[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I still don't get why all the Brexiteers quit
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /pol/ - Politically Incorrect

Thread replies: 193
Thread images: 11
File: Andrea-Leadsom-760x760.jpg (496 KB, 1230x1241) Image search: [Google]
Andrea-Leadsom-760x760.jpg
496 KB, 1230x1241
Brits, I seriously do not understand. Why are they all gone?
>>
Space nazis had a talk with them. Nobody wants to deal with incoming shitstorm, death of UK, civil unrest, sterling used as toilet paper.
>>
>>80749738
our media influences politics.
they would have been destroyed before a government had even been formed.
Delete Nigel though, he was never going to be in the lime light after completing his life work. mans a hero and did what he intended to do.
>>
File: only_you_could_enter.jpg (81 KB, 634x398) Image search: [Google]
only_you_could_enter.jpg
81 KB, 634x398
>>80749738
>Why are they all gone?
You didn't think you could vote your way out, did you citizen?
>>
Leadsom is a literally who politician, she wouldn't be on anyone's radar without the referendum.

Johnson's situation is weird, frankly. The official story is that Gove (his campaign manager) announced that he was going for party lead himself, and this constitutes a horrific betrayal and then shortly after Johnson stood down. I suspect there's more to that story but I haven't heard it.

Farage is the MEP for Britain, he was literally campaigning for us to fire him. He was originally just a business man but got into politics because he hates the EU and wanted us out, he's done his job so he's quit.

Theresa May is the Home Sec and an evil authoritarian, anyone who is a threat to her politically will get very friendly with MI-5. Of course she's still around after flip-flopping. I'm not sure she has very good chances as she's pro-immigration and the Conservatives didn't even win last time, it's a coalition government but I think someone locked nick clegg in a closet and forgot about him because he's been missing for years.
>>
>>80749738
We probably won't know in the near future why Boris and Gove just stepped aside.

Especially Boris Johnson seemed to be switching to the Leave side for purely opportunistic reasons. Why he then just stepped back to leave it to Gove, I don't understand. And Gove seemed to be a candidate with a solid backing in the Tory party. Why he let Theresa May have a go isn't clear either to me.
>>
>>80751866
>mans a hero and did what he intended to do
This
>>
>>80752358
>Farage is the MEP for Britain

And with "the", you mean one of 73 MEPs, right?
>>
File: 1467113340275.jpg (112 KB, 700x706) Image search: [Google]
1467113340275.jpg
112 KB, 700x706
>>80749738

>Nigel Farrage still a MEP making sure the EU and UK gov don't pull any shennanigan's whilst help other countries who want out.
>Borris stabbed in the back
>Gove didn't gain enough support from tory MP's and was eliminated as a candidate
>Leadsom was hit by media shenanigans and had to pull out from the race, probably told to behind the scene's.

They didn't you mongrel.
>>
>>80752358
>Theresa May

so the jews will have their revenge huh?
>>
Why do people keep obsessing over Farage resigning from UKIP? Do you people not understand that he was never an MP nor officially connected to the Brexit campaign?
>>
>>80752828
No, by "the" I mean literally the only one that anybody knows, the only one who got more than a random handful of votes, the only one who ever gets shown on TV and the one actually doing something.

And that's another reason we're leaving, the inefficacy of the people we actually vote to represent us there. Except Farage.
>>
>>80752970
>>Nigel Farrage still a MEP making sure the EU and UK gov don't pull any shennanigan's whilst help other countries who want out.
Farage has the lowest percentage of being present in the EU parliament of all 750 MEPs. He also ties with his UKIP colleagues for the lowest percentage (0%) of voting in favor of a law that passes the EU parliament.

>>Borris stabbed in the back
By whom? Gove? Pleeeease. There is no reason whatsoever that Johnson could have not run even if Gove ran too.

>>Gove didn't gain enough support from tory MP's and was eliminated as a candidate
Yes, so? That was clear. He has the charisma of a goldfish crossed with a moth.

>>Leadsom was hit by media shenanigans and had to pull out from the race, probably told to behind the scene's.
Haha, what? If she can't even take media fire for 1 day, how was she supposed to lead the country through the roughest time since 1945?
>>
>>80752360
Gove was voted out
>>
>>80752507
This
>>
>>80749738
I really believe their families were threatened. Globalists have been tricking us into following their agenda with for so long, and they're not going to stop now, they're going to use whatever methods available to make sure they get their way. The Brexit vote might have been successful, but now they'll do their best to make sure nothing important actually changes due to it.
>>
>>80753351
>Do you people not understand that he was never an MP nor officially connected to the Brexit campaign?

So I imaged Nigel standing on the Brexit campaigns NATIONALLY TELEVISED DEBATES?
>>
>>80749738

It's all some sort of grand plan to stall it as much as possible then in the next general election May will probably include in one of her policies she'll disregard it all together.
>>
>>80753822
that would be very nice
>>
Leadsom was too inexperienced, Boris was backstabbed by Gove, Gove was voted against by Tory MPs.

Farage is just an MEP anyway, he has no power.
>>
>>80749738
>Farage
DELET THIS

He's wasn't even in parliament.
>>
>>80753467
>And that's another reason we're leaving, the inefficacy of the people we actually vote to represent us there. Except Farage.

I assume you know that who is voted into the EU parliament in the UK and how they are voted in is UK law, right? If the UK wanted to vote MEPs based on first-past-the-post, it could.

