[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Is this movie an accurate portrayal of what happened
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /pol/ - Politically Incorrect

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 2
File: The_Big_Short_teaser_poster.jpg (91 KB, 250x390) Image search: [Google]
The_Big_Short_teaser_poster.jpg
91 KB, 250x390
Is this movie an accurate portrayal of what happened
>>
File: 1467308170695.jpg (364 KB, 1500x1000) Image search: [Google]
1467308170695.jpg
364 KB, 1500x1000
The most ridiculous part of this movie is that guys who worked for Deutsche and Goldman used the term "big banks."
>>
>>80851629
Watched half of it seemed accurate enough.
>>
>>80851629

Read the book instead.
>>
Seemed pretty legit
>>
Is accurate.

The us will go through it a second time though.
Didn't learn from the past.
>>
>>80851871
>>80851923
So the jews in Hollywood actually allowed a movie that shows the truth?
>>
>>80852043
Why did hardly anyone see it coming
>>
>>80852376
Thought that the System is too big to Crash.
Unfortunately hey had built it on debts.
>>
>>80852376
Because it's really difficult to analyze the countless derivatives every which way to figure out someone's net position, and figure out which securities have been packaged into what. The only reason the protagonist found out was that he literally went through the thousands of individual mortgages making up one bond in one CDO and realised that a ton of them were behind on payments.
>>
>>80853270

>Because it's really difficult to analyze the countless derivatives every which way to figure out someone's net position

>Because it's really difficult for someone with my low IQ to analyze the countless derivatives every which way to figure out someone's net position

fify
>>
>>80851629
Yes. Globalists are that disgusting.

>>80852068
They put in some progressive notches to appease liberals. The Carell character went on about how the crash would cause fascism and the other shallow liberal retoric.
>>
>>80853401
Did you read the book? Some of the biggest banks in the world didn't realise that some of their traders were massively overleveraged because of all the Enron-level accounting going on. Although my other point (fucking infinitely nested and self-referential securities) was the main reason.
>>
>>80853871
How long had it been building up to this point
Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.