[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Is is true US posting service is not privatized??
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /pol/ - Politically Incorrect

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 5
File: mobydeux.jpg (25 KB, 480x360) Image search: [Google]
mobydeux.jpg
25 KB, 480x360
Is is true US posting service is not privatized??
>>
>>80719044
true.
>>
>>80719079
So if you're a mailman you work for the US gov?
>>
>>80719239

Yes and you get full benefits for essentially nothing with a retirement plan
>>
>>80719320
Damn

I'm a mailman but here in the Netherlands it's privatized and it's a very low paying job
>>
I don't have to deal with angry armed folks tho
>>
File: 1426101288421.jpg (23 KB, 300x286) Image search: [Google]
1426101288421.jpg
23 KB, 300x286
>>80719079
topkek
I thought you murricans wanted no government interference with anything because 'muh commies'. Free market capitalism and all.
And now you tell me your POSTAL SERVICE is not even privatized?
>>
>>80720111
I was surprised too
I guess it's a tradition
>>
>>80719239
Usually but like most gov offices it's basically a welfare program so you use private companies whenever possible.

>>80720111
>what is a public utility?
Opening others correspondence is a federal crime. The Post office was set up to ensure freedoms. Also, there are plenty of other (better) private services that people use.
>>
>>80720111
We have private companies too, FedEx, UPS, DHL. The USPS has to compete with those and fucking sucks in comparison.
>>
>you'll never deliver mail in a USPS uniform
why even live
>>
>>80721377
>you'll never deliver mail to ww1 soldiers in trenches and see their faces light up and see others go down as they don't got any
>>
File: USPS-closeup3-560x330.jpg (59 KB, 560x330) Image search: [Google]
USPS-closeup3-560x330.jpg
59 KB, 560x330
>>80721377
glorified welfare desu
>>
>>80721377
>You will never cuck dozens of unknown men delivering your "package" to lonely housewives

Just end my life now senpai.
>>
>>80719044
Correct. However, is owned in part by the US government. Before I see a thread full of "Herr, the postal service is inadequatlying run, muh government ", the postal service is highly profitable. The US has been taking those profits for years without investing back into the infrastructure. In fact, the post office is so profitable that this year they lowered the price of a stamp.
>>
>>
>>80722264
I'm a bit jelly. Here all this shit that's important to society as a whole is all privatized. Railways, postal service, etc. The fact that they are competing with others and try to maximize profits has brought nothing but cut corners and sick and fucked up systems.

I wish these things would come under the responsibility of the government again, because that's what a government does and should do: making sure society keeps running smoothly.
Commercial companies do not operate in the best interest of society.
>>
>>80720942
this
I work for UPS and get teamster benefits and job protection.
>>
>>80720942
The USPS is what keeps FedEx and UPS in business, all priority mail travels ups or FedEx to its regional sorting area.
>>
>>80722264
It's a government owned corporation like Amtrak
>>
>>80720230
It is a tradition, the United States is a huge country with a lot of rural areas, the postal service was conceived in order to ensure regular post would reach people living out innawoods or in Montana where there is like one human being for every 30 km/sq
>>
>>80720111
It's basically a remnant of a time when the country wasn't connected enough via planes and travel for a private company to sufficiently do the job. You've got to realize that mail took weeks of constant movement to get across the country before planes and especially before railroads connected the west. Mail had to get across the country and someone had to eat a loss to do so.

Nowdays there are much better options available and no one uses our government post office for anything besides letters and spam mail.
>>
>>80719044
Yours isn't?
I thought big brother did everything in your countries
>>
>>80723357

Tell your drivers to RING THE FUCKING DOORBELL!!! Bunch of fucking ninjas. Ya don't have to stay and wait, but you could at least let me know there is a package sitting out there.
Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.