[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Gold Bullion Silver Bullion Copper Bullion
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /pol/ - Politically Incorrect

Thread replies: 66
Thread images: 12
File: 400-oz-Gold-Bars-AB-01.jpg (736 KB, 3000x2000) Image search: [Google]
400-oz-Gold-Bars-AB-01.jpg
736 KB, 3000x2000
Hello /pol/, I dont hail from this forum but thought this place may be the best place for the advice I need. I recently decided to start "investing" in bullion. Just 100 dollars a month and I get some sweet looking assay cards and the feeling that I did something that makes me a better person

But is this the reality?
Am I doinitwrong.jpg?

Dont have a lot of money to throw around, want to make sure this will eventually pay off for me. What are your thoughts on physical bullion?

>inb4 bartering
>inb4 sept.26 dollar crash
>inb4 copper sucks and prem is high
>inb4 silver is an industrial metal
>>
Roughly half my savings is in physical.

If you've only got $100/mo spare then I'm thinking you should probably be prioritizing practical things like food, water, guns, tools, and many other things like that. PMs are just a place to put extra money after you get the basics down.
>>
File: 1466382519548.jpg (37 KB, 680x350) Image search: [Google]
1466382519548.jpg
37 KB, 680x350
>>80794187

Well said, your advice may be more true than you know, be me
>24
>with child
>over satisfied fast food chain slave, fek

Not actually asking in direct reference to a dollar crash, wanted to know about the futur market when Im say, 30? 40? 50? All metals will go up as a rule, correct?
>>
>>80793926
>I dont hail from this forum
First things first, let me tell you about the Jews.
>>
>>80793926
Copper bullion is retarded. Get whatever WOW shit you have in your head out.

Silver is at a 6 month high and Gold needs to dip closer to 1100 to 1200 before I would recommend buying.

Go talk to /biz/, they will point you in the right direction.
>>
>>80795085
>All metals will go up as a rule, correct?
No, that's not correct. I believe they have tremendous upside potential, but I think if you don't know what you're doing then you shouldn't put all your eggs in one basket.

The first things you need to do are the things that will allow you to provide for your family. That's not sexist. That's just a man's job. You're already thinking 10s of years ahead, which is good. Are you living in the right place? Are you secure in your income?

It really doesn't cost that much to get the basics in order. For a few thousand dollars I made sure my parents would have the basics to get them over a rough patch for long enough that they could have the time to figure out what to do about it. There's a big, big psychological difference between big shit going down and you don't know what the fuck to do and big shit going down but you know you have weeks or months to ride it out while you're figuring out what to do.

If you want to ask me about metals specifically, I'll be happy to field your questions on that instead.
>>
File: 1434243262738.jpg (14 KB, 267x181) Image search: [Google]
1434243262738.jpg
14 KB, 267x181
>mfw i bought silver at 30/oz a couple years ago

JUST KEK MY LIFE UP SENPAI
>>
>>80796276

You know how to get the overall costs down right?

You buy some more when it was at like 14 an ounce, that brings the average for what you paid down... and realistically speaking, I don't think Silver will EVER dip below 15 again simply from a standpoint of inflation of the USD and the rising costs to extract it...
>>
invest in pork bouillon
>>
>>80795230
kekled, was here for the most recent infinitychan "exetus" saw all I needed there

>>80795539
>WOW shit
>spot on
>kekled with a x2 combo bonus
will do thanks

>>80795608
Recently got out of a bad spot, income is secure but minuscule, so not really -_-

But I understand your point well enough, Ive got the basics cover, atleast on or above par to some of my peers. Loads better than my past too, but what may be going on is I have no prospects, excuse the pun.
Dont wanna go to school again, but have very little to offer, or dont know what avenues to take

Thought metals would be almost the best thing to do in my situation
>>
>>80796936
Metals are a good thing to do in my opinion for your savings. I'll explain them in detail for the next hour or so if you want.

But first go get yourself a water filter. You don't care if it's a meme or not. I've had to use mine without a municipal water supply and it worked flawlessly. No fucking way I was drinking what I poured into there. And every day it takes out so much of the chemical bullshit I get through the usual water supply.

You get your food. Freeze-dried and dehydrated. I've eaten it. It's good stuff. And if you want 6-12 months of it then you're going to want it that way instead of having to rely on canned or sacks of wheat or whatever.

