[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Ask an anon with Schizophrenia anything.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /pol/ - Politically Incorrect

Thread replies: 65
Thread images: 4
File: IMG_0860.png (25 KB, 396x400) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0860.png
25 KB, 396x400
I have schizophrenia, my father has schizo-affective disorder, ask me anything.
>>
>>80782084
does it just feel like being on lsd all the time? did drinking or taking drugs trigger it?
>>
Hello shill.
>>
>>80782084
H-how you doing?
>>
>>80782161
No, I have never taken lsd but episodes are not fun, drinking suppresses symptoms. I didn't do drugs as a teen and neither did my father, stress triggers the majority of episodes, though occasionally something as simple as someone looking across the food court at me can trigger it.
>>
>>80782381
I am ok. Hope you are.
>>80782271
Not a shill, I don't get to talk about it very often, anon is the easiest way.
>>
>>80782084
What is an episode like for you? Do you. Get paranoid or hear voices?
>>
Nothing to ask bro, it's a terrible pathology, i hope you will be fine now
>>
File: image.jpg (32 KB, 382x385) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
32 KB, 382x385
What meds you on?
>>
Do you feel like a fucking reeetard?
>>
>>80782526
Parinoia is normal most days, I know it is unfounded and try to fight it, it's difficult.

An episode usually is triggered when I'm upset, I see faces flying at me of people I don't know, I often hear bells as well. Voices are rare.
>>
>>80782084

Have you ever seen someone with the same ID as you replying to your posts calling you a fucking faggot?
>>
>>80782848
>>80782848
That is a really interesting disorder, how visiual are those faces? You should give more detail, i m really curious. And you wouldnt lie would you?
>>
>>80782712
Thanks.
>>80782759
I don't take my medicine anymore, I drink at night and work during the day.
I used to take risperidone but it is like a chemical lobotomy and you can't even have an erection when you take it. No emotions Essentially.
>>80782776
No not really, I have a job and am almost ready to take my CPA test.

I plan on going back on meds when school starts again.
>>
>>80782084
How are you both?
>>
>>80782084

https://youtu.be/QrWwFw2vRr8

Does this music resonates with you, or your mental sickness in any way? Genuine question.
>>
>>80782956
Nah
>>80782956
The faces are my main visual hallucinations, sometimes things look distorted when I'm really bad but other than that no,

The faces are essentially disembodied heads, 2d but they look realistic, they fly towards me and fade when they get close. I don't ever recognize them but they're usually male
>>
>>80783229
That was very disturbing to listen to, turned it off.
It sounds chaotic and disorienting and stressful which I guess could be applicable to the disease.
>>
>>80783208
I manage, I have a house where I live in peace and quiet. It is difficult to work but I have a nice office away from everyone at my company. Focusing is my main issue.

Dad wasnt doing well, ended up moving in with his mother again, hasn't had an episode though in a while, he is on social security disability
>>
>>80783649

Weird that you'd say that, it's actually one of the most soothing piece of music for my mind. An acquired taste, I guess.
>>
>>80783441
>>80783441
Out of nowhere? What timeframe do these episodes have? Do you try to fight the faces?
I find that shit facinating. Are they silent or do they tell something? You said no voices, do they sometimes make a sound. Is that the only thing you experience or is there other stuff? Did you have a brainscan, i really wonder how you shizos work.
>>
>>80783891
It's possible to find that soothing? Hrm that's strange. To each their own.

I took a liking to bluegrass when I'm stressed (random right?) it helps me stay calm a lot of the time.
>>
>>80783900
>>80783900
>>80783900
>>80783900
The episodes can last for hours or several days, obviously visual halicinaions aren't happening the whole time, but often an episode includes a depressive phase, suicidal tendencies, bad thoughts, that lind of thing.

I'm not sure how to describe when the faces appear, it's like they're coming at me, imaging a video game where the opponents come at you , they're not there one minute and the next they are.

I don't ever hear whispers or voices, though my dad does, from what he tells me they mostly say negative or obscene things.

My visual hallucinations aren't accompanied by sound.