Blaming the EU for the decision of the UK using a proportional voting system for the EU parliament election is beyond retarded.
>>
all bark and no bait, they probably didnt even have a plan for what to actually do in case they won, i have a feeling they just talked shit because they are politicians and that's what politicians do
>>
>>80753565
>He also ties with his UKIP colleagues for the lowest percentage (0%) of voting in favor of a law that passes the EU parliament.
Why would a party for leaving the EU vote for more EU laws?
>>
>>80751866
>did what he intended to do
Except when the government make deals to keep sucking on big momma Merkels tittays and they might as well still be in the EU.
>>
>>80753808
Nigel wasn't even in the main leave campaign, everything he did was separate.
He ran Leave.eu, the official one was Vote Leave
>>
>>80749738
They were told to quit by their corporate masters.
>>
>>80751866
Large majority of the media was behind leave, though.
>>
>>80753822
>the tories can ignore it when half their MPs are diehard leavers and half their remain people were still eurosceptic but just stuck with Cameron and Osbourne
Are you retarded?
>>
>>80753351
>he was never an MP
He tried and failed, though, didn't he?
>>
>>80754050
>Why would a party for leaving the EU vote for more EU laws?
I don't know. You just said Nigel Farage will stay in the EU parliament and getting paid for it, because he will be "making sure the EU and UK gov don't pull any shennanigan's whilst help other countries who want out. "

You do know that the EU parliament will have to approve the new UK-EU trade agreement?
>>
>>80754175
No it wasn't.
>>
>>80751866
Media backed leave. Why would they back a remain PM?
>>
>>80754175
bullshit. British media is the worst on the planet.
a disgrace.

>>80754096
hes still got 2 years left I thought\?
hes also stated he will be watching the exit "like a hawk"
>>
>>80754009
>they probably didnt even have a plan for what to actually do in case they won
The leave campaign is not and never was a political party, it's the government's job to plan for either eventuality.
Cameron is the real shit here, said he would stay and take us out of the EU if he lost, then immediately resigned when he lost.
>>
>>80754129
>He ran Leave.eu, the official one was Vote Leave
So?

How many Brits knew the difference between leave.eu and vote leave? Who cared about who ran the "main" leave campaign and who ran the other one?

This wasn't an election of parties, it was a referendum.

I just have no idea why Farage resigned. Truly no idea. His job isn't done. It is complete bs that he left.
>>
>>80754002
He's a Brexiteer. There's no point trying to use facts and logic and reason. He will side-step them and appeal to his own sense of entitlement instead.
>>
>>80751866
So what's next for nigel? I saw him host a couple of radio shows and being pretty good at it but that's it.
>>
>>80754307
>You just said
Check IDs you mongoloid kraut.

>You do know that the EU parliament will have to approve the new UK-EU trade agreement?
Without our MEPs
>>
>>80754129
haha are you fucking serious? The man has been the face for Brexit for decades, saying he wasn't officially connected is just a linguistic cavil and you know it
>>
>>80754332
the media did not back leave though.
a few papers does not trump the ever moving BBC machine.
people rely on moving image i.e. video and internet.
the sun newspaper can say what it likes, it only effects a small group imo.
bbc itv and 4 plus twitter were vastly more powerful than any other outlets during the ref.
>>
>>80754355
The biggest newspapers in the country backed Brexit. Or are you in denial about that as well?
>>
>>80754553
But he wasn't, the Labour and tory leave backers literally shat on him for the whole campaign and all said he wasn't in any way connected to them.

>>80754476
>How many Brits knew the difference between leave.eu and vote leave?
It was pretty important, since vote leave got all the state help and the free mailshot and so on.
>>
I wonder how many of the leave campaigners will commit suicide or die in tragic accidents.
>>
>>80754712
>implying anyone buys the papers anymore
Their circulation is down to about 10% of what it was 30 years ago
>>
>>80754515
hopefully a well earned rest.
Id love to see him in a pertinent role but our media and retarded population wouldn't stand for it.
>>
>>80753565
>Farage has the lowest percentage of being present in the EU parliament of all 750 MEPs.
Why would someone who wants nothing but to destroy the EU keep attending EU parlamentiary sessions?
He opposes the whole political structure of the EU. Why do you think it's a treasonous act to not appear for its lawmaking sessions?

> He also ties with his UKIP colleagues for the lowest percentage (0%) of voting in favor of a law that passes the EU parliament.
duh
>>
>>80749738

Some people just want to watch the world burn.
>>
>>80754712
no one reads the papers and believes what they are told over here.
i think the t.v debates and twitter were the main forces in the ref.
>>
>>80754790
www.dailymail.co.uk

no need to buy it, senpai
>>
>>80754837
>Why would someone who wants nothing but to destroy the EU keep attending EU parlamentiary sessions?
Because it is his job? He gets paid for it.

>He opposes the whole political structure of the EU. Why do you think it's a treasonous act to not appear for its lawmaking sessions?
It is not treasonous. Still, I think the point of being an MEP is showing up and making yourself heard, no?
>>
>>80749738
Nobody had a real plan what to do in case the UK votes leave. They just wanted to shitpost, not take any responsibility.
>>
File: anglo.png (430 KB, 356x500) Image search: [Google]
anglo.png
430 KB, 356x500
because Brexit would be a disaster and no one really wants to manage and be attached to it and held responsible
>>
>Nigel
Resigned after achieving his life long dream. Has no power in further negotiations.
>Boris
Backstabbed by Gove. Defeated. Not a true brexiteer anyway. Probably voted remain.
>Leadson
Proved herself a media lightweight. Also didn't have parliamentary support and didn't want to be Corbyn 2.0
I noticed you left out Gove. He was also defeated.
>>
>>80754728
>It was pretty important, since vote leave got all the state help and the free mailshot and so on.
So you seriously think that more than a few people in the UK public actually knew that there was a difference between the campaigns? I mean, seriously? Most people don't even know what the EU is or can name a single MEP or can name a single EU law that impacts their daily lives.
>>
>>80755031
its the discussion that follows after an article or video thats important, no one accepts the news without validation from their friends afterwards..
talking about my generation, obviously.
>>
>>80754837
>the EU is undemocratic
>I'll refuse to partecipate to their elections this will show them

