[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
flags on /pol/
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /pol/ - Politically Incorrect

Thread replies: 65
Thread images: 6
File: IMG_1949.jpg (89 KB, 430x342) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1949.jpg
89 KB, 430x342
So was putting flags on /pol/ a good idea or a bad one? Terrible idea or a great one?

I like the flags personally. It's added a whole new dimension to board culture. You know exactly what to expect, but it still provides ample entertainment. For me it does, anyway.

But what about for other posters? For swedes, indians, mexicans, argentinians? Do you guys feel as if you've suffered unnecessarily because of the flags?

I mean, one could occasionally pick the nationality of the people participating before the flags, but its nothing like it is now. How many quality posts have been disregarded, how many threads destroyed before they've even begun, because of flags?

Can any of the aforementioned posters give me their views?
>>
>>80708546
The flags are good because I remember pre flags (2013 I think?) there were huge amounts of shitposts with people posing as swedes.

We still have that problem but usually it's very obvious and proxies aren't very common.
>>
It was a terrible idea, half the posts in any thread are newfags calling every single non-European/American flag RARExD and all Indian posters getting bombarded with POO in LOO XDDDD

A few months ago any time a Brit posted a Turkroach in Germany would spam the post with ETERNAL ANGLO BEADY EYES

The flags are just pointless, utterly pointless.

Then again, it's nice being able to filter all Israeli posters, which is nice.
>>
Just think about the autistic fucks like my that download flag extensions, I have four flags
>>
>>80708546

It was fun for a while but I prefer the old custom flags. Too much flag bantz.
>>
>>80708960
>and all Indian posters getting bombarded with POO in LOO XDDDD

Not a problem at all. People who can't handle the banter don't belong here desu
>>
>>80708960
>filtering israelis

They're one of the best m8.

A side effect of flags is also that a lot of people here on /pol/ feel bullied so they spread to other boards which isn't a good thing. While I do lurk /pol/ there's too many retards especially stormfags posting their shit on non-/pol/ boards. Those posters are probably ruskies or Indians who otherwise would've been called
>______
>white
>>
>>80709131
Difference between banter and all discussions from certain countries being drowned out by stale memes
>>
It tends to derail threads. However, to the more intelligent posters, it's also a good way to filter out retards who have nothing to contribute other than "RARE" "POO IN LOO" "cuckshed" and so on.
>>
>>80709217
If you can't handle such little things then probably your neck needs a rope tried around it.
>>
>>80708960
Shut up. Mohammed.
>>
>>80709367
Go and poo in the ganges you fucking Indian
>>
>>80709217
If someone replies to you with memes.

Step 1: Check if it was memed well and the post was really funny. If so congratulate said poster. If not move on to the next post

Step 2: Check if there is actually a point being made in the reply or its just pure memery. If there is a point address the point

This is how one handles being memed on
>>
>aussie makes a /qa/ post on /pol/ over flags

big shock
>>
Flags are great because it shows up the fact that 80% of people commenting on how wonderful the far right/ukip are in britpol threads aren't even British. It shows up face flagers for precisely what they are.
>>
>>80709398
1 million
>>
>>80709421
POO
>>
>>80708546
that's some oldschool meme you got there
>>
>>80709367
>>80709421

P
O
O

I
N

T
H
E

L
O
O
>>
>>80708546
>How many quality posts have been disregarded, how many threads destroyed before they've even begun, because of
>Canadians
>>
It's good for asking about certain locations but it also brings a lot of /int/ shitposting into it.
Not that much wrong with it though, a mix of shitposting and information makes this board fun.
>>
>>80709413
Ganges doesn't run all over India, No wonder you lost the empire. You guys suck at geography.

>>80709520
Nope.
>>
>>80709611
Back to the cuckshed, Sven.
>>
>>80708546
I think its a good thing. I know when someone with a turkish flag posts american dead soldiers and bags yankieland its just a roach being mad and not perhaps an american citizen.
>>
>>80708546

It was a terrible idea and big "fuck you" from moot (piss be upon him).

Bring back the custom flags we had before, picking what flag represents you is much more in keeping with a politics board, keep this countryball roleplaying in /int/ where it belongs.
>>
>>80708960

in regards to turks, they deserve everything they get

and in regards to the indians, i've noticed that its only sub-par quality posts that get the POO treatment. if an indian makes an objectively intelligent and reasonable post, they are usually treated pretty seriously.

the people that reply to /every/ indian poster with POO are usually shit-tier participants anyway
>>
>>80709627
>You guys suck at geography.
You guys have trouble finding toilets, let alone rivers in foreign countries
>>
>>80709131
look at this based indian

you're pooing god's work friend
>>
File: 5765543123.jpg (46 KB, 184x184) Image search: [Google]
5765543123.jpg
46 KB, 184x184
>>80709722
>a fucking emu
>>
>>80709536

i actually don't know what the fuck is with that

i think its just confirmation bias; but damned if every terrible post becomes worse by a factor of 10 if its posted by a canadian
>>
>>80708960
The POO in LOO thing is one of the best things that happened to /pol/
>>
>>80709740
You can't find toilets when they doesn't exist. Stop being so stupid.
>>
>>80708546
I like flags

if only to confirm that Sweden and Germany are pure cucks.
>>
>>80709868

stop replying to him, moron
>>
>>80709905
Stop interfering into other people's conversation you sheep shagger.
>>
File: IMG_3360.jpg (91 KB, 500x380) Image search: [Google]
IMG_3360.jpg
91 KB, 500x380
>>80710335

