[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What is /pol/'s opinion on Catholicism? I've heard
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /pol/ - Politically Incorrect

Thread replies: 204
Thread images: 48
File: image.jpg (130 KB, 960x960) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
130 KB, 960x960
What is /pol/'s opinion on Catholicism? I've heard that they worship Mary and are considered bad by other Christians, but I've also heard they're based and have good morals.

t. possible convert
>>
Mary is held in high regard, but the doctrines make it crystal clear that she is not God.
>>
>>80816883
I didn't say she was regarded as God, but aren't they accused of idol worship due to their "high regard" of Mary?
>>
Also, get your self to a traditional congregation, where they still say the Latin mass. This is the last place where you would find support for degeneracy. Also, you could try one of the eastern Catholic churches-byzantine, Ukrainian etc.
>>
>>80817021
yea and protestants play rock music and convulse like retards
>>
>>80816883
There are some who would disagree with you.
>>
File: 1467385958764.jpg (1 MB, 3312x4416) Image search: [Google]
1467385958764.jpg
1 MB, 3312x4416
>>80816797
Amen
>>
>>80817021
The way Mary enters into Catholic practice is not very different than the other saints. There are icons and statues, as there are with St. Joseph, Saint Peter, and the rest, and we pray for the intercession of Saints as we believe in the communion of saints. Because Mary is the mother of God, she holds a special place, and we know because of the role she played at the wedding at Cana, that she is particularly important when it comes to intercession.
>>
shit skin down south claim the virgin mary visited them a few times as the lady of guadalupe
>>
>>80816797
Other Christians accuses us of praying to saints and people but we don't. We pretty much ask for saints to pray for us. Also Pope is just a figurehead that branches off into bishops cardinals a priest, who we don't pray to but do provide us with masses and such.

Not an expert on this stuff though.
>>
File: Screenshot_2016-06-22-00-03-10.png (247 KB, 480x800) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_2016-06-22-00-03-10.png
247 KB, 480x800
The one true and best is orthodox mate
>>
>>80816797
I'd plow Mary's unwashed poop dispenser.
>>
>>80817503
Witchcraft.
>>
>it's another Protestants can't learn the difference between praying to and idolizing episode
>>
>>80817021
Take the Hail Mary as an example. Is it idolatrous to repeat the words of the angel, or to repeat the words of Elizabeth? Then, asking for her to pray for us-how much worse is that then asking your cousin to pray for your mom who is in the hospital?
>>
>>80816797
Dogmatic and irrational in some of its tenets.
>>
>>80816797
how did you choose Catholicism? I was thinking of converting and was looking at methodist
>>
>>80816797
Mary was conceived and born without sin (the immaculate conception) making her the most perfect human to have ever walked the earth, whereas Jesus is human and divine at once, basically a facet of God. So people look up to Mary because while none of us can actually emulate Jesus's perfection, we can strive to emulate mary more closely. More importantly she has a lot of empathy for sinners (the apostles, Romans, mary magdelene, etc.) So she's sort of the softer touch to regular people, or as they see it.

T. 12 years a Catholic School kid
>>
>>80817472
Yup. Though human and divine at once, Jesus still lives his mama

>>80817161
>eastern orthodox
Hang yourself you heretic there is only one holy see, the Vatican hill upon which St. Paul the apostle built his church.

>>80817582
See above, Turkish scum, Greek boyfucker, Macedonian wheelwright, white or babylon. You will not even be a swineherd in the kingdom of heaven

>>80817719
Well the Mexicans can't tell either, and they claim to be Catholic. Santeria and idoltry is rampant down there, ostensibly worshipping Nahua deities (facets of teotl) under the guise of saints, e.g. Santa muerte, Jesus malverde, etc.
>>
File: cuck.jpg (187 KB, 846x900) Image search: [Google]
cuck.jpg
187 KB, 846x900
>>80816797
>What is /pol/'s opinion on Catholicism?

Cucks like all Christians.
>>
If you want history and apostolic tradition, go for it. Irish catholic grandma matriarch types are fun to drink with, too.
>>
>>80816797
I was raised Catholic. The other """""christians"""""" are heretics and you should never listen to their lies. The pervert the teachings of Jesus and are all going to hell. Also, Catholics do not worship Mary, they revere her and venerate the saints. Now is a bad time to be a Catholic, though, because Peter the Roman is working as hard as he can to destroy the Church from within.
>>
>>80818323
>Hang yourself you heretic there is only one holy see, the Vatican hill upon which St. Paul the apostle built his church.
Educate yourself, friendo The Byzantine and Ukrainian and other eastern Catholic churches are in full communion with the holy father. I have met my Sunday obligation in such churches on several occasions in the past.
>>
>>80818323
Daily reminder that the Catholic church does not consider Eastern Orthodoxy a heresy. They are schismatic, which is a different thing.

Also being hostile to them is really pointless imho, they have apostolic succession, the same sacraments, and like 99% of our teachingd are the same. Keep that zeal towards arguing with Protties instead or even better pray that the Greek and the Latin church become one again as soon as possible.
>>
>>80818382
>Reddit.com/r/atheism
Have fun

>>80818436
I'm an Irish Catholic and I wish I was born a generation earlier. All my ancestors were drunken rabblerousers but they're all dead now. Uncle Patrick got kicked out of Ireland for being too rowdy and then kicked out of Scotland when he moved to Glasgow (totally fulfilling the Irish stereotype I guess) and during the war he was so much trouble he got the Nazis to kick him out of the POW camp. That was only one of my grandma's 7 brothers, I would have loved to meet the rest before they all died of drinking too much.
>>
File: sacredheart.jpg (97 KB, 767x1024) Image search: [Google]
sacredheart.jpg
97 KB, 767x1024
>>80818712
>Hungarian Catholic

rare
>>
>>80818673
>>80818712
You schismatic heretics want another fourth crusade? That's what I'm hearing here
>>
>>80818673

