[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
what's /pol/s opinion on bhuddism? >intergrates into
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /pol/ - Politically Incorrect

Thread replies: 42
Thread images: 7
File: 612siddhartha.png (76 KB, 300x402) Image search: [Google]
612siddhartha.png
76 KB, 300x402
what's /pol/s opinion on bhuddism?

>intergrates into societies that arent indian well
>bhuddists love genociding muzzies
>dalai Lama went full shitlord and told europe to send the refugees back

Is this a good religion or a shitty one?
>>
>>80779896
Its more superstitious and mystical than westerners think, and its end-game is nihilistic and life-denying.

But other than that, its okay. Its metaphysics were ahead of its time.
>>
>>80779896
i feel it makes a lot of sense for a religion. middle path, man; not too little, not too much. apply that to any principle or conundrum and it just makes sense
>>
>>80779896

"lmao who cares" the religion. if we want humanity to improve, religions like buddhism should be forgotten.

>inb4 hurr muslim
no im not, islam is a useless violent desert cult.
>>
>>80779896
The most redpilled of religions. It's not even as much of a religion as it is just a philosophy.
It's pretty great.
10/10
>>
>>80779896
Buddhism deals heavily with the connection between mind and matter, life and death, so it's pretty thought provoking stuff I'm sure everyone can relate to on some level, at the very least.

I say it's /pol/ approved. Not sure I'd call it a religion, though.
>>
>>80780044

>endgame is nihilistic and life denying

uh
>>
>>80780292

>says the fucking roach

get the fuck out
>>
File: 1467911787024.png (684 KB, 884x948) Image search: [Google]
1467911787024.png
684 KB, 884x948
>>80779896
Actually chink budhism is tolerable paganism since they dont go snackbar one people

White people budhism is pure cancer though
>>
>>80780773

>t. pang "ping" pong

dont forget to wear your yoga pants and pretend to be enlightened
>>
>>80779896

gay shit that teaches you to be a pious pussy

ive never met a buddhist who wasnt a huge pretentious vagina
>>
Religion of irrelevancy
>>
>>80780744
Implying its not. Its game end is, depending on who you ask, either complete dissolution of mind and personality OR unconditioned consciousness experiencing all possible phenomena simultaneously.

The latter of which is the rarer opinion and barely a sneeze away from Atman, which is the polar opposite of Buddhism.
>>
>>80779896
its not really a religion, but a way of thinking.

If you want to count it as a religion it'll be one of the best. Its peaceful, non aggressive, non degenerate...
>>
>>80780292
roaches..

>>80779896
referring to the dalai lama as a shitlord..
what should have been a wake up call to the regressive left was instead met with indignation and doubling down on authoritarian suicide of western culture in the name of narcissistic virtue signaling
>SO TOLERANT
>MUCH CULTURE
>>
>>80779896
Oriental nihilistic satanism. Buddha is burning in hell right now because he didn't believed in God.
>>
File: Cheerios.jpg (237 KB, 550x530) Image search: [Google]
Cheerios.jpg
237 KB, 550x530
I go meditating at a local monastery with my mum when I'm home from uni, shits pretty vibey. Everyones super chill there. Going tomorrow morning with her.
As an overall religion it's definitely the most compatible with the western world, more specifically Kampada Buddhism is really easy to get into. Would recommend everyone meditates though, religious or not its a useful ability. I don't particularly follow buddhism myself but do it more as a bonding thing with my mum.
>>
>>80781659
this

>>80779896
if you're smart you can just incorporate Buddhist principles without being a tool about it

It's not a religious dogma, more like a way of looking at the world
I don't buy all the hippy dippy shit about not harming animals and shit but the parts about samsara (the cycle of perpetual suffering) are based imo
>>
>>80782243
SPEAK ENGLISH SPIC
>>
>>80780292
Fuck you mudslime, if we want humanity to wallow in superstitious garbage until the sun dies we should become Islamic
>>80782243
I don't fucking care if you are family, faggots like you are the reason I'm voting to build that fucking wall
>>
File: aryaninvasionsofindia15.png (1 MB, 803x1139) Image search: [Google]
aryaninvasionsofindia15.png
1 MB, 803x1139
>>80779896
First known European religion we have record of. High caste Indians are [were] Aryan. Lots of synchronicity with Western Paganism and Solar-era Christianity. Pretty based.