>>80754728
Yeah you're right tbf and I trust you on this one since I browse way too much /pol/ and everyone kept talking about him. What about before the campaign though? He was the most prominent brexiter iirc
>>
File: 1467053432295.jpg (95 KB, 618x481) Image search: [Google]
1467053432295.jpg
95 KB, 618x481
Nige fought and won his war. Rest easy Nige, the once and future lad.
>>
>>80752358
Conservatives have a majority government, it was last last GE where they were coalition w/ Lib dems
>>
>>80755370
>What about before the campaign though? He was the most prominent brexiter iirc
Well yeah, UKIP is why the tories promised the referendum in our last election, they had 2 MPs defect to them and more threatened (rumoured up to 50, would have caused the government to collapse) to follow
>>
>>80755218
>or can name a single EU law that impacts their daily lives.
Free movement of people was known by all though :^)
>can name a single MEP
Farage is a household name
>>
>>80755317
Older people, 90% of whom voted, still read newspapers. their mindset is different.
>>
>>80753670
>Gove was voted out
Shit. Didn't know that.
So May had a firmer standing in the Tory party then. Hmm.
>>
>>80755789
>Free movement of people was known by all though :^)
That is true. But has it impacted your life? I mean, seriously? Has it?
>>
File: 1467215890090.png (236 KB, 607x525) Image search: [Google]
1467215890090.png
236 KB, 607x525
>>80753565
>Farage has the lowest percentage of being present in the EU parliament of all 750 MEPs. He also ties with his UKIP colleagues for the lowest percentage (0%) of voting in favor of a law that passes the EU parliament.
Yet he's one of the most successful by taking the UK out of the EU. Other countries will soon follow. The EU is a mess if you haven't been paying attention.

>By whom? Gove? Pleeeease. There is no reason whatsoever that Johnson could have not run even if Gove ran too.
Gove running directly takes away much needed votes for Boris especially when the Tory party was mainly remain and gave May overwhelming support.

>Yes, so? That was clear. He has the charisma of a goldfish crossed with a moth.
So how exactly did he run away?

>Haha, what? If she can't even take media fire for 1 day, how was she supposed to lead the country through the roughest time since 1945?
There was nothing wrong with what she said it was accurate, however the media was doing everything to discredit her. She was likely to win by the vote of regular Tory members but the conservitive party will end up like Labour currently given that most of the MP's do not support her, this would be disastorous for the country and her career.

Continue jerking off Abdul instead of pushing baseless propaganda.
>>
>>80755218
details do not matter, when something stinks so much people just get it. dont ask me how
>>
>>80755939
YES
E
S
>>
Farage did his job. Never he promised anything else.
Boris Johnson, that guy is a legit populist who chickened out when he realized he should actually do something. He probably didn't guess it would actully happen.
>>
>>80755847
May had support of many leave campaigning MPs, she was for remain but did literally no campaigning for it. She was probably weakly for leaving but stayed loyal to Cameron.

>>80755939
Yes, the BoE released reports saying that EU immigration has driven down wages in this country. Not to mention pressure on schools and public services, along with inflated house prices.
>>
>>80756030
>YES
>E
>S
How?
>>
>>80755830
they have their own reasons too though..
my nan for example, she can actually see through the BBC now, took a while and I know it hurt her but she can recognise a liar from a mile off now.
I respect her for it..
The media was a JOKE during the ref and thats why I'm saying it was not the main force in people deciding which way they would vote.
>>
>>80756141
>Yes, the BoE released reports saying that EU immigration has driven down wages in this country.
Link?
>Not to mention pressure on schools and public services, along with inflated house prices.
Link? Are you saying that EU migration to the UK has been the main (or one of the main) reasons that schools and public services are under pressure and that house prices went up?
>>
>>80754355
You're welcome to have American media if you think British media is the worst.
>>
>>80756257
Who cares. Someone claimed the media backed remain. It clearly did not.
>>
>>80756488
>Someone claimed the media backed remain. It clearly did not.
Correct. The media that the masses read were the ones that all were 100% for Brexit.
>>
>>80756184
im a builder, mainly plastering and painting..
London is FULL of poles and Romanians who are willing to do my job for half the price...
work that one out...

also people are getting called racist left right and centre for even Noticing this...

would you agree it has effected me, personally?

my friend is a head chef and he has been prevented from hiring an English kitchen porter..

that effects the english kitchen porter and my friends kitchen.

i could go and on and on...
>>
>>80756184
saw a muslim in the street the other day and it made me feel unsafe

good thing we're getting even more of them thanks to brexit now famalam
>>
>>80755047
>Because it is his job? He gets paid for it.
Nope. That's not how Volksvertretung works. You can represent your electorate however you see fit.

>Still, I think the point of being an MEP is showing up and making yourself heard, no?
And that he did. But he didn't appear for every banana and lightbulb regulation to shit on the EU. I wouldn't attend EU parliament when I don't think the laws should be made in this very parliament in the first place.
He could use the time more effectively to convince people to leave the EU altogether.
If he did that, idk. It's not my point to defend Farage, just the duties of anti-EU parties.

>>80755370
he didn't refuse to participate on the EU elections, just on the EU lawmaking process which he fundamentally opposes.
>>
>>80756473
fuck them all. alternative media and a little research of our own is whats important now
>>
>>80756357
>Are you saying that EU migration to the UK has been the main (or one of the main) reasons that schools and public services are under pressure and that house prices went up?
Yes, immigration has made all these problems worse

>Link?
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/politics/12063052/Mass-migration-driving-down-wages-offered-to-British-jobseekers.html
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3369760/Migration-DOES-depress-wages-low-skilled-poor-British-workers-lose-hundreds-pounds-year.html
>>
>>80756676
says who? we shall see
>>
>>80756625
>im a builder, mainly plastering and painting..
>London is FULL of poles and Romanians who are willing to do my job for half the price...
>work that one out...
So, I assume you are unemployed? Because if London is full of them, then you should not get any business, right?

>>80756625
>would you agree it has effected me, personally?
If you tell me that you are unemployed and unable to find a job, sure, I will.

>>80756625
>my friend is a head chef and he has been prevented from hiring an English kitchen porter..
By whom? By the EU?

