[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Open Carry
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /pol/ - Politically Incorrect

Thread replies: 36
Thread images: 5
File: 1402566582351.cached.jpg (318 KB, 2000x1333) Image search: [Google]
1402566582351.cached.jpg
318 KB, 2000x1333
Should Open Carry be legal?

I believe it should, to discourage shootings and crime by intimidating the criminals.

what does /pol/ think?
>>
I think if I was about to shoot a place up, and I looked around and saw a fat redneck with gun on his hip, I'd probably shoot him in the back of the head as my first target.

I think open carry puts a massive target on you and you're a fool if that's how you carry defensively.

Sometimes people open carry because they're about to go to the gun range/hunting/hiking though and won't be carrying all day and don't do it defensively
>>
>>80619979
that's retarded. Using that logic, there's no point to having armed guards anywhere, because they're the "first target".
>>
File: 1467264529978.jpg (58 KB, 506x532) Image search: [Google]
1467264529978.jpg
58 KB, 506x532
>>80618151
Open carry is legal at all airports in my state (Georgia).
And government buildings.
Open carry is protected under Nevada's state constitution. Yes, you can walk down the strip with a loaded ak47 and a loaded sidearm.
Texas now has open carry.
>>
>>80619979
>I think if I was about to shoot a place up, and I looked around and saw a fat redneck with gun on his hip,
you'd be dead the second you go to draw your gun. he's already going to see you coming in the door, he's already going to see you casing the room. why should a person who isn't that competent with a weapon, who isn't situationally aware, be allowed to carry even concealed?

why do you want to wait to draw after a gun is already pointed at you and their finger is on the trigger? because you want to murder someone in a split second when they look the other way, rather than run, like you should?

>I think open carry puts a massive target on you
no evidence supports this. conceal carriers literally believe that guns are a deterrent to crime, but not if the attacker can see it, it has to be covered with a shirt. then magically when you draw it and point it, it becomes a crime deterrent again! wew
>>
>>80620429
God bless this state
I still want to move to Texas though
>>
>>80620237
That's different. And yes they are already targets.

But if you're a normal dude why would you want to stick out and be a target yourself?
Why not conceal carry to lower your odds of being specifically targeted?
>>
Not only should it be legal, it should be goddamn encouraged. Yes it's true that if you OC you become a target, but if tons of people are OCing that's a massive deterrent to any sort of shooter. I dream of an America where you see a gun on the hip of every man and woman above the age of responsibility.
>>
File: 1467677005225.jpg (415 KB, 1060x674) Image search: [Google]
1467677005225.jpg
415 KB, 1060x674
>>80619979
>dis guy house right nao
>>
>>80620523
i open carry in texas. nobody harasses me except for the walter-mitty walmart floor managers. most people, and most cops, think it's great. when i walk around outside my office, someone thanks me for exercising my rights, maybe every week or two.
>>
>>80620237
>Using that logic, there's no point to having armed guards anywhere, because they're the "first target".

Sure there is. Have armed guards, but don't be an armed guard yourself. They're disposable early-warning systems.
>>
>>80619979
>Has to sneak up behind an armed man before mass shooting

see? It already lowers chance of mass shooting performed successfully

Proof open carry works

And even then... your retard "plan" only works if there's only one open carrying redneck. If there's two or more you're fucked.
>>
>>80618151
>Should Open Carry be legal?
Yes, but carrying around a rifle makes you look like a total dunce if you're dressed like shit and fat on top of it.

That being said, I consider Open Carry a better idea than CC assuming people use ALS-SLS holsters.

Better to deter a threat rather than having to fight, IMHO.

YOU MAKE YOURSELF A TARGET is a libcuck argument.
>>
I think open carry should be legal with a permit, concealed carry should be legal without permit (but some kind of basic paper you submit to the PD to notify them you will be concealed carrying, so when they check your plates if you're pulled over they'll know).

Open carry is great at preventing mass shootings and basic 1 on 1 crime. The only downside for mass shootings is that you'll be the first target usually.
Concealed carry is great at stopping mass shootings and basic crime, and you won't be a target unless the shooter has a very well trained eye.
>>
>>80620652
why not be the one acquiring the targets, faggot? take the initiative away. where do you get off thinking you can carry a gun and just walk around oblivious all day?

criminals choose targets based on whether they look like they will resist or not.
>>
File: 1461941825016.jpg (66 KB, 566x480) Image search: [Google]
1461941825016.jpg
66 KB, 566x480
>>80618151
It IS legal, so this is a pointless debate.
>>
>>80620867
If you want everyone to know you have a gun, go ahead and open carry.