And I rely on my guns. I have guns. I have 1000 rounds of ammo for each one. You have to be able to protect what you have, and you have to be able to protect your family.

I have tools. I have skills. I've been offered jobs on off the street more than once because I know how to do things with my hands. I work a desk job for a living, but I'm 10x better working with my hands than some drugged out piece of trash that contractors have to hire.

Use your brain. Metals are a great idea. I can tell you what to do. But the first priority is to ensure the basics.
>>
File: 1450058468175.jpg (342 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
1450058468175.jpg
342 KB, 1920x1080
>>80797769

>Metals are a great idea. I can tell you what to do.

Go on from there Anon.

From what Ive gathered, it takes more money? Or is it more about timing?

Let me know so, if I possibly can, Ill have a better idea of what to shoot for, and thanks in advance anon, all of this is solid
>>
>>80799971
Think of it like saving for your retirement. So what you do is take some percentage of your earnings and invest it no matter what. If that's only $100/mo then that's OK. There's no shame in being poor.

So every 2-3 moths buy some more. I know better places that I deal with personally, but www.apmex.com is going to treat you decent. So what you do is maybe you get a 1/10oz coin of gold, either an American Gold Eagle or a Canadian Gold Maple. And then maybe next time you get some American, Canadian, or Mexican silver rounds instead.

Then next time get some "junk" silver, which refers to 90% pure silver coins from pre-1966 in the form of dimes, halves, quarters, etc. Just pick open anything called "junk silver" and get whatever's cheapest.

As far as timing goes, don't try to time the market. You're not a professional. Don't try to beat the professionals. Take the following two tactics:

1. Buy on the dip. If the spot price takes a dip, that's when you buy. If you always manage to buy the dips, then you'll be better than the average.

2. When it's not clear use DCA ("Dollar Cost Averaging.") That just means budgeting in you're going to spend $70 or whatever every month no matter what, and you put in $70 every month no matter what happens. On average, you'll get more for your money that way. And maybe you can save the other $30 up to buy on the dip if your feeling devious, or just keep that aside for whatever else like if you bust a tire on your car or whatever.
>>
>>80801070
this is good advice
>>
>>80801070
Yeah, fantastic actually, going to save and screencap, lol thanks anon
Im bouncing around here doing more research, any other opinions are welcome
>>
>>80793926
You don't invest in PM's, dumbshit. They are only a wealth preservation vehicle. $100 worth of gold or silver will still have the approximate buying power 20 years from now as today. Meanwhile, your currency is slowly being chipped away in value due to inflation. 10k is 1990 is not the same as 10k today, understand?

Unless you have a massive global economic collapse, or war, or natural disaster Then PM's are awesome. And tax free too! If you believe this may occur in the future, you may consider having 10-15% of your wealth in PM's.(or more)
>>
>>80802957
The way a gold or silver dealers operate is based on the "margin."

>whats a margin?
Well they sell it for a little more than they paid for it, and they buy it for a little less than they can sell it back. That's how they make enough money to stay in business. That's the margin. Any honest dealer is going to be operating on like 1-3% at best, and that's why the honest ones are going to have a different price for cash vs. credit; credit card companies take a margin off the middle-man, so obviously the dealer would have to pass that cost on to the credit card people in order to allow the rest to not pay the jew fee.

Let me know if you don't understand what I just said. This is one of the keys to understanding an honest dealer.
>>
>>80801070
>>80802957
>>80801864

You guys really need to save up and buy a decent amount at a time. The premiums can eat at your capitol in a hurry on small amounts. And if you have no cash emergency fund, you will need to cash out your PM hoard at some point in time, guaranteed. You will be lucky to get spot if you have to trade it off to a pawn dealer or such in a hurry. You need a cash fund of 6 months minimum before you go crazy with the shine.
>>
I think the 1 oz coins are nicer.
Anyway you should buy during lows only. Not long ago gold bid/ask was about $1200/oz, but it's going up now. You don't need to own that much gold, it's more of a safeguard than something to puts lots of your money into. It doesn't pay dividends or interest, but merely preserves its buying power (unlike fiat currency).
Ideally you would have bought before 2009, when gold was under $800. But it might not ever go back to that now. Then again, who knows. But when people start talking about gold a lot, it means it's usually a bad time to buy. And when they're actually airing lots of infomercial on TV about it (like in 2010-11), that means the bubble is towards it peak.
>>
>>80803967
Can't really buy a decent amount at a time at $100/mo bruv.

