[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Saw a commercial begging for money for cancer research and it
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /pol/ - Politically Incorrect

Thread replies: 166
Thread images: 13
File: image.jpg (5 KB, 113x124) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
5 KB, 113x124
Saw a commercial begging for money for cancer research and it got me thinking. It's been what decades of organizations getting billions of dollars to cure cancer and we are no closer to a cure. It's all a big scam isn't it? If anything, a cure is private since the cancer industry makes the most money out of the healthcare scene.
>>
>>80602286
yeah, its the Jews mate.

theyre giving cancer to the white race to breed it out and make everyone black

take the redpill, sheep
>>
>>80602286
Keeping someone permanently I'll and requiring "treatment" is where the monies at

Herpes is an example.

They know this virus in and out.
>>
Only Americans think Scienceā„¢ is some unified organization that can pull off conspiracies as if different scientists can't discover the same thing and then rush to get famous for it.
>>
>>80602452
this

just follow the money, you will realize that soros is behind it all

but if you elect trump he will save us
>>
Most charities are scams. Hardly any of your donations go to the cause you think.

All the large charities invest in hedge funds for example.
>>
>>80602286
Cancer isnt one disease which means there isnt one cure. We have many highly effective therapies to many cancers.

Also I dont see cancer ever actually being cured. We are looking at a situation where its held at bay until your body fails for natural reasons. Like with HIV therapy.

Your body is not immortal and will fail all on its own.
>>
>>80602453
Almost everyone has herpies virus. A minority gets symptoms. Sorry to tell you. Americans always rage at this fact. I have no idea why though.
>>
>>80602286
The reason you see people begging for money like this so much now it that it makes the administrators rich and all they have to do is pay for a few adds now and again.

All they have to do is pay some research scientists a fraction of the money they take in and its all legit. The scientists dont even have to come up with any effective treatments.

So its not a grand conspiracy. More like lots of small scams.
>>
>>80602286
>we are no closer to a cure

We're no closer to some miracle instant cure but cancer survival rates have gone way up in the past few decades.
>>
>>80602870
This. There cannot be scientific conspiracies because science is so transparent and replicable. I bet you think climate change and evolution are myths, too.
>>
>>80602870
>>80603323
>t.moronS
https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC1182327/
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Reproducibility_Project#cite_note-4
>One earlier study found that around $28 billion worth of research per year in medical fields is non-reproducible.
>IN MEDICAL FIELDS
>>
>>80603910
I am writing a masters thesis right now. Its a requirement for me to graduate. I depend on being supplied equipment and supplies from my work place to do the research.

To do worthwhile research it would be incredibly costly and require years or even decades of work.

So instead iv been handed total bullshit and I just have to show im not retarded. If you inspected my thesis closely you would probably find that the result is who cares? or false. Thousands of euros were still spent to generate this bullshit.

Now multiply this up to the millions of people doing degrees, masters and PhDs around the world.
>>
File: Batemans Magnificent Blessing.gif (516 KB, 647x310) Image search: [Google]
Batemans Magnificent Blessing.gif
516 KB, 647x310
>>80604540
>because science is so transparent and replicable
Uh huh, uh huh, uh huh.
>>
>>80603910

>The Reproducibility Project: Psychology was a collaboration completed by 270 contributing authors to repeat 100 published experimental and correlational psychological studies to see if they could get the same results a second time.

>Psychology

This is the least scientific of all the sciences, where findings range wildly from study to study. If someone claimed to have done a study which had massive repercussions and was significant in how policies etc. were determined, there would immediately be twenty different teams trying to prove them wrong. However, if someone publishes a claim that lab rats with Asperger's and cancer lose depth perception when injected with near-lethal doses of Anthrax etc. then no one's going to challenge that because its so fucking niche. If it ever becomes relevant, the study will be repeated. There are so many fringe parts of science that policing them all is impossible; they can only afford to repeat the important, relevant ones i.e. any one the public hears about.
>>
>>80604730
If anyone cared to look at the research done by a complete nobody as a hoop to jump through to graduate for quite a small qualification they might find it doesnt stand up to scrutiny.

