[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Roman Catholicism vs Eastern Orthodox
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /pol/ - Politically Incorrect

Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 87
So which one is true holy Church? Is it possible that they are both responsible for schism in 1054?
>>
>>80753912
The Church of Kek
>>
File: orthodox btfo.png (896 KB, 1404x2212) Image search: [Google]
orthodox btfo.png
896 KB, 1404x2212
>>
>>80754214

But I don't think St. Peter would claim he is infallible. He wasn't the most important person even on the council of Jerusalem.
>>
>>80754733
Peter built the church. Bible confirms it (Matthew 16:18). Unless you can dispute it with the bible, I'm just going to dismiss it as bullshit.
>>
>>80755763

I thought Jesus was the founder of the Church. How exactly Matthew 16:18 confirms that Peter is the most important bishop in the Church?
>>
>>80753912
Both shitty cults with nothing going for either of them.
>>
>>80754214
Wow, look at all those adulterers, pedophiles, murderers and whoremongers in that "unbroken" chain that includes anti-popes by the dozens.
>>
>>80755763
Petros is not the petra.

If you don't know what this means, it means your church's claims are bullshit.
>>
>>80756231
i may be quoting it incorrectly. i'm not a priest or a scholar

>>80756624
don't confuse the pope with god himself. the Catholic Church held immense power over many countries. men fight over power.
>>
>>80756525

Unlike protestants, they are both succesor of the first apostoles, also protestantism is either cucked (abortion, gay marriage, women clergy) or stupid (earth is 6000 years old).
>>
File: hue.jpg (62 KB, 284x200) Image search: [Google]
hue.jpg
62 KB, 284x200
>>80756742
>if you're not greek, your claims are bullshit
>>
>>80753912
Nobody gives a shit
>>
>>80754733
Peter only claimed to be one of the brothers; in fact, Peter was sent by the apostles, and the sent is less than the senders:

Acts 8:14 Now when the apostles who were at Jerusalem heard that Samaria had received the word of God, they sent Peter and John to them....

And of course Paul dressed Peter down for hypocrisy in front of everyone:

Galatians 2:14 But when I saw that they were not straightforward about the truth of the gospel, I said to Peter before them all, “If you, being a Jew, live in the manner of Gentiles and not as the Jews, why do you compel Gentiles to live as Jews?

And then Peter dies proclaiming his love for Paul:

2 Peter 3
as also our beloved brother Paul, according to the wisdom given to him, has written to you, 16 as also in all his epistles, speaking in them of these things, in which are some things hard to understand, which untaught and unstable people twist to their own destruction, as they do also the rest of the Scriptures.

And then of course the half-lie the papists tell the unwitting about the real foundation of the church:

Ephesians 2
Now, therefore, you are no longer strangers and foreigners, but fellow citizens with the saints and members of the household of God, having been built on the foundation of the apostles and prophets, Jesus Christ Himself being the chief cornerstone, in whom the whole building, being fitted together, grows into a holy temple in the Lord, in whom you also are being built together for a dwelling place of God in the Spirit.

Rome is built on lies.
>>
>>80757034
The popes confuse themselves with God Himself by calling themselves the Vicar of Christ.

One pope even said that he was the way, the truth, and the life.

And of course the papists hold that nobody outside the roman church is saved.

You were right about one thing; one of us is certainly confused.
>>
>>80757239
They lie and say that they are, but they're just lies.
>>
>>80757249
If you can't tell the Petros from the petra, you're probably in the clutches of hell. The Church of Peter can't save anyone.
>>
>>80754214
>Peter founds the Church
>>
Universal Church doctrine is anti biblical
Further, both these you cited dramatically underperform God's wishes as made clear in the Bible
>>
File: Belief_in_God.png (79 KB, 1856x2400) Image search: [Google]
Belief_in_God.png
79 KB, 1856x2400
>>80755763
I'll give you the direct answer

The rock upon which the church was built is the confession that Christ is Lord, not Peter himself
>>
>>
File: Political_ideology.png (68 KB, 1856x2400) Image search: [Google]
Political_ideology.png
68 KB, 1856x2400
>>
File: Views_about_homosexuality.png (77 KB, 1856x2400) Image search: [Google]
Views_about_homosexuality.png
77 KB, 1856x2400
>>80757239
Protestant is a very general term today
What group are you a part of and how do its professors compare to evangelicals?
>>
File: jp2.jpg (244 KB, 770x480) Image search: [Google]
jp2.jpg
244 KB, 770x480
>>80757708
>and then he said to me "if you're not greek, your claims are bullshit, and you're going to hell"
>>
the holy fire only is lit only on Orthodox Easter, so I'll leave you with that
>>
Well there's nothing meek about either one.

Evangelical Christianity is falling into the same pattern with its megachurches.

Seriously, when did Christianity decide to abandon its humbleness?

We could do so much good with the resources we funnel into building mega-churches.
>>
File: Views_about_size_of_government.png (74 KB, 1856x2400) Image search: [Google]
Views_about_size_of_government.png
74 KB, 1856x2400
>>80758838
At what level do you deem a church is "too rich"?
Is it a proportion of their spending on salaries vs missions?
>>
>>80753912
I'd say Orthodoxy, Roman church really ended up doing a lot of bullshit things over centuries, far more than Orthodox Church.
I also find Orthodox theology more appealing, philosophically speaking.
On the other hand, I don't claim there's no corruption, historic or contemporary, in Orthodox church.
>>
>>80753912
Fuck off with your divide and conquer kike shit.
Both are based.
>>
File: 1425318352822.png (847 KB, 960x720) Image search: [Google]
1425318352822.png
847 KB, 960x720
Both are the true holy church. In Christianity's heyday in the Roman Empire, it was truly a bilingual religion.

The schism didn't exactly just 'happen' in 1054, it was a 1000 year long, and still ongoing, process due to internal conflict based on Latin/Rome primacy, but mostly external conflict which made each church focused on solving their own problems instead of working together. In the west, the Latin church was busy trying to hold together the Roman state from infighting between the military class, and constant raids from pagans and muslims. The Greek church was busy in their own theaters fighting similar threats. The muslim predation on the Mediterranean precluded any practical military alliance or even economic activity between the two fairly homogeneous cultures until the time of the crusades.

By this time, the two cultures had been isolated from one another for long enough that there was significant tension in reunifying the church. Some elements of the western world took advantage of the Eastern church's weakness to further their own economic and military goals(looking at you Venice). Rome, meanwhile, was struggling to maintain its own dominance in the west, which complicated the sensitive issues of uniting the two churches. However, the dominant sentiment among the people and leaders of both churches was reunification. In fact, shortly before the final death of the long tortured Roman state at the hands of the Turks, an agreement was reached to unify. But it was too little, too late.

I don't know much of what happened after this desu. But I think the message everyone should take from history is that petty struggles over primacy based on scripture and posturing for power is the single most detrimental affliction which harms the church, even today.
>>
Cuckolics are jewish collaborators

the vatican was a mistake

only the Orthodox Church is the one true holy and apostolic church
>>
>>80757772
peter was the rock if you're missing the metaphor of Matthew 16:18

>>80758835
Pope Gregory IX of the one true church denounced it as both fake and gay.
>>
>>80758681
Evil looking cunts.

In Russia and Greece, monks and priests do not possess cars and other luxuries like homes.
These fags are rolling in blood money luxuries on the other hand.
>>
File: MapPatriarchates.gif (20 KB, 324x232) Image search: [Google]
MapPatriarchates.gif
20 KB, 324x232
pope is a rogue patriarch that decided he's more important than the others
>>
File: Views_about_abortion.png (71 KB, 1856x2400) Image search: [Google]
Views_about_abortion.png
71 KB, 1856x2400
>>80759044
You answer the question of which has divine authority based on "which is more appealing"?
I think I agree with you that the Greeks are preferable in many ways, but this doesn't translate to a "true church"
>>
>>80759311
>In Russia and Greece, monks and priests do not possess cars and other luxuries like homes.
You're wrong.
It's looked down upon more but they absolutely do.
Monks of course don't, but I'm sure Catholic monks are same.
>>
>>80753912
>wanting anything with catholics
have you taken your rapefugee yet dear good Samaritan?
>>
>>80759479
I'm talking about real monks and priests.
>>
>>80759311
>In Russia and Greece, monks and priests do not possess cars and other luxuries like homes.
They actually do.

