?
>>
>>80873070
I even think moslims have more right to live then atheists.
Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 65

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.