Yeah I've actually heard of this. There are Orthodox Churches that are in full communion with Rome. So you can be both orthodox and catholic if you want to be a total edgelord.
>>
File: nutters.png (556 KB, 874x874) Image search: [Google]
nutters.png
556 KB, 874x874
>>80818724

Nobody mentioned anything about atheism, Christcuck. You're here in /pol/, get used to it.
>>
A death cult just like all sand nigger religions.
>>
>>80818832
Brother, all I'm asking you to do is the minimum amount of research. There is a difference between the Orthodox communion, and the eastern Catholic Churches. The latter are in full communion with Rome, the former are not.
>>
They go to church every Sunday and cannibalise their god, let that sink in for a moment

t. Former christian
>>
File: christians.jpg (1 MB, 1200x2051) Image search: [Google]
christians.jpg
1 MB, 1200x2051
>>80818911

This. And they work hand in hand.
>>
File: christ chan comp.png (252 KB, 848x1219) Image search: [Google]
christ chan comp.png
252 KB, 848x1219
>>80816797
Catholics put men before Christ, most notably the pope. The whole idea that anyone other then the trinity can be infallibility is pure heresy. They are Christians because they still accept Jesus as their lord a saviour but the religion is a perversion of true Christianity.

>>80818791
That's some meme I'm unaware of right? Because Catholicism is the biggest religion in Hungary.

>>80818960
Wow you cut me on that edge there.
>>
>>80818832
>being a retard on purpose
Catholicism, Roman, Orthodox or Coptic is the same religion
>>
>>80818832
“Love your enemy and pray for those who persecute you.”
“Do not use force against an evil man.”
“Do not resist evil with evil.”
“Do not return evil for evil.”
“Overcome evil with good.”
“Beloved, never avenge yourselves, but leave room for the wrath of God; for it is written, ‘Vengeance is mine, I will repay, says the Lord.’”

Kek.
>>
>>80816797
Catholics are the only true Christians. Protestants are adulterous posers.
>>
>>80818724
i've never heard anything more irish
>>
File: Nietzsche187a.jpg (632 KB, 1464x1986) Image search: [Google]
Nietzsche187a.jpg
632 KB, 1464x1986
its a cult of the weak, terrible for europe.

>tfw only thing we had to to is listen to pic related.
>>
>>80818852
That is what their youth group is called edgelords for the Lord.
>>
even if they did worship mary...so what? what's wrong with having a pantheon
>>
>>80819016
>Because Catholicism is the biggest religion in Hungary.

doesn't mean anything in Europe
>>
>>80818791
>>80818832
Hungary is mainly Catholic.
>>
File: 1458836717212.jpg (91 KB, 594x653) Image search: [Google]
1458836717212.jpg
91 KB, 594x653
>>80818641
How do we pervert Jesus' teachings?
At least we actually READ and study His teachings, rather than blindly repeating snippets of magical phrases that will supposedly save your soul if you say them a certain number of times in a row.
Plus the idea of praying to saints is blasphemy. It denies you a true relationship with the trinity. Why would you pray through a pope or a long dead mortal man/woman when you can commune with Him directly, which is the gift that is given to you when you accept Him as your savior?
Thats practically throwing that gift in His face and saying 'yeah, I know you gave me this awesome thing, but I'm just gonna go and do this through a third party broker.'
>>
>>80819016
t.heretic faggot
>>
>>80819058
>t.well informed and intelligent wise man
>>
File: christianity.jpg (494 KB, 1097x1000) Image search: [Google]
christianity.jpg
494 KB, 1097x1000
>>80819087
>its a cult of the weak, terrible for europe.

This.
>>
File: image.png (131 KB, 618x464) Image search: [Google]
image.png
131 KB, 618x464
TradCath master race!

http://www.dailystormer.com/traditional-catholicism-is-pro-fascism-jew-wise-and-perfect-for-white-nationalists/
>>
>>80819058
>orthodoxface.jpg
>>
>>80819016
>edge
Transubstantiation is what it is

I should know, I was once a Catholic minister of the eucharist ffs
>>
>>80816883
But they worship her as well as saints, which is forbidden by the book of myths. They also have a fetish for hearing people confessions, even thought the book of myths says you never have to go through an intermediary any more...well the extra book of myths prologue.
>>
>>80818959
>>80819045
>>80819051
Calm down dudes im role playing a crusader do we not do that outside /his/?
>>80819086
Yep. He was an epic status mick. Most of them were, and they all had good war stories (they signed up before that Saving private Ryan brothers bullshit took effect).
>>
File: 1468306635360.png (98 KB, 400x400) Image search: [Google]
1468306635360.png
98 KB, 400x400
>>80817762
Because God hears all prayers
it's insulting to pray to someone else than Him directly
as if Mary or a Saint can answer your prayers and God can't
Mary and Saints do not hear prayers
>>
>>80816797

Catholic here. Protestants are low IQ knuckle draggers. No matter how many times you explain their mistakes they will keep repeating the same old canards.
>>
>>80819272
You can't be a nazi Christian

Not even a nazi catholic

Jesus christ read the fucking bible you cringe worthy hitlerboo, just because America is full of shitty nationalistic Christians doesn't mean they aren't all totally wrong
>>
>>80819289
>frequenting /his/
Why would you ever do that?
>>
>>80819289
Also I was hoping you guys would catch some of the text of the Reply of the Zhaparzhian cossacks
>>
>>80819119
The first commandment. There is only one God.
>>
>>80819289
>im roleplaying
>>>/r/eddit
>>
>>80819281

Can vegetarians cannibalize their god's son?
>>
>>80819016
>Catholics put men before Christ,

Well, little boys actually.