Not that it means anything, I don't think there was a single major religion in history of mankind where priests were actually poor and humble.
>>
File: vatican-city-walls-3.jpg (330 KB, 700x464) Image search: [Google]
vatican-city-walls-3.jpg
330 KB, 700x464
>>80759264
>the vatican was a mistake
Yes, defending Europe from muslims was a mistake. kys

orthodox were busy playing with themselves when Catholics were fighting the muslims invaders.

These walls aren't for decoration. It was for creating a stronghold to prevent another Constantinople.
>>
>>80759588
I'm not talking about Moscow patriarch priests, I'm talking about the real priests and monks not in contact with the hierarchy (false hierarchy).
>>
>>80753912
almost wraiths those guys.
>>
>>80759745
Well, there is probably a comparable number of "real" Catholic priests and monks too.
>>
>>80759329
>goes against thousand year papacy starting with Peter
>calls legitimate leader a rogue
lol
>>
>>80759329
This too pretty much. Considering most of the other patriarchates went under in the islamic invasions, it isn't surprising that the Latins had to restructure the power relations, especially when you consider the fragility of the western world at that time.
>>
>>80759847
There isn't, most are in the eastern church.
>>
>>80759424
I'm not a real believer. I just find Christianity cool and positive for society.
Arguably both distanced themselves from early church, Catholics perhaps more.
There's a lot of shit in Catholic history that's kinda hard to defend. For start, why force the use of Latin?
>>80759329
Pretty much. Roman patriarch is first among equals, but not the head boss.
>>
>>80759582
>no true Scotsman
>>
File: 1467581229326.png (2 MB, 1212x1564) Image search: [Google]
1467581229326.png
2 MB, 1212x1564
>>
File: wuut.jpg (104 KB, 640x640) Image search: [Google]
wuut.jpg
104 KB, 640x640
>>80754044

first post bong post
>>
>>80753912
>So which one is true holy Church?
The Lutheran-Calvinist reformed one.
>>
>>80760051
There's only one truth and one path.

Everything else is evil.
>>
>>80760107
>kekery and humiliation
Yes because life of Jesus was one of epic win, material wealth and glory.
>>
File: l3.jpg (32 KB, 320x315) Image search: [Google]
l3.jpg
32 KB, 320x315
>>80759686
kek, catholic church literally invented islam and supported it on middle east for centuries
>>
>>80757581
Source?
>>
>>80759686
>orthodox were busy playing with themselves
Except all that fighting between Byzantines and Muslims that lasted almost a millennium?
Or Russians fighting Turks for several centuries?
Meanwhile, I'm pretty sure very Catholic France had an alliance with Turks.
It's dumb to generalize.
>>
>>80760373
>Catholic Church literally invented islam
is this what they teach you gypsies in your meme church? No, the Catholic Church slayed converted or slayed muslims.
>>
>>80760017
> For start, why force the use of Latin?
You have to realize that Latin was THE intellectual language in the west. It was the language that philosophy, mathematics, science, history, law, and obviously theology was written and understood in. All other western languages were spoken by primitive tribal people and did not have the infrastructure to accommodate Roman thoughts and culture. Not forcing Latin would be like not forcing people at an American university to speak English.

You have to get out of the mindset that this was somehow oppressive. Learning Latin was an opportunity to learn period. Of course this became gradually less and less true as society progressed, but it was more like the Latin language was absorbed into local languages. Just look at English if you want to see how important Latin was as an intellectual language. It's still arguably beneficial to have basic knowledge of Latin, or at least a keen perception of Latin influenced etymology.
>>
>>80760624
Through barbarity the Catholics turned Islam into the Islam it is today.
>>
>>80759888

Pope's primacy has a longer history. It was the case in second, third century.

Tertulian

>"For though you think that heaven is still shut up, remember that the Lord left the keys of it to Peter here, and through him to the Church, which keys everyone will carry with him if he has been questioned and made a confession [of faith]" (Antidote Against the Scorpion 10 [A.D. 211]).

>"[T]he Lord said to Peter, ‘On this rock I will build my Church, I have given you the keys of the kingdom of heaven [and] whatever you shall have bound or loosed on earth will be bound or loosed in heaven’ [Matt. 16:18–19]. . . . Upon you, he says, I will build my Church; and I will give to you the keys, not to the Church" (Modesty 21:9–10 [A.D. 220]).
>>
>>80760730
Yeah but most of ordinary folks didn't know Latin. It kinda reeks of Islamic-style proto-nationalist indoctrination (''Arab is spoken in heaven'').
>>
>>80760779

t. SJW

Islam was always about conquer.
>>
>>80760584
his ass
>>
>>80760779
how cucked are you? mohammad was a pedophile and a bloodthirsty tyrant. he took many wives turning other men into angry /r9k/ neckbeards that were willing to do anything if their chad commanded it. that goes against nearly everything in the bible.
>>
>>80760945

Ordinary folks didn't even read.
>>
File: 1466237575996.jpg (337 KB, 1025x725) Image search: [Google]
1466237575996.jpg
337 KB, 1025x725
>>80753912

Orthodoxy is the one true faith. The last great council they had was in the 8th century. A lot of the things that Luther had an issue with and protestants continue to have an issue with were doctrines that were added by the Romans after the schism. Rome broke communion with the other 4 Patriarchs and as a result of going their own way it led to 30,000 different sects forming and saying to hell with anything related to Roman-Catholicism. If that weren't bad enough, Vatican II watered down the faith even more to the point where a lot of Catholic parishes are so modernized they are closer to being protestant parishes than being Orthodox parishes. Meanwhile the Orthodox world suffered through the Ottoman Empire as well as the Soviet Union and emerged with the same faith they had since the Apostolic age. Orthodoxy is the ancient faith, going to an Orthodox parish or monastery is like hopping in a time machine and going back at least 600 years before the fall of Constantinople.
>>
>>80758835
any miracle that happens based on an always changing human calendar (i.e. human needs and expectations) is obviously fake. God makes miracles to teach a lesson, not to create a show.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UKwSz_XrIf8
>>
>>80760945
Yeah, but the difference is that Latin, as well as Greek, had the intellectual background to make their claims valid. Arabic, on the other hand, had to wait to absorb Greek concepts from their conquered nations before they made any technological or philosophical innovations.

Furthermore, as far as I can tell everyone was encouraged to learn Latin and the church supplied teachers and schools and opportunities to do so. I don't know if Muslims extended the same generosity to their lower class, but somehow I imagine they didn't.
>>
>>80761249
They could still listen.
>>
>>80761160
Except it doesn't.

I bet you don't even know what jihad even means.
>>
File: Walls_of_Constantinople.jpg (829 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
Walls_of_Constantinople.jpg
829 KB, 1920x1080
>>80759686
>Cuckolics were busy playing with themselves when Orthodox Byzantium were fighting the muslim and pagan invaders.

>These walls aren't for decoration. It was for creating a stronghold to prevent another Rome and Jerusalem
>>
File: 1463947297909-1.png (656 KB, 1198x923) Image search: [Google]
1463947297909-1.png
656 KB, 1198x923
>>80759264
you should read up on history if you unironically think that.
>>
>>80753912
The Orthodox Church have strong ties with ethnic groups, and I think this is wrong, because the concept of ethnicity or race shouldn't exist in christianity, because this is a religion for all people, without making differences between people.
>>
>>80760730
if you want to understand "latin-influenced etymology" you might as well study Italian. you learn what weird words like "olfactory" and "impeccable" actually mean.
>>
>>80761289

But orthodox allowes divorce. I don't remeber any church fathers, councils, saints during the firts 1000 years of christianity who allowed divorce.
>>
>>80753912
we are both part of the same truth, the apostolic authority, we are 2 sides of same coin.
>>
>>80761539
Yeah but notice how despite that Orthodoxy never experienced things like anti-popes and Protestantism.
It is united in things that matter.
>>
File: lepanto.png (2 MB, 1366x768) Image search: [Google]
lepanto.png
2 MB, 1366x768
>>80761479
Orthodox were being BTFO by muslim invaders.
after pic related happen, you absolutely cannot claim Catholicism isn't the True Church, stay mad
>>
>>80761289

Greek-Catholicism is the correct faith. It's basically a union between Orthodoxy and Catholicism. A return to pre-Schism harmony.
>>
>>80761799
No it's not.
>>
>>80761511
>he doesn't know about Vatican II
kill yourself bellisimo

>>80761539
Orthodox churches aren't divided by ethnicity or race dumbass. The churches are governed by Patriarchs that oversee the canons and laws of the church of a people and of their traditions.

