[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How come nobody knows each other now days? When I was growing
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /pol/ - Politically Incorrect

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 2
File: index.jpg (9 KB, 225x225) Image search: [Google]
index.jpg
9 KB, 225x225
How come nobody knows each other now days?

When I was growing up in the late 80s and early 90s everyone in my street knew each other. I literally knew all my neighbors.

Fast-forward 15 years and now I literally don't know a single neighbor. I barely ever seen anyone in my street. Streets are empty. No community feel.

What the fuck happened to society in the last 15 years?
>>
>>80617146
When you were growing up your parents made sure to get to know your neighbors to make sure you were in a safe and healthy environment. Now you're on your own and you don't need that shit.

When you have kids, you'll do the same thing.
>>
>>80617146
A mixture of Jewish influence and technological development caused it. People have less of a reason to interact with each other now that the internet can do everything for them. It also depends a fair amount on what sort of area you are in. If you live near old people then you would still get that same community feel because they live in the past.
>>
>>80617146
I have an app called "nextdoor" that I spread word of in a neighborhood meeting and it's made things a lot nicer, tho it was pretty posh to begin with.
>>
We used to have little get together a with my neighbors where we would grill out and the kids would play games and whatnot. I never see kids playing outside nowadays and all the people moving in are Chinese and don't leave the house as far as I can tell
>>
>>80617146
It's called "diversity."

Robert Putnam did a study hoping to prove that diversity was a good thing, but it turns out the opposite is true. Diverse societies have low trust, so people stay indoors all day and dont talk to neighbors.

Enjoy your atomized urban hellscape controlled by an autistic Jew elite OP. :)
>>
>>80617943
This. when i was growing up there were always kids on the street playing hockey, basketball. I never see kids outside except getting on/off the schoolbus.

Mostly it's due to technology. those were the years before xbox. the most appealing thing on our first PC was pinball
>>
Internet happened.
>>
you may be exacerbating the problem your complaining about brah... Internet is our neighbour now
>>80617146
>>
File: henrykrinkle.jpg (410 KB, 800x800) Image search: [Google]
henrykrinkle.jpg
410 KB, 800x800
>>80617146
>also grew up in the late 80s and early 90s
>knew all my neighbors
>I barely ever seen anyone in my street. Streets are empty. No community feel.

I visited my parents over the weekend in the town where I grew up. Average suburban town in the north east.

No neighbors on the street, or anywhere to be seen. No kids. Mexicans mowing lawns. I ordered a pizza, it was delivered by an old immigrant. The newspaper is thrown out of a van at 5AM by more adult immigrants. All jobs that would've been for local kids 20 years ago.

Nobody has any connection to their neighbors, so nobody cares about anyone but themselves. We've isolated ourselves into destroying our countries.
>>
>>80617146
>What the fuck happened to society in the last 15 years?

Death of homogeny.
Death of stable families.
Rise of the great migration of workers into increasingly densely populated shitholes.
Rise of the 20 years of education to get starter jobs.
Rise of the internet, social isolation, clique building society.
>>
>>80617146

Massive explosions of state power throughout the west senpai. Humans are actually very good at living in communities naturally, but the state necessarily has to destroy these communities in order to maintain and increase it's power.

Taking care of neighbors that fell on hard times has been replaced with state welfare. Neighborhood watches have been replaced with state surveillance. Strong families have been destroyed by making mothers depend on the state for resources instead of marrying productive fathers. Privately organized events are basically illegal as doing anything requires a license, so the only community events are ran by city governments and they almost always suck. The list goes on and on.

Community is DESTROYED by the state. Everyone in the west is ducking miserable because the state is an unnecessary middleman killing every aspect of our natural lives. Humans do not need a massive centralized bureaucracy to run their lives. Everything can be figured out on the local scale. But if everyone realized this, the parasites in government would lose their power. Only when the state is destroyed will community be restored in the west
Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.