That's how you tell Christian groups apart:
Rapes boys: Catholic
Rapes girls: Lutheran
Doesn't rape: Orthodox.

Also, what's with Lutherans and their damn "compound" building over in the US?
>>
>>80819382
But hitler was a Catholic
>>
>>80819282
>But they worship her as well as saints
Nope. Wrong. Catholics do NOT worship The Blessed Virgin Mary or any Saints. Catholics venerate her, and Catholics pray to Mary and the Saints to intercede with God for us. Like asking your mom to intercede with your dad when you really want something, and your dad has the final say but you know your mom has some power to sway him to your favor.
>>
>>80819412
>from a fucking namefag
It has good threads every now and then that are fully outside the wheelhouse of the protestant fucks that spam there (e.g. everything not European and American) and I hold out hope that someday Hiro-sama will enforce stricter rules to make it better. Removing the "humanities" bit, adding Anthropology instead.
>>
>>80819573
who gave you that idea? that people need to venerate her? Jesus treat her like another common woman
>>
>>80819456
Hey costa Rica at least I don't have to role play as a western country.
>>
>>80819586
>enforce stricter rules
It's already toxic as shit. Why you'd want it even more toxic is beyond me.
>>
>>80819382
It should be noted that in 1933, German Catholics opposed the Nazi party. They overwhelmingly voted against Hitler. Protestants were much more supportive.
>>
Goddess worship is considering a corruption or curse among Abrahamic religions.

Ancient Phoenician/Canaanite fertility goddess that pagans were really devoted to pissed off ancient Hebrew monotheists.

Mary is either adaptation meant to appease pagan converts that wanted a replacement for their females goddesses or the product of Goddess worshipers who twisted the religion.

Mary and Saint "appeals" seem to be something meant to appease or attract polytheists with bad habits... making the religion familiar

Catholics claim they aren't worshiping or praising Mary, just making appeals to her. Mary and the Saints are supposed to act like lobbyists for mortals. You pray to them so they lobby God on your behalf.
>>
>>80819670
Are you shitting me? Read the gospels dude he so does not. In 3/4 his first act after he's been baptised and gained followers is to help her at the Wedding.
>>
>>80819520
RAISED Catholic
He said a lot of things about religion and a lot of it was contradictory to itself.
>>
>>80819783
please im the one who dont know about them, can you say the verses?
>>
>>80819132
Well, why should you pray for something at all if the other """""""christians""""""" are already praying for it? Does God listen more to many than to one? Does God listen more to the preacher than to you? Why would you not want more people to pray for the same things you want to pray for? What makes you think you can only pray to either God or saints? And above all why do you think the most brilliant men in all of Europe for 2000 years working out Church doctrine and dogma are wrong? What do you know better than them?
>>
>>80819573
Yes they do ya fucking dopehead. I was raised catholic and also went through 13 fucking years of catechism up until my confirmation (catholic bar mitzvah).
They fucking pray to saints even to find lost shit, or have safe travel.
>>
>>80819674
It's only toxic because of (ironically) christfag theological spam. Start a thread about sumer, get the entirety of the posts debating about whether they're in purgatory or hell for not being proto-Christians (jews) who didn't even exist yet. I want all theological discussion off that board. >>80819520
What the fuck does Hitler have to do with anything
>>80819874
Sure m8 gimme a sec to grab the old bibble
>>
>>80816797
>they worship Mary
>a literal female jew
What more do you need to know?

This is a legitimate case where the baby needs to be thrown out with the bath water.
>>
>>80819670
>treat her like another common woman
She is not like "another common woman." She was a virgin chosen by God to gave birth to His son, Jesus Christ. She is the mother of our Lord and Savoir Jesus Christ.
>>
>>80816797
Praying to Mary and the saints is not worship. You are praying as a means of communication to ask them to ask God for help. You are asking them to intercede on your behalf.
>>
File: m.jpg (12 KB, 194x259) Image search: [Google]
m.jpg
12 KB, 194x259
>>80816797
Orthodox Christianity venerate Mary (Theotokos) too

I don't see this as a reason to avoid Catholicism, at least as a first step toward true Christianity - the Orthodoxy
>>
>>80819914
>most brilliant men in all of Europe for 2000 years working out Church doctrine and dogma are wrong?
wow catholics, why dont you read a bible and let the Holy Spirit guide you?
>>
>>80819952
It's toxic because you can't bant with people without getting fucking warnings from thin-skins, not because shit is being discussed. Fuck, this board has threads about "Kek" and circumcision - if I was referring to *that* kind of toxicity this board would be one of the worst.
>>
>>80819927
>fucking dopehead
Lovely language.

I am Catholic too and also went through Confirmation. I don't know what kind of church you attended, but never in all my years have I heard a Catholic tell us to "worship" the Blessed Virgin. I did say we pray to Mary and to Saints, but we do not worship her or Saints. Learn reading comprehension 101.
>>
>>80820092
so what? she did what she had to do, Joseph was Jesus's step dad, do you venerate him too?
>>
>>80816797

False Christians. There is only one God, and Jesus was his final messenger.
>>
>>80820159
I honestly want it to be more scholarly. If you take away theological shit the thin skins will evaporate.

>>80820194
Nope. Not really. He's pretty much only relevant during the nativity and in paying for the tomb that Jesus only rests in for 3 days.

Just looking at the Wedding at Cana in Luke, as well as his diction on the cross, indicates he holds her more special than a regular woman. He's doing bigger things obviously but he still loves her like a mother.
>>
>>80820419
You can't have a scholarly open forum on 4chan. People can't even follow basic reasoning in premise-conclusion form.
>>
>>80819016
>perversion of true christianity
>established by Christ

Also, papal infability means that the pope cannot contradict the catholic doctrine or the Word of God in matters of faith and morality. Only in matters of faith and morality.
>>
>>80820194
>Joseph was Jesus's step dad, do you venerate him too?
Many do. Here is a lovely very ancient prayer for Saint Joseph:

Oh St. Joseph, whose protection is so great, so strong, so prompt before the throne of God, I place in you all my interests and desires.