Roman Catholicism = multi kulti

Orthodoxy = sovereignty, actual celebration of cultural differences without mixing of peoples and their cultures
>>
>>80760287
>>80760945
>why force the use of Latin
Tradition. Something these heretical Catholic Church copies don't believe in. Royalty often spoke several language, and Latin was used for politics.

>>80761409
We don't practice polygamy and jihad. Crusades were to take our land back land that was at the time being taken by their caliphate. You're not bringing much to the table for discussion.

>Italian
>Latin
They don't have remotely the same grammar. Italian completely ignores Latin declension. Shit, Polish grammar is closer to Latin grammar than Italian and they sound nothing alike.
>>
>>80761606
Impeccable comes from peccadillo, no? I'd love to learn Italian, though I think the first thing I should do is get a better grasp of French.
>>
>>80761779
Orthodox countries also enabled Stalinism. Western leftist degeneracy never managed to install Communism in the West, but Communism settled right at home in Orthodox lands.

Greeks are 99% orthodox and are among the most left-wing nations.

Orthodoxy has some good conservative ideas, but when it had the chance to prove them, it cucked out.
>>
>>80761708
The Orthodox Church is experiencing criticism in Romania because of greedy corupted priests and bishops. So is not that united anymore.
>>
>>80761404

Sermons were in native language. Latin was a lingua franca of intellectuals, leaf explained it earlier here >>80760730
In my opinion latin also represented a trule catholic (universal) church. In every parish the mass were the same. Unfortunately it has changed.
>>
File: 1683.jpg (135 KB, 568x800) Image search: [Google]
1683.jpg
135 KB, 568x800
>>80753912
Both was invented in the 15-16 century.
>>
File: stjohnchrysostom.jpg (315 KB, 900x600) Image search: [Google]
stjohnchrysostom.jpg
315 KB, 900x600
>>80761655

I know St. John Chrysostom did in cases of adultery, as Christ specified in Mt 19:9. I'm sure there were more, but in any case it is something the Orthodox world practiced before the schism. And if it means anything, there are talks of the RCC relaxing their divorce rules into being more like ours, so either we were right the whole time, or we were wrong and the Romans are about to be wrong too.
>>
>>80762022
It is wrong the fact that this church is divided in many autocephalous churches instead of being united like the Catholic Church.
>>
File: In the year 1600.jpg (77 KB, 960x720) Image search: [Google]
In the year 1600.jpg
77 KB, 960x720
>>80761708
>Orthodoxy never experienced things like anti-popes
Orthodoxy has plenty of popes. Not all of them were good either, but they were so irrelevant that nobody gives a shit about it
>and Protestantism.
Protestantism wasn't born out of theological problems, which always presented themselves sometimes since Catholicism is so widespread and people are naturally against authority. It was born out of economic interests and jewish influence on european nobility. It's dishonest to blame Catholicism for those, that were out of its control

>>80762022
>muh Vatican II boogeyman
First of all: not as bad as you faggots claim it is. Secondly:
What does that have to do with the fact Jews have been trying to destroy the Catholic Church since 33AD? How about the fact that Catholic mystics foresaw the degeneration of the world that would happen in the second half of the 20th century, since the 1300s? How about the fact the Church of the two Popes was foreseen in 1800s exactly as it is now? God lets the Church go through difficulties to teach us something, that doesn't mean it is the wrong Church, quite the opposite really.

>>80762090
You are right. People think Orthodoxy is immune to modern degeneracy but that's easy as fuck when you were cut out from the world until 20 years ago and most of your young people with "modern ideas" are in western countries. And yet Eastern Europe is being "modernized" too, it's just a matter of time.
>Orthodoxy has some good conservative ideas, but when it had the chance to prove them, it cucked out.
This
>>
>>80753912
Catholicism is a Cybele cult heresy. They introduced virtual (?) castration of the priests and the cult of Holy Mother of God.
Catholics think Mary was saint before she gave birth to Jesus, thus changing the point from "motherhood is sacred", "bringing truth to the world makes you saint" to some degenenerate pagan dogma, that woman is saint by herself, because she can give births.

We all see, where this is going today.
>>
>>80762022

>Roman Catholicism = multi kulti

That just shows how little you know. Roman Catholicism is about a spiritual brotherhood, not about racemixing.

>Orthodoxy = sovereignty, actual celebration of cultural differences without mixing of peoples and their cultures

Orthodox "sovereignty" was used by the enemies of Christianity to keep Orthodoxy subdued. It is a religion that has evolved to live under the yoke of Empire. The Ottoman Empire basically allowed Orthodoxy to survive and developed along the lines the Turks desired.

Catholicism, on the other hand, evolved to guide Empire.
>>
>>80761539
Christianity was local/ethnic since beginning, hence many patriarchs

Church translated the Bible to the languages of common people or if they were illiterate it created alphabet for them

Vatican decided to take a stance of being above all, latin only and unquestionable authority in all matter of faith imposing it's will upon others

Orthodoxy preserved original form of union of autocephalous Churches
>>
>>80753912

Well /OP/ the Eastern Emperor with the help of the Orthodox once arrested, imprisoned, and held a Pope until his death in the 600's and then threatened to do the same to the next Bishop who came after him for disobeying the other churches and trying to be the boss of all the churches, so clearly the Orthodox is based and thus the true Church.
>>
File: graced.png (2 MB, 1366x768) Image search: [Google]
graced.png
2 MB, 1366x768
>>80762559
>virtual (?) castration
You are a virtual(?) idiot then
> the cult of Holy Mother of God.
Mary's sinlessness is absolutely biblical. Pic related is absolutey undefeatable by any filthy heretic.
>>
>>80762022
>Roman Catholicism = multi kulti
Did you know that after Brexit, Pope Francis spoke against the EU and said that it should change to be a place where "different countries" come together in harmony and respect of their different identities?
>>
>>80759269
>>80761338
ayyy, fuck off catholic heretics
>>
>>80762559
you wut m8?
>>
>>80762681
>Church translated the Bible to the languages of common people or if they were illiterate it created alphabet for them

Nonsense. In Romania, for example, the Orthodox Church preached in Old Slavonic for 800 years before they were basically forced to acknowledge we have our own language.

And it was in fact the Greek-Catholic church which introduced Romanian for the first time in churches.
>>
>>80762681
Orthodoxy accepted Papal Supremacy in the Council of Florence, but when they went back home they were forced to give up reconciliation with Rome by the muslim invaders and the local butthurt population.
>>
File: l5.jpg (49 KB, 330x479) Image search: [Google]
l5.jpg
49 KB, 330x479
>>80762612
Islam was invented by Catholic Church

It was also supported by it through the centuries up to today so it can keep weakening ex-byzantine countries and Orthodoxy as whole

It's pretty much like USA - Isis relation
>>
File: 1466335423587.png (275 KB, 500x492) Image search: [Google]
1466335423587.png
275 KB, 500x492
>>80763448
so you are a delusional troll, ok
>>
>>80763381
>Romanian
oh pls shut up fucking gypsy you did not have a language 800 years ago
>>
File: Screenshot_20160712-131449.jpg (290 KB, 1440x793) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_20160712-131449.jpg
290 KB, 1440x793
even satan him(her)self is defending his "church"
>>
>>80762329

Still divorce was no performed by the church as a whole. Counciles also were against and they did not make any exceptions.

>And if it means anything, there are talks of the RCC relaxing their divorce rules into being more like ours, so either we were right the whole time, or we were wrong and the Romans are about to be wrong too.

I know, and this is very sad.
>>
File: 1462029759629.jpg (675 KB, 1200x1750) Image search: [Google]
1462029759629.jpg
675 KB, 1200x1750
>>80762612
>Catholicism, on the other hand, evolved to guide Empire

"It is very clear that the very assumption of the title pontifex maximus by the head of the Christian religion, the pope, turned out to be more or less a usurpation, since pontifex magnus was originally a function of the king and of the Roman Augustus. Likewise, the characteristic symbols of the papacy, the double keys and the ship, were borrowed from the ancient Roman cult of Janus. The papal tiara itself derives from a dignity that was not religious or priestly, but essentially initiatory, and from the dignity proper of the "Lord of the Center" or of the sovereign of the three worlds." In all this we can visibly detect a distortion and an abusive shift of dimension that, although they occurred in a hidden way, are nevertheless real and testify to a significant deviation from the pure traditional ideal." - Julius Evola
>>
>>80758681
JPII openly worshiped Mary and credited Mary for stopping the assassin's bullet.