You are mistaking widespread inefficiency for a global conspiracy. No one came to me in the night and whispered in my ear that i must waste all this money or my family would be killed.

I wish I didnt have to do it. Its bullshit.
>>
>>80602286
The only real way to find a cure is through stem cells, but that is stopped/slowed down because its "unethical"

Big pharma knows treating people is more profitable than curing them
>>
>>80604970
God you are fucking stupid. You just heard a buzzword.

Cancer is all about identifying cells that are almost like normal cells and killing them.

Stem cells are all about replacing damaged tissue with healthy tissue. Very different.
>>
>>80602286
We've already had a cure for cancer for hundreds of years. it's called surgery.
The problem is that surgeons are willing to just let patients die because some surgeries would be "too risky" and they'd get sued for malpractice if they attempted to save someone's life and failed.
>>
File: multiple-myeloma-298x300.jpg (16 KB, 298x300) Image search: [Google]
multiple-myeloma-298x300.jpg
16 KB, 298x300
>>80605129
How do you surgically remove cancerous growths from multiple locations inside a human skeleton without killing them?

Keep in mind that the cells that cause these growths are dispersed thought the lymphatic system so they just come right back after being removed.
>>
>>80603045
Diseases may be intricate and complicated but hunger isn't.

We've given money to charities for various African countries for decades and nothing ever changes.

Look at the charities...look who they invest in. Arms companies for one. Honestly. Check it out. Its a scam.
>>
>>80605104
What are you studying at Uni?
>>
>>80605397
Clinical Chemistry.
>>
>>80605369
World hunger is cured. They talk to us about world diabetes now.

Check this out for another "white privilege" we are more resistant to diabetes than the other races lol. Now they are getting fed they are all gonna die of diabetes.
>>
Explain than why high profile celebrities or even just some random millionaire or billionaire gets cancer and dies than. There is no cure for cancer yet.
>>
>>80602286
Cancer is literally impossible to cure. If you live long enough, you WILL get cancer. It's like trying to "cure" entropy.

The best we can do is minimize the problem. Giving people periodic cellular maintenance (like every ten years) would bring cancer rates down, along with almost every other cellular pathology, but it would extend lifespans hundreds of not thousands of years, and our society isn't set up to deal with people living that long.
>>
>>80605665
They get flown to Mars and their death is faked. Elvis is there.
>>
>>80604814
>Psychology
>IN MEDICAL FIELDS
And then I like how you just conveniently ignored the other link I posted.

Y'know... because you're a fucking Moron.
>>80604964
The "conspiracy" consists of so called "science" being presented to the public like it's the unassailable word of God when it isn't (i.e. climate change). You can fuck off with the idea that I HAVE to trust your so called "science" in total and unquestioning acceptance.
>>
>>80605741
I dont ask you to trust science. I always laugh at people on 4chan posting citations like they are the word of god.

A citation can be total bullshit. Citations are all about reputation. If you cite a bad source you can be sure its wrong.

Keep questioning and dont trust the man in the white coat. I wouldnt trust me.
>>
>>80603091
Because it's how we gauge a dirty fucking slut
>>
>>80605295

I don't like that picture, it triggers my cosmicism.
>>
>>80605875
But you almost certainly have herpes. Why are americans so badly educated on virology.

Everyone has herpes. It just shows symptoms in a small number of people.
>>
>>80605923
The black spots is dye that has collected in particularly metabolically active cells.

The brain and bladder arnt cancerous but the other black dots are most likely sites of cancerous cells.
>>
cancer just means unbridled cell growth.

it can be any cell which means there would need to be a cure for cancer of any of those specific cells; basically impossible for a 'universal' cure to exist.
>>
People can often live longer and healthier with their cancer than with the treatments that are available to treat that cancer.
>>
>>80605941

Yeah, it just shows on the sluts.
>>
>>80602453
Looks like a herpies vaccination - ie a functional cure is in development
>>
>>80606156
We are building an arsenal of treatments.

Certain cancers usually exhibit certain traits and receptors on their cell surface which we can exploit.
>>
File: different-jew-roles-same-face.jpg (61 KB, 474x592) Image search: [Google]
different-jew-roles-same-face.jpg
61 KB, 474x592
>>80602286
>It's all a big scam isn't it?