Oh St. Joseph, do assist me by your powerful intercession and obtain for me from your divine son all spiritual blessings through Jesus Christ, our Lord; so that having engaged here below your heavenly power, I may offer my thanksgiving and homage to the most loving of Fathers.

Oh St. Joseph, I never weary contemplating you and Jesus asleep in your arms. I dare not approach while he reposes near your heart. Press Him in my name and kiss his fine head for me, and ask him to return the kiss when I draw my dying breath. St. Joseph, patron of departing souls, pray for us. Amen

http://www.ourcatholicprayers.com/prayers-to-st-joseph.html

https://prayertostjoseph.org/
>>
>>80820133
Didn't they read a bible and rely on the Spirit as well? Are you smarter than Thomas Aquinas or Augustine?
>>
>>80820189
Listen Poindexter, selling trinkets of saints and praying to them is the same goddamn thing as worship. It's also exactly the same way Catholics worship God and Jesus...there's literally no difference. Trinkets and prayers.
>>
>>80820133
Who compiled the Bible?
>>
>>80820836
but dont you want to read it just cause?
>>
File: christ chan.jpg (95 KB, 815x980) Image search: [Google]
christ chan.jpg
95 KB, 815x980
>>80820703
The pope isn't God, he isn't infallible on anything. Full stop, any position other then that and you are worshiping a man. Pretty sure the ten commandments says something about that.
>>
File: 12345678765423.jpg (44 KB, 256x256) Image search: [Google]
12345678765423.jpg
44 KB, 256x256
>>80816797
im pretty sure the only religon that doesn't hate everyone is islam.
just look and the inquisition and the scientific repression by christians
islam never did any of that.
>>
>>80820984
>praying to them is the same goddamn thing as worship
>praying = worship
You are dumb.
>>
File: sketch-1468348390372.png (2 MB, 1080x1920) Image search: [Google]
sketch-1468348390372.png
2 MB, 1080x1920
>>80816797
Catholic are the only Christians. Pic related visiting a nice church in Poland where Mary apeard.
>>
>>80821023
Infallible because the Holy Spirit guides him on the matters.
Not infallible by the popes own "power"
>>
They place a higher value on mary than protestants do, similar to orthodox. If you are lookinh for a christian sect that places an even high value on her, neo-gnosticism is for you. It's small, but it does exist.
>>
File: st mary's church.jpg (137 KB, 600x415) Image search: [Google]
st mary's church.jpg
137 KB, 600x415
>>80816797
I don't like that the Pope is given so much regard and that Mary is worshipped.
Pic is my church. It's very old. About 900 years.

It's named St. Mary's.
The irony is clear.
>>
>>80816797
>I've heard that they worship Mary and are considered bad by other Christians
It is idolatry and God hates that.

http://biblehub.com/jeremiah/44-19.htm
>And when we burned incense to the queen of heaven, and poured out drink offerings unto her, did we make her cakes to worship her, and pour out drink offerings unto her, without our men?
>>
File: Fulton Sheen on the Rosary.jpg (118 KB, 736x736) Image search: [Google]
Fulton Sheen on the Rosary.jpg
118 KB, 736x736
>>80816797
>>
>>80816797
She's not God's mother, she was the vessel used to bring the physical form of God onto the earth. She's blessed, but not to be worshiped. Only worship the Lord your God.
>>
File: based Fulton Sheen.jpg (15 KB, 236x236) Image search: [Google]
based Fulton Sheen.jpg
15 KB, 236x236
>>
>>80821130
The Holy Spirit specially empowers the Pope and not anyone else? Where exactly do you get that idea from?
>>
>>80821307
Beautiful church.

>Mary is worshipped.
No, she is not. Read the thread, this issue has been addressed. Stop spreading lies about Catholicism.
>>
>>80821127
What a beautiful church! Wow.

>church in Poland where Mary apeard.
Please share the story. Thank you!!
>>
>>
>>80821078
Then why not say you only "venerate" God and Jesus too since there is literally no difference in the way you don't worship saints and mary?

Also, why have Christians turned satan into a deity? Because you have you know. You gave him all the powers of a deity so he could be blamed for shit.
>>
My dad watches EWTN and 700 Club a lot; here's what I've gathered accordingly:

1. You can have an actual conversation with God and Jesus; BUT only when you're down and out. You have to hit rock bottom on drugs and porn, then God will intervene and say "what up man, you gotta change your ways"...then you are saved after the conversation.

2. So the Jews are placeholders? When JC comes back, he's gonna ask the Jews (and everyone else) to convert, and then if not, destroy them and all non-believers...then the believers will claim the holy land...what a loving God he is...Jesus did say God is love....

3. Being somber, depressed, and self-hating should be our natural disposition--according to Catholic Mass...we hate our bodies for giving us uncontrollable urges, we hate ourselves for being degenerate sinner fucks, and only JC and an intermediary (a priest) can clear shit up by saying some prayers and confessing what a worthless fuck you were born as...okay? So when i was a baby I was a worthless degenerate sinner piece of shit? Really?

4. You can actually phone in religion. Well, the game was on! So I watch a virtual mass on EWTN for like, five minutes--but JC come on--this is the playoffs!!! Sign of the cross and rosary and all that...now I gotta go! But yeah the bible and stuff--peace out!