>>80756625
>could go and on and on...
Yes, please. But please in a coherent way.
>>
>>80756591
like i said you can read it but its the validation on twitter and in your own circle that will cement opinions... the media suggest a load of angles and its up to the individual to make his mind up and see through the lies.
>>
>>80757080
fuck off back to /b/ you thick cunt
>>
http://www.marketwatch.com/amp/story/guid/EDC7A2F0-47E6-11E6-88EC-C037B307FD83

Have fun watching the EU crash and burn cucks
>>
>>80756834
are you even aware of whom the next PM is? has your 'alternative media' not made clear to you her record on immigration?
>>
>>80749738
that boris guy is just strange to look at. he looks like a monster hiding in a human's skin.
>>
>>80757246
its day one bro. things will change again and again in the next few months and years.
Im aware she's bad news but there are hopefully people out there who will hold her to account..
not to mention the country has 'woken up' to a certain extent at least. stay positive
>>
File: 1462742749386.jpg (237 KB, 512x512) Image search: [Google]
1462742749386.jpg
237 KB, 512x512
>>80752358
>he's done his job so he's quit.
i'm gonna miss him boys

could he have been the PM if he wanted? i don't know how bongistani politics go.
>>
>>80756819
>http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/politics/12063052/Mass-migration-driving-down-wages-offered-to-British-jobseekers.html
Ok, from that link:

"According to the Bank of England report, some 0.5 per cent of the fall in wages is the result of the lower wages immigrants are paid, which has dragged down the average wage of low skilled workers.
Bank economists said that it was "striking" that this impact was so small compared with the overall effect."

>http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3369760/Migration-DOES-depress-wages-low-skilled-poor-British-workers-lose-hundreds-pounds-year.html

Ok, but there is that then:
https://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/2016/feb/18/mass-eu-migration-into-britain-is-actually-good-news-for-uk-economy

As recent research from University College London shows, European migrants are not a drain on Britain’s finances; what is more, they actually pay in more in taxes than they take out in state benefits. That contribution – valued at £2bn a year – is helping to fuel Britain’s economic growth.

Their studies also explode the myth that they are all Polish plumbers undercutting honest British workmen.

More than 60% of new migrants from western and southern Europe, who account for 900,000 of the 2 million who work here, are now university graduates. For eastern Europeans, 25% are graduates – similar to the proportion in the UK-born workforce.
>>
>>80754175

Possibly the worse comment I've seen this year.
>>
>>80757450
I doubt it senpai. The area I live in is swarming with muslims now. It was fine twenty years ago when the whites were still here, but now it's getting worse and worse. I literally fear for my life whenever I go for a walk. I see them in the high street with their turbans and khanjars. I feel like something big is going to happen and I just don't feel safe any more. Even my sister married a black man recently and it made me so sick I cut all ties.
>>
>>80757703

http://www.marketwatch.com/amp/story/guid/EDC7A2F0-47E6-11E6-88EC-C037B307FD83
>>
>>80757523
>could he have been the PM if he wanted?
Only if UKIP got a majority of MPs in the commons. They have 1 out of 650 right now. Farage is an MEP, not an MP.
>>
>>80757703
low wage workers contribute to the top of the economy, making the rich richer
>>
>>80757834
sorry to here that mate.
will you move eventually?
Im in london, its such a big place you dont notice it all the time but thats why i voted leave, A hopefull vote trying to preserve whats left of this great country.
I wish you luck anon. move somewhere nice and start again!
>>
Someone bite the bullet and assassinate may
>>
>>80757703
If they don't undercut then why would they hire them in the first place?
>>
>>80758157
unemployed for 2 years lad and no degree. don't think i'm going anywhere just yet.
>>
>>80757710
how about this one?
>>80757080
fucking mug
>>
>>80758247
>If they don't undercut then why would they hire them in the first place?
Because they are better qualified? Or they cannot find motivated Brits to do the job?

I work with an American, a Czech, an Austrian, a German, an Afghani, another German, a half Irish-German, a Brit and a Pole in my team.
>>
>>80758293
ah shit... well pick yourself up bro, you can do it!!!
England is behind you, its your life man, fight for it.
sorry things got so shit so quick for us, I truly am
>>
>>80758293
get a CSCS card, guaranteed work on building sites. its a start at least
>>
>>80749738
I don't think even they thought they'd win. No one thought Brexit would actually happen.

What is Farage meant to do though at this stage? He has completed his lifes work.
>>
>>80758293
>unemployed for 2 years lad and no degree. don't think i'm going anywhere just yet.
2 years. Why don't you pick up your ass and drive a taxi or do some other useful work? I mean WTF? How do you even support yourself for 2 years without work?

I have never taken handouts from the government and before I ever do that, I off myself or move to Russia or something.
>>
>>80749738

Boris was stabbed in the front.
Farage was cut out of power, actually he was never in power, he is not even an MP.
Leadsom was killed by the press, note, not Theresa May, it was the press and the press alone who killed her.
>>
>>80758674
>What is Farage meant to do though at this stage?

So you sit there for 20 years trying to catch a big fish. And nothing ever bites. But one day, this giant fish bites and you are so lucky, you do a victory dance. Ok, so you are saying, 10 seconds later, you should just cut the cord to let the fish get away?
>>
File: main_1500.jpg (531 KB, 1500x958) Image search: [Google]
main_1500.jpg
531 KB, 1500x958
>>80749738
They distance themselves from you, because they placed their bets on another war or Russia with EuroReich and they do not want to be caught in crossfire.
First they exit EUSSR (distancing). Then they actively shill at NATO summit about Russian threat, slowly pushing germans to war.

But when you will really go to war, they`ll put a knife you in the back, like they always do.

And there is no other way to this. It will 100% happen.
If germans would work with Russians to cancel anglo colonial rule in Russia, they would create white competitor to their economy, that will overpower you or at least rule you. Germans are shitty rulers by themselves and are too proud to be ruled by others. So they fund the bombing civilians of Novorussia, because they did not voted for being piss-poor german slaves. And we`ve seen many times where it ends.

Noteworthy fact is also, that Reich cant fight with Russia in an open-war, so to have proxy-power, they draw in shitskins, that they want to convert into fighters against Russia, feeding them propaganda about oppression of mudslimes in Russia.