I wonder who could be behind it?
>>
>>80606199
American education on display here. Your mother and father have herpes.
>>
>>80605941

Herpes isn't a blanket thing. There's like a million strains and the ones that cause warts and sores are disgusting sluts. 90% of us have the herpes that doesn't require some whore sucking your dick or lips.
>>
>>80603323
Remember when smoking didn't cause cancer
>>
>>80606093

Oh, I understand that much about it. It's just something that hits at your urge to survive, and the merciless march of time.

It's like a picture of someone slowly drowning.
>>
File: aeb.png (1 MB, 600x1800) Image search: [Google]
aeb.png
1 MB, 600x1800
I heard somewhere that we all have cancer in our bodies RIGHT NOW and it is developing slowly but our immune system manages to kill it before it spreads. Scary stuff!
>>
>>80602286
>No closer to the cure
>When we can now shove a speaker up a man's ass and precision fry cancerous cells using sound
its slow but cancer charities are the least jewish
not counting breast cancer organizations which are by far the most
>>
>>80606281

Why are you so upset about herpes? Italy is full of whores, no one is judging you.
>>
>>80602286

Whilst cancer charities are a useless money sink, the lack of a cure isn't a real thing - it just demonstrates a lack of understanding of what cancer is.

It isn't an infection or pathological organism, it's your own cells malfunctioning, at every cell division there is a new chance for cancer. In fact cancers develop reasonably often but the immune system can handle a small amount. Any site of high cell turnover is a potential area. In your DNA you have junk information at the end, that codes for nothing. With each replication your telomeres shorten and lose some junk dna, its not a perfectly conservative mechanism. Eventually some cells might start losing useful DNA and malfunction, resulting in endless replication which is cancer.

At each normal replication there is a chance for mutation that can result in the same thing. So cancer is an inevitable part of our genetic makeup.

Now as for treatment the problem is that the cells are our own - as they divide rapidly the body happily protects them, new vascularization occurs in order to support them and often this is at the expense of healthy cells. The immune system has some ability to detect it, but also some parts of it defend the cells; some white cells actively restart dormant cancerous cells after treatment has finished.

Cancer funds could have cured numerous diseases several times over by now and we are chucking money into something that will never be cured as such. In my mind its a disgrace we throw money at it, and preventable disease like STDs and diabetes, when autoimmune and hereditary disease has almost nothing.
>>
>>80605693
The idea isn't to top people from getting cancer - it's to make it so that if someone does get it, they can take a drug which will kill off all the cancerous cells while leaving the other cells untouched, then they'll be perfectly healthy and can just take the drug again when necessary. Most recurrences of cancer originate from the couple of cells which weren't killed off in surgery. At least that's my understanding of it.
>>
>>80606299
Dont talk about things you know nothing about. People will have to wonder if you are stupid instead of being certain you are.
>>
Kefir
>>
>>80606388
>Baww someone told me I am better than black people because they have herpes but it turns out I do too

It must suck to be
>60% White.
>>
Yes. This is also why I don't for this whole "abloobloo african children are starving and YOU can donate just 1dollar to save his life. Why won't you"
*billions pictures of crying and starving children
It's all a scam too I heard. That they make it into food stamps hardly a small percentage of the money they get donated. Litterly millions of people donating money for Jews so they can take silly pictures of dying children probably not even helping them at the spot. Horrible.
>>
>>80606398
There are plenty of people walking around who have had cancer and been cured from it through chemo. Steve Sailer for example. So we do have a cure for at least 40% of cancers. If they are caught early most cancer is curable.
>>
>>80602452

My tinfoil theory is that CRT TVs caused a lot of the cancer.
>>
File: 1467025734169.png (364 KB, 540x454) Image search: [Google]
1467025734169.png
364 KB, 540x454
>>80606398
Here's a question for you:

Why don't whales and elephants have higher cancer rates than people, since they have more cells?
>>
>>80606532

Isn't it only 2/3rd of people who have herpes and its pretty obvious from the cold sores? Just dont go kissing strangers and you'll be ok.
>>
Fuck cancer brah
>>
>>80606532
Have fun with all those african migrants
We've capped out and even bleached most

Mexicans > Muslims
>>
>>80606680
My tin foil theory is that above ground testing of nuclear weapons released additional radiation into the air.
Which is why they agreed to ban it.