5. Matthew 6:34 is feared and despised. "Therefore I tell you, do not worry about your life, what you will eat or drink; or about your body, what you will wear. Is not life more than food, and the body more than clothes? Look at the birds of the air: They do not sow or reap or gather into barns—and yet your Heavenly Father feeds them. Are you not much more valuable than they?" So what about future-heaven or sin? Life is day by day--end of story--said motherfucking JC, son of GOD. Mic dropped. But then priests and churches would be out of a job, and not able to control you anymore. And collect untaxed money.
>>
>>80816797
I've always been a proud Catholic, but only because it made my edgy atheist/agnostic friends angry.

>YOU BELIEVE IN A FAIRY GOD MAN LOL??????????!!!!!!!!!!?

With that being said, Jesuits are the ORIGINAL SJW's. God damn fags.
>>
>>80821757
That's a good quote. Because it's right.
>>
>>80821757

>wrong is wrong

Who determines that then?
>>
>>80821559
Did I say "specially empowers the Pope"?
>>
File: 214.jpg (158 KB, 800x600) Image search: [Google]
214.jpg
158 KB, 800x600
>>80816797
in my country a lot of people believe she is stronger than God
>>
>>80816797
pedopriests
murder
torture
rape
fraud
assault
extortion
blackmail
pretty much every crime known to man is what the roman catholic church is known for since it began.

they haven't changed much
if you like seeing whole populations tortured to death slowly and cruelly, then you'd fit right in
>>
>>80821991
Ok, so the Pope isn't uniquely infallible if he's not special in the Holy Spirit empowering him with infallibility and not others. To which I'll ask you another question - who else does the Holy Spirit make infallible?
>>
>>80821996
Bullshit
>>
>>80821016
It's read during Mass.
>>
File: christ chan cute.jpg (135 KB, 425x516) Image search: [Google]
christ chan cute.jpg
135 KB, 425x516
>>80821130
Yes remember that bible passage
>>
File: police prayer.jpg (64 KB, 480x691) Image search: [Google]
police prayer.jpg
64 KB, 480x691
>>80821307
I will explain this in simple terms.

You have a mom. If it is a normal mother you have a great relationship with her and you love her.

So when you want something and not sure if your dad will approve you often go to your mom to ask her to put in a word for you.

That is all it is. We ask Mary to interceed on our behalf. We are NOT praying to her.

Same thing with statues. You have a photograph or image of someone you like. You keep that image on your wall (Grandmother, grandfather, aunt, etc). You are not worshipping them. You just like to see them and think about them.

Same thing goes with statues and images of Saints. We see them and say "that Saint is the patron saint of X, perhaps he can help me with this".

Or simple things like "I lost my keys, Saint Anthony please help me find them!" You are not literally praying to St. Anthony as in worshipping him as a god. You are asking him to help you find something that is lost. Then you thank him when you find it and give glory to God.

That is all it is. It is not some secret statue worshipping cult that some people make you think is going on.
>>
>>80821924
>Who determines that then?
The morals and ethics handed down by God, which Jesus brought with Him in the New Testament.
>>
>>80822090
>Vatican II explained the doctrine of infallibility as follows: "Although the individual bishops do not enjoy the prerogative of infallibility, they can nevertheless proclaim Christ’s doctrine infallibly. This is so, even when they are dispersed around the world, provided that while maintaining the bond of unity among themselves and with Peter’s successor, and while teaching authentically on a matter of faith or morals, they concur in a single viewpoint as the one which must be held conclusively. This authority is even more clearly verified when, gathered together in an ecumenical council, they are teachers and judges of faith and morals for the universal Church. Their definitions must then be adhered to with the submission of faith" (Lumen Gentium 25).
>Infallibility belongs in a special way to the pope as head of the bishops (Matt. 16:17–19; John 21:15–17). As Vatican II remarked, it is a charism the pope "enjoys in virtue of his office, when, as the supreme shepherd and teacher of all the faithful, who confirms his brethren in their faith (Luke 22:32), he proclaims by a definitive act some doctrine of faith or morals. Therefore his definitions, of themselves, and not from the consent of the Church, are justly held irreformable, for they are pronounced with the assistance of the Holy Spirit, an assistance promised to him in blessed Peter."
Sorry for the wall of text :)
>>
>>80822223
catholicism is just polytheism of dead people, man
i mean dont get me wrong im not perfect either, but damn
>>
>>80822500
So bishops and the Pope have it. Not anyone else?
>>
>>80821870
Eh, cut them some slack. The Jesuits were evangelists, and nothing more. Since evangelism is most effective when it starts in poorer communities, the Jesuits often worked in some of the worst places on Earth. In order to convert the poor and uneducated, they had to be less in-your-face and more kind and helpful, while lightly guiding people to Christianity. Taking a less hardline stance on doctrinal matters in the presence of others did, however, have some lasting effects on Jesuit institutions, which easily explains why they seem a little too enamored with the whole "equality" meme. People converted in this manner usually ended up producing more traditionally-inclined offspring, thus flushing out liberal ideology over time, though it did not always work out this way (e.g. South America). They kind of just dug themselves into an intellectual hole, even though their intentions were pure. Pope Francis is a perfect example of this. He's a South American Jesuit, who grew up in communities obsessed with Marxism, Castro, etc., so the only way to peacefully convert was to not go too heavily against these ideas, which would explain why he's not as against liberation theology as most of the Magisterium is. He himself isn't a Marxist, or some kind of Jewish infiltrator, and he is definitely never going to make any dogmatic changes, but he has most definitely been infected by a system that seemingly fucked itself over.
>>
>>80821559

Doesnt the holy spitit give christians healing powers

>14Afterward he appeared unto the eleven as they sat at meat, and upbraided them with their unbelief and hardness of heart, because they believed not them which had seen him after he was risen. 15And he said unto them, Go ye into all the world, and preach the gospel to every creature. 16He that believeth and is baptized shall be saved; but he that believeth not shall be damned. 17And these signs shall follow them that believe; In my name shall they cast out devils; they shall speak with new tongues; 18They shall take up serpents; and if they drink any deadly thing, it shall not hurt them; they shall lay hands on the sick, and they shall recover.
>>
>>80819010
No words
>>
>>80822550
Seems like you eluded my question, niggertinian friend
But its alright, keep on rambling nonsense
>>
File: Mother Angelica quote -.jpg (48 KB, 620x309) Image search: [Google]
Mother Angelica quote -.jpg
48 KB, 620x309
>>80821845
700 Club is not Catholic, so I can't speak for it. The only thing I watch from ETWN are the Mother Angelica shows now found on youtube. She is based.