Meditation is good times.
They're metaphysics is solid.
Conception of history is correct (wheels > lines)

But it has more or less degenerated into barbarism with the destruction of the caste system.

Still has access to Tradition.

>mfw people tell me Buddhism isn't a religion
>>
>>80783200
It's a philosophy. A way of thinking.
Saying Buddhism at its heart is a religion is to completely negate what The Dhammapada teaches.
It's like saying all Christians are Roman Catholic.
There's a lot of different types of Buddhism.
The Japanese (zen) version of it is probably the most interesting.
>>
File: Selection_999(587).jpg (389 KB, 1126x1122) Image search: [Google]
Selection_999(587).jpg
389 KB, 1126x1122
>>80781182
there is a reason for that and it has to do with vasudeva
>>
>>80783983
>It's a philosophy. A way of thinking
You can say that about any religion. Anything involving transcendence is a religion; especially when there are patterns of behavior and cultural norms associated with said religion.
>Japanese (zen)
This is true.
>The Dhammapada teaches.
How so?

To be clear; I don't think religion is bad. So my defining Buddhism as a religion is not a slight. I have Progressivism as a religion in my book as well.
>>
>>80779896
the middle way is the only way
>>
>>80779896
Dumb as fuck, but harmless. Buddhists are bro-tier. The authentic ones, not the white ladies who just call themselves Buddhist.
>>
>>80783983
theres 4 diff types of buddhism
>>
>>80783983
Right but also wrong.
All Christians are either Catholic or followers of Churches which are in communion with the Catholic Church. The rest are just heretics.
>>
>>80784713
>The rest are just heretics.
Harsh. How is it having a vacant see? Ecumenism when?
>>
Depending on what kind of Buddhism you choose to practice.

In Taiwan, most people practice Buddhism on a philosophical side rather than religiously. They still go to shrines and temple to pray for good fortunes and sometimes wear a amulet or prayer beads on their wrist and follow the moral code from Buddhist teaching but they won't recite the sutras or neccessarily believe in samsara and the cycle of life.

The original teaching is pure philosophy in my opinion since Buddha himself said not to worship him as a god but rather see him as a teacher.
>>
>>80784965
>The original teaching is pure philosophy in my opinion since Mohamed himself said not to worship him as a god but rather see him as a prophet
Transcendence = religion
>>
>>80785062
> Prophet

Mohamed claimed he speaks god's word, Buddha doesn't, he merely preach what he has saw with his own eyes and mind. Again, I said in my opinion.
>>
>>80785237
>Again, I said in my opinion.
I know. I hope I didn't come across as harsh. I don't think there needs to be established churches, priests, holy books, or what have you for religion to be in existence. Maybe I just have a looser definition.

I see Platonism as a religion too. Even stuff like Epicureanism.
>>
File: IMG_20160711_020934.jpg (217 KB, 992x1326) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20160711_020934.jpg
217 KB, 992x1326
>>80785437
labelling something as religion is just a definition really
it doesn't actually change anything
the texts stand by themselves
there's no point in joining a club is there
>>
>>80785666
What is the "inner mental continuum"? Sounds very similar to the Forms existing in the mind of God.
>>
>>80785904
>What is the "inner mental continuum"
the mind's sense-objects
because sensations arise within the mind, one false attributes the mind to have substance and objects to have substance
but this is disproved in the māṇḍūkya upaniṣad which states that all perceptions have a beginning and an end - including the mind - so are thus māyā and temporary, and subject to decay
>>
>>80782243
>implying your religion is more correct than the poo-in-the-loo's religion
>>
>>80786770
he doesn't even realize that Buddha listed the hell-realm
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Naraka_(Buddhism)
>>
>>80786507
So a rejection of dualism then? I can get down with that.
>>
File: Screenshot_20160713-013021.png (356 KB, 718x1277) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_20160713-013021.png
356 KB, 718x1277
>>80787439
>>
>>80779896
As you said buddhists are pretty based, and the religion itself is very practical.

>>80780292
What religion are you proposing ?
>>
>>80783983
You are technically right about buddhism not being a religion.
And i see this alot "Buddhism isnt a religion its a way of thinking" and as a buddhist we gotta make this clear. Buddhism proposes an afterlife, specifically rebirth, or release from rebirth if you become enlightened. Which is why its considered a religion or can be a religion. Zen is 100% philosophy though as its really a mix between two philosophical religions at teh core, buddhism and taoism brought together.
Thread replies: 42
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.