[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Was obama a good president? What do you think hes going to be
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /pol/ - Politically Incorrect

Thread replies: 67
Thread images: 9
Was obama a good president? What do you think hes going to be remembered for when he leaves office?
>>
>>80804783
The last good president we had was named teddy Roosevelt
>>
for destroying the United States and the American dream. Obama is the beginning of the end of the country.
>>
>>80804783
he will be remembered for his sons.
>>
File: Cm0FciQWIAAi_2y.jpg (403 KB, 2048x1462) Image search: [Google]
Cm0FciQWIAAi_2y.jpg
403 KB, 2048x1462
>>80804934
>mfw after Obama dies there will be no males left in the US line
>>
File: tm.jpg (27 KB, 475x275) Image search: [Google]
tm.jpg
27 KB, 475x275
>>80805097
>>
>>80804783
Very very average. I think history won't be too kind to him and will see him as divisive and impotent with respect to foreign affairs.

I also think GWB will be viewed more favorably as an "aw shucks" American guy instead of the war-mongering clown people thought he was in 2008.
>>
A filthy nigger
>>
>>80805789
when thinking about it, i have to remind myself of how pissed i was at GW and his wars. his 'aw shucks' demeanor is pretty powerful... and it takes conscious effort to remember just how fucked up the middle east got after iraq. slog indeed. fuck.
>>
>>80804783

History wont remember him for much but that he was the first black prez.... Thats it. He was basically a tanned George Bush who didnt like America that much - and tapped into the cuck liberals that voted for him massively.

Honestly one of the worst presidents so far...
>>
>>80806407
Agree. But i think Dick Cheney was the real villain in the white house. Dubya was a bit of a dolt but he tried to do the right things i think. He will take the bad wrap for cheney's war hawkishness though and history will for get all about what Dick did
>>
>>80804783
Being an angry nigger that set normal black Americans back 60 years.
>>
i really admire obama because he has given a voice to those washed out during the bush years. believe it or not, the media was all conservative during bush2, and did not pragmatically cover (look from both sides) issues like palestine, islam. obama has let those sides have their moment in the mainstream. Thank you President Obama.

>be white convert to islam 2003. everyone irl hates me. 2spooky4media.

>Obama, "s-okay son! we both love the merica!"
>>
>>80804783
>What do you think hes going to be remembered for when he leaves office?

Being a nigger that was able to hold a job for 8 years. Unprecedented achievement for a black man.
>>
>>80806706
And George Bush was basically a less horny more good old boy Bill Clinton
>>
>>80807428
I know your meme posting but you would get much better responses (ie taken seriously) if you cut out the green text
Just a tip lad
>>
>implying he's leaving

are you forgetting about the impending martial law?
>>
>>80804783
He was pretty good.
>>
>Was obama a good president?

Not good, not bad. Merely adequate. Mediocre.

First black president and that's it.
>>
>>80804783
for being the first black president.

thats it
>>
>>80804783
Nigger
>>
>>80807124
>Dubya was a bit of a dolt

i don't think so. i think that 'doltishness' is a character he developed because of how effective it is. sort of like bill clinton's character. both seemed like chill guys you could have a beer with when in reality they're cold-blooded mercenaries who would slit your throat without hesitation if it would benefit them.
>>
>>80804783
Using the US's permanent war footing as an economic lever.

It was a miserable failure and will lead to our downfall.
>>
>>80804783
>Was Obama a good President?
Name one good policy of his
I can name many of his fuck ups and meddlings but I have trouble naming his successes
>>
>>80804783
I think he was breddy gud tbqh.

First and foremost as first black president. Second obamacare which depending on how it goes will be a black mark or a bright spot.
>>
>>80804783
That's a shop right
>>
He was elected to be the "first black president."

He could have used his presidency to end racial divisions, to heal centuries of discord, to building a cooperative, unified nation. Instead, he specifically acted as the most polarizing, divisive president we've had in decades.

He's a chump, and he'll be remembered as only the "first black president" that did nothing for our country other than hold us back.
>>
>>80808172
not policies, but...

1) he started off by apologizing to the rest of the world. that was nice.

2) he shut down guantanamo bay just like he promised.

3) he began the race-relations healing process by embracing the boys in blue at the beer summit while at the same time embracing his troubled sons in florida and missouri.

4) he fixed our healthcare system.
>>
I don't know, was obama ever given full security clearence?
>>
>>80808326
>depending on how it goes
>THE INDIVIDUAL MANDATE IS NOT A TAX!!!!!!!!!
>Not national healthcare, just a requirement for everyone to carry private health insurance
>Everyone's premiums went up because no one could be denied health insurance
>Everyone's deductibles went up because the law penalizes good health insurance plans (the 'cadillac tax')
>>
>>80804783
He let his the people of his country divide and fight amogst themselves, all while doing nothing about it. Instead of bringing people together, he enabled them to slit apart. Allowing the nation slip into chaos.
So pretty much James Buchanan-tier
>>
File: kot.jpg (10 KB, 211x212) Image search: [Google]
kot.jpg
10 KB, 211x212
>>80808551
Ahahah
I like you
>>
>>80808551
>2) he shut down guantanamo bay just like he promised.

fuck off.
>>
>>80808551

Solid bait
>>
>>80804783
He'll be remembered as someone who let things coast on a path to destruction.
>>
>>80808704
>he doesn't understand satire
>>
>9000 unconstitutional executive orders

Being ridiculously partisan
>>
>>80808551

5) he killed osama bin laden and ended terrorism

6) he ended the bush wars

7) he made government more transparent (most transparent administration ever!)