>1. You can have an actual conversation with God and Jesus; BUT only when you're down and out
That is messed up. Never heard that, not true at all. You talk to God all the time, anytime. Jesus, too. They love to hear from you anytime, good times and bad times.

>3. Being somber, depressed, and self-hating should be our natural disposition--according to Catholic Mass
Lie.

>4. You can actually phone in religion.
Disgraceful.

You have a very distorted, messed up, untruthful view of Catholicism.
>>
>>80822682
"Spiritual" healing maybe. Maybe physical, but I can hold my reservations. We're allowed that.
>>
>>80822702
this? >>80821003
the catholic church? i really dont know
>>
>>80822500
I wouldn't bother arguing with the tripfag. He pops into every Christian thread and displays an astounding lack of understanding when it comes to doctrinal matters. Protestants don't seem to understand that a lot of this dogma stems from the "shall not prevail" part. Because, you know, the gates of Hell shall not prevail.
>>
>>80822107
no miento
>>
I posted this in the last thread and didnt get a response.

Does anyone have a good video debate or some other discussion about whether the Catholic or Orthodox Church is more valid?

Ive only ever come across videos which discuss their differences or are just blatently one sided.
>>
>>80821843
>satan You gave him all the powers of a deity so he could be blamed for shit.
If satan would stop doing shit he would stop being blamed for it.
>>
File: Bob.jpg (138 KB, 540x720) Image search: [Google]
Bob.jpg
138 KB, 540x720
>>80816797
>>
>>80822939
And only what you arbitrarily define as "coming from hell" is a danger of course. Which is anything that suggests the brute possibility you're being lied to and manipulated by "leaders" in your beliefs.
Have fun with your delusion~
>>
>>80822939
Well, this is the first time I reply on a catholicism related thread so I wouldnt know about that, but thanks for the heads-up. Many of the times its just misunderstanding of the dogmas,or just shitposting
>>
>>80823006
>Does anyone have a good video debate or some other discussion about whether the Catholic or Orthodox Church is more valid?
Sounds interesting. I just did a quick web search and found a few but am too tired to look up who produced them, so don't know if they are objective and truthful. Good luck in your search, that would be a very good and interesting video to watch if one is out there.
>>
>>80822628
Are they teachers and judges on matter of faith and morals, and are legitimate succesors of the Apostles? If not, no.
>>
>>80823320
Ah, my mistake. I thought you would recognize him as one of the lowest-quality tripfags on /pol/. See what I mean? >>80823312
>>
>>80823006
The difference between Catholicism and Orthodoxy is mostly due to historical and political matters in the past, but their dogma is not that different (except about the Papacy and there are some other minor differences), so I doubt that such video exists.
>>
Protestants are insufferable know it alls that know jack shit. Catholics are based and hyper traditional, which is great and exactly what we need in these times.
>>
>>80823006
A Catholic Priest once told a relative of mine that the only difference between Orthodox and Catholicism is that in the Orthodox mass they repeat everything three times, so mass is very long.
>>
>>80823476
Keep using circular reasoning for the rest of your life - God will set you straight in the end. Even if that end is without Him.

>apostolic succession is valid because tradition establishes it is
>tradition is valid because church authorities affirm it to be
>church authorities are valid because of apostolic succession
Bye bye retard~
>>
File: based Morther Angelica.jpg (23 KB, 500x305) Image search: [Google]
based Morther Angelica.jpg
23 KB, 500x305
>>
File: 1434085556944.png (50 KB, 512x512) Image search: [Google]
1434085556944.png
50 KB, 512x512
>protestants in scripture classes learn theology and history etc
>catholics spend the whole time listening to improbable stories about various saints and their 1 weird trick to turn brambles into roses or piss into wine
>>
File: 1459305843821-0.png (228 KB, 499x698) Image search: [Google]
1459305843821-0.png
228 KB, 499x698
>>80823652
Except that's not how it's justified.
You're so silly~
>>
>>80823563
>Catholics are based and hyper traditional
Some of us are, but there are a lot of cafeteria Catholics who handpick the teachings of the Church they like, but blatantly disregard the ones they don't. It seems especially prevalent in the US and Canada, there are some statistics that some Protestant shills tend to link about denomination's opinions about abortion, gay marriage and their political leanings, and most of the Catholic laity is very liberal. And the current Pope is not really helping the situation.

>>80823584
I haven't been to Orthodox masses, but the main differences are not liturgical, especially because there are Catholics who use the Eastern liturgy but are in communion with Rome (Greek Catholics for example).

>>80823006
A Canadian anon did a great writeup about the root of the differences in that thread, I think it's worth a read
>>>80759231
>>
File: 1431920723042.png (404 KB, 700x668) Image search: [Google]
1431920723042.png
404 KB, 700x668
>>80824033
You won't say how it is justified for a reason~
>>
>>80823875
Where are the protestant equivalents to St. Augustine and St. Thomas Aquinas?
>>
File: karen so smug.jpg (236 KB, 588x719) Image search: [Google]
karen so smug.jpg
236 KB, 588x719
>>80824196
I would link you to the Vatican's explanation, but you'd still weasel your way out of accepting it. Let's just agree to disagree. No one will ever win this argument.
>>
>>80822789
The Cloud of Unknowing; Christian mysticism.
Saint Francis as "God's Fool"...placing value on "knowing not" versus having the "ultimate truth dictated to humble servants"...and PLEASE address point five...not as an adversary/shitposter, but as a commentator.

