[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Is global warming man-made or natural? >inb4 'hurr durr
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /pol/ - Politically Incorrect

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 4
Is global warming man-made or natural?

>inb4 'hurr durr global warming isn't real'
>>
>>80836611
both
>>
>memes that went too far

http://blogs.spectator.co.uk/2016/02/the-global-warming-hiatus-is-real-so-why-dont-we-hear-about-it/
>>
>>80836655
Is man-made global warming a threat to our civilization?
>>
>>80836777
Depends on which side you are on.
Objectively there is nothing wrong with trying to reduce our emission. The problem lies in the part where people use it to force change in an area where they could not have influence without the global warming card.
>>
>>80836611
Why no data since the late 90s anon?
>>
>>80837375
>>80836729
>>
>>80836777
Our civilization is built upon us consuming junk as fast as we can and not giving a shit.

So no, man made environmental damage isn't a threat to our civilization, its the basis for our civilization.
>>
File: Rewriting Temperature Records.gif (90 KB, 640x480) Image search: [Google]
Rewriting Temperature Records.gif
90 KB, 640x480
>>80836611
>Is global warming man-made or natural?
We don't know to what degree, if any, humans affect global temperature averages. In fact, we have a better idea to what degree humans affect global temperature records.
>>
>>80836611

That's a big scary looking chart, but if you pull back look at it from afar its basically just a straight line. Also, what would you expect the temperature to do after a mini ice age ends?

I don't think its any coincidence that the same people who are so pro- Global Warming are the same people who insist that there are more than two genders.
>>
>>80836655
fpbp

Humanity is having a significant effect on the environment but it's being exaggerated. Every natural shift in the environment is blamed on global warming without exception. There's a lot of money in the ecobusiness, bias in reports is to be expected..

Striving for efficiency, sustainability, less pollution and all that is good though.
>>
>>80836611
Didn't you get the memo? It's Ice Age now.
>>
it's not a problem. it is, but it will solve itself with technology. soon we'll be able to hack the world's climate to a greater degree than we already can
>>
>>80836611
how reliable do you think a "global temperature" reading from the 1870's was?
>>
None of us are fucking scientists so we don't fucking know. We rely on scientists, the guys who study this shit, to inform us. Virtually all of them say it's man made at least in part and we need to do something about it. I think I'll listen to them rather than some conservative dipstick hired by the coal industry to find a few grade D scientists who disagree.
>>
>>80837983

No one, not even scientists, knows shit about the Earth. The Earth does what it wants, when it wants. We could still be coming out of an Ice Age right now and nobody would know. Ice Age, Dinosaurs, Earthquakes, Hurricanes, Volcanoes, Meteors. It does what it wants. If liberals were around during the Ice Age I guarantee they would have blamed humans for it.
>>
File: kekekekek.jpg (10 KB, 225x225) Image search: [Google]
kekekekek.jpg
10 KB, 225x225
>>80836611
Man made you retard
>>
>>80838209

I mean the internet has technically existed since the 60s. It's entirely believable basic shit like temperature could be measured on a grand scale that far back.
>>
>>80838032
That's in about 15 years
Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.