French movie "The Search" (2014), a shitskin wont ever tell this from the real thing: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xz9v-ql969o
>>
>>80758743
thats the main point here..
The press are more powerful than the powers that be in terms of opinions and votes.

its a fucking circus

farage was also killed by the press, half the nation genuinely believe he is racist.
>>
>>80758402
>I work with an ..., an Afghani,... in my team.
>Afghani

disgusting
I also work with many people who are not Germans but I would rather quit my job than work with Afghans.
>>
>>80757703
>More than 60% of new migrants from western and southern Europe, who account for 900,000 of the 2 million who work here, are now university graduates.

And they're fucking up the graduate job market now. You need a degree to get a job as a secretary now. Open borders just fucks over the native population. The overall benefits to GDP are not shared by the whole population, it just makes the rich richer. I'd be really surprised if Germany isn't suffering from this as well.
>>
>>80758743

leadsom was killed by her own stupidity
>>
>>80759027
it was a fair comment imo.
the press ran away with and once again our great nation becomes a freak show
>>
>>80758849
He just stepped down as leader of UKIP, he's still politically involved. He said he's ready and willing to help the government with the exit negotiations if they decide to involve him (they won't). He isn't in a position of real power, the Tories are.
>>
>>80758974
>but I would rather quit my job than work with Afghans.

Why? He plays good soccer and is a decent lawyer.
>>
>>80759515
oh you're a lawyer! ...figures
>>
>>80758703
Interesting. You're actually starting to sound like a Thatcherite.
>>
>>80758907
don't fantasize Ivan.
No one in Germany would support a war against Russia. Germans have a completely irrational fondness of Russia.
I think Germans would rather support a war against the US than against Russia.

>Germans are shitty rulers by themselves and are too proud to be ruled by others.
It's sad because it's true.
>>
>>80749738
>Brits, I seriously do not understand. Why are they all gone

They know Brexit will be a disaster.

It's that simple.
>>
>>80758703
how about you try competing with abdul-wahab who will do the same job on a zero-hours contract for less than minimum wage?
>>
>>80759704
>oh you're a lawyer! ...figures
Figures, how?

I actually contribute to our system, helping companies fund themselves, investing and creating jobs.

What are you doing?
>>
>>80759835
Maybe because half of all Germans are the descendants of Soviet rape-babies.
>>
>>80759914
>how about you try competing with abdul-wahab who will do the same job on a zero-hours contract for less than minimum wage?

So Abdul-Wahab from Poland is doing your job on a zero-hours contract ... and that's the EU's fault how?

You do know the UK is the only country in the EU (as far as I know) which allows zero hours contracts?
>>
>>80758849
He was like Quint in Jaws only he killed Jaws first.
>>
>>80759968
building houses. homes, for families.

I believe that you believe you contribute to society in a good benevolent way. I also dont have enough information to challenge you on that but I certainly have my fucking doubts!

It figures that you are a lawyer because you come across as a right slippery cunt constantly looking for a better answer that fits your criteria.
when answering honestly about how its all effected me personally you went into full snake/lawer mode and tried to pick the bones didn't you, didn't you?

figures, thats all.
ps. get a real job
>>
>>80760074
Little point in being in the EU if its powers over workers' rights can't prevent something like zero hours contracts.
>>
>>80760074
I voted remain. My problem is that the uk will now pivot towards commonwealth countries. By the end of this decade we will be drowning in a sea of muslims.
>>
>>80760074
its not their fault but lets face it, they are the main force behind this new type of immigration some of us are experiencing. Brits had the chance to get out and thats what we did.. hopefully we can pull it off.
>>
>>80759997
nice meme

We've probably got more rape babies from the Napoleonic Wars.

>>80759515
>afghan lawyer

Damn. I think I still prefer >mexican intellectuals
I've not met a single Afghan in my life that was halfway decent. Fortunately I moved out of my neighbourhood a few months ago. They shipped a boatload of these afghan subhumans here.
Also I hate Islam and don't want Muslims in my country. None at all.
>>
Its quite simple really who ever is in charge of the country for the next few years will inherit a country under attack financially and they will be blamed for it all
Boris backed out now so he can save his reputation too run with in the next election
Farrage needs a break, and is a realist he will be back
And that other Chick should have been pm shame really
>>
>>80760399
>Little point in being in the EU if its powers over workers' rights can't prevent something like zero hours contracts.

What the hell? Why should the EU interfere with how sovereign nations conduct their workers' rights business?

It was hard enough to set some minimum standards (4 weeks of paid vacations, a few weeks of minimum maternity leave and a maximum of 48 hours regular work for an ordinary worker per week + overtime hours paid).
>>
>>80760863
LPBP
>>
>>80749738
What I want to hear tomorrow:

Theresa May is officially crowned high chancellor- I mean Prime minister of UK.
Theresa May hereby immediately invoked Article 50

Chances of it happening?
>>
>>80760324
>when answering honestly about how its all effected me personally you went into full snake/lawer mode and tried to pick the bones didn't you, didn't you?
No, I didn't. I asked you how you were affected. Apparently you still have a job and still have a decent income. I am pretty sure that your situation wouldn't be materially different if zero EU citizens had come to the UK in the last 10 years.

>>80760324
>I also dont have enough information to challenge you on that but I certainly have my fucking doubts!
Well, be my guest. But I help companies get funding. They use that money to employ their workers, build factories, build cars, build machinery, build houses and apartments etc.

Someone has to do this job in a capitalist society, lad.
>>
File: teeth.png (48 KB, 186x101) Image search: [Google]
teeth.png
48 KB, 186x101
>>80749738
>>
>>80759835
Of course, Germans would not fight themselves. As they do not pay to ukrainians to kill Russians by themselves today. German Politikum does this.

Germany is on the way to another anglo-planned war on the continent.

Russia will precisely follow anglo directions, including providing all the media-reasons for war.