If JC actually said this, then who needs you? Or priests as intermediaries? Or any spiritual authority, higher than this present moment? Who holds the keys to heaven besides yourself? Remember, this is not me shitposting, it's Matthew 6:34....is God really necessary, according to Jesus himself? Fear not! Without fear, what need is there for religion, really? JC wasn't trying to introduce new chains, he was trying to break them...hence the crucifixion.
>>
File: 1458669372424.png (229 KB, 450x500) Image search: [Google]
1458669372424.png
229 KB, 450x500
>>80824280
Keep making excuses for irrationality until the end of time~
>>
>>80824267
Jesus Christ?
>>
File: SmugIndex.jpg (25 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
SmugIndex.jpg
25 KB, 500x500
>>80824267
Pastor Anderson and that crazy homeless guy screaming at people on the subway.

>>80824385
You, too, friendo~
>>
File: o.jpg (48 KB, 466x700) Image search: [Google]
o.jpg
48 KB, 466x700
>>80823006
Doubt it really, I mean - who do you expect to give you an objective opinion on this?

Orthodox claim Roman Catholics separated from them, Catholics claim it's the other way around.

Few things I can remember:
C: Pope is infallible. Holly spirit gives him power to solve dogmatic matters
O: Pope is just another patriarch that went rogue and decided he's above all others. Matters of the faith are solved in Ecumenical Councils of all the Church patriarchs

C: Centralized, rational theology, lots of focus on Bible, lots of dogmatic matters decided through analytical approach by Vatican
O: More mystical, less focus on interpreting the Bible, instead focused on attaining the spirit of the original Church, never attempt to solve the Bible conundrums or get involved in endless discussions - this is seen as Devil's distraction to keep us away from loving God

C: Willing to unite back with Orthodoxy
O: Not willing to unite back with Catholicism

These guys do some good Orthodox teachings in English, differences with Catholicism are mentioned but might be one sided as you said.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2GHE6oqCc_U
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=87GvZrM0Kbw
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-oSOxaj-E-Y
>>
File: 1372993262184.png (326 KB, 561x590) Image search: [Google]
1372993262184.png
326 KB, 561x590
>>80824416
>irrational
Jej. Maybe quote an irrational thing I've ever said and get back to me~
Meanwhile~

>>
>>80824392
Are you saying that, not only is Jesus Christ protestant, but He is equivalent to 2 humans?
>>
>>80824416
Kek
>>
>>80824556
>>80824392
Aren't you both Spanish speakers? Write Spanish for the poor Mexican's sake.
>>
>>80823875
I have only had religious education classes in elementary school for 6 years, but during the sixth year we learned about history from a Catholic perspective. I was 12 years old that time, and it had a huge influence on me, it's one of the main reasons I became right-wing politically.

Also knowing about the saints, ordinary people from all professions and backgrounds is a great thing in a world where people idolize pop stars and people whose only accomplishment is earning money. No matter who you are, you can find many saints you can relate to and who show you and example how to live your life.
>>
File: 1425173790497-3.png (94 KB, 401x344) Image search: [Google]
1425173790497-3.png
94 KB, 401x344
>>80824531
It's okay, anon, it's okay.
>>
>>80824556
you dont get it, we follow Jesus Christ, as he follows the Father, and he's better than everyone
>>
File: 1446959201279.jpg (125 KB, 538x563) Image search: [Google]
1446959201279.jpg
125 KB, 538x563
>>80824683
Good quote~
>>
>>80824495
>this is seen as Devil's distraction to keep us away from loving God
they are smart, i need to read what they say
>>
File: SmugNonon.jpg (320 KB, 2500x3226) Image search: [Google]
SmugNonon.jpg
320 KB, 2500x3226
>>80824731
Thanks!
>>
File: images (16).jpg (30 KB, 343x429) Image search: [Google]
images (16).jpg
30 KB, 343x429
>>80824699
I agree, but I was asking for some examples of protestant theologians/philosophers that are comparable to the saints I mentioned.
>>
>>80824637
I write in English so you and other english-speaking anons can understand what I'm writing.
>>
>>80825024
there are good pastors, but they talk about Jesus Christ
but why do you want good theologians/philosophers if you arent going to do what they say?
>>
>>80825205
It's better for you to write in Spanish when you're conversing with a Spanish speaker though. I have a strong sense you're more proficient in Spanish.
>>
>>80825435
Indeed, but this way I practice English.
>>
>>80825625
I suppose that's true.
>>
>>80825205
you talk spanish, i can tell you from someone, look up Yiye Avila, everybody knows him, and Raul Villareal from Medea Argentina
>>
>>80816797
>worship marry
Thats just someting butthurt degenerate prodies say
>>
>>80816797
>I've heard that they worship Mary
I heard Protestants worship the King James Bible.
>>
>>80825723
Ok, los voy a buscar
>>
File: 1462117074194-0.png (704 KB, 600x600) Image search: [Google]
1462117074194-0.png
704 KB, 600x600
>a catholic thread that hasn't been saged like crazy by protestants

I'm impressed.
>>
>>80826077
>implying any Protestant in their right mind doesn't want your silliness on full display

>>
>>80825324
What do you mean by "you arent going to do what they say"?
The story of the life and conversion of St Augustine alone helps you understand the Mercy of God, how He can turn a lowly sinner into such a great thinker and theologian
>>
>>80826224
they worship Mary, nevermid
>>
>>80824383
>Matthew 6:34
This will help you and should answer your questions:
http://www.rc.net/wcc/readings/matt6v24.htm

>>80821845
>Life is day by day--end of story
Right. You do not know when you, or a loved one, will die. Only God knows the time and place. So live each day to the fullest, as if it were your last. Love those around you. Be kind, be good, help others, show compassion, say your daily prayers, etc.