I'd be more inclined to get into working into paper metals and pulling that out into physical time by time, but that's an even more complicated game, and I'd be lying if I said I never got burned on what we all know is going to happen if you put too much trust into the paper games.
>>
>>80804035
Not a few months ago, it was at 1060, and silver 14.50. My collection grew much during that time. I have since quit buying, tho.
>>
>>80804035
>bubble is towards it peak.
That's not how merchants work. Volatility is the game. That's why things like VIX were all the rage for a short-term gain.

Short vs. long. That's what it's about.
>>
>>80801070
This.

Also, keep in mind the regular stock market drops in q3 brings the price of PM's up (late August to september)

Keep an eye out for eu referendums. Just the idea of a brexit vote made gold jump $60.

This isn't a rule, just something to keep in mind when on a budget. Other anon gave solid advice.
>>
>>80795539
Cost of production is over 1200, and going up.
>>
>>80793926

Isn't there an investment board now?
Go there.
>>
>>80804223
If you don't hold it, you don't own it.
>>
File: 1455246279438.png (22 KB, 900x600) Image search: [Google]
1455246279438.png
22 KB, 900x600
I'm a vampire who's been investing in gold since the 1400's. And my wealth has only increased.
>>
>>80804223
You need to understand numismatics then. You only buy one rareish coin a month. If the mint only made 360,xxx 1928 Peace Dollars, only x-amount of coins will score MS+.
All coins are this way. There are a finite amount of high graded coins in the world. These are collectors items, and go up in value more than bullion. Look into these as a way to collect PM's if you have small amounts only. This will require more knowledge on your part.
>>
>>80804413
That's a rich man's game, tho. Were all lowly plebs here.
>>
File: 3253455346.jpg (38 KB, 296x298) Image search: [Google]
3253455346.jpg
38 KB, 296x298
>>80796276
>>mfw i bought silver at 30/oz a couple years ago
>>then I didn't buy any more when it went down to twelve

Which of the above two actions is the more stupid?
>>
>>80804806
>If you don't hold it, you don't own it.
Damn right. It's been like over a year for some chapter 11 or maybe 7 things to finally play out, but I didn't put more there than I could afford to lose.

If you think about treasuries, for instance, they're a losing game at these interest rates, but it's about time for nuclear war before they go defunct. I think it's good to not have all your eggs in one basket.

Even Tulving went under at one point. And you'd think some nordic guy like Tulving wouldn't have been messing around with playing delivery games to close the gap on his margins. Maybe it's possible somebody did a hit job on him, but I never heard anything than other to suggest he got greedy.
>>
File: Mexican-Silver-Coins.jpg (47 KB, 800x600) Image search: [Google]
Mexican-Silver-Coins.jpg
47 KB, 800x600
>>80793926
Silver is "the poor man's gold" so since your capital you have to throw around here is "one hundred dollars per month" this makes you a silver man anon.

Buy three or four ounces of silver physical per month and you will be all set.
>>
>>80804413
Not into trading. I only invest for long-term, with a focus on minimizing all fees and transactions. Read about Jack Bogle's philosophy. It's a long term strategy that works and avoids all the useless market noise.
>>
>>80805085
I don't get into numismatics because I know that they're above my game. I also don't trade in art.

What we plebs like myself call "semi-numismatics" is as far as I go. I don't particularly to have to expect to liquidate much of anything, but at least I won't be taking too big a hit if I have to liquidate those at something only somewhat above spot.
>>
buy copper bullion trust me buy them by the hundreds
>>
>>80805179
>tfw i was seriously considering getting silver when it hit a historical low
>tfw i decided to wait until the eve of 2017 because i was convinced it would drop down to 6/oz
>tfw i still know this will happen
>>
>>80805720
You going to lug your 200kg of Cu around during the happening? Or your ounce of gold?
>>
>>80806300

>he thinks people are going to give a shit about gold during a happening
>>
>>80806403
>5,000 years of history is completely wrong and stupid.
>Listen to me goyim, my opinion is more powerful than 5,000 years, history, fact, and truth.