Anglo do this, because anglo world is in a deep internal structural crisis right now. And they know - war of Germany vs. Russia equals uge profits.
>>
>>80761471
>Theresa May is officially crowned high chancellor- I mean Prime minister of UK.
>Theresa May hereby immediately invoked Article 50

What's funny is that everyone in the UK were all about "uhhhh, the EU is so undemocratic, Juncker is only voted into power by the EU parliament, he is not elected by the people!" And then they just appoint the new PM and that's that.
>Chances of it happening?
Zero. Article 50 will be triggered at the earliest in September/October and more likely next year or not at all (i.e. the EU agrees to negotiate without triggering Article 50).
>>
>>80749738
Didn't she said "brexit means brexit" ?
>>
>>80761500
>be my guest. But I help companies get funding
I hope they are 'small' companies mate, I really do.
oh wait they aren't. hmmm like i said I'm sure you believe you do a good thing for this world day to day but. but as we all know, on that scale the little person gets fucked and your whole street turns black over night. you're probably part of the problem in your own small way.
My apologies if I am in fact, completely incorrect.

>No, I didn't. I asked you how you were affected
and I told you.
you can be 'pretty sure' and wrong all in one day.
its an eye witness account for fucks sake.
>>
>>80761671
>Zero. Article 50 will be triggered at the earliest in September/October and more likely next year or not at all (i.e. the EU agrees to negotiate without triggering Article 50).

you're probably right and it upsets me.
>>
>>80762001
>I hope they are 'small' companies mate, I really do.
>oh wait they aren't.

Define "small". Is a real estate company with 28 people "small"? Yes, we also have tons of big companies. But why do you think it is not ok to help big companies get funding? Do big real estate companies not build apartments? Do they not create wealth for society?

>>80762001
>its an eye witness account for fucks sake.
It's one eye witness account. Yes. But statistics say that EU immigration helps the UK, rather than takes away.

And again, you do not know whether you would be better off if there were zero EU citizen immigration. You might actually be worse off.
>>
>>80749738

Whoever made this image doesn't seem to understand Farage is in an entirely different party and thus could not become PM.
>>
>>80754259
>Half their MPs are diehard leavers
Pretty sure 80-something were leavers. That's 25%. Although I'd admit that most of the party is probably Eurosceptic, I doubt they'll have the balls to rock the boat too hard after the shit that's already happened so far.
>>
>>80762470
>Whoever made this image doesn't seem to understand Farage is in an entirely different party and thus could not become PM.
The picture doesn't say Farage could be PM. It says he is a Brexiteer and resigned.
>>
>>80762271
not my society and there are millions of me.

I agree with your points but I'm not willing to put my trust in statistics or the 'maybes' over what me and others actually experience. We can focus on details forever but we inevitably need to summarise at some point.
Personally Im not against immigration. I voted to try and slow it down to a reasonable level and hopefully prevent peoples heritage and homes from changing too fast at the will of the criminals in power. also to let them know you can't just bomb a country to hell and then expect the remnants to come and live here, it dosent fucking work and nobody asked for this, ever.
can't you see its wrong? you are focusing on E.U migrants and the 'numbers' without looking at the bigger picture/the future.

if it doesn't effect you then i can see why you are so cold. sounds comfy and I don't blame you
lets face it, they do not represent us and the vote to leave
>>
>>80754476
>I just have no idea why Farage resigned
He's always been a largely irrelevant politician, his party only has 1 MP and the two of them hate each other. His only power has ever been with voters, and now voters have done what they can in an anti-EU direction. There is pretty much nothing else he can do at this point, he's never been a political heavy hitter.

What's quite surprising about him is that he is pretty much a completely honest politician. His only aim has ever been to get Britain out of the EU, which would not only mean he loses his job as an MEP, but also make his party completely irrelevant. He has acted purely on principle, and his resignation makes perfect sense at this point.
>>
>>80757703
>https://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/2016/feb/18/mass-eu-migration-into-britain-is-actually-good-news-for-uk-economy

I wouldn't call 2013 recent and the study ends in 2011, guardian may not have read it, also says nothing about polish plumbers.

Overall with all the reports you get a slight net loss from immigrants, which will grow with time as they age and we have to look after their kids, not to mention the defence cost which your study decided has to be zero.
>>
>>80753786

Farage and his family have received credible death threats from different people. I read that this is the reason for his total disappearance from public service. He's not going to risk having his kids murdered.
>>
File: eu no means yes.jpg (64 KB, 720x960) Image search: [Google]
eu no means yes.jpg
64 KB, 720x960
>>80761671
>What's funny is that everyone in the UK were all about "uhhhh, the EU is so undemocratic, Juncker is only voted into power by the EU parliament, he is not elected by the people!"

All of which is true.

>And then they just appoint the new PM and that's that.

We democratically elected the Members of Parliament and they, in accordance with the constitution of this country and the legal authority we gave them, elected a new head for the largest party.

What part of the democratic process is confusing you? Is the part where British votes actually count and aren't ignored to suit EU wishes?
>>
>>80762271
also
>helps the UK
does not necessarily mean
>helps the people who live there.

I think thats what Im failing to say here.
please consider it
>>
>>80762928
you really are a lawyer
>>
>>80763174
>can't you see its wrong? you are focusing on E.U migrants and the 'numbers' without looking at the bigger picture/the future.
Am I?

I have lived in 5 different EU states. Personally, I think we need more Europe and more freedom of movement. Why? Because it makes us all more competitive and at the end makes us all better off.

My vision of a Europe is that a Brit may want to move to Bukarest just as a Pole wants to move to Spain or a German to Finland.

I know this vision is not shared by many. But I have also lived in the US and I have seen how powerful a federation can be, if people believe in that federation and if they have some type of solidarity among each other and move from state to state, if jobs opportunities or studying etc. require it.
>>
>>80749738
They didn't quit.
They ran for the role of PM, but the Tory party decided to go with a univfying figure who was quietly on the side of Remain, but has 100% promised to stick to Brexit since the referendum vote.

I am staggered at how effective the media has been at destroying the brexit side since they won the vote. All propaganda of course, that treats the public like children, and apparently a lot of them fall for it.

