[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
This will probably get lost in the shuffle, but here goes.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /pol/ - Politically Incorrect

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1
File: Illicuck.jpg (36 KB, 750x422) Image search: [Google]
Illicuck.jpg
36 KB, 750x422
This will probably get lost in the shuffle, but here goes.
shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion

>There might not be a budget, but Illinois could become the first state with a law on the books that gives Muslims a formal voice in government.
The 21-member council, whose volunteer members would be appointed by the governor as well as leaders in the House and Senate, would advise the governor and General Assembly on issues affecting Muslim Americans and immigrants, including relations between Illinois and Muslim-majority countries.
>http://www.chicagotribune.com/news/ct-illinois-muslim-affairs-council-met-20160619-story.html

legislation text
>http://www.ilga.gov/legislation/fulltext.asp?DocName=09900SB0574sam001&GA=99&LegID=84537&SessionId=88&SpecSess=0&DocTypeId=SB&DocNum=0574&GAID=13&Session=

Section 20 (d)
The 21-member council, whose volunteer members would be appointed by the governor as well as leaders in the House and Senate, would advise the governor and General Assembly on issues affecting Muslim Americans and immigrants, including relations between Illinois and Muslim-majority countries.
>>
>>80664361
How is this an establishment of religion?

It's literally just one step above hiring a religious relations consultant
>>
>>80664361

>relations between Illinois and Muslim-majority countries

hold up, hold up, isn't international relations one of the, like, three things that the federal government is actually allowed to handle and the states are barred from touching?
>>
>>80664491
>shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion

How does that mean only government establishing a religion?
>>
My state is fucked up.
For decades we had a democratic circle controlling everything. The literally racked up billions in debt but things ran I guess.
Now we have a republican governor who pointed out 'hey this is fucked' and refused to abide by that shit. However, he can't do anything because corruption has penetrated so deep into government that the democrats don't have to conceed at all. So we can't pass a budget to start cutting shit but we can't stop spending either because of bullshit rules.
>>
>>80665170
I read that your State Constitution bars legislatures from adjusting pensions in any way so that in effect your State Constitution is a financial suicide pact.

All your taxes go to pay public servant pensions
>>
>>80665467
Illinois is possibly the most corrupt place in North America. If you want to see what democratic rule does to a place, look no further than Chiraq.
>>
>>80665626
I can recognize total failure, I live in Ontariowe
>most indebted sub-sovereign jurisdiction on the planet
>>
>80666666
>>
>>80666300
Move to le based Quebec. Infact no. We don't want cucks.
>>
>>80666417
Dude, Quebec is so full of Muslims now they almost passed Bill 51
But because of Trudope the same legislation will probably go national.
Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.