[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Alright /pol/, lolbertarian here. Would it be theoretically possible
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /pol/ - Politically Incorrect

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 6
File: 1450312469968.png (28 KB, 1560x738) Image search: [Google]
1450312469968.png
28 KB, 1560x738
Alright /pol/, lolbertarian here.
Would it be theoretically possible to get a large group of people together (in the tens of thousands), buy a remote, uninhabited land and found a country with minimalist governance?
-no welfare
-highly armed populace
-very low taxes
-freedom to live one's life as they see fit as long as they don't harm others
>>
File: 1464124901615.jpg (12 KB, 320x320) Image search: [Google]
1464124901615.jpg
12 KB, 320x320
liberland?
>>
>libertarians will go to the lengths of buying their own country just so they can finally be free of roads
>>
File: cucky.png (160 KB, 368x560) Image search: [Google]
cucky.png
160 KB, 368x560
>Liberal here
>>
File: gondola pancakes.png (751 KB, 800x536) Image search: [Google]
gondola pancakes.png
751 KB, 800x536
>>80868503
Really just depends on if you can
- find somebody to sell all of that land
- get enough people to join you
and if the media doesnt tear you apart for trying to make a new raycis rhodesia.
>>
Technically possible? Yes. Extremely unlikely regardless of money. Sea Land was a very rare exception born out of a fuck up on a governments part.

You can own tens of thousands of acres for a few million dollars. The real issue is, the government that land "belongs to" isnt going to let it go no matter what the money involved is. Even small sea level islands in the Pacific arent going to be "sold" as an independent country
>>
File: 1367183652120.jpg (10 KB, 226x146) Image search: [Google]
1367183652120.jpg
10 KB, 226x146
>>80868503

>import/export
>tariffs
>visa/passports
>jobs
>resources
>>
>>80868503
>remote island
>minimalist governance
>population armed to the teeth

so there is literaly nothing stopping me from shooting you and your kids, raping your wife, living in the home you've build and leaching off the fruits of your time and effort?

seems like a good idea to me
>>
>>80869992
>so there is literaly nothing stopping me from shooting you and your kids, raping your wife, living in the home you've build and leaching off the fruits of your time and effort?

Whats stopping the friends and neighbors of said victims from doling out justice?
>>
>>80868753
https://de.wikipedia.org/wiki/Libertarismus
>>80869283
If the island were to be bought and independence claimed by the inhabitants, what's some shitty Southeast Asian country gonna do about it?
>>80869992
Ideally, it would be a civilized population with mutual respect for life, liberty, and property (i.e.majority white)
>>
>>80870357
>If the island were to be bought and independence claimed by the inhabitants, what's some shitty Southeast Asian country gonna do about it?

Land a small military unit on the island and take it back? FFS even a tiny country like Fiji could retake an island from say 500 armed attackers.

And thats only if you dont piss someone off who has an actual military. If that were the case your island would be made an example of far and beyond simply retaking it.

Lets also not forget we are talking about a sea level island here with zero value to a government. If you have a natural resource anywhere near you... you will be van'ed before you even amass weapons
>>
File: 1465108204973.png (211 KB, 2000x1333) Image search: [Google]
1465108204973.png
211 KB, 2000x1333
What is self defense, you worthless yuropeen fuck?

Trying something like that is likely to get you killed.
>>
>>80870892
>from say 500 armed attackers
So about how many would you need
>If you have a natural resource anywhere near you... you will be van'ed before you even amass weapons
In terms of resources, I'm thinking an economy primarily based on agriculture and technological exports (manufacturing computer parts, having call centers, etc.)
Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.