[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What happened?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /pol/ - Politically Incorrect

Thread replies: 36
Thread images: 7
File: colbert.jpg (99 KB, 1401x788) Image search: [Google]
colbert.jpg
99 KB, 1401x788
I remember he used to be a genuinly funny guy. Always laughed at his jokes, his rethoric and his criticism of power. He and Jon Stewart really were a power-couple.

But every time I watch any episode of his newest show, I never laugh, and I don't even grin. His jokes are so cheap and unoriginal at this point that I cringe just seeing his face. I really miss the old Colbert.

Am I just delusional here or did he actually change?
>>
>>80871286
No, he's always been an unfunny cuck. You just grew up.
>>
>>80871286
Colbert was funny because he was parodying Bill O'Reilly, but it came off as almost serious, and therefore enjoyable.

He's now simply being himself, which is a bland milquetoast liberal, and there's nothing unique or engaging about that personality.
>>
>>80871286
most likely new writers. i noticed a huge difference too.
>>
He truly fucking sucks. Do you have to watch him online or do they play his show on television?
>>
He was a good satirist, but made for a lousy pundit. Just because you're a good critic doesn't mean you can do the same shit as the people you criticise.
>>
Maybe because he's trying to appeal to liberal Pokemon go playing degenerates.
>>
>>80871286
I never liked him. Maybe you just had shit taste and finally grew up a bit.
>>
File: 300px-Truthiness.png (105 KB, 300x222) Image search: [Google]
300px-Truthiness.png
105 KB, 300x222
>>80871599
Also a switch in writers likely made a huge differance.

In retrospect some of the shit he said could have only been funny to teenage me and is pretty cringy. All the same I saw him live when he went to Vancouver.
>>
The GOPe lost the culture war so brutally that making fun of it now is like taking the piss out of a emaciated parkinsons patient
>>
File: 1468430204952.png (396 KB, 640x480) Image search: [Google]
1468430204952.png
396 KB, 640x480
Has he ever done a segment lambasting Hillary? Or is he open about his blatant shilling? if
>>
>>80871554
Agreed.

The act was most amusing when it was heavily satirical, enough to cause the audience to stumble and question whether it was sincere.
>>
His roast of Chevy Chase was the only time he made me laugh
>>
>>80871956
The mainsteam left wing pundits have been afraid to take shots at both Hilary and the Bernster. I'm not really sure if it's personal bias, pragmatism and wanting to increase the odds of hilary appearing on the show, or orders from the top down.
>>
>>80871956
No, Colbert does not have a death wish

It's safer to shit on the fat headed idiot that is hated by his own party
>>
File: 1468384418445.jpg (113 KB, 335x305) Image search: [Google]
1468384418445.jpg
113 KB, 335x305
>>80872221
He's even mocked Bernie. But when you Google "Colbert hillary" all you get is "super cheery interviews I'm with her :)"
>>
>>80871286
Humor is about honesty.
Defending leftist dogma depends on painfully obvious lying.
He was "funny" when he was pointing out obvious contradictions in the Bush administration. Ditto Stewart.
>>
>>80871286
His satire of Fox News was funny, especially since he never broke character. In real life he's not only a shitlib, but a boring one.
>even le current year man is funnier than Colbert now
>>
>>80871286
Mainstream tv. Bill Maher is an ass but it's good.
>>
>>80871286
What a difference a team of writers can make.
>>
>>80871286
On Comedy Central he didn't swing to far left & CUÇKED all the time.

Now he's a full blown swede cuçk & no one watches him anymore.

Kimmel is most based, but his writers blow ass. Fallon's writers are better most the time but that nigga ain't cool like Kimmel.
Kimmel is almost /pol/ type
>>
>>80872664
Le current year man can at least put together a coherant piece. His episode on the Canadian Election was actually probably the best single bit about the election that anybody made on the left or right. Skipping to his section on weedman

https://youtu.be/0V5ckcTSYu8?t=4m22s

I was fucking outstanded how bad Colberts show was. I was also outstanded at how bad John Olivers show was, but of all the left wing pundits he remains at the top of the shitheap.

