[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>Europeans were killing each other while Americans of all
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /pol/ - Politically Incorrect

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 2
File: image.png (2 MB, 1143x1045) Image search: [Google]
image.png
2 MB, 1143x1045
>Europeans were killing each other while Americans of all backgrounds(Anglo,German,swedish, Polish) were working together in America

Why was ethic diversity never a problem in America?
>>
Because America is awesome
Pls guys accept me
>>
Because America is an idea based nation.

As long as you accept our culture and history as your own you can become one of us. This was unprecedented at the time.

>>80691161

"Give me your tired, your poor,
Your huddled masses yearning to breathe free,"

Do you yearn to breathe free or do you yearn to accept the largesse of the American taxpayer and consistently vote for Marxist bullshit?
>>
>>80690859
Why do Mexicans of all backgrounds keep killing each other all the time?
>>
>>80690859
>Why was ethic diversity never a problem in America?
Because they were all assimilated into Anglo-American culture under penalty of being shunned by society.

They could keep their little cultural quirks like making pizzas and and building barns but they HAD TO be American.
>>
>>80691161
swedes and poles didn't cut each others heads off over plants
>>
>>80691963

And us Italian-Americans love being America, moreso than Anglocucks.

The real answer to OP's question, however, is that intra-ethnic assimilation is possible, but it doesn't necessarily follow that inter-racial assimilation is possible.

Inter-ethnic assimilation failed in Europe because they simply never gave it a staunch go. The EU was an attempt, but it was built on fundamentally unsound principles.
>>
>>80690859
What are you talking about? Irish, Italian, and Polish Americans were discriminated against in America.
>>
>>80692161
Discriminate
Integrate
>>
>>80690859
Because being American is a Civic Identity, while being British, French, or Nigerian are Ethnic Identities.
You can have a Civic and an Ethnic Identity, but you can't have multiple Ethnic Identities.
I'm British-American, for instance. My family cooks British cultural meals and celebrates some British holidays but I still consider myself an American first.
This was always a huge barrier in the function of the EU. Where Americans govern other Americans, European States are governed by Brussels and Germany. And other distinct cultures resent the power of other Identities.
>>
>>80690859
Fewer Jews.
>>
File: photo (1) - Kopie.jpg (8 KB, 120x120) Image search: [Google]
photo (1) - Kopie.jpg
8 KB, 120x120
because you mixed and became the ultimate subhuman race.

Mfw i just insulted you
>>
>>80690859
There was still some tension but in the end they were white. It was only when niggers started producing like rabbits and mexicans started flooding the country it became a huge problem

Inb4 yankees claim the civil war was about slavery and pretend that Lincoln gave a flying fuck about black people
>>
>>80690859
>Why was ethic diversity never a problem in America?
Because it was never diverse?
Who cares what you used to be if you conform to monolithic AMERIKAN culture with burgers and guns?
Stop that multiculturalism bullshit.
Murrika is monolithic (except for ghetto nigga subculture) same goes for litelally every functional nation.
Theres no real working diversity in the world, countries are either monolithic or fucked up.
>>
>>80692373
>Where Americans govern other Americans

Is that explanation adequate? Many Southerns feel that Obama is not their president, And I'm inclined to agree that he isn't.
>>
>>80691771
Is this some kind of failed attemt of banter?
>>
>>80692294
America is built on tolerance, not acceptance.

You earn your place here, most people will stay out of your way if you assimilate and embrace America
>>
>>80690859
Because everyone was basically white AND bought into the national morality. Also, immigrants back then stayed small, kept a low profile, tried to fit in, dropped the indigenous language in favor of English, were thrilled to be here.
Now every shitskin tries to make this place into the fuckin hell hole they're escaping. It's laughable
>>
>>80690859

We were 90% white back then and brown people didn't have civil rights
>>
Because people used to abandon their previous culture and nationality to become American.

They werent a mexican american, German, american, polish american etc.

They were American. And thats it. They learned about american values, interests, and culture instead of just segregating themselves into a sealed neighborhood of their old culture, like immigrants today are doing
>>
>>80692865
Lincoln didn't give a flying fuck about the blacks. No self aware yankee would claim that. However, to pretend that the War of Southern Aggression was about anything other than slavery is lunacy. Even in a "states rights" framework, it's still a war focused on a state's right to allow slavery.
>>
>>80691771
>kek
you did it man I lose it
>>
>>80694922

>Because people used to abandon their previous culture and nationality to become American.

But that's bullshit, I'm PA Deitsch and we were a thing well before the US was a nation.

The nationalism/American flavored cultural Marxism didn't start until the 20th century.

We were a Christian nation, united in our faith and individualism. We worked together because it was more beneficial than infighting, but that doesn't mean that we didn't clash over ethnic and cultural lines regularly.
Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.