FYI in a happening, people ONLY give a shit about gold, because ONLY gold can buy you food, when paper money collapses.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7ubJp6rmUYM
>>
>>80806661

i know for a fact that if a happening occurred i wouldn't be caught with gold unless i wanted a bullet in the head
>>
>>80806921
>>80806403
>people don't care about gold
>but they'd kill me for it

who's jewing who?
>>
>>80805948
No. The market already bottomed. You missed out. The price will be steadily rising for atleast another decade. Until they stop consuming more than is extracted, the price will not drop anywhere near 6 bucks an ounce.

>>80806300
>Liberation fantasies
Kys

>>80793926
>Buying physical copper bullion
Unless you're buying it by the ton, you fucked up

>>80805085
Numismatics is a terrible investment for any kind of investor just looking to buy to make profit. It requires a ton of knowledge, research and a strong idea of how the market is doing to make any kind of smart decision. Don't recommend it to the unwashed masses. Also, American coins are grossly overvalued.

Long term, i'd recommend some of the more undervalued early milled and hammered coins. Preferably non-English, that shit is grossly overpriced. Some of the Austrian and German Thalers can be a great buy if you know what to look for and avoid gimmicky shit like the siege Thalers.
>>
>>80793926
Happy to hear you're thinking ahead anon.
As mentioned before, make sure you have an emergency fund tucked away somewhere for unforeseen costs. Credit card debt will fuck you.
Also I highly recommend getting a trade. Just pester all over the place until somebody gives you an apprenticeship. Your wage will be the same as burgerflipping for the next 3 years, then it will triple. At lease that's how it works in my country.
If you manage to find a trade, investing in tools will be more worthwhile than metals. Buy second hand (but top quality) tools.
This is a while in the future but you really want to get your own home. Rent is for chumps.
>>
>>80807072

greedy assholes are going to care about the gold. but most people will just want to be able to eat. and people will more than likely just barter shit instead of trying to circulate fucking gold. and do you think the word isn't going to get around that you've been paying in gold fucking bullion instead of paying with condoms and shampoo like everyone else?
>>
File: Gold-coins587.jpg (35 KB, 580x440) Image search: [Google]
Gold-coins587.jpg
35 KB, 580x440
>>80806921
>i know for a fact that if a happening occurred i wouldn't be caught with gold, because I don't need to eat. I will survive on the power of my own stupidity.

Good luck bro.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7ubJp6rmUYM
>>
>>80807649
Gold won't be the predominant system of barter. Stop kidding yourself. Food, bullets, guns and necessary supplies would have far greater value to any individual in the breakdown of society. That is not to say that gold wouldn't be useful, just not nearly as useful as you'd like to pretend.
>>
>>80807201
This is decent advice too.

Tools and the skills to use them are worth their weight in gold.
>>
>>80793926
I'm far from an expert but I look at precious metals as a security, not an investment. If you are looking at making money don't buy gold/silver. If you are looking at protecting wealth gold/silver is the way to go.
>>
Gold, silver, precious metals are incredibly stupid investments, since they have no yield. If you buy a stock, hold it for 100 years, it may have appreciated 100000% percent. If you hold gold, it won't appreciate at all. It's inert metal. Gold is basically bitcoin for old people

If you want to take care of your family, invest $1000 in the SP500 exchange traded fund - SPY. Let it sit there for 40 years. After 40 years, check the price. Congrats OP fag, you're a millionaire
>>
>>80808185
>One of the greatest long-term investments for nearly a century is bad
Okay
>>
Precious metals might just be the best method to Jew-proof your wealth.
>>
>>80807952
Eh, why does everyone automatically reach for the ultimate society breakdown type of happening? There are MANY scenarios that can take place, and that's only one of them.
>>
>>80793926
Silver or gold, preferably silver, copper is fucking pointless.
>>
>>80808185
>only goes up
K
>>
>>80805344

There is more gold in then world then silver, think about it.

Roughly 70% of silver is consumed industrially, where as 80% of gold is made into bullion and accumulates.
>>
>>80808799
Just trust me goy
>>
>>80807952
>Gold won't be the predominant system of barter. Stop kidding yourself. Food, bullets, guns and necessary supplies would have far greater value to any individual in the breakdown of society.

This is so retarded as to more than baffle the mind, but OK. Let's say your life savings is? $300,000 US or CAN?