Also a lot of chemicals that were in common use during our parents time turned out to be cancerous so they are now removed.
>>
Read a book called Genetic Entropy and you'll realize cancer is never going to be cured. Ever.
>>
>>80606832
>Muslims
>Ireland

Lol Europe is a country when it suits you.
>60% white and falling. Nigger.
>>
>>80606680
My favorite tinfoil is that it was atmospheric nuclear testing and they pinned the increase in lung cancer on big tobacco.
>>
>>80606804
I think its something like 85% of people have it and the rest are kissless virgins. People with cold sores or worse just have shitty immune systems.
>>
>>80606677

Yeah i wasn't meaning it cant be removed - but more the sense that we can have a fix all 'cure'. It takes work and targeted, quick elimination but you cant just take an anti-cancer pill that will target cancer molecules.

Yet even the people who have no detectable cancers aren't usually said to be cured, just in remission - it can take decades but often some of the cells reappear. A cure is just getting it to the point where it doesn't really matter.
>>
>>80606229
Have you heard about photoimmunotherapy? It looks promising:
>non-invasive method that can wipe out up to an estimated 95% of tumor cells in miceā€”within two hours!

https://youtu.be/3yuVw90AEhs

http://futurism.com/a-self-destruct-switch-for-cancer-new-method-turns-cancer-cells-against-themselves/
>>
>>80606804

Italy is upset because he's a kissless virgin who go herpes from his whore mother's vagina at birth.
>>
>>80607015
We are getting better at using cell surface receptors to target cells for therapy. Im optimistic that when we get old we will have some good therapies but we will still die eventually.
>>
>>80602286
Cancer is simply caused from a lack of adequate oxygenation in the body.

Research the pH of the body and the Wim Hof method.

This is a major medical red-pill.
>>
Your first link was to the Reproducibility Projec which deals with only Psychology, and as for the second, I'm not surprised that a significant proportion of the thousands of papers published in medicine are non-reproducible, given >>80604964. My point was that any science you hear about and are taught in school and university (human physiology, plant reproduction, materials science, quantum physics, climate change, evolution) has been verified by hundreds of independent studies.
>>
>>80607048
The problem is that those cell surface receptors are also found on other healthy cell lines so you can only exploit them so much without doing damage to the patient.
>>
>>80605741
Your first link was to the Reproducibility Projec which deals with only Psychology, and as for the second, I'm not surprised that a significant proportion of the thousands of papers published in medicine are non-reproducible, given >>80604964. My point was that any science you hear about and are taught in school and university (human physiology, plant reproduction, materials science, quantum physics, climate change, evolution) has been verified by hundreds of independent studies.
>>
>>80606696

I have no idea, it would seem that they should. Perhaps they have slower cell turnover, or do but we don't know/their bodies can handle larger tumours before symptoms than we can.
>>
Millions of Americans with GERD equals billions in revenue for anti-acidic medication. Do you really believe that they are actively searching for a cure for any of these chronic conditions?
>>
>>80607058
I say "White americans have herpes but dont know it and it upsets them" and you rise to the bait.

its so effortless. Its also true.
>>
Government funding is the problem. That's what you get for supporting public science and science subsidies.

Although there are many arguments against state investment in science in general it generally boils down to 1) government doesn't do it at a profit, they do it for fame, to buy votes and influences; therefore 2) the state does not fund in a diversified way, instead of looking for all the possible cures and dividing the budget accordingly it looks for the "consensus" and throws all the money in one or few directions so they can brag about how much money have they put in X research, which favors snake oil seller types of people showing up.

http://www.cato-unbound.org/2013/08/05/terence-kealey/case-against-public-science
http://www.cato-unbound.org/2013/08/12/patrick-j-michaels/state-funded-science-its-worse-you-think
>>
>>80602286
It's a genetic flaw that would require some XCOM level shit. Not saying charities aren't a scam, but it's pretty reasonable we haven't found a solution to something that would require non-localized DNA therapy.