>BREXITEERS HAVE QUIT BECAUSE THEY'RE ALL SCARED
Ugh....
>>
>>80763742
>Because it makes us all more competitive and at the end makes us all better off

stopped reading there.
nice talking with you, tin man
>>
>>80761671
There's a very common misconception that we elect both Parties and Prime Ministers, neither of which is true. The only thing we vote for is our parliamentary representative, who then makes decisions for us in parliament, including over who's going to be PM.

All the faggots complaining about an unelected Prime Minister don't seem to realise that the electorate never decides who is PM.
>>
>>80749738
Leadsom was a nobody who was smeared by the media. She had few supporters in Parliament, and would have formed a disjointed Government.

Johnson was stabbed in the back by Gove, who wanted to split the vote between him and Johnson, which would have basically ensured Theresa May's victory in going to Number 10.

Nigel Farage wanted to quit last year, but came back to campaign for the referendum. Now that that's done, he will remain an MEP. His position in UKIP was worth fuck all in Parliament, and gave him a shit ton more work to do. Now that he's won the referendum, he is standing down so he can actually negotiate brexit in the EU Parliament rather than deal with the shenanigans of running a party in the UK.
>>
>>80763396
>We democratically elected the Members of Parliament and they, in accordance with the constitution of this country and the legal authority we gave them, elected a new head for the largest party.
Exactly how the EU works.

As to your pic related, all of these referendums were held by the individual states and the EU had nothing to do with them. And that states voted again in Denmark and Ireland were things the governments there ended up doing, it is NOT the EU which says "you need to vote again".

And as to the EU Constitution, last time I checked, it was never passed, but it failed. The Lisbon Treaty only implements parts of the EU Constitution and it was passed by all states.
>>
>>80754175
>Unironically thinking the British media is/was pro-leave
>Being this fucking delusional

How's art school you fucking lefty?
>>
>>80763742
> a Brit may want to move to Bukarest

What the fuck for?

All you Europeans are smelly cunts and your beer is shit.
>>
>>80763878
Also worth mentioning that polls of Tory party members (who would have voted for who gets to lead the party) easily had May in the lead versus all the Brexit candidates.
If the Brexit candidates were actually predicted to win, ahead of the polls, with lots of MP support, etc. I would understand the childish media narrative (that /pol/ has 100% bought in to, laughably) that the Brexiteers were quitting becasue they were scared.

/pol/ is about as informed as the average moron.

> it is NOT the EU which says "you need to vote again".
No, it's just the people who support the EU.
>>
>>80749738
>Boris
I've no idea, there's probably more to the story that we haven't heard yet.

>Farage
What more could he do? He wasn't an MP, let alone leader of government, and he got the referendum and the result he'd been working towards for the past few decades.

>Leadsom
Party politics got in her way.
>>
>>80763742
You might be interested to know that more Brits live in Australia than in any EU country.
So drop the charade that you need political unification in order to go and live somewhere else.
It is one of the most facile arguments I hear from the pro-EU side.

It's also just a laughably bad argument. It;s like saying: "We need a national policy for the benefit of the people who no longer want to be a part of our nation."
>>
ITT, morons who don't know about British politics teach people who do know about British politics what British politics is about.
>>
>>80764238
>What the fuck for?
Why does a New Yorker move to Alabama? Why does a person from San Francisco move to Rapid City?

To work, live and feed pigeons.
>>
>>80762842
>Pretty sure 80-something were leavers
150 out of 330
>>
>>80761512
Those tombstones have the power to wreck unions
>>
>>80764664
My mistake, you're right.
>>
>>80764557
you are missing the point.
why would we go and live somewhere noticeably shit in comparison to our homeland.
where are you from originally, Ever think of going the fuck back. kiss your mother once in a while?
whats so wrong with where you live?
whats wrong with a holiday once in a while?
why do you and your entire country want to come live and work on MY fucking street huh?
>>
Because they are cowards and are afraid to weather the rough years that will come from a Brexit. They know that Parliament is fucked and they don't want to get fucked with them. What happens to politicians who oversee unstable economic times?
>>
>>80764488
>You might be interested to know that more Brits live in Australia than in any EU country.
No, I did not know that. I heard a lot of Australians also hold British citizenship... and that over 1 million Brits live in Spain.

>So drop the charade that you need political unification in order to go and live somewhere else.
Most Polish expats live in other EU countries. Most German expats live in other EU countries. etc.

>It is one of the most facile arguments I hear from the pro-EU side.
What? That it might make sense to build a united federation in Europe that provides rights to EU citizens, among them the right to live and marry and work everywhere in the European Union, live everywhere etc.?
>>
>>80763308
try not reading the guardian, mate. you must try
>>
>>80764873
Generally, I say if I have more chances in another EU state, why should I not move there?

You do know that the dynamic of the European economy is higher if there is lots of movement of people, right?

It's like a pond, you end up with completely stale water and dead fish, if there is literally no fresh water coming in and water going out.
>>
>>80765408
>You do know that the dynamic of the European economy is higher if there is lots of movement of people, right?
Well fuck, if the European economy is this shit even with the stimulation of dynamic labour, we really must be a dead continent. Guess I'd better move to a less shit one.
>>
They did not want to leave in the first place I think.

>be british politicians
>EU sucks
>make referendum
>actual plan is to stay in but it will be very close so you can have some sort of special status in the EU
>like "do what i want cuz u now how close it was when i almost left and u dont wanna lose me right ?"
>referndum day
>actually very close but not as planned
>shit is fucked up
>this didnt went as planned
>quit
>>
>>80765591
As you wish. I guess you can move to a less shit one, because your country has historic relationship with ex-colonies.

But the rest of Europe for the most part does not have this option. Europeans mostly have only relationships to other European nations. France has historic relationships to a lot of third world nations and Asian nations. Germany has no historic relationships at all. Italy neither. Spain has only ties to South America etc.

So for most Europeans, Australia or Canada or the US are options, but less so than Europe.
>>
>>80765408
>It's like a pond, you end up with completely stale water and dead fish, if there is literally no fresh water coming in and water going out.

no thats YOUR country.

>Generally, I say if I have more chances in another EU state, why should I not move there?

because my dear friend. we don't want you

>You do know that the dynamic of the European economy is higher if there is lots of movement of people, right?