You're in a mother earth cult.
>>
>>80763654

Serbs have been genetically engineered by Muslim Turks to be paranoid and delusional.
>>
File: 1443767907872.jpg (406 KB, 1920x1277) Image search: [Google]
1443767907872.jpg
406 KB, 1920x1277
>>80762358
>>80762358
>it is wrong the fact that this is how the churches first came to originate

>it is wrong that Christ himself appointed his apostles to establish His church in all of these kingdoms

>>80762612
I've been to many Catholic church services. I couldn't handle the amount of heresy I was witnessing. Priest was more of a protestant pastor than a priest.

>sponsoring muslim migrants into Canada
>encouraging respecting different cultures and religions
>allowing women to handout the Eucharist
>allowing women to conduct liturgy
>guitars and pianos AT CHURCH
>trying to be "hip" and "urban" when he would give a homily
>so much more

Why don't you go kiss some more Korans and refugee feet, cuck

come talk to me when anyone from rome looks like pic related
>>
File: wew4.png (248 KB, 854x439) Image search: [Google]
wew4.png
248 KB, 854x439
>>80763759
wow really makes you think, I am a #lutherMissile now
>>
File: 1468343719852.jpg (45 KB, 554x439) Image search: [Google]
1468343719852.jpg
45 KB, 554x439
Choosing between two different flavors of idolatry.
>>
>>80760584
1. Popes are called Vicars of Christ.

2. Pope Pius IX said, “I alone… am the successor of the apostles, the vicar of Jesus Christ. I am the way, the truth, and the life…” (6) Pope Pius IX , History of the Christian Church, by Henry Charles Sheldon, p. 59.

3. Pope Francis I “You cannot find Jesus outside the Church.” (13)

Pope Innocent III “With our hearts we believe and with our lips we confess but one Church, not that of the heretics, but the Holy Roman Catholic and Apostolic Church, outside which we believe that no one is saved.” (14)

Pope Boniface VIII “We declare, assert, define and pronounce to be subject to the Roman Pontiff is to every creature altogether necessary for salvation… I have the authority of the King of Kings. I am all in all, and above all, so that God Himself and I, the Vicar of Christ, have but one consistory, and I am able to do almost all that God can do. What therefore, can you make of me but God?” (15)

Pope Pius IX “It must be held by faith that outside the Apostolic Roman Church, no one can be saved;” (16)

Pope Clement VI said, “No man outside obedience to the Pope of Rome can ultimately be saved. All who have raised themselves against the faith of the Roman Church, and died in final impenitence have been damned, and gone down to Hell.” (17)

Pope Leo XII said, “We profess that there is no salvation outside the (Catholic) Church. …For the Church is the pillar and ground of the truth. With reference to those words Augustine says: `If any man be outside the Church he will be excluded from the number of sons, and will not have God for Father since he has not the Church for mother.’” (18)
>>
>>80764134
(13) Pope Francis I , EWTN Global Catholic News, pronounced on April 23 in the Apostolic Palace’s Pauline Chapel.
(14) Pope Innocent III, Denzinger 423
(15) Pope Boniface VIII , Papal Bull Unam Sanctam A.D. 1302
(16) Pope Pius IX, Denzinger 1647
(17) Pope Clement VI, “Super Quibusdam,” as cited in “Apostolic Digest, Book V: The Book of Obedience”
(18) Pope Leo XII, Encyclical, Ubi Primum
>>
File: SocialKingshipPopeLeoXIII.jpg (23 KB, 480x228) Image search: [Google]
SocialKingshipPopeLeoXIII.jpg
23 KB, 480x228
>>80763926
totally legit story m8
>>
>>80763045
are you trying to prove me right or something?
>>
>>80761126
>>80764134
>>80764158
>>
>>80763045
>globalism
God establishes the borders. Not man.
>>
>>80760624
What Islam knows about Jesus it learned from gnostics and catholics. That's why it doesn't know anything about Jesus.
>>
>>80761289
No church can save you.

No church ever saved anyone.
>>
>>80761511
They're right. Catholics are virulently anti-semetic, even though Jesus is a Jew.
>>
>>80764380
Pretty much.
>>
File: 1465248191298.jpg (69 KB, 460x550) Image search: [Google]
1465248191298.jpg
69 KB, 460x550
>>80764134
Did you even check the references? I checked number 15 for example, here:
http://www.newadvent.org/library/docs_bo08us.htm
And that quote isn't there.
Not even gonna bother with the rest. If you believe this shit-tier heretic propaganda you are a literal idiot.

>>80764251
Can you speak English? His point was to respect individual identities without pushing them aside. How is that multi kulti?
>>
>>80761655
Jesus made a provision for divorce because of the hardness of men's hearts.

Are you saying Jesus made a mistake?
>>
>>80764517
Yeah its pretty weird.
>>
>>80764517
anti-semetic
Are you anti-aryanic for being anti German or anti Russian?
>>
>>80753912
Anglicism you fucking papist scum
>>
>>80762906
Absolute heresy, blasphemy and abomination.

So, typical catholic/orthodox nonsense about worshiping Mary as a god.
>>
>>80764599
>russians
>aryans
lmao, american education
>>
File: kek.png (187 KB, 1313x637) Image search: [Google]
kek.png
187 KB, 1313x637
>>80764179
>totally legit story m8

aaaah, I know the truth hurts man. Ignorance truly is bliss.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W1UPSpxfO3k
>>
>>80764556
Urged by faith, we are obliged to believe and to maintain that the Church is one, holy, catholic, and also apostolic. We believe in her firmly and we confess with simplicity that outside of her there is neither salvation nor the remission of sins, as the Spouse in the Canticles [Sgs 6:8] proclaims: "One is my dove, my perfect one. She is the only one, the chosen of her who bore her," and she represents one sole mystical body whose Head is Christ and the head of Christ is God [1 Cor 11:3]. In her then is one Lord, one faith, one baptism [Eph 4:5]. There had been at the time of the deluge only one ark of Noah, prefiguring the one Church, which ark, having been finished to a single cubit, had only one pilot and guide, i.e., Noah, and we read that, outside of this ark, all that subsisted on the earth was destroyed.

Normal people don't seem to have a problem finding it.
>>
>>80764599
No one knows what ethnicity Jesus was, only vague interpretation, it has nothing to do with the truths we encountered and what is good which is what is Holy, all that is good.
>>
You do realise that the term "Orthodox" in "Orthodox Catholic Church" has a teological meaning and background, right?
Ecumenical councils and their proclamations are the only actual criteria.

That being said, fuck Christianity, it is a weakling religion of martyrs and suffering, twisted over centuries into various cults and nonsense.
>>
>>80758835
Catholics have the fire ceremony on Easter as well. Silly Macedonia
>>
>>80764517
Catholics are anti-semitic against Jews who are Jews in the religious sense (which Jesus is not).
>>
>>80758602
>Among catholics*
Among american catholics*
>>
>>80756742
Petros is the masculinization of petra, which is femenine. If that aren't related at all, why Jesus didn't call Peter instead, Zygotus, or Sunshine?
>>
File: 1465269341891.png (706 KB, 588x677) Image search: [Google]
1465269341891.png
706 KB, 588x677
>>80764691
>literally no arguments but insults
The Bible in its original greek is absolutely clear. Mary was sinless.

>>80764707
>le progressive pope boogeyman
literally no argument

>>80764841
So? It is completely different than the quote you posted, quotes the Bible in many places and is absolutely correct in all its statements. If you are so sure you are right, why don't you let the text speak instead of paraphrasing it through shit-tier propaganda conjured-up by part-time pastor who never even finished high-school? And why do you believe drivel spouted by such men?
>>
>>80764599
Indians are the true Aryans.
>>
>>80764567

Not Jesus but Moses. Jesus ban divorce exept for sexual immorality (poor translation) which means divorce (annulment of marriage) can happen if marriage wasn't valid.
>>
>>80759231
This. Both are true in their own ways, they are just different branches of the church established by Christ. Apostolic succession and the sacraments are the same.
>>
>>80764841
And that is exactly wrong with that?
>>
>>80764956
No, the Vatican is basically the Synagogue of Satan. Ironically.
>>
>>80765084
Two completely different words with completely different meanings.

Petros- man's name, masculine word
petra - rock or cliff, feminine word

"I shall call you Peter, and upon you, Peter, will I build my church."

--Things Jesus never said.

"Get thee behind me satan"

--Things Jesus did say to Peter.
>>
You trully have to be a delusional simpleton to believe in the heavenly mandate of the Pope, seeing what type of forgeries took place during the existence of Catholic Church. Not to mention the extreme number of Popes who went against practically every proposition of being a Pope.

