[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Does anybody here know about the situation with China and Taiwan?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /pol/ - Politically Incorrect

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 3
File: azn qts.gif (3 MB, 300x225) Image search: [Google]
azn qts.gif
3 MB, 300x225
Does anybody here know about the situation with China and Taiwan? Is there going to be a war with China on one side and a coalition of Taiwan, the US, Japan and a few other Asian countries on the other?
I have some Chinese friends and they started going apeshit over "China going to war" recently

>Taiwanese opinions
PRC best China
>>
Or what are some reliable, unbiased information sources about Asian politics?
>>
>>80691002
So why is China no longer Chinese clay? is it like Tibet where they are ruled by a cult of personality?
>>
>>80692071
>China not being Chinese clay
According to them even Taiwan is a province of China
>>
>>80691002
>China on one side and a coalition of Taiwan, the US, Japan and a few other Asian countries on the other?
whoa who would lose that one. really makes you think.
>>
>>80692822
Yeah quite obvious. But what are the chances of it actually happening?
>>
File: cks.jpg (134 KB, 721x1003) Image search: [Google]
cks.jpg
134 KB, 721x1003
Republic of China is the true China until the fucking peasants got riled up by the communist party. Forcing all the rich and intellectuals to flee to Taiwan. Then you get the literal shit policies like Great Leap Forward and Cultural Revolution that led to millions in deaths.
>Supporting China
>Ever
>>
>>80693334
>Not supporting only China
>>
>>80693946
Not an argument
>>
>>80691002
>Asian "Kissing"
>>
>>80691002
source?
>>
>>80691002
Not quite, there won't be a "war" with China yet. The Chinese government is actually in a pretty heavy inner power struggle due to their government nature and civil unrest within their provinces.

However, if we were to go to war, Taiwan will lose without a doubt even with Japan and Vietnam / Phillipine's help. Our military has steadily degraded over the year and while Chinese equipment aren't any better, they outnumber us by a staggering amount.

I don't think America will be joining the conflict, if anything they'll aid the Chinese effort under the table to ensure "reclaimation".
>>
>>80691002

you can read the white papers released by PRC military

eventual conquest of taiwan is described as their primary mission

they even built mock versions of taiwanese government buildings in mainland china for paratrooper training excercises

i don't think they would actually invade in the short to medium term though, it's more of a long term goal, maybe 10-20 years from now
>>
Why the fuck didn't Taiwan just become an independent nation when they had the chance instead of this "no, no we're one country" as if they think they'll reclaim the mainland some day.

That situation is messed up.
>>
taiwan is not a country it's a usa/jap military base
>>
>>80694689
We didn't get international recognition that's why. We were in the UN a decade or so ago before we left since China claim we're an unlawful territory and our governments are renegade defectors.
>>
>>80694436
Why would America not join on the Taiwanese side? I thought they were allied to you in some kind.
>>
>>80695308
Currently, Obama pays no attention to Taiwan and China owns a good amount of America's debt as well as import and exports. I'm not sure if there's any treaties or written documentation of the alliance but we're not a country in the eyes of the UN, all because China says we're not. ( We have to use the 5 ring flag during Olympics instead of our flag to avoid offending the Chinks.)

Our country is funding Hillary's campaign because we know she listens to the money but China outbid us at that too, so if Clinton's the president, she'll most likely join the invasion in some way in my opinion.
>>
>>80695708
What if Trump's the POTUS?
>>
>>80696008
China's attention will be more diverted to America and hopefully less on us. It's a shame that our media is pro-hillary and pro BLM. The media literally knows nothing about the US and keep saying dindu nuffin while these (((commentators))) say Trump is a rayccist.
>>
30 years ago America would've went to nuclear war over Taiwan. Today no.

Taiwan reunification is going to happen at some point. you should do it sooner so you'll have more influence on the outcome. 30 years from now China will be in an even better economic position relative to Taiwan and you'll get zero say in it.
>>
Would there be any consequences for PRC on the ICJ if they "reclaimed" Taiwan? Or could they just go about it without damaging the relationships to any "western" countries`?
>>
>>80693334
LITERALLY THIS.
Fuck the commie bastards who fucked up China's culture and people. If there is no war between China and Taiwan in the next decade, then expect some sort of civil war or balkanization.
>>
File: 1434876697210.jpg (20 KB, 380x337) Image search: [Google]
1434876697210.jpg
20 KB, 380x337
>Gommie Government collapses
>ROC steps in to govern the mainland
A man can dream
>>
http://china-defense.blogspot.com.au/2016/07/two-un-peacekeepers-from-china-killed.html

kek
Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.