[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Pokemon GO gets FULL ACCESS to Gmail
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /pol/ - Politically Incorrect

Thread replies: 47
Thread images: 5
File: pogo_gmail.jpg (27 KB, 671x390) Image search: [Google]
pogo_gmail.jpg
27 KB, 671x390
Whoops! Totally an accident by Niantic right?
>>
>>80680327
It's a spying tool

Make pokemon appear in places you want pictures taken

Grab those photos off people's phones

Datamine all their emails.

Nintendo's getting in on the spying that all the other tech industry groups are doing.
>>
>>80680742
>playing AR mode
>>
>>80680825
AR mode?

WILL YOU FAGGOTS QUIT SPAMMING YOUR ACRONYMS YOU KNOW NO ONE FUCKING KNOWS ABOUT?!
>>
>>80681041
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Augmented_reality
you can play with the camera off
>>
>>80681041
>2016
>doesn't know about AR
lmao gramps
>>
>>80680742
So just don't use ar

>expecting your Gmail account to be secure from Google

It uses less data than my radio app, whatever it's sending can't rustle my jimmes anyway
>>
>>80680327
>Niantic is owned and bankrolled by google
>Could literally just ask google for the information
>The users would never even know
Non-story. Sage.
>>
https://pedestrian.tv/news/arts-and-culture/surprise-pokmon-go-is-probably-a-massive-cia-surve/269365e0-0022-494a-a367-6ba4df1307c4.htm

lol
>using gmail
>>
>>80681041
>>80680825
>>80681108

You can turn off the camera so it puts the pokemon on a generic backdrop
>>
>>80681257
Except when you aren't in ar mode you don't have to point the camera and you'll be looking at the ground
>>
>>80681041
yeah fucking young people.

what even is a pokemon go
>>
>>80680327
Does Pokemon GO work on Kindles?
>>
>>80681257
>Not realizing it still has access to your camera even when AR mode is off
>>
>>80681483
>data mining what shoes people wear
It must be REALLY good at packing pictures because it uses fuck all for data
>>
>>80681483
>Oh wow what a kickass picture of a sidewalk we stole off this user's phone!
/pol/ I love you but the conspiracies go a little too deep sometimes
>>
>>80680327
If you feel a little better you can turn off all spying on Android. Not like that will do anything.
>>
>>80680327
so does every government agency, honestly it would surprise me if they didn't, because the company is pretty much tied to google
>>
>>80681449
Does it have cellular connection? If yes then you can load it if you find the .apk. Not sure if Amazon devices allow installs outside official stores aka root.
>>
>>80681483
that's true regardless of pokemon go or not.
>>
>>80681449
doubt it
>>
>>80680327
Why would they need it and how do they justify it?
>>
>>80681041
i dont blame your ignorance, after all, american education is a joke
>>
>>80681911
It SHOULD only need basic info. somehow they "accidentally" asked for full permissions
>>
>>80681673
>turn off google made software

Nice joke Hans. Make sure you don't get mugged when looking for voltorbs and electrodes in sharia zones.
>>
>>80681911
probably to send ads or promotions would be my guess
>>
>>80680327
You should have read this when you downloaded it, fucktard. And now you're just knowing this???
>>
File: justanotherpsyop.jpg (282 KB, 765x803) Image search: [Google]
justanotherpsyop.jpg
282 KB, 765x803
>>
Make a trainer club account. It's free and easy.

You don't have to use google.
>>
File: icantbelieveitsnotbutter.jpg (100 KB, 479x818) Image search: [Google]
icantbelieveitsnotbutter.jpg
100 KB, 479x818
Privacy Policy:
Log Data may include information such as a User’s Internet Protocol (IP) address, user agent, browser type, operating system, the web page that a User was visiting before accessing our Services, the pages or features of our Services to which a User browsed and the time spent on those pages or features, search terms, the links on our Services that a User clicked on, and other statistics. We use Log Data to administer the Services and we analyze (and may engage third parties to analyze) Log Data to improve, customize, and enhance our Services by expanding their features and functionality and tailoring them to our Users’ needs and preferences. We may use a person’s Log Data and other information to generate aggregate, non-identifying information about how our Services are used and use such aggregated information to understand and improve our Services and to administer use of the Services.

1/2
>>
File: justabitoffun.jpg (199 KB, 818x759) Image search: [Google]
justabitoffun.jpg
199 KB, 818x759
>>80682336
2/2
We’re not responsible for the content, privacy, or security practices and policies of any Third Party Service. To protect your (or your authorized child’s) information we recommend that you carefully review the privacy policies of all Third Party Service that you (or your authorized child) access via our Services.
>>
If you own a smartphone you're already being datamined by thousands of different entities nonstop.
>But muh video game does too
Wowz guess what?
Your microphone is always on. Your camera is always on. Every keystroke is recorded and analyzed for patterns and keywords. Once you carry the mobile Jew you've already signed away your privacy on a silver platter
>>
>>80682336
>>80682493
I will admit, that does sound fishy, but how would that affect non-US countries?
>>
>>80682647
no answer?
>>
>>80682175

>open source OS whose latest version allows granulated permission denial is rife with security holes somehow because joos

I swear to god pol should be deleted
>>
>>80683329
>google
What's your point, anyway? Are you trying to argue me?
>>
>>80683416
nah, just curious how it affected us
>>
The only people defending this bullshit are the fucking 13 year olds that still watch their Japanese animes.
>>
We wuz Ingress players n shiet.

Listen up kiddos, Niantic didn't do this to begin with. It was the fatfucks who used mule accounts (Quickly created google account throwaways) to sell gear to players unfortunate enough to not get it. Google can't actually "See" everything, and can only see if you actually actively use your gmail, and that it isnt a throwaway. It's in both Ingress and PoGo's TOS that most of you didn't read. They also use this to make sure people don't make 2nd accounts to "Win Trade" in Ingress and likely PoGo as well.
>>
Also sage.
>>
>>80680327
After the NSA revelations, all these other privacy violations feel redundant. If they want to grab your shit, they probably have already.
>>
>>80680327
Only affects Apple not Google phones.

Lurk more, newfags.
>>
>>80681737
You have to flip a setting for it, something about trusting non-Amazon App Store apps, but it works after that.
>>
>>80683903
I don't know, I'm just posting information.
>>
>>80684359
ok
>>
LOL its a lot worse than that
http://www.popsci.com/pokemon-go-has-access-to-your-entire-google-account?src=SOC&dom=fb
>>
>>/v/
>>/VP/
>>/Summer/
Thread replies: 47
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.