But the world does need obedient servants, and a prosperous civilisation requires drones. So you lot have that going for you.
>>
>>80765175
All have sinned (except Mary!) and come short of the glory of God (except Mary!).

Catholic bible only.

There are none righteous (but Mary!), no, not one (except for Mary!).

Catholic tradition only.
>>
File: DSC_0142.jpg (294 KB, 1415x939) Image search: [Google]
DSC_0142.jpg
294 KB, 1415x939
>>80765385
the funny thing is that you don't understand this because you are an uneducated american that can only speak English and doesn't know how gendered nouns work.
>"I shall call you Peter, and upon you, Peter, will I build my church."
That's literally what he says, lmao
>>
>>80765175
>It is completely different than the quote you posted,

It's the source of the "there's no salvation outside of the church."

Your reading comprehension sucks as bad as your Google skills.
>>
>>80765175
>le progressive pope boogeyman is not an argument
aah except that it is an argument you cuck

I'm even starting to see more and more of gay acceptance stickers on Cuckolic churches

http://www.catholicworldreport.com/Content/Site140/Blog/4443safezonesti_00000003979.jpg
>>
File: Vatican_5790196148.jpg (65 KB, 930x532) Image search: [Google]
Vatican_5790196148.jpg
65 KB, 930x532
>>80765558
>It's the source of the "there's no salvation outside of the church."
That's true though, there is no salvation outside the Church
>>
File: 1466138444366-1.jpg (83 KB, 960x693) Image search: [Google]
1466138444366-1.jpg
83 KB, 960x693
>>80765753
sinners gonna sin anon. Dogma doesn't change though, and never will. Plenty of people who call themselves Catholic but don't live like one. God will judge them. The Catholic faith hasn't changed though. You are free to go hide yourself in your sekrit little club of edgy outcasts that want to be orthodox because it is so easy and sheltered in le current year. That's totally just as honourable as the martyrs who didn't just have to sacrifice social prestige for Christ, but even their lives. To each their own I guess.
>>
>>80765385
Petros wasn't a man's name before that. Jesus literally invented that name for Simon by masculinizing the word for rock.
>>
>>80765212

How sad that you think Moses invented the Law of Moses.
>>
>>80765232
It's the claim made by every cult on earth. Only our members go to heaven.

It's proof Roman Catholicism is a cult.
>>
>>80766390
>It's the claim made by every cult on earth. Only our members go to heaven.
So Christianity in its entirety is a cult?
>>
>>80765753
>le swim against stream meme
>christianity being a stream thats ok to follow
>>
>>80765530
My German is respectable, and my Greek enough to know that Jesus took pains so that nobody with reason would think Petros is the petra. The foundation of the real church, the one Jesus is involved in, is all of the prophets and all of the apostles, with Jesus as its head.

The church of Peter has the pope as its head, and fools for members.
>>
>>80766065

>Dogma doesn't change though

What about Francis and divorce? He basically allowed remarried to recive a communion.
>>
>>80765764
Said every cult ever.

And renounced by the bible.
>>
>>80766220
That's almost too stupid to respond to.
>>
>>80766484
Roman Catholicism is a cult.
Eastern Orthodoxy is a cult.
Every group that says you have to join its club to get to heaven is a cult. Heaven's Gate, Mormons, Jehovah's Witnesses, Islam; all cults.
>>
>>80766665
Ok, you're a stupid ignorant, I see.
>>
File: 1462020175616.gif (29 KB, 1275x556) Image search: [Google]
1462020175616.gif
29 KB, 1275x556
>>80766547
Jesus is the head of the Church, the Pope is His vicar. Not hard to understand at all. You are changing the subject btw. Jesus is absolutely clear in that sentence, no matter how much you try to twist it.
I suggest this doc from a former baptist:
https://gloria.tv/video/dnTmRuinf4AR4hAnKdWUaiETm
>>
>>80766329

So what was the point of Jeses speech against divorce?
>>
>>80760779
SJW detected.
>>
>>80766738
Everyone that confess Christ and baptizes belongs to the Catholic Church. If you confess Christ and you baptized correctly, you are Catholic. And heretic one, but a Catholic.

The Catholic Church is not a club or a sect, is the whole Church, visible and invisible, created by Christ, the body of Christ.
>>
File: saint-kolbe.jpg (33 KB, 450x177) Image search: [Google]
saint-kolbe.jpg
33 KB, 450x177
>>80766552
He didn't. He was so ambiguous that he basically finished the whole thing by not saying anything in particular in favour or against it. It's also considered a non-dogmatic document by the Church because he always says "according to me" or "in my opinion" and never states anything as coming from the Church or having dogmatic value. It's all a big fat mess, but the dogma hasn't been changed.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jvfkOICdsQc

>>80766738
>Every group that says you have to join its club to get to heaven is a cult
But that's exactly what Christianity in general does, regardless of the denomination?
If you think you don't need to be a Christian to go to heaven, for what purpose did God took the nuisance of coming to earth and dying for our sins? lmao m8
>>
>>80766787
Nobody prior to 32 AD was ever named Peter.

That's your argument.

What do you have to back that up with?
>>
Catholic teaching makes no sense often times. It's just too legalistic and not spiritual enough, beliving in things like original sin and Jesus paying for out sins.
>>
>>80766808
The pope is the antichrist, yes.

The inspired writers of the bible took great pains to exclude Petros from being the petra.

You have no excuse to put yourself under the authority of the false prophet of Mystery Babylon.
>>
>>80766830
To confound the Sadducees with what they thought was an inescapable trick question.
>>
>>80767082
No, it's a cult in Rome led by the antichrist.

Not everyone who says Lord, Lord will enter into the Kingdom of Heaven.

You don't know how to be saved; ergo you're not saved.
>>
File: 1462742481563-0.jpg (176 KB, 946x560) Image search: [Google]
1462742481563-0.jpg
176 KB, 946x560
>>80767405
>The inspired writers of the bible took great pains to exclude Petros from being the petra.
lmao no. Petros = petra. The only reason why God says Petros when referring to Peter is because "petra" is a feminine noun and he couldn't give a feminine noun to a man. Therefore he makes it masculine, but the reason why he gives him that name is exactly because Petros = petra. Btw, when that discussion happened irl, that distinction wasn't even there. Kephas was the only word used. Furthermore, in koinè greek at the time the Bible was written (as opposed to attic greek from which you take your flawed info), there is no difference in meaning between petros and petra. If the inspired writers wanted to make a distinction between a big and a small rock, he would have used "lithos" and not petra.
>You have no excuse to put yourself under the authority of the false prophet of Mystery Babylon.
You have no excuse to be a mouth-breathing redneck idiot when you can read and learn how wrong you are.
>>
>>80767288
Because it didnt fucking make sense. If they spoke English, it would be like: "Hey Simon, now you're name will be Rocko, and over this Rock Ill build my church etc. etc."

Also finde the ethymology of the name "Peter"
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Peter_(given_name)
It pretty much says that that biblical passage is the origin of that name.

>>80767541
I'm just exposing the Catholic doctrine that contradicts your idea of it being a exclusive club of salvation, thus a cult by your definition.

Catholic is anyone that belongs to the mystical body of Christ.

And yes I know how to be saved. It starts preciselly from that point, BE saved, not save yourself. Chirst only saves, through Grace only.
>>
File: cognitive dissonance.png (60 KB, 819x659) Image search: [Google]
cognitive dissonance.png
60 KB, 819x659
>>80767541
>Not everyone who says Lord, Lord will enter into the Kingdom of Heaven.
Obviously refers to protestants that abandon the One True Church to follow their own man-made traditions and blaspheme the Church of Christ
>>
>>80767232

But he appointed a liberal cardinal Schonborn as aperson who understand this new document the best, and he says that this is a dogmatic documemt.
https://www.lifesitenews.com/news/cardinal-schoenborn-all-prior-teaching-on-family-must-be-read-through-amori
https://www.lifesitenews.com/news/pope-says-schonborn-interpretation-on-communion-for-remarried-is-the-final
>>
>>80753912

You Christians are faggots and need to realize salvation is only for the Israelites. I dare one of you faggots to setup a debate thread so you white panzees will stop this Christianity bullshit and go fuck a dog or your sister or whatever it is you subhuman neaderthrals do. I'll literally quote the Bible precept for precept and make you feel like fucking losers for worshipping a religion based off a group of people you not only oppress but our God doesn't even care about you. You're spit to him, literally nothing. One of you fags take me up on this. I'm just a WE WUZ KANGS anyway right? So one of you very intelligent white man prove me wrong or just be a pussy.
>>
>>80767405
Also you've been brainwashed by the jews that created your false american zionist "christian" cults to not see the mystery of babylon for what it actually is: Israel. I bet you believe in a jesuit conspiracy and no in a jewish conspiracy.

