[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Taiwan rejects South China Sea ruling, says will deploy another
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /pol/ - Politically Incorrect

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 3
http://www.straitstimes.com/asia/east-asia/taiwan-rejects-south-china-sea-ruling-says-will-deploy-another-navy-vessel-to-itu-aba

>TAIPEI - Taiwan said on Tuesday (July 12) that it will never accept a ruling by a UN-backed arbitral tribunal that Taiping island and other features in the Spratly archipelago are "rocks" that are not entitled to a 200-nautical mile exclusive economic zone.

>Its navy also said it will deploy another coast guard vessel on Wednesday to Taiwan-controlled Taiping - also known as Itu Aba - to patrol its surrounding waters. The navy had deployed a 2,000-tonne coast guard vessel on Sunday to the island.

yfw World War: Asia edition starts begins all these retarded countries are fighting over rocks.
>>
>>80841774
First it's this island, a half hour later it's the Philippines because they're still hungry for power.
>>
File: jpdo2.jpg (219 KB, 812x641) Image search: [Google]
jpdo2.jpg
219 KB, 812x641
>>80841774

>Nip agree with Hague saying Taiping isn't an island.
>Claim Okinotorishima is an island

U wot m8?
>>
>>80842171
ALL these countries are retarded.

I'd be surprised if they aren't all purposely sinking superstructures under the sea in a chain then waiting for reefs to appear so they can claim they are islands as well.
>>
>>80841774
this looks like a former low-tide elevation / reef that has been turned into an island by the process of land reclamation.
At this point in time, such islands don’t have any maritime rights (you can’t assign territorial zone / contiguous zone, or EEZ around it). The problem is, in 20, 50 or 100 years, if those islands still exist, someone will claim the historic continuity and the island will get its rights sooner or later.
>>
>>80842591

Nope
-http://thediplomat.com/2016/07/5-takeaways-a-closer-look-at-the-historic-south-china-sea-arbitration-award/
-http://edition.cnn.com/2016/03/26/asia/taiwan-south-china-sea/
-https://amti.csis.org/exploring-itu-aba-virtual-tour-south-china-sea-islet/#18742B6F-9FDC-6796-708C-81616F0B542C

Taiping is class as the largest natural land mass compare to all of the others, we did not do any land reclamation. we have been here since 1956.
Go compare the island photo now to the one's in 1960s.
>>
>>80841774
>tfw the ruling is pushing Taiwan and China closer and damages Vietnamese and Japanese claims against China
I hope the flips got what they wanted.
>>
>>80843605
Putting the soulless chinks in their place is always a worthwhile endeavor.
>>
File: 2980926069_a427b1339f.jpg (122 KB, 500x334) Image search: [Google]
2980926069_a427b1339f.jpg
122 KB, 500x334
>>80843397
old pic of taiping.
i guess you wanted more sea
>>
Bump for important topic that could lead to a Pacific war
>>
>>80844819

Yeah very funny Ivan
Why don't you put down that vodka bottle and go to bad?
Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.