We see the elite die all the time, saudi lords, presidents.
>>
>>80607179
This is literal quack-doctory.
>>
>>80607126

But the cell surface receptors are going to be ones found elsewhere - they are useful in metastases when you have a cell type in the wrong place but will still come with the downside of severe collateral damage otherwise.

People don't often realize due to glamorous media depictions of cancers that the treatments leave you crippled for life. You often have to remove a tonne of adjacent tissue and lymph nodes and fry your immune system.
>>
>>80602286
Cancer research worker here.

No, it's just a Fucking Hard Problem. Plus there's been a lot of progress. Survival times for many kinds of cancers are at record highs. Cure rates are better than they've ever been.

If OP is saying "why can't I take an anticancer antibiotic and be cured yet", well it's just not that damn simple.

Partly it's a semantic issue. You're calling a grab-bag of disorders by a single name. Makes it sound like there should be a single fix.

It doesn't work that way.
>>
>>80607552
Yup. That is why I say we will live longer but still die.
>>
>>80607413
>t. schlomo
>>
>>80607562
I will pay you ā‚¬1000 to write my thesis for me. I need it in two months. I have all the data collected.
>>
>>80607373

Well with CRISPR and viral gene modification it is beginning, we already have a treatment for cystic fibrosis that involves infection the airways and changing the DNA.

But its probably a century away from use everywhere.
>>
>>80606318
The first paper showing a link between smoking and cancer was published in 1950. So no, I don't remember.
>>
>>80607179

Then how come digital clubbing is not associated with increased cancer, or COPD for that matter? Oxygenation will only have something to do with cancer to the extent that starved cells will have to reproduce to heal.But then you might as well say that eating spicy foods is the cause of cancer.
>>
>>80602870
That's pretty naive, mate. big science requires big money. Finding a cure for cancer would leave millions of people jobless. Can we please stop with this atheist 'scientists are moral gods' meme
>>
>>80606696
They die in the wild before they can even reach an age where cancer would be a particular concern. You may find this in zoo animals, though.
>>
File: 53667237.jpg (53 KB, 610x343) Image search: [Google]
53667237.jpg
53 KB, 610x343
>>80602286
I'm a "treat the cause, not the symptom" guy. I'll donate when someone try to PREVENT cancer, not cure it.

The cure for many cancer is aperently fasting. When you body goes in autophagy, it eats sick cells first. But there is no money to be made with simply not eating. So good luck proving it scientifically.
>>
>>80608360
>When you fast your body eats cells
No it doesnt.
When you starve, maybe. When you fast your body makes glycogen and fats available for use as fuel. This reduces your body fat.

Everyone knows obesity is carcinogenic. Everyone is already advised to lose weight.
>>
>>80606372

Not really that scary. We all have to die some day. Cancer is basically that impossible to cure disease that makes sure we all eventually pass away if we're lucky enough to live a healthy lifestyle and to bypass all the other stuff that would've killed us in hunter gatherer societies
>>
>>80602286
>looking up weed patents
>find one about breast cancer
>owned by the UK and Japan
>its really long
>search for cure
>cure came up regarding breast cancer
>wtf
>go back weeks later
>search for cure again
>cure is removed
>cant find the patent anymore

Literally (((jews)))
>>
>>80608521
Please tell me you smoke 20 bongs every single day. Your life depends on it.
>>
>>80606696

Back to my earlier point, they don't live up to the age where cancer becomes an issue. They die much earlier due to natural causes
>>
>>80607703
Sorry, that's just not competitive with my current revenue streams. Best of luck though.
>>
>>80602286
There are cures, but depending on the organ that is afflicted and the stage of the tumour, you need different approaches. There is no panacea for cancer. Most tumours however can now be cured on an early stage, before they spread.
>>
>>80602286
t. high school science dropout
Before saying some dumb shit make sure you know wtf cancer is in the first place.
>>
>>80608511
You apparently always need around 4% energy from glucose that will be built from proteins by neoglucogenesis when fasting. So you still have a chance to eat cancerous cells when fast even if you are obese.
>>
>>80605693
This guy understands it. There is no way to do it- it comes with the bill. We've dramatically increased our life expectancy as humans using technology, and it came with a cost. Cancer.
>>
What are you banging on about, chaps?