I couldn't give a rats arse wether thats vrai of faux. cheers
>>
>>80765971
>because my dear friend. we don't want you
Why wouldn't you want me?

>>80765971
>I couldn't give a rats arse wether thats vrai of faux. cheers
Ok. Well, then cheers to you too, lad.
>>
>>80765896
So you actually believe Europe (as a continent, not the EU) is doomed to fail? Do you also believe that EU policies have helped against that inevitable decline into the abyss? Common currency especially...
>>
>>80766253
not you personally. Im obviously trying to apply your 'logic' to 500 million people.
you would do very well in London with that attitude, just don't ring me to plaster your house and build your loft conversion because I won't do a very good job on purpose now that we all know your not 'one of the good guys!'

I wanted to ask, do you think anyone will walk away from this thread thinking, damn that german guy really had a point there. I mean, you haven't had the best reception, why is that?
>>
>>80749738

>Boris Johnson
Stabbed in the back by Gove, has popular, cult-like support among young Tories but seen as buffoonish by the larger masses. Was "strongly discouraged" by his party MPs to not enter the leadership race.

>Andrea Leadsom
Propped up by a minority of Tory MPs as the second option against Theresa May. Once it was about to go to the popular vote, her support vanished, leaving The Anointed One to become PM uncontested.

>Nigel Farage
The leader of a single-issue party that fulfilled it's one major policy without being in power. UKIP will either have to disband or rebrand before the next General Election. Given that it's 4 years to the next election they risk fading into irrelevancy before they get a chance. Farage isn't even an MP, and doesn't have a seat at the negotiating table when it comes to new EU/UK relations. Jumping ship was the best option, imo. I doubt we've seen the last of him.

Fuck Theresa May though.
>>
>>80766450
>So you actually believe Europe (as a continent, not the EU) is doomed to fail?
Please define "fail". If you mean that Europe and/or the EU will end up like Africa, i.e. most states would be failed states with civil war, hunger, disease etc. No, I don't think so.

>Do you also believe that EU policies have helped against that inevitable decline into the abyss? Common currency especially...
I think the EU has helped most of Europe to move forward, especially Eastern Europe following the fall of the iron curtain.

As to the Euro, people don't seem to understand why the Euro is a hugely important project and why it is not failing. It is often interesting that people want Bretton Woods / the gold standard back, as a currency system which locked in exchange rates, but at the same time criticize the Euro which is nothing but a European Bretton Woods with locked in exchange rates.
>>
File: image.jpg (50 KB, 285x395) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
50 KB, 285x395
>>80749738
>why are they all gone?

Oy vey I wonder.
>>
>>80766943
>As to the Euro, people don't seem to understand why the Euro is a hugely important project and why it is not failing
Explain both.
>>
>>80749738
because they can't deliver what they were promising
>>
>>80766886
>I wanted to ask, do you think anyone will walk away from this thread thinking, damn that german guy really had a point there.
No, I don't think I can convince anyone on /pol/. I generally think the likelihood to convince anyone of anything on the internet is as high as talking to moot and Taylor Swift on the same day.

> I mean, you haven't had the best reception, why is that?
Because /pol/ is composed of mostly Euroskeptics. It is hard to see the benefits of the EU, if you don't want to look. However, it is very easy to criticize the EU and things associated with it. 90%+ of Americans think the US Congress does a bad job. The only thing that holds America together is the flag, the anthem and "USA! USA! USA!" chants during football games. Europe doesn't have anyone identifying with it, so when 90%+ people disagree with Brussels politics, you won't find anyone but a few people defending that it is better to be together than apart.
>>
>>80763742
you disgust me kraut
>>
>>80754322
yeah it was
>>
>>80767319
I honour of Lortta Lynch
>as I indicated earlier
>>80767328
>>
>>80767203
>>As to the Euro, people don't seem to understand why the Euro is a hugely important project and why it is not failing
>Explain both.

1. A unified currency was the prerequisite to create a European capital markets. Before the Euro, Europe was principally controlled by the US when it came to funding for companies and larger projects. Another reason is reserve currency, global competition when it comes to accounting and banking etc.

2. As to the Euro not failing. A fiat currency fails when it ends up going into hyperinflation. Currently the ECB is fighting deflation. For the Euro to fail, many of the EU states would have to fail to the point that the strong EU states cannot bail out the weak ones any more.

Generally, people criticize the Eurozone for not adhering to the standards it has set itself, most notably the 3% budget deficit. But just because austerity isn't applied uniformly in the Eurozone, doesn't mean that the currency is failing.
>>
>>80749738
There was a wave of depression over the UK after the vote like "holy shit what have we done".

Most Brexiters are in denial about this but these four realized their mistake and quit before the shit hits the fan and it can be blamed on them.
>>
>>80767723
>Before the Euro, Europe was principally controlled by the US when it came to funding for companies and larger projects.
how?

>Another reason is reserve currency
Seigniorage profits? No thank you. I'd take Bitcoin over that.

>For the Euro to fail, many of the EU states would have to fail to the point that the strong EU states cannot bail out the weak ones any more.
Which is just around the corner with the Italian banking system and DB going tits up.
When this shit blows up we cannot bail out anything any more. It's just too big of a mess. Then we will introduce emergency currencies (Germany has one lying around, conveniently) and we get our nice and hard currency back. Maybe together with Austria, Netherlands and Luxemburg or something.

>Generally, people criticize the Eurozone for not adhering to the standards it has set itself, most notably the 3% budget deficit.
That's in northern Europe. In southern Europe people want a more "political" central bank, i.e. money printing to buy away their debt.
>>
>>80769016
A poll showed that 7% of the leavers regretted their vote while 4% of the remainers did. Besides, only the Scottish, London, and millennials that didn't turn out to vote were strongly against Brexit.
>>
>>80749738
Because both the labour party and the conservatives are full of neo-con globalists pushing the same agenda. Farrage and co. will be back once the sky starts falling for real.
Thread replies: 193
Thread images: 11

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.