[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
redpilled movies
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /pol/ - Politically Incorrect

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 6
File: Taxi_Driver_1_embed.jpg (151 KB, 928x628) Image search: [Google]
Taxi_Driver_1_embed.jpg
151 KB, 928x628
Is taxi driver the most redpilled movie ever

All the degenerates were meant to be black but scorsese changed them to be white so it wasnt racist
>>
>>80695080
>All the degenerates were meant to be black

Is this true? Sauce?

I loved Taxi Driver, btw. A masterpiece.
>>
>>80695080
great movie
>>
>>80695080
He shot a black guy too though
This movie didn't hold back on the blacks
>>
>>80695080
come and see is
>>
File: TJ RPG.jpg (204 KB, 1280x800) Image search: [Google]
TJ RPG.jpg
204 KB, 1280x800
>>80695080
One of my favorite movies.
>>
File: ancestors blm.png (1 MB, 1336x799) Image search: [Google]
ancestors blm.png
1 MB, 1336x799
>>80695229
>>80695401
>>80695253
>>80695247
Lets get them #BoycottCotton>>>80680256
>>
>>80695080

I think this movie is redpilled because it is very representative of how mental illness looks like.

That is not to say everyone with mental illness is like that (actually, the redpill is that most of us are harmless).

But when you go into hell and your life goes nuts, you start having thoughts -- some of them anti-social. Some of them are thoughts of having been wronged... and all of them conspire into creating an obsessive mood, which is like a cloud that never abandons you.

What I think is the second red pill of the movie, aside from the representation of mental illness, is the following fact:
>even though the guy was going nuts, we cannot possibly say that all his happening was unwarranted by conditions such as: social isolation, media trying to blue pill everyone, bad neighborhoods, unstable social interactions, depressing urban environment, etc.

Also, there is the third red pill:
>as long as you kill the bad guys of the official narrative, you get away with it.
Had he killed Donald Trump or whoever was trying to blue pill him, he would have gotten centuries of jail.

Instead, he killed some slimy pimps, and mobsters... so society rewards him for his folly. They give him a medal or I dunno what.
>>
File: travis-bickle.jpg (39 KB, 651x386) Image search: [Google]
travis-bickle.jpg
39 KB, 651x386
>>80695080
>Is taxi driver the most redpilled movie ever?

BICKLE WAS A HOMOSEXUAL

>The writer of Taxi Driver, Paul Schrader said there's a strong homoerotic element to the storytelling. "If you look at this character, in this film I've just finished (The Walker), he is now gay. From Taxi Driver to American Gigolo to Light Sleeper, he has been working his way there. I've finally got him out of the closet!""

Bickle liked pickle. FUCK.

https://www.theguardian.com/film/2006/jul/06/features.geoffreymacnab
>>
>>80695229
>The writer acknowledges that Taxi Driver is "a young man's film" and could even be considered juvenilia. Its racial politics in particular remain problematic. In his original screenplay, the pimp (eventually played by Harvey Keitel) was black and in the final reel shoot-out, Travis killed only black people. "In the original script, it was just a racist slaughter," Schrader remembers. "There was genuine concern. [The producers] came to me and said, 'We've really got to change this. There could be a riot.' It would have been socially and morally irresponsible if we had incited that kind of violence."

https://www.theguardian.com/film/2006/jul/06/features.geoffreymacnab
>>
>>80695080
children of men

Brazil

our future is somewhere between those two movies
>>
>>80696155
Everybody is a little bit gay anon. Most of us aren't marching in the rainbow parade gay or flitty faggots (I fucked a flitty once, he was fun, but annoyingly needy).

Taxi driver shows a man who can't take the bullshit anymore and just living in that world (of the red pill) becomes depressing to him. Depression is an obsessive disorder and can be very hard to crack and the main characters way out is to fucking eliminate his perceived problem head on.
>>
>>80695080
better yet, he changed them to jews
>>
File: 1387560808_They-Live-3.jpg (267 KB, 1280x958) Image search: [Google]
1387560808_They-Live-3.jpg
267 KB, 1280x958
>>
File: zardoz.jpg (244 KB, 1200x918) Image search: [Google]
zardoz.jpg
244 KB, 1200x918
>>80695080
Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.