I had a CT scan to verify when I finally went to a doctor, but I can't remember if there were any visible differences, sorry I'm not exactly a medical professional.
>>
You ever meltdown?
>>
>>80784323

It's hard to explain, but I feel that the multiple layers of instruments, along with stretched out notes makes the whole thing a very transcendental experience.

I feel like in a whirlpool, yet moving forward. Oxymoronic, for sure.
>>
>>80782084
Did you hear that?
>>
>>80784853
I am going to get ready for bed, so no more questions, hope I could inform you a little. And remember that we are people with an illness, crazy but human.
>>
>>80785084
Did you ever try to jerk off to those faces or include them in a sexual fantasy?
You are interesting just stay a while and answer my questions. You sound a bit like a female, are you male or female?
>>
>>80785084
Oh my bad you said erection. You sound really female.
>>
>>80785378

You're creepier than a man with schizophrenia. Think about that for a sec.
>>
>>80785724
I m just trying to help you retarded motherfucker.
>>
>>80785496
>>80785378
That sudden sexual turn... You aren't a true Hans, you're one of those rapefugee aren't you?
>>
>>80785852

If you want to help me, consider chugging a gallon of bleach, jerk off to the effects and come back to tell me all the details about this.

I'm"very interested", just like you are.
>>
>>80785893
>>80785893
Legitimate question. If it gives off a creepy vibe to you, go fuck yourself. Camdashitflag. Go jerk off your 4inch dick to the current year.
>>
>>80782848
Used to have the faces thing after smoking weed in the dark.

Don't smoke weed kids.
>>
>>80786110
>>80786110
Go vote for hillary you piece of shit. Dont forget to sound passive aggressive numale. But then again you arent french since your english skill is way to elaborated. Maybe you should try to sell more of that snake oil you like to shill for.
>>
>>80786157
Yes, as legitimate as the white germans you try to grope you shitskins.
>>
>>80782084
This website induces mental illness I wouldn't hang around long.
>>
>>80783441
Fug.

I get these after smoking weed, or the night after heavy drinking the previous night.

Lots of grey faces that kind of fly towards you from different angles.

Like walking in the opposite direction of a crowd.
>>
>>80786329

>says I'm not French
>ID is darK

Know your place, filthy Nigger.
>>
>>80785378
This is a good question

Why not jerk off to the faces?
>>
File: 1451112663847.jpg (43 KB, 803x688) Image search: [Google]
1451112663847.jpg
43 KB, 803x688
I was prescribed risperdal, lamictal, and Prozac about 10 years ago, but stopped taking them because I was in some zombie like state all the time and lost a job by staring at the ceiling for a few days without getting out of bed except for bathroom stuff.
It sucked, so I quit my meds. 10 years later I'm a full blown alcoholic.
This is better for me, but I have no friends or family I speak with anymore.

I just focus on work and buying shit to keep me entertained like movies and ps4 games.

>no regrets. This is a better existentce for me. I know when I die it will be by my own hand, or a car accident. Oh.. And I'm 36 years old. I wish you the best
>>
>>80786385
You have to be a evolved french canadian. I think if you want to make bastard audible you have to listen to a soundfile of a french canadian and most people will get it instantly.
>>
what antipsychotic drug are you on?
>>
>>80782084
How the fuck is this politics related?
>>
>>80787515
>Ps4 games
>Games

You really had me until I read that
>>
how did it all start out?
my dad is a schizophrenic and I want to be prepared, lately I've been feeling weird and having weird things happen to me out of nowhere and it has fucked with my head
>>
Why haven't you killed yourself yet, you genetic defect?
>>
Any tip for us the »normal« ones?
>>
>>80786467
how the fuck do you keep your cool with this happening?
>>
Is netanyahu a euphemism for internet is god?
>>
>>80782084

1. what age did it start occuring at?

2. have you ever dabbled in witchcraft and or the occult?