>But then priests and churches would be out of a job
Why? Is not a Church still needed for those who need the comfort of feeling closer to Jesus and God? Is a Priest not still needed to hear a confession, absolve one of sin, say a prayer over a sick or dying person?

>not able to control you anymore
What? Who does that? Control how? Catholicism is about bringing souls to God, spreading the Word of Jesus Christ to all, that he brought in the New Covenant, the New Testament.

>And collect untaxed money.
I think every religion asks for tiths. And in Catholicism, tithing is optional.
>>
>>80826353
>they worship Mary
Oh look, the Argentinian liar is back.
>>
>>80826353
Have you read the entire thread?
>>
File: 1437917510350.jpg (101 KB, 640x640) Image search: [Google]
1437917510350.jpg
101 KB, 640x640
>>80826135
Thanks for your concern.
>>
>>80827042
You'll always have it my friend~
>>
>>80826135
On Apostolic Succession
1 Corinthians 11:2
>14 You have in you a spiritual gift which was given to you when the prophets spoke and the body of elders laid their hands on you; do not neglect it.
>In the Acts of the Apostles, when Matthew is chosen to succeed Judas and take his place as witness of the Resurrection.

On Tradition
2 Thessalonians 2:15

>So then, brothers and sisters, stand firm and hold fast to the teachings we passed on to you, whether by word of mouth or by letter.

Btw its 2 AM here, gonna try and return to this thread later if it still exists
>>
>>80827296
I don't argue the apostles ceremoniously "replaced" Judas. I argue that's not necessarily indicative of the original apostles having super special authority over anyone else.

I'll be going to bed soon though - g'night.
>>
>>80827042
Such an idiotic image. Luther taught that you didn't need the Church for Christian worship/belief. And besides, Matthew 16:18 refers to Peter's confession of faith, not Peter himself.
>>
>>80816797
>Converting to Catholicism
>Marxist Pope who supports transgenders
>Church rife with pedophiles at all levels
>Was the primary opposition to Hitler in Germany

Yeah m8.....sign me right up
>>
>>80827448
>Jesus said to him in reply, “Blessed are you, Simon son of Jonah. For flesh and blood has not revealed this to you, but my heavenly Father.And so I say to you, you are Peter, and upon this rock I will build my church, and the gates of the netherworld shall not prevail against it. I will give you the keys to the kingdom of heaven. Whatever you bind on earth shall be bound in heaven; and whatever you loose on earth shall be loosed in heaven.”

>"Whatever you bind on earth shall be bound in heaven; and whatever you loose on earth shall be loosed in heaven"

Doesnt that imply some sort of authority?
:^)
G'night
>>
>>80827493
It's just a bait image. And it's funny how it always a gives me a (You)
>>
>>80827723
No, I don't think it does - you can check the archives for me discussing those particular verses. Night.
>>
>>80827865
Because it's idiotic.
>>
>>80828038
Idiotic things get ignored.
>>
File: 1461544019632.jpg (537 KB, 1600x1067) Image search: [Google]
1461544019632.jpg
537 KB, 1600x1067
Altough I'm not sure on my religious status, this documentary is a bit of a redpill. Very interesting

>Rome could not get rid of christians with violence
>Instead decieve christians that they accept them
>Plant paganism symbols everywhere in church, sun worship, sexual symbols, Mary is originally ashera or someone

Basicly = Catholicism is pagan demonic worship hiding under christianity, super interesting

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7CFEMLzclXY
>>
>>80828373
So, people worshiped a demonic cult 1500 years and were condemned to hell? Looks like my pic >>80827042 was correct.
>>
File: popesun.jpg (119 KB, 900x600) Image search: [Google]
popesun.jpg
119 KB, 900x600
>>80828863
I don't know.

But sometime during rome, Constantine (?) wanted to unite the roman empire under christianity.

Unfortunaly, this brought elements of paganism/idoltry/blasphemy, but making up a bunch of "saints", sun symbol around jesus (sun worship) for examples.

>TL:DR Catholics are unknowlingly pagan demon worshippers and not redpilled
>>
File: lutheranism in Sweden.png (691 KB, 676x679) Image search: [Google]
lutheranism in Sweden.png
691 KB, 676x679
>>80829117
Funny coming from Sweden.
>>
>>80829341
Do you need a bigger sign of satanism/paganism infiltrating pure faith?
>>
>>80816797
The Catholics I've met seem like pretty cool people, but it seems odd to me that the second commandment is not to worship graven images, but huge part of being Catholic revolves around kneeling before statues and praying to people other than God. Not to mention all the medallions.
>>
>>80829483
>Do you need a bigger sign of satanism/paganism infiltrating pure faith?
It's not satanism/paganism, but I don't expect you to understand. It's like trying to tell you the difference between praying to and idolizing.

Also
>and not redpilled
History has proven that protestants are the best goys ever. All the modern degeneracy started in protestant societies.

I can name you traditional catholic and orthodox countries, but I can't think of any non degenerate or muslim free protestant country Look at Germany. The catholic regions are the most redpilled.
>>
The Catholics I have met are pretty cool people, -But personally I will always believe that catholicism is a heresy that disrupted the unity of the apostolic church, because of the pope's ego . Remember, it was primus inter pares , first among equals, not a boss.
>>
>>80830545
Neither the Orthodox nor the Catholic churches consider each other heretical.
Thread replies: 204
Thread images: 48

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.