As little as two decades ago, most cancers were a death sentence. Now we can erradicate at least 60% of cancers outright, and slow down the deterioration in patients with 80% of cancers.

This is one of the many aspects of westen medical research that isn't a scam.
>>
>>80608236
This argument always pisses me off.

You know who else gets cancer besides the general public? Cancer researchers. Their families. Pharma executives. Government administrators. Fucking everyone.

My grandmother and two aunts both had it.

You really figure Joe Lab Coat is letting his family die to ensure the integrity of his NIH funding for the next few years? Then multiply this by thousands upon thousands of researchers globally?
>>
>>80608835
And cells are made from proteins are they?
>>
>>80608649
No I don't smoke the nigger grass
>>
>>80608360

No it wouldn't, if anything it will cause more harm because the cancer cells will still rampantly reproduce and your other cells won't. Fasting would only help pre-cancer.
>>
>>80602452
>Jews are trying to give whites cancer to wipe them out so that browns can take over

>implying the reason why whites get cancer at higher rates than blacks isn't because blacks die from violence and a while host of shit related to poor diet at younger ages than whites
>>
>>80609088

Hence why IBDs have higher cancer rates. People with crohns are often starving, but they still have higher cancer rates due to the cell turnover. Once a cancer cell has spawned it doesn't listen to any stop messages regardless of nutrient requirement.
>>
>>80602286
I have a friend that works doing cancer research at Princeton, he's had his phd for like a decade and been working in the field for just as long. He told me straight up, that it was a scam.

He said almost all the "Discoveries" and """"Science"""" that comes out of these places is nothing but lies. Everybody in the industry knows they're lies, and everybody knows it's a fucking scam, but without cancer research, they wouldn't be making any money.

He went so far as to tell me that knowing what he knows, he would never get chemo or radiation therapy, he would only use wholistic medicine, because it shows better promise. He said that almost 90% of the deaths while people were getting treated for cancer were actually caused by the treatment of it, not the actual cancer.

He has since left the medical research industry and become a photographer
>>
We are seeing results with cancer though.

Cervical cancer was found to be almost exclusively caused by the HPV virus, and they are now immunizing girls in first world countries. That is one common form of cancer that can be mostly wiped out within one generation.

Within the past 10 years survival rates and remission rates have also soared due to effective immunotherapy treatment. Melanoma was one type of cancer that has seen research pay off significantly.
>>
>>80609352

You friend is an either an idiot, you misunderstood him, or doesn't exist - definitely the latter.

But go ahead with your 'wholistic' medicine.
>>
>>80609560

Why is it always the diseases caused by sexual activity that get easy cures first. I mean HIV was an unimaginably complex puzzle to solve for a disease that was pretty easy to not get and yet it got effectively solved where we still just have to tell people with MS to keep their chin up.
>>
>>80602286
Their are loads of different cancers with different causes needing different cures..
They have actually got pretty good treatments for quite a few now but there is plenty of work still to do.

>>80602453
The same is true about flu, but viruses are very hard to develop a vaccine that continues to work in the long term.
Every year they make new flu vaccines simply hoping that they will still be effective by the time they have been put into production and used.
>>
>>80602286
Take this in OP, my dad is a head nurse, when he started in the 80s the average live expectancy for cancer was a week, now it's a year, think about that.
>>
>>80607179
sourceeee
>>
>>80609790

Influenza mutates very rapidly, but the flu vaccine is pretty good. They just look at what 3 strains has been doing the biggest rounds in the opposite hemisphere the last half a year, then inoculate you against that.