P O O I N L O O
O
O

I
N

L
O
O
>>
>>80709131
> le banter
Good goy, you fell for the internet jew's conspiracy. The meme spammers were sent by the clickbait websites to take down /pol/ one country at a time. First wave were them.second wave was crossposters from reddit. Third wave was newfriends from /b/ . They used to group up in the irc and decide strategies and when to gang up on a certain poster opposing their posts and make him look angry
>>
>>80710448
Over your grave, shit for brains. Over your grave.
>>
>>80709460

fuck u before i pound ur overwait bum wit my cock n balls yer mmm bit of this thock thock thock yer u like that dnt u burger mm
>>
>>80708546
The flags are so annoying. These duckin americans keep calling me "potato nigger" (not sure what that means. Its almost as if they are colourblind. Cant they see im clearly Italian?
>>
>>80710547

im sorry man that was actually really rude i regret saying it sorry
>>
should add an ethnicity flag that's pulled from ur kikebook so we know you're a blm terrorist or kike subversive in glorious america
>>
>>80710660
those kinds of comments are why we call you a nigger. potato loser.
>>
>>80710543
Amazing. Even if 1% of that is true, you should be able to handle it.

IF you can't handle getting hanged on you shouldn't be on an internet discussion place of any kind much less an image board.

I don't mean that in a contemptuous way. I know there are people with emotional/psychological problems who find the this kind of thing tough and my sympathies with them. This is why safe spaces like tumblr exist among other things
>>
>>80708546
I prefer the political flags this board had before the country flags, those were fun
>>
>>80710897
*ganged on

Damn that was one nasty typo
>>
>>80709781

>a fucking mongol
>>
File: 1461861390206.jpg (75 KB, 1024x526) Image search: [Google]
1461861390206.jpg
75 KB, 1024x526
>>80709868
POO IN LOO YOU WALKING TURD
O
O
I
N
L
O
O
>>
>>80710897
> handle
But that's not the problem. You don't care about the quality of board you are on
>>
>>80711150
Its amazing how you can't understand simple English even when you actually invented the language. No wonder you pathetic morons are so dumb that you signed a petition with 4 million+ signatures to recall a vote.
>>
>>80711313
You decide the quality you want.

If you want a quality experience respond to quality posts and make quality posts yourself.

If people want to shitpost all day, let them do that as well. Why ruin other people's fun
>>
File: 1463008045643.jpg (94 KB, 750x562) Image search: [Google]
1463008045643.jpg
94 KB, 750x562
>>80711337
>Reading shitskin posts
>>
>>80711150
It's a tsunami graph you uneducated plebeian.
>>
>>80711150
>>80710448
>>80709861
>>80709520

stops shitposting guys.

we need to culturally enrich this thread, I want some more opinions on flags

Its hard to say; what's more important and pertinent to /pol/itical discussion? the flag of your nation or, as it was previously, custom flags?

what do you guys think of a wider range of custom flags?

i would probably still end up choosing straya desu
>>
>>80711580
>Implying you can read.
>>
>>80709131
>Not a problem at all. People who can't handle the banter don't belong here desu
How is blatant racism and cultural insensitivity harmless "banter"?
>>
boards with flags are the best. i hated at first, but it's fine now. go to any board without flags and it's just yuropoors calling each other stupid americans. it's fucking annoying
>>
>>80712285
Australian here. Banter is a fine art but it also comes naturally.

Poltards are shit at it.
>>
>>80711520
Why have fun here when 9gag exists?
>>
>>80708546
Good idea because now we know that strayas and leaves are extreme shitposters and who bring the bantz

Bad idea because ad hominem and basically everything else except the previous point.
>>
>>80712285

>blatant racism
>cultural insensitivity

you're thinking of >>>/po/

we're all friends here.
>>
>>80712285
Top quality bait. Leaf lives up to its reputation once again

In the 1% chance that it isn't
Racism both real and roleplayed are part of /pol/ in particular and an imageboard in general. It comes with the territory.

Also everyone, even the ones who say they aren't are racist to some extent. One should learn not to get triggered by racism.

>>80712502
No place should be exempt from fun. Fun and muh serious discussion can exist side by side.
>>
No, it was an effort to try to divide and destroy us. However, we adapted it and became stronger.
What was intended to create hate, has created humor.

Fire and flame, we are one
>>
It has certainly lead to way too much /int/ tier off topic posting and even threads.
>>
>>80709217
>poo in loo is a stale meme
But the poo always flows fresh in India, my fine Bongistani friend.
Thread replies: 65
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.