[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why is the west so degenerate compared to Eastern societies?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /pol/ - Politically Incorrect

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 2
File: singapore.jpg (136 KB, 1140x458) Image search: [Google]
singapore.jpg
136 KB, 1140x458
Why is the west so degenerate compared to Eastern societies?

>Singapore stands at the top of the international competition on “freedoms from:” It ranks first internationally in the World Bank’s measure of “regulatory quality” and second on The Heritage Foundation’s scale of economic freedom [First, of course, is Hong Kong], while the U.S. comes in 13th. Gallup’s 2014 World Poll found that eight in 10 Americans see “widespread corruption” in the U.S. government, compared with seven in the Philippines, six in Zimbabwe and one in Singapore. On the World Bank’s “rule of law” index, Singapore scores in the 95th percentile of nations, the U.S. scores in the 91st, the Philippines in the 42nd and Zimbabwe in the 2nd. With a population of almost six million, Singapore’s incidents of robbery were only a seventh of Boston’s, which has a population of only 650,000.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/graham-allison/singapore-challenges-democracy_b_7933188.html
>>
>>80777614

Singapore is a strict dictatorship
>>
I couldn't care less, in the west at least we don't ignore someone when they get hit by a car.
>>
The east is just as degenerate in many other ways. The only reason you pick on the West is because they're your worldwide powerhouse that is the most relevant in your media.
>>
It's a tax haven. Of course everything is so tightly regulated or policed to the shithouse. It's hardly a reflection on its society, more a reflection of the type of people that CAN live there, to maintain its status.

>tightly regulated micronation financial center
>OMG so progress
>>
>>80777714
Damn I was just a little too soon
>>80777777
>>
read moldbug
>>
>>80777614
How can you compare a country that is 6 times smaller than Saxony to the whole west ? Singapore has a similar GDP to fucking Greece. Singapore's GDP is artificial boosted through all the chinese billionaires stashing their money away from RPC control.
>>
>>80777614
>even chewing gum is illegal in singapore
yeah i definitely want to live in a place where basically everything is illegal, a very bland and safe society sounds awesome.
>>
>live in singapore
>choke on gum, spit it out
>get caned
>>
>>80777614
For example, societies in Eastern Europe had been isolated from the western influence because of communism.
>>
Having a soul is the price western countries pay
>>
>>80777614
>Singapore
It's a sci-fi hellhole.
You wouldn't want to live there.
>>
File: 1426909243731.jpg (478 KB, 1280x1256) Image search: [Google]
1426909243731.jpg
478 KB, 1280x1256
>>80779883
Like this?
>>
>>80780018
More like The Twilight Zone. You'd be lost in a forest of concrete and glass, and all the "humans" around you are ghost entities.
>>
>>80780995
Oh man you just reminded me. I torrented the complete series of Twilight Zone and I haven't gotten around to watching it yet.
Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.