We still don't really know why flu is seasonal though, that would interest me.
>>
>>80609870

> dad is a head nurse
>>
>>80609895

the dream he had last night
>>
File: image.jpg (21 KB, 240x250) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
21 KB, 240x250
>>80607179
[CITATION FUCKING NEEDED]
>>
I remember being a kid and having this conversation with adults and I'm still not convinced.
Why do they need money to cure cancer, are they going to buy a cure?
>No, but money funds the people and resources needed to research a cure
Oh, so they're going to start researching it when they get the money?
>No, they've been searching for the cure for a long time
Oh, so then they're close to a cure and need money to finish the job?
>No not exactly
Then, they have a timeframe in mind of when they'll finish making a cure and they need the money to get them there?
>No, actually they still don't know when they'll figure out how to cure cancer
So they've been looking for a cure for ages, which has always been funded one way or another, there is no ETA for a cure, but if we keep pouring in more money, surely they will succeed eventually. Yeah nah. I don't really believe that they are actively keeping the cure from us to prop up big pharm, but I will say it's total horseshit that money brings us closer to a cure
>>
>>80609991
Yep, been working for 30 years. In Australia and in the UK too there tends to me more males in Nursing. Also he was offered promotions multiple times. He also earns over 100k a year
>>
>>80609870

So you call "life" shuffling back and forth to doctor's offices, taking drugs that make you feel like shit, and getting surgeries that are only going to bill your insurance and do absolutely nothing for you?

Guess what the life expectancy is if you don't have health insurance?
>>
The Apollo program was the intersection of relatively trivial math (orbital mechanics) with colossal engineering challenges. The theoretical basis for what they needed to do was very, very well understood though.

Cancer is the opposite. The engineering is in place (ranging from oral meds to drug design to CRISPR/Cas gene editing).

But the theoretical basis involves n-th order interactions of hundreds of metabolic pathways, almost none of which are fully understood, and which adjust by the nanosecond to try to keep the cancer cell alive. Once you begin to really understand the deep complexity of the cell, it's enough to make you despair of ever having a cure for any of it.

It's a harder problem than sending someone to the moon.
>>
>>80609352
Yes, good one friend; cancer has become more treatable and survivable than ever but it's all a lie nobody really wants to cure us nor are they actively trying to cure us.
>>
>>80602286
>we are no closer to a cure
Anon, Iā€¦
>>
>>80610270
>Doesn't know what palliative care is
>>
>>80610248

Not in the UK im afraid.
>>
>>80602286
Cancers cured with preventative medicine:

>colon/bowl cancer
>prostate cancer
>ovarian cancer
>melanoma/skin cancer

There have been lots of cancers cured (with preventative therapy) just no "silver bullet" pull or shot you can take that will nip it in the bud.

Shit, viral therapy has great efficacy and has worked to reverse deadly tumor metastisization in recent FDA human testing trials. Obama (despite his shortcomings) has fast tracked promising cancer research by directing of the FDA to put said research at the front of the line for trials.

Basically, OP is a faggot. Cancer is getting cured, you just aren't paying attention.
>>
>>80610320
Nah man. The NWO and the kikes are conspiring to keep the sheep/goy sick.

It's not hard, but I don't know any better because I'm not a doctor.

Money X Time = cancer cure

See how simple that is?
>>
>>80610531
Yes, but relatively more in the history of health.

Though it's not told, male nurses here are kind of needed, we are having a problem with drugs like ice her atm, someone revved up on shard can hold off 5 people, then you have drunks and shit, my dad said when they would get drunk people in he would do a good cop bad cop routine with his college to root out the trouble makers and let the police deal with them
>>
>>80611061

I was just baiting you but then had to correct that there were lots of male nurses in the uk. Nothing wrong with it and there should be more but currently there aren't many.
>>
>>80608932
Humans always lived around as long as we do now. The average life expectancy went up because more babies make it through child birth. The "we've gained so many years" nonsense is a meme. Sure, we have drugs that will keep us from dying, but the people taking those drugs are already dead practically.

We've always generally lived about this long
>>
>>80609954
It is good but the results haven't been great lately in the UK.
I'll be interested to see what the scores are like this year.

>why flu is seasonal though
That's how it gets you best.

>>80611061
Every accident unit needs at least two big strong male nurses and a cop/security to deal with troublesome family and friends.
>>
>>80605693
This guy is right. I guarantee you that if you cut open any old person (after they have died of course), you will find a myriad of asympomatic carcinomas and sarcomas in their body. The ability to repair just slowly unravels as we age and cancer doesn't show itself until certain key oncogenes and other mutations occur. Unfortunately these genetic controls don't always breakdown when we are like 90+, they can occur in young children usually as hematopoietic cancers.