You've been religiously brainwhashed by controlled oposition.

Of course the mystery of babylon also involves religious adultery at the very end involving Rome, and we're witnessing this mysteries unfolding in the Papacy of Francis, who is adulterous.

Good night.
>>
>>80768206
Schoenborn is a heretic that says "catholics should apologize to gays" and other disgusting shit. I don't like what Francis is doing. Just pointing out that the Church does not see the document as dogmatic, and it is too confusing to even get any dogma out of it. Even italian vaticanists who are considered Francis-supporters have heavily been critic and said "it is confusing, nobody understands it. Communion yes or no? Yes but also no, no but also yes".
To understand what is going on in the Church look up "Katharina Emmerick two popes". At the end of the prophecy it says "but God had other plans", so I trust God.
I would like to say more but I have to go.
My personal opinion is that Francis is the "bishop dressed in white" (who else could it be, but a second Pope that is not perfectly legitimate for this reason") of the third secret of Fatima, and that during his pontificate the Vatican will be attacked and engulfed in flames.
>>
File: timeline.gif (14 KB, 1263x350) Image search: [Google]
timeline.gif
14 KB, 1263x350
>>
>>80753912
>>80754214

Great schism at year 1054 where a separated group was made from original Holy Orthodox Catholic church, which follows the 12 apostles teaching of Jesus.

Then some greedy priests wanted more money and were satanists and anti-christ, Orthodox Catholic refused to change traditional values, and hence the Rome Church was born.

Child molesting and that you could pay money for gods forgiveness to a priest, what the heck?

And 600 years later Protestants protested against this yet again seperating from the already seperated Rome Church.

So basically:

1, Holy Orthodox Catholic Church orginates in Jerusalem from the 12 apostles of Jesus. Where did Jesus do his work? In Jerusalem, not in Rome or Europe lol.

2; Rome Catholic Church was devided after 1000 years from the Orthodox Catholic church, at the great schism at year 1054.
So basically Rome Catholic Church are anti-jesus, anti-christ and anti-catholic-orthodox-church. This is heressy.

3. Protestants are Anti the Anti-Orthodox-Catholic. Making them have an honest intention but they have lost so much of its roots.
Thats why all the gold and icons are down-tuned or more correctly removed completely in all protestant churches.
And from here there are thousands of different Protestant directions, all less and less connected with the holy orthodox catholic church, but they refused the satanic rome church.
Holy Orthodox Church is from Jerusalem. Jesus didnt do his work in Rome lol.
But in the end, all this is work of greedy zionists and humans. What matters is to be honest and love God in your heart and repent.
>>
File: 1465386249832.jpg (11 KB, 228x237) Image search: [Google]
1465386249832.jpg
11 KB, 228x237
>my interpretation of my imaginary friend is better than yours

I am unable to give a fuck about Pope Poz I telling me to become more progressive, the protties electing lesbian muslim bishops and people who worship dead kikes whose existance is not even fully acknowledged.
>t. deist
>>
File: stignatius.jpg (256 KB, 960x640) Image search: [Google]
stignatius.jpg
256 KB, 960x640
>>80768535
>salvation is only for the Israelites

Judaizers pls go
>>
What needs to happen is Rome rejoining the rest of the patriarchs, either as equal or first among equals.

Then there can be two main ecclesiastical bodies: Christianity and Protestantism.
>>
>>80768535
kys heretic
>>
>>80769101
Tranquillo anon, quando moriamo diventiamo tutti credenti, ma ahinoi a quel punto è troppo tardi per redimersi.
>>
>>80753912

so wait I don't understand, pope is true representative of God, and he know what God thinks? He can regularly talk to God? Is this what catholic church believes?

also not really important, false church will allow gay marriages, true will not, for me that's how I'll find out who's true, and who's not
>>
>>80769509
>Tranquillo anon, quando moriamo diventiamo tutti credenti

Mio nonno se ne è fieramente sbattuto i coglioni fino alla fine.
>>
>>80769141
Is he fighting those lions or just being eaten?
>>
>>80769937
>fino alla fine
Intendevo "dopo la morte". Fidati che tuo nonno ora ci crede, qualunque sia stata la sua destinazione.
>>
>>80769951
>if you kill the lions they win
>>
>>80769700
SHALL HAVE NO IDOLS.
Roman Catholic Church are heressy, the are wrong.
Shall not have idols like the pope. How about they focus less on a human, and focus more on Jesus Christ?

Holy Orthodox Catholic Church is the true traditions of the 12 apostles of Jesus.
Jesus is from Jerusalem, not Rome.

Convert to Orthodox Catholic today!
>>
File: 1465486781353.jpg (1 MB, 1280x960) Image search: [Google]
1465486781353.jpg
1 MB, 1280x960
>>80770167
so now this is the new trend? Protestants claiming they are Orthodox? lmao
>>
>>80769951

He was sentenced to death and killed by lions in the Roman Colosseum.
>>
>>80770051
>le "verrà un giorno" meme
Niente paradiso e niente inferno ciuciù
Leggiti un po di Vangeli Gnostici e apocrifi.Non la sciaquatura di palle post consiglio di Nicea che oggi ci propinano come Bibbia.
Leggi la Bibbia dei Settanta in greco. Ah e la Verginità di Maria deriva da un errore di traduzione (giovane ragazza e vergine vengono indicate entrambe con la stessa parola in greco antico, si distinguono dal contesto)
Idem per l'ago e il cammello (in realtà è l'ago e la fune)
>>
>>80770433
Why didn't his beloved God save him?
>>
>>80770641

He was saved, that's why he's a martyr and a saint.
>>
>>80770336
Never said I was Protestant.
Never said Protestants are Orthodox Catholic.

But being honest Orthodox Catholic is the true teaching of the 12 apostles.

Rome Catholic Church is satanic and anti-christ. Does this mean everyone who follows Roman Catholic is satanic? Well ofcourse not, such a claim would be very stupid.

Only God knows the real truth. But if we are rational, honest and put the swords down, this is what we know to be the truth.

Im just brutally honest, nothing else.
>>
>>80770843
Saint and martyr are titles. Killing lions takes some real power.
>>
>>80770843
That's what they said about Belgium suicide bombers
>>
>>80753912
Orthodoxy is truest to it's faith
The west ruins everything spiritual it gets it's hands on
When Catholicism wasn't enough, here went protestantism, anglican church and so on and so forth
>>
>>80770641

he was saved, ffs I really don't get you people, I'm not believer but I understand them, they believe in life after death, in heaven, life lasts 70-80 years on earth, in life after death is for all eternity, so if God and heaven exist, it's much better to stay true, and go there, then to end up in hell because you couldn't stay true to your father, master, lord or w/e he is
>>
>>80770617
5lingue pls.
I vangeli gnostici sono pura fuffa. A quelli si è ispirato mohammed per scrivere il corano, e i risultati si vedono.
>Leggi la Bibbia dei Settanta in greco. Ah e la Verginità di Maria deriva da un errore di traduzione (giovane ragazza e vergine vengono indicate entrambe con la stessa parola in greco antico, si distinguono dal contesto)
Quanta ignoranza. è in ebraico che la stessa parola significa entrambe le cose, non in greco. Ad ogni modo la traduzione dei Settanta è quella corretta. Anche senza andare a spulciare la linguistica, è abbastanza evidente il perché da un punto di vista storico. La Bibbia dei Settanta è stata scritta prima della nascita di Gesù ed è priva di fini politici, mentre l'interpretazione di "giovane donna" nasce dalla tradizione talmudistica di molti secoli posteriore alla crocifissione di Gesù. Già questo dovrebbe farti capire chi tra i due ha più interesse ad eliminare la verginità della Madonna. Inoltre è stato appurato grazie ai manoscritti di Qumran che i talmudisti hanno modificato alcune parole dell'antico testamento in cui veniva profetizzato Gesù per respingere l'idea che in esse si parli della crocifissione.
>Idem per l'ago e il cammello (in realtà è l'ago e la fune)
Beh ma è la stessa cosa, il concetto non è cambiato. Così come un cammello non entra in un ago così non entra in un a fune. Il Cattolicesimo non è mai stato contro la ricchezza guadagnata onestamente.
>>
>>80764134
>>>80760584 (You)
Based motherfuckers
>>
>>80771510
are you retarded? Those are all fake quotes
>>
>>80771481
Il termine usato nella Bibbia dei 70 è "parthenos", che significa sia "giovane ragazza" che "vergine". Senza tirare in mezzo i musulmani, i cattolici hanno distorto e riadattato per fini politici la Bibbia nei vari concili e lo sai. L'esempio del cammello era per rafforzare il precedente