But I carry to protect myself.
Standing out isn't good for that.

Like a terrorist is going to see some fat old man with a revolver on his hip and reschedule the attack.
>>
>>80620652
>That's different
No its not. :^)
>Why not conceal carry to lower your odds of being specifically targeted?
Because it is uncomfortable. I wear a gun everywhere I go, every day, so having the thing not constantly get in the way of my day to day is important. I also don't want to be drawing from out of my asshole, through a shirt, or inside my fucking pants. Also, how am I going to "conceal" an uzi?
>>
>>80620960
Oh I should say though that being a target is still incredibly rare, since like 1 mass shooting in the last 50 years or so occurred in a non gun free zone. So if it's an area where you can open carry then the shooting won't happen in the first place usually.
>>
Open shoild be legal but regulated by social etiquette.

>yes have an appropriate hand gun that fits you and your skill set
>no, do not pack an M249 saw, you cant carry it all day and you'll look like a mall ninja faggot.

But also change by security climate.
>phoenix, pack a handgun for the meth heads
>fuerguson/batin rouge, pack a SAW for the crowds
>>
>>80618151
Agreed.
Concealed carry should be illegal though.
What are you hiding?
>>
>>80618151
>Open Carry be legal?

well it already is
>>
>>80618151

For those non /k/ in here, that rifle setup is literally bubba redneck retardation autism.

>Some weird ass looking Walmart upper that is half A1 and half A2.
>Huge ass scope mounted 10 miles high on a non secure drop-in rail. He's going to have a chin weld, shit eye relief and a scope that changes zero on every shot.
>Tattoos
>Bluetooth ear piece

Wtf is goin on?
>>
>>80621228
Why the hell should it be illegal?
If someone walks into a gas station or store with their gun already out, there's a chance they won't pat you down and you'll be able to take them out.
>>
Old west proved everyone having guns wasn't a bad idea
I say do it
>>
>>80618151
>I believe it should, to discourage shootings and crime by intimidating the criminals.

Worked great in Dallas, didn't it?
>>
>>80621177
>uncomfortable
You haven't tried a decent holster yet
>I don't want to draw our of my asshole....
I reach under my shirt and have it out in less than a second.
Don't tell me you rely on "drawing faster" than the bad guy.
>how am I going to conceal an Uzi?
Jee idk, maybe just conceal a fucking mini-Uzi you smart-ass prick.
>>
>>80620812
And when they're dead because they're the "first targets", and you become the "second target", what then? Sure bet you had a gun now, and I'm sure the specifics of conceal or not are kinda pointless. You just desperately want a weapon, any weapon. Imagine working for Planned Parenthood.
>>
>>80621516
Because the shooter was at an elevated sniping position you retard. No one would have been able to get a shot on him.
>>
File: open-carry-.jpg (104 KB, 1200x675) Image search: [Google]
open-carry-.jpg
104 KB, 1200x675
Open carry is cringe as hell. 100% attention whoring.

Concealed carry pls
>>
Open carry should be legal, but it isn't an excuse to act in an unsafe manner. Too many people open carry and muzzle sweep a crowd for a photo op. Personally I don't want to open carry for every day defense. The element of surprise, not being the first target, and not getting eyefucked and hassled are all good things for me. A Katrina level chimp out means I'm going to open carry in front of my business as a show of force. Making open carry illegal is just going criminalize an armed protest, idiots are going to find new and exciting ways of endangering the public, enforcing laws to punish idiots is a better plan than banning shit.
>>
>>80618151
Where will your AR be when I teleport behind you and blow your cum filled brains out?
Sorry, these retarded threads enrage me.
>>
>>80621591
>I reach under my shirt and have it out in less than a second.
>Don't tell me you rely on "drawing faster" than the bad guy.
I want every millisecond. I might have thirteen seconds of response time, or a third of one, but I don't want to take cuts to my personal safety just so that other people can have violence out of sight and mind included in their many spheres of civilization protection. I want to wear on my belt line, in something designed for accessibility, not concealability.

I also live in a place where you want to be wearing a winter suit five months a year.
>>
>>80622082
*bellow the beltline*
>>
i like he rifles better. more accurate and more rounds. harder to shoot yourself on accident with a rifle and they are probably more of a deterrent than concealed carry pistols.
i am in favor of open carry.
>>
>>80623035
also its harder to disarm someone carrying a rifle that is strapped to them.
Thread replies: 36
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.