8) he broke down the barrier to extrajudicial executions of american citizens
>>
File: 1969 caracas.png (89 KB, 201x233) Image search: [Google]
1969 caracas.png
89 KB, 201x233
>>80808888
amazing digits
>>
File: eights.jpg (103 KB, 375x313) Image search: [Google]
eights.jpg
103 KB, 375x313
>>80808888
that's a lot of fucking eights
according to my calculations this means you win
>>
>>80808056

clinton maybe, but bush seemed like a respectable guy.
>>
>>80809128
>ending bush war

Wrong choice kiddo. At least dubya was honest about our interests over the middle east
>>
>>80805097

That guy didn't shoot up anything and turned his gun over to police as soon as bullets started flying.
>>
>>80808551
>>80809128
Lol extrajudicial executions of Americans. One guy who was a fucking terrorist, but solid shit.

He'll be remembered for medicaid expansion, and taking over with insane economic headwinds. He was a pretty funny guy at times. Overall probably favorable
>>
He was mediocre. He'll be remembered as the first black president, obviously. The only policy he implemented with remembering is the ACA, but only as a footnote. He might also be remembered as the president who presided when the Supreme Court legalized gay marriage, but probably not.
>>
File: 1467911169911.jpg (301 KB, 921x758) Image search: [Google]
1467911169911.jpg
301 KB, 921x758
>>80808888
Checked
>>
>>80809357
https://youtu.be/cMx1NzTo2DE?t=38m20s
>>
>>80809128
not biting that bait
>>
Best President for White people in a long time

Black wealth gone down & White wealth gone up
Racial tensions are so high that someone like Trump could possibly win

All thanks to Obama
>>
File: 1388721967164.jpg (44 KB, 720x540) Image search: [Google]
1388721967164.jpg
44 KB, 720x540
>>80808888
If there are two 80's, is that doubles? Is this a full house?
>>
>>80804783
Destroying america.
>>
>>80810215
wtf dude?
>>
>>80804783
Was he good? Absolutely not. In the last 4 years he has managed to push race relations back to the 1960s... that's enough to disqualify him from being considered "good" by any sense.

Remembered for? Not much. First black first and foremost.

History books in school will probably make a really big deal about Obamacare and some of his foreign policy stuff. I really don't know how the books will handle the racial division and terrorist attacks though... don't really think they can ignore it though.

I just know that while most books in school do have a soft spot for the left the textbook of US history I read in high school treated Carter (who my dad had always told me was the worst president we had before Obama) pretty badly. I just remember thinking "This is a pretty hard hitting segment and they are practically concluding with 'he wasn't that great of a president'" which surprised the hell out of me.

I don't think textbooks on the whole will be that kind to him. I don't think they can manage to make the stuff segment about his presidency some sunshine and rainbows SJW jerk off session.
>>
>>80808888
Nice digits and truth too.
>>
>>80804783

completely average
>>
>>80812132
well, carter is a free palestine guy... so... the jews who write textbooks don't really like him?
>>
>>80804879
Think you mean Coolidge
>>
>>80808551
4/10
>>
Gonna be remembered as pretty based tbwh senpai.
>>
File: 1457227372518.png (251 KB, 494x493) Image search: [Google]
1457227372518.png
251 KB, 494x493
Below average president that will be remembered as a good president because of the fact he was the first black president, """"fixed"""" the US economy after 2008, and was president when gay marriage was legalized/when marijuana began being legalized in certain states.

Didn't really do much personally that was good, if anything probably hurt the US as a president, but was president when the free market "fixed" itself for a bit and when the court system and states began social change.
>>
>>80808440
>republican congress blocks ANYTHING Obama tries to pas so he's a one term president
>doesn't work

HE'S TEH MOST DIVISIVE PRESIDENT EVER, HE COULDN'T GET ANYTHIGN PASSED

Maybe you should take a good hard look at dumb republitards as to why he couldn't really pass the reforms he wanted?
>>
>>80813459
well.. i had 4 in that post and 4 in another... that's 8/10. still working on the last 2.
>>
>>80812819
Yeah but my book was not written by jews (or at least I don't think it was).

It was a pretty balanced book overall really.
>>
>>80812819
most history textbooks come from big ass texan corporations
>>
setting back race relations so far that it led to another civil war.
>>
>>80815655
we can always hope straya
>>
>>80804783
>oversaw the largest transfer of wealth from the middle class to wall street in history
>set race relations back 100 years
>doubled the national debt
>somehow found a way to distabilize the entire middle east and north africa even more

Yeah naw he was shit.
Thread replies: 67
Thread images: 9

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.