Poi fai tu eh
>>
>>80771611
Was being ironic, I think I failed
>>
File: 1465124215228.jpg (216 KB, 1402x1402) Image search: [Google]
1465124215228.jpg
216 KB, 1402x1402
>>80771918
No anon, vedi che non capisci? Quella parola è stata tradotta da un passo di Isaia, che è nel vecchio testamento. é sull ebraico che gli ebrei cercano di confutare la sua verginità, non sul greco. Ad ogni modo una giovane ragazza all'epoca era per definizione una vergine, se non lo fosse stata sarebbe stata indicata con ben altro epiteto. Si tratta di arrampicamento sugli specchi da parte degli ebrei.
>L'esempio del cammello era per rafforzare il precedente
L'esempio del cammello è un onesto errore che non cambia in alcun modo il senso della frase, quindi non è un buon esempio a prescindere.
Ti ho già dimostrato che hai torto cmq. Ad ogni modo nel nuovo testamento è abbastanza chiaro che Maria era vergine, quindi anche se non credi che la profezia nell'antico testamento la descrive come tale, il nuovo testamento lo fa di continuo. Perciò non c'è alcuna controversia in merito.
>>
>>80771611
>>80771918
Italian-anons,
what's the situation there? How's attendance? Do you guys have any Latin Mass resurgence? How about sedevacantist parishes? how do people like Pope Francis?

Here, predictably, the trad-Caths hate him and the novus ordo ones love him.
>>
File: wew2.png (543 KB, 1033x1194) Image search: [Google]
wew2.png
543 KB, 1033x1194
>>80772503
>How's attendance?
bad
>Do you guys have any Latin Mass resurgence?
Depends on the area, and how compliant with Motu Proprio the bishop of that area is. Some modernist bishops try their best to stop Latin Mass from taking place. The resurgence of catholicism among young people exists, but it's a minority. For example growing up I have become more religious, my sister atheist, and my brother is becoming more agnostic and watching Dawkins videos. So let's say a 1/3 ratio in catholic families, probably worse ratio in non-catholic families.
>How about sedevacantist parishes?
Don't know any, but sedevacantism is a heresy
>how do people like Pope Francis?
Modernists like him, everyone else doesn't. Fact is, Italy isn't so pozzed by modernism in their mainstream culture (yet), so people aren't so wary of it
>>
>>80772471
Sai quanti culti religiosi di epoca pre e post ellenica esistevano che descrivono la nascita di profeti/salvatori nati da vergini? Ti sei mai chiesto come mai Natale è cosi vicino al solstizio d'inverno e si usa l'albero con le palle? O le uova a pasqua, e il fatto che avvenga sempre in corrispondenza dell'inizio della primavera (cosi come molti culti della fertilità pagani)?

Eh no niente ebrei,c'è scritto parthenos. Inutile fare le ret-con tipo fumettone Marvel
>>
>>80773142
Scary shit brah.
>>
>>80772503
>how do people like Pope Francis?
They used to because he looked "cool" and "progressive"
But people here didn't take well his penchant for muslim feet and calls for hospitality, so the whole "muh progressive" is hilariously backfiring

Except among the old farts, they will believe anything Pope Poz says because they are afraid of Hell
>>
>>80773142
is pic related true? How have I never heard that before? Weird.

Thanks for the info. Always nice to hear what's going on close to Rome.

Attendance seems pretty good here in L.A., but compared to pre-V2 it's probably bad.
>>
>>80773786
Yes, it's exactly like those forecasts on the CNBC. Follow them long enough and you go bankrupt
>>
File: 29UE7.jpg (525 KB, 1034x1121) Image search: [Google]
29UE7.jpg
525 KB, 1034x1121
>>80773286
>Sai quanti culti religiosi di epoca pre e post ellenica esistevano che descrivono la nascita di profeti/salvatori nati da vergini?
Non dovresti credere a tutto quello che leggi, soprattutto se non ha fonti come Zeitgeist. Ti consiglio questo video, guardalo dall'inizio alla fine Il paragone con Napoleone è molto accurato: se hai onestà intellettuale dovresti smettere di credere che Napoleone è mai esistito così come non credi in Gesù e nel Cristianesimo.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XA6aIhHzXkw

>Eh no niente ebrei,c'è scritto parthenos. Inutile fare le ret-con tipo fumettone Marvel
ma anon, ti ho già spiegato da dove deriva la controversia e il polverone alzato dagli ebrei. Insomma qual è il problema, sostieni che la Bibbia non descrive la Madonna come vergine? Lo fa un sacco di volte, anche se elimini quel passo specifico come prova della sua verginità. Quindi di cosa stiamo parlando? lmao
>>
File: IMG_0287.jpg (445 KB, 1600x1066) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0287.jpg
445 KB, 1600x1066
>>80773786
>is pic related true?
Yeah. I also suggest you to look up the "Lady of Good Success" >>80762491.
It dates back to 1600 and describes the world from the second half of the 20th century specifically. Pic related is the nun who was given those visions and apparitions, in an incorrupted state.
>>
>>80773776
>>They used to because he looked "cool" and "progressive"
This, This and the washing muzzie feet make me ill. Every cafeteria-Catholic I know loves him. If I said publicly even to non-Catholics that I didn't like the Pope they'd be offended. Good to hear people there aren't 100% buying into this.
>>
File: 20151229_120618.jpg (823 KB, 2560x1440) Image search: [Google]
20151229_120618.jpg
823 KB, 2560x1440
>>80774259
You reminded me I need to check out a local SSPX parish.

Thanks for the info. Have a pic from Father Coughlin's church.
>>
>>80774263
Didn't Jesus wash the feet of evil men?
>>
File: 1465756803067.jpg (32 KB, 400x318) Image search: [Google]
1465756803067.jpg
32 KB, 400x318
>>80774568
No prob m8. Remember to pray the Rosary everyday
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=83KIv9tlC0Y
>>
>>80773988
>se non mi piace è zeitgeist xd
Stupendo strawman. Lo sapevi che Dioniso era nato da una vergine? Come Romolo (pure lui con immacolata concezione). E Attide di frigia (con annessa resurrezione dopo 3 giorni).

Falsa equivalenza su Napoleone. Peggio ancora sul fatto che trovi sia da dibattere se sia preferibile tradurre una che partorisce come vergine o giovane ragazza (perkè è kolpa degli ebbrei).
Sulla storicità di Gesù c'è molto da dibattere, la versione piu plausibile è che sia stato sovrapposto con qualche santone/schizzato locale in modo da convincere gli ebrei in rivolta che il loro messia in realtà dice di "dare a Cesare ciò che è di Cesare" e "porgere l'altra guancia"

Come puoi vedere si è ritorto contro Roma in seguito. Niente piu impero, cortesia di "Gesu <3"
>>
>>80774734
here's your (You)
>>80774814
Man, I've gotten out of the habit. I need to make a point of getting up an hour early before work to take care of my spiritual needs.
>>
>>80775054
>here's your (You)

Did I say something wrong?
>>
File: D4gTpszV.png (381 KB, 407x407) Image search: [Google]
D4gTpszV.png
381 KB, 407x407
>>80760881
so you be saying WEWUZ MINI-SIMON PETERS AND SHEEEIT
>>
>>80759686
in your valiant fighting, you apparently sacked constantinople, weakening it enough for the turks to btfo it later, and also murdered monks on mt. athos. locked some of them in a tower and burned them alive because they did not want to convert. you little heroic crusaders, with your whoremongering, warmongering, scheming, power-hungry, sadistic popes
>>
File: 1465206329398.jpg (155 KB, 436x960) Image search: [Google]
1465206329398.jpg
155 KB, 436x960
>>80775007
>Lo sapevi che Dioniso era nato da una vergine? Come Romolo (pure lui con immacolata concezione). E Attide di frigia (con annessa resurrezione dopo 3 giorni).
Ho già postato un'immagine con annesse fonti che confuta queste idiozie. Tu no, solo dicerie e propaganda.