Not that I watch any pundits these days.
>>
>>80874059
I'm 29, and not once in my life have I ever laughed at a fucking thing Jimmy Fallon has said or done. I have no idea why this unfunny neuter has a show, let alone the show he has. Is there some kind of ((())) connection involved here, or what?
>>
>>80872452
Humor is about dealing with your hatred and pain anon. A lot of folks just simply stopped being funny once Bush stepped down because there simply wasn't as much for a left leaning dude to be angry about.
>>
>>80874621
Girls find him attractive so that explains a lot of it. I think in a way he's like the male comedian version of Jennifer Love Huge-tits (where all women hate her and her only redeeming feature is that all men want to fuck her).
>>
>>80871286
They were both funny when Bush was ruining the country and their biases were accidentally true.

They both got a lot less funny when their own people took power and somehow everything was still the Republicans' fault.
>>
>>80871286
10 years ago, his jokes were tongue-in-cheek, he knew his public would understand innuendo, metaphors and references.
Now, it's very first-degree junior-high schooler sarcasm; always made to be very easy to understant.

My guess : he saw the switch in demographic of his show. They probably have tons of data, he realized his audience aren't geeky young males but hipster teenage females; so he lowered the level of his humor.

I'm pretty sure he doesn't enjoy doing his show now.
>>
>>80874621
His whole schtick is just laughing. Oh this is so funny I just have to laugh, maybe at myself, maybe at someone else.

He probably takes it up the butt from bigwigs too, or gives them excellent blowjobs.

Maybe both.
>>
>>80876246
Seems to look that way. Could explain why he's a raging alcoholic.
>>
>>80874621
Same age as me but I do find fallon funny sometimes. Usually when he's doing a character skit or an interview with an old SNL cast member it's pretty funny. It seems raw like he is just genuinely having a moment with a friend.
Also infectious laughter. Also he has the best ariana grande interviews/skits.
>>
File: image.jpg (181 KB, 574x574) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
181 KB, 574x574
>>80874998
This
>>80876246
THIS THIS THIS

>>80874621
/b/ased senpai I'm only 1/2 a year younger than you.

IMHO, I truly thought he was sharp, funny, & -realy nailed- **a lot** of his SNL live & pre tape bits.

But outside of that yes IMO his show for the most part realy blows.
His writers can write some good shit sometimes but yea, I hate that shit where they just keep laughing at each other & themselves nonstop.
It's humor for newborns & mentally handicapped.
Not much intelligence or humor.

Kimmel you tell is a real ass funny bro but his show is lacking often.
Man show ruled hard though.
>>
>>80871286
Lemmy tell you why, Sven. You might want to sit down.

"Colbert Report" Colbert was a brilliantly crafted and fleshed out character that evolved over the years in reaction to national and world events. His material was neverending, and Colbert as a character and host transcended political commentary and comedy in ways even Jon Stewart could not.

"Late Show" Stephen Colbert does not have the gravitas of his consertative alter ego, and his fans will not allow him to transcend poltical comedy to a more mass-appeal*, network-friendly level. They *want* him to be a political comic, which goes against the role traditionally played by late night talk show hosts. Cbs wants a little bit of both in order to pull his old viewers and attract new ones. But it aint happening.

>*which is certainly not to say that The Colbert Report didnt have Mass Appeal because it obviously did.
>>
>>80871956
Yeah just the other night. He did a segment where he pretended to try covering for Hillary then said "fuck it" and did a stupid slam poetry thing where he called her untrustworthy but still said she's going to beat trump. Its called "taking the gloves off" I think, if you wanna look it up.
>>
File: The Late Reich With Jimmy Fallon.jpg (798 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
The Late Reich With Jimmy Fallon.jpg
798 KB, 1920x1080
>>80874621
Me neither, anon.

Truly these are dark times
>>
File: image.jpg (4 MB, 3544x5890) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
4 MB, 3544x5890
Somehow no one is funny who attempts stumping.
>>
>>80871286
>new writers
>"Late Night Talk Show" format

He's talented but that whole thing is a fucking disaster. The worst part is they constantly have that fuckhead Jean Baptiste mic'd while Stephen does his monologue. So on top of the canned audience laughter, I'm hearing this one nigger hee and haw at everything and make awkward as fuck quips and comments in my ear.

Colbert Report was great, but I had to stop watching this new shit.
Thread replies: 36
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.