You going to carry 300 grand worth of "food" on your back when you make a run for the border? Or you going to carry it in guns? You going to carry 600 guns in your backpack and make a quick dash across the border?

There is a reason why gold is money for the last 5,000 years. People with your level of 'planning' would run out of food in couple weeks, and die of starvation while those with gold run, or eat, according to the situation. And of course we have guns too, but not 600 guns like you (and you will leave them wherever when you run for the border, if SHTF)
>>
>>80809021
Wanna invest in some xyklon-b?
>>
>>80808185
>Gold, silver, precious metals are incredibly stupid investments

First off, gold is not an 'investment'
gold is money, pure and simple. In a SHTF scenario, in the first one second of the SHTF, your precious equities portfolio goes to zero when some jew in power steals it.

Those with gold will eat, while you cry to your broker, or more likely fail to find him, because he's already run for the border with his gold.
>>
>>80809214
>buying gold so you can load it all up and run away

you're doing everything in your life wrong if you don't buy a property and set it up for self sufficiency before buying fucking gold.
>>
File: 1468218224175.png (174 KB, 812x531) Image search: [Google]
1468218224175.png
174 KB, 812x531
>>80809443
Thanks Obama

Btw, I wouldn't vote for anyone before this thread turns into another political shitshow. Let's start necklacing(lol look it up) those in power, you know; just for a goof.
>>
File: you are a dumb faggot retard.gif (17 KB, 919x627) Image search: [Google]
you are a dumb faggot retard.gif
17 KB, 919x627
you are literally retarded. i dont mean to be rude but you are literally a stupid retard. I don't care about you but it dissapointments me that the OP is heading down an obviously wrong path due to faggot broke invalids like you.

you don't know the first thing about money or finance. the fact that you think that gold is an investment shows that you fundamentally misunderstand what an investment is. gold is a hedge against inflation, a primitive one that is increasingly irrelevant. in times past when value could not be codified and transferred digitally and violence disrupted markets and destroyed value then gold made sense. no longer.

but dont take it from me, here is a literally fucking chart showing you how fucking stupid you are for thinking gold is as an investment vehicle.

OP i don't know if youre still reading but if anyone else here has half a brain cell and would like to redeem your shitty lives with cash, here is the secret - becoming financially stable in the long run is really, really easy if you just save some money and invest in yield bearing, dividend paying assets such as STOCKS! HEARD OF STOCKS FAGGOTS? Guess what your return if you invested $1000 in all available stocks in 1900? $20,000,000

http://www.stockpickssystem.com/historical-rate-of-return/

please understand, i am on this website cause I wanted to see if there were any BLM riots, they are interesting these days. I saw this thread and was curious cause I am an MBA conc. finance and wanted to see the level of financial literacy among you fucks. it is abysmal. there are maybe 5% of posts in this thread giving good advice, 45% is well intentioned but basically flat out wrong and the last 50% is suicidal faggots who will neverleave a basement. How to get rich. Buy stock ETF's. Hold them, they will appreciate and you will be rich. The more you can invest in these and the longer you can hold them, the faster you will get rich. That is literally all there is to it.
>>
File: 1468237119948.png (218 KB, 600x579) Image search: [Google]
1468237119948.png
218 KB, 600x579
>>80809944
Except, it's actually a very valuable conducctor and raw materials in the construction of computer components and electronics. Anything else? Enjoy that speculated wealth, chief.
>>
File: 791_Gold.jpg (28 KB, 660x400) Image search: [Google]
791_Gold.jpg
28 KB, 660x400
>>80809944
>Gold was $500 an ounce in 1944.

I don't really need to read much more from you after that.
>>
>>80809944
>How to get rich. Buy stock ETF's

pffffffffffffffffffffhahahahahahahahahahahahaahahahaahahahahhahahaha
>>
>>80810206
>Inflation adjusted
You just blow in from stupid town?

>>80809214
I'm not suggesting carrying hundreds of thousands of dollars in food and guns. What an absurd insinuation.

My point was most people won't have gold, or access to it. Most people don't even currently have enough money in savings to purchase a single ounce. Most people will, however, have access to food and necessary supplies. Gold will eventually form the basis of a simple economic system, but not in the immediate aftermath.
Thread replies: 66
Thread images: 12

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.