>Falsa equivalenza su Napoleone
Non basta dire che è una falsa equivalenza, devi provare perché è una falsa equivalenza. Non sei in grado di farlo perché non è una falsa equivalenza
>Falsa equivalenza su Napoleone. Peggio ancora sul fatto che trovi sia da dibattere se sia preferibile tradurre una che partorisce come vergine o giovane ragazza (perkè è kolpa degli ebbrei).
Sulla storicità di Gesù c'è molto da dibattere, la versione piu plausibile è che sia stato sovrapposto con qualche santone/schizzato locale in modo da convincere gli ebrei in rivolta che il loro messia in realtà dice di "dare a Cesare ciò che è di Cesare" e "porgere l'altra guancia"
Come puoi vedere si è ritorto contro Roma in seguito. Niente piu impero, cortesia di "Gesu <3"

Napoleone = apollo. Ehi, magari Napoleone è esistito ma gli è stato sovrapposto qualche santone/shizzato in modo da convincere i francesi in rivolta per via della rivoluzione francese che in realtà il loro imperatore "ha perso a waterloo" e "ora c'è la restaurazione".
Come puoi vedere si è ritorto contro la Francia in seguito nel 1870 (guerra franco-prussiana, nel caso non lo sapessi). Niente più impero, cortesia di Napoleone <3

Vedi? Facilissimo create fantasiose e plausibili teorie basate su pura fuffa.
>>
>>80753912
Fucking poles with your fucking catholicism. Fucking shut the fuck up.
Very christian of you not taking any refugee sandpeople btw.
Go and steal a car Jakup.
>>
>>80775751
>Fucking poles with your fucking catholicism.
Austria is catholic too
>>
>>80775855
Austira is nothing but a cucked shell.
>>
File: God Saves.jpg (63 KB, 499x499) Image search: [Google]
God Saves.jpg
63 KB, 499x499
>>80775594
>Gesu trasforma l'acqua in vino, cammina sulle acque e il terzo giorno risorge e crea un culto
vs
>Napoleone è un generale che ha combattuto battaglie di cui ad oggi sono disponibili reperti e un corpus di testimonianze, poi a un certo punto è morto

Ovviamente la prima è plausibile quanto la seconda. Dipende solo da quante persone ci credono eh
I miei esempi non sono stati minimamente toccati dalla tua carinissima jpg, non sono ateo e tu sei incredibilmente butthurt.
Di conseguenza provi a coprirlo con una ingente quantità di fallacie logiche e tips fedora (nonostante non sia ateo)
>>
Lol none of you pussies wanted to debate me because you all know your beliefs are bullshit. Lmao Christianity is a contradiction and none of you faggots want to acknowledge that you worship a God that says you are nothing!
>>
>>80769509
>>80769937
>>80770051
>>80770617
>>80771481
>>80771918
>>80772471
>>80773286
>>80773988
>>80775007
>>80775594
You stupid fucking whops, type in English
>>
>>80776582
Monolingual butthurt detected
>>
>>80773776

You got a problem with loving your enemies?
>>
File: 1464908374691.webm (993 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
1464908374691.webm
993 KB, 1280x720
>>80776442
Come volevasi dimostrare, hai finito i pessimi argomenti da bimbo delle elementari che avevi a tua disposizione e ti sei rintanato in quella che è una fallacia allo stato puro: argument out of incredulity. Con una spolveratine di sarcasmo, proiezione psicologica (butthurt) e dissociazione cognitiva. Ah, come non menzionare la meme pic in quanto ciliegina sulla torta della prova di quanto tu sia intellettualmente immaturo e culturalmente ignorante.

>>80776582
anon is a fedora that watches zeitgeist and jerks off to Dawkins. Just calmly refuting all his bullshit and seeing him chimping out. Quite amusing.
>>
>>80776902
Sorry Mohammed, 4chan is an English website
>>
>>80777008
Grazi
>>
>>80776950
enemies # adversaries
>>
>>80753912
The holy fire at the grave of Christ in Jerusalem falls from the ceiling on Orthodox Easter. It will fall in the hands of an Orthodox priest. The pries and the grave are thoroughly checked by Muslim and Jewish officers prior to the event. Anomalous events take place around the grave during the ceremony: balls of light, electricity shooting around the church ceiling, loud and strange noises and the uncontrollable urge to cry get reported every year.
>>
File: atheistdebates.jpg (201 KB, 900x900) Image search: [Google]
atheistdebates.jpg
201 KB, 900x900
>>80777008
Poesia
>>
>>80777028
No, its not.
Monolingual newfag butthurt detected
>>
File: f7FdEdG.jpg (10 KB, 260x194) Image search: [Google]
f7FdEdG.jpg
10 KB, 260x194
>>80766738
Absolutely correct. Look up Dr. Walter Veith's lectures on youtube, he does extensive research on all these Cults of Christ.

The only way into the kingdom is a personal relationship with Jesus Christ, with guidance from the King James Version of the bible. Don't trust any of these meme churches when there is a MOUNTAIN of evidence to their biblical heresy that's just waiting at your fingertips if you'd only look it up.
>>
>>80777277
>being so BTFO the only argument you have left is a meme pic
just stop anon, your life is already bad enough in the real world, no need to humiliate yourself in the virtual one too.
>>
Orthodox church is the true church.

But gotta say, the Catholics knew how to do business. Stealing money from the faithful to probably create an underground pedophilia scene.
>>
File: 1467534497736.jpg (178 KB, 801x1010) Image search: [Google]
1467534497736.jpg
178 KB, 801x1010
>>80754044
Praise Kek
>>
File: 01020130352200.jpg (7 KB, 420x277) Image search: [Google]
01020130352200.jpg
7 KB, 420x277
>>80767936
You worship a cult of Mary, which is just a roundabout way of worshipping Osiris and the birth of the sun. It's Luciferian, man.

The Crescent moon and Star is the oldest of Satan's memes and he has used it time and again to trick the world. Catholicism and Islam are one and the same.
>>
>>80777462

That's a damn lie. Salvation is only for the Israelites for one and two you have to follow the laws AND HAVE FAITH IN CHRIST! You heathens don't have the laws of God and you're not Israelites therefore you can't be saved nor will be in the Kingdom of God!!!
>>
>>80778004
Only Catholics were called Christians and you aren't a Catholic therefore you are not a Christian, call yourself a Prot and leave us alone please, thank you.
>>
>>80777437
>4chan isnt English
>It's just the English version of 2ch
Make up your mind anon
>>
>>80754044
Noice dubs.
Praise Kek!
>>
>>80778057
What did I say that you disagree with?

I specifically said you need guidance from the KJV, which will indeed let you know that you need to follow the laws, and have a personal relationship with Christ. We are in agreement my friend.

Also, salvation is for all of man. We are all one in Christ Jesus and you would know that if you read the Bible. Why else would Peter bring the gospel to the gentiles in the book of Acts?

The point you are confused about is that only those with the holy spirit will be drawn to God. Those without a conscience are not children of God and would thus never be drawn to him. But anyone who wishes to be saved can, as long as they obey the laws and accept Christ's offer for salvation.
>>
>>80778220
Why do you think that is? In 400ad the roman catholic church slaughtered all those who refused to worship the pagan SUNday instead of God's ordained Sabbath, Saturday.

Just because man says so, doesn't make it so. The Catholics are just bullies who have usurped the word of God because they are inspired by SATAN.
>>
>>80778571

As long as they obey the laws right? So you believe in the Bible 100% right? Every last word is the word of God right? Because I'm about to prove you wrong but I want to make sure you believe in the Bible 100%!
>>
>>80779061
>>80778571
You guys need to hug and kiss
>>
File: 1409493355743.jpg (153 KB, 1440x900) Image search: [Google]
1409493355743.jpg
153 KB, 1440x900
Enough you fools.

Do you not see, in a time where degeneracy and "You are your own god" is rampant, they seek only to further divide you from your brothers?

We might have minor differences, but we are all that stands in the way of this darkness and the Lord's flock.
>>
File: Never-been_Mary-Quotes.jpg (138 KB, 1200x800) Image search: [Google]
Never-been_Mary-Quotes.jpg
138 KB, 1200x800
>>80778004
>The Crescent moon and Star is the oldest of Satan's memes
So the woman in the book of apocalypse with the moon under her feet and that is assaulted by the beast, an that gives birth to Jesus is actually satan? Do you even listen to your drivel? She crushe satan with her feet, the fact that satan uses the moon as symbol is even stronger proof satan fears her trembling on him.
>Catholicism and Islam are one and the same.
It is heresy like this that brings people to hell anon, careful with those words

Mary was sinless, as proven by the Bible, see >>80762906
Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 87

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.