3. have/has your parents and grandparents ever dabbled in the occult?
>>
>>80791112
Your countries economy could be a bit better.
>>
>>80782084
Are you that guy I talked to a few years back on /b/ who used to shoot fireballs at wolves to get rid of them?
>>
>>80789766
What do you mean? I mostly watch Netflix and stuff now, but pS4 games are good too
Fallout 4 was utter shit, but maybe the DLCs will make it better. I haven't tried them yet, though.
>>
>>80789949

That feeling of surrealness is the prodrome. Have you noticed some coincidences in your life?

There are coincidences happening all the time but normally our brain filters them out and we don't even perceive them. Psychosis is all about dysregulation of salience, salience being the neurological ability to distinguish relevant from irrelevant information. Everything becomes significant in psychosis. You can't even take a piss without feeling like you're pissing off the edge of the universe.

Antipsychotics suck so bad though. They work very well but they also take away your personality to a significant and noticeable degree. Not to mention weight gain and a lot of other side effects.

Feeling like a zombie is almost as bad as feeling like the secret reincarnation of Jesus Christ.
>>
>>80782084
Do you feel like you're giving another person a handjob when you beat your meat? Do you get disassociative dick episodes?
>>
>>80786179

I've done a lot of drugs and I've had a couple of psychotic breaks that had nothing to do with drugs, and I'd say of all the drugs the closest to psychosis is marijuana. Even the humor you get on marijuana. When I'm psychotic, I see puns everywhere and can laugh like a maniac. But I'm a manic depressive so the psychoses are very happy/going without sleep for days/ecstatic, progressing to paranoia and bizarre delusions. I always thought schizophrenics' psychoses are more unpleasant. Of course manic psychosis is also very unpleasant when you reach the extremes of it, it's like a hell.
>>
>>80786179
wtf...are you serious? when i first started smoking weed. whenever i would blink my eyes i would briefly see a face..and i would repeat something about the face being my face but not actually my face? i had a recording of it but lost it sadly
>>
>>80782084
Hey OP.

If I might ask, I know this might be a touchy subject but what is an episode like? Feel free to ignore my question if you don't want to answer.

I'm genuinely curious, I signed up for a psychology class to see if I could get some insight on some mental illnesses, but they never really touched much on the subject.
>>
OP why are you on /pol/ not /x/?

On a more serious note, were you abused young or can you think of any traumatic or experiential reason for your condition? Nature/nurture is hotly contested with schizophrenia.
>>
>>80791112
By being logical

>ok I have damaged my brain in some capacity in the short term
>it will go away
>fuck off I'm trying to sleep
>whatever
>fall asleep

I think the big issue for full blown skitzos is being unable to tell the difference between reality and a fiction.
>>
>>80793083
Yes.

Weed is probably enough to imbalance some brain chemistry in you.

The issue is it becomes more prevalent with more use.

You should probably stop smoking weed.
>>
File: questions.png (21 KB, 250x310) Image search: [Google]
questions.png
21 KB, 250x310
Why do schizo's see auras? All the schizo's I've talked to are fucking off on another planet laughing to themselves randomly. However, they all seem to see "auras".

Also, what meds are you on?

t. curious
>>
>>80782084
Hey OP I've been diagnoses with PDD (aspergers), multiple anxiety disorders, and bipolar. Also have mentions of psychotic symptoms in my history.

Lately I've been wondering if I'm actually schizophrenia spectrum and not autism spectrum, perhaps something like schizoaffective or schizotypal PD. I've had some sort of psychotic episode almost 2 years ago. Lasted 2-3 weeks and tapered off into an awesome zen-like afterglow. Never had one before or since. I totally had that feeling where EVERYTHING seemed significant (pissing off the edge of the universe included). There was a storm one day and the dark clouds overhead seemed ominous, like they were heralding something.

Also I'm 24 and smoke about a quarter ounce of weed per week these days. Been smoking consistently about 3 years now. Seems to relax me more than it makes me paranoid, but I'm not sure if it's good or bad for me. I can't seem to take being sober, I get way too anxious and paranoid about people.

What is your dad like with schizoaffective? I know im not schizophrenic.
Thread replies: 65
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.