[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Is it really a surveillance tool created by the New World Order?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /pol/ - Politically Incorrect

Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 8
Is it really a surveillance tool created by the New World Order?

Why are people so obsessed with this faggy game?
>>
>>80684979
Stupid nigger, everyone has a cell phone and they don't need to fucking use a game to data mine and track you
>>
Autism.
>>
>Niantic, Inc. is a software development company best known for developing the augmented reality mobile games Ingress and Pokémon Go. It was formed by Keyhole, Inc. founder John Hanke in 2010

>Keyhole, Inc., founded in 2001, was a pioneering software development company specializing in geospatial data visualization applications and was acquired by Google in 2004. Initially launched as a spin-off of Intrinsic Graphics, first round funding came from a Sony venture capital fund and others, additional capital came from an NVIDIA bundling deal, from the CIA's venture capital arm In-Q-Tel, with the majority of In-Q-Tel' funds coming from the National Geospatial-Intelligence Agency, and from angel investor Brian McClendon.

>Keyhole's marquee application suite, Earth Viewer, emerged as the highly successful Google Earth application in 2005; other aspects of core technology survive in Google Maps, Google Mobile and the Keyhole Markup Language.

>The name "Keyhole" is also a homage to the KH reconnaissance satellites, the original eye-in-the-sky military reconnaissance system now some 50 years old.

>John Hanke is an entrepreneur. He currently runs Niantic Labs, a company which explores experimental mobile, social, and local applications. Prior to joining Google, Hanke founded and was CEO at Keyhole, Inc.

>Prior to business school, he worked in ****foreign affairs**** for the US Government in Washington, DC, and Myanmar.

Looks like a pretty clever way to crowdsource GEO-INT work. Normies run around town to catch pokemon, and do all the 3D mapping Google couldn't hit with their streetview cars.
>>
>>80686284
The incestuous nature of the "1%" is no proof of anything. Just about anyone is only a few steps away from anyone else.
>>
>>80684979
Pokemon Go seems pretty fun but I'm not going to fucking Peru just to catch Mew.
>>
File: 1426467217270.jpg (43 KB, 600x706) Image search: [Google]
1426467217270.jpg
43 KB, 600x706
>>80686284
I'm uninstalling it right now.
>>
File: Wii_money.gif (340 KB, 640x480) Image search: [Google]
Wii_money.gif
340 KB, 640x480
>>80684979
Its a game made to shit out money, they've been doing it for years
>>
>>80684979
It's a shit game held up by a gimmicky mechanic which will get old in a week, again people waste their time with useless proprietary bullshit that tracks their location 24/7 and sends it wherever.
>>
It's just a gimmick and fad feeding of nostalgia that's easily accessible to normies. We get these fads every couple years and every couple years we get smug dumbshit twits stating the obvious.

I am a little surprised by just how all-encompassing this one is though. Even my ultra-normie gf installed it because "she wanted the yellow one" and now wants to walk to get coffee so we can find pokemon and get the "cute pink one".

She'll forget all about it in 2 weeks.
>>
File: 1467244121268.png (311 KB, 900x702) Image search: [Google]
1467244121268.png
311 KB, 900x702
>concerned about Pokemon Go being a surveillance tool

>Posts on 4chan

mfw
>>
>>80684979
>thinking you're that important of a person

I'm sure the government cares a lot about some autistic ugly neet and what he does day to day.
>>
>>80684979
>Is it really a surveillance tool created by the New World Order?

That would be smartphones.
>>
Why is it free? Who is buying your GPS Info?
>>
>>80684979
Why would a wrestling stable care about Pokemon?
>>
I thought that shit wasn't in Canada yet but I almost killed one of the players running across the street to take a picture of a garbage can today. So yeah, I am already done with it.
>>
/g/ here

Great to see we're on the same page.

>>80687257
That exact mindset...that exact fucking mindset is what allows mass spying.

>Oh, nobody would care about me, why should I give a fuck?

It's you, and millions of other people thinking this. Doesn't it scare you what corporations might use that data for?
>>
>All these people going outside just to play a stupid fucking game on their phones.

Why the fuck can't people just go outside and enjoy nature on their own? What a retarded culture. I honestly hope the dindus take these faggot's phones.
>>
File: 1413751341289.jpg (36 KB, 305x331) Image search: [Google]
1413751341289.jpg
36 KB, 305x331
>implying your government needs an excuse to access your metadata, personal data or phone's gps, mic or camera
>>
>>80686284
i dont get it, they could track my phone movements anytime and actually see my daily life and where i go. Now they have a bunch of data of me doing random ass routes through out my day catching pokemon. Seems like it would not actually be that helpful
>>
>>80688251
no retard, it's the AR info they want... i.e... all the points of interests have hordes of zombies running around taking pics and videos that get sewn together for a full 3d view that a car can not map.

>google "street" view of a park for example.
>>
>>80686496
>>80688251
Here's a press release from when In-Q-Tel first bought into Keyhole

https://www.iqt.org/in-q-tel-announces-strategic-investment-in-keyhole/

>“In-Q-Tel invested in Keyhole because it offers government and commercial users a new capability to radically enhance critical decision making. Through its ability to stream very large geospatial datasets over the Internet and private networks, Keyhole has created an entirely new way to interact with earth imagery and feature data,” said Gilman Louie, CEO of In-Q-Tel. “With Keyhole’s technology, individuals can see and manipulate their world in 3-D, meeting their business and operational challenges in powerful geographic context.”

>NIMA’s success with Keyhole highlights the significant overlap between technology needs across the agencies of the Intelligence Community. “By investing in Keyhole, In-Q-Tel is helping CIA and NIMA leverage limited resources and gain access to a technology of high potential value to both organizations,” said Louie. Working through CIA, NIMA became a limited partner with In-Q-Tel in the summer of 2002. In addition to an equity investment, In-Q-Tel is partnering with Keyhole to further enhance Keyhole EarthSytem’s compatibility with a variety of government datasets through adoption of advanced GIS data standards.
>>
>>80684979
All I really know is what Brian Redban said in Rogans latest podcast. Sounds suspicious, personally i've always thought smartphones were detrimental to society. However I bet it would be fun for kids. I loved the gameboy colour red+blue pokemon but im way too old and busy to play stupid games, especially IRL gaming.
>>
>>80684979
It's the first big augmented reality game and it's fucking Pokemon. People have always been obsessed with that shit.

You really think the surveillance state needs a goddamn vidya to spy on places that are already public?
>>
For fucks sake can mods ban these threads?
>>
File: team blood for the blood god.jpg (209 KB, 720x960) Image search: [Google]
team blood for the blood god.jpg
209 KB, 720x960
Just make sure you all join the right team when you get to level 5.
>>
File: mysterious force.png (1 KB, 501x585) Image search: [Google]
mysterious force.png
1 KB, 501x585
>>80688862
>DELETE THIS!
>>
>oh no they are spying on me!

Please oversensitive idiots. It is all for the construction of the great Cybil System. To live in a world of peace and master race.
>>
>>80687580
>Doesn't it scare you what corporations might use that data for?

No, because despite how tight your tinfoil hat is on, they just want to advertise shit to us.Literally shit like this is all about ads.
>>
>>80684979
>Is it really a surveillance tool created by the New World Order?

Smartphones are already one of those.
>>
>>80687804
based syd knowing what syd needs to know
>>
>>80688862
i smell a jew!
>>
>>80685245
/thread
Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 8

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.