Besides receiving healthy genes from you parents the only things you can do to lessen the chance of cancer occurring earlier in your life is to eat healthy and in proper portions, exercise (running is best because it directly affects how apoptosis works in our cells), not smoke, don't get hepatitis b or c, and don't work in or live near industrial chemical manufacturing. Also don't be a woman: breast, cervical, ovarian, endometrial and uterine cancers.
>>
>>80605941
I just got tested for all STDs, and I'm negative for everything, including herpes. Not everyone has herpes.
>>
>>80606696
>Why aren't whales and elephants smarter than humans because they bigger brains?
>>
>>80608981
What a stupid argument.
>>
You'll notice that survival rates have gone up for all cancers.
>>
>>80607179
>mistaking the tumor environment that cancer cells create when they form masses for the cause of said cancer

When we build the wall you can join the Mexicans and their shamanistic hot/cold humour medicine.
>>
>>80612008

Getting circumcised nerfs penile cancer rates too and stops you giving HPV.
>>
>>80612183
He's referring to the cold sore herpes (HSV-1) you mong. Seriously has nobody picked up on this within this entire thread? The medical community has never classified it as a STI so don't say you are clear of it because of that test.
>>
>>80612183
You're negative for the strain commonly know as genital herpes.
I don't think an STD test usually covers the common cold sore virus type of herpes, not sure though.
>>
>>80612614
That's because their dicks are dried out. Also HPV infection rates are highly correlated with partner count. Don't be a degenerate nigger or get cucked by a slut and you'll have a far higher chance of being disease free.
>>
>>80602286
Medical grade hydrogen peroxide solution
Disease can not thrive in an oxygen rich environment
No I'm not bullshiting you, the elite take it all the time
>>
>>80602286
Cancer is more diverse than flu, there will.never be a cure for cancer, there might be cures for very specific types of cancer and with a lot of luck cures for broad types of cancer, but never one cure for all types of cancer.
>>
>>80613488
Each time someone gets cancer, we will extract the cancer cells, run some quick scans on them, build a personalised immune system upgrade to kill the cells, then modify the person's immune system with that upgrade we've just built.
>>
>>80612869
>>80612919
Well, in all of my life I've never had a cold sore or any type of sore on my lip or face, I'm pretty sure doctors test for that too. I'm really careful with who I go out or sleep with.

What's the saying, treat your body like a temple? I'm not some disgusting degenerate.
>>
>>80602286
Indeed it is a a scam, there are quite a few alternative treatments (which of course are ridiculed by shills)

Even fasting for a month can cure it, so...
>>
>>80613368
Hydrogen peroxide is generator of reactive oxygen species (ROS) aka free radicals. You want to know why hydrogen peroxide works on anaerobic bacteria? Because they lack the enzyme catalase which is needed to turn toxic oxygen species into more manageable compounds.

Seriously how can there be so many retards using the internet these days? I'm not one to propose authoritarian solutions but there needs to be tests to restrict people's access on the internet if they don't score high enough.
>>
>>80613297

Slept with one person my entire life, and im married to her. Im safe from that shit so long as i remain uncucked.
>>
File: bepo-square-1536.jpg (107 KB, 490x490) Image search: [Google]
bepo-square-1536.jpg
107 KB, 490x490
>>80602286

The Emperor of All Maladies should be required reading for anyone interested in cancer and the state of cancer research. Different forms of cancer are so diverse that the idea of a "cure" is a pipe dream until we invent a literal panacea.
>>
>>80613721
You can get cold sores from the virus being on fomites. It doesn't have to come from kissing. HSV-1 is not a STI, it's pervasive and is as harmless as getting a normal wart on your hand. HSV-2 is what that test was looking for and you passed. HSV-2 thrives in genital tissue but can infect non-genital tissue much like HSV-1. It is the degenerate herpes.
>>
>>80603045
nanomachines son
>>
>>80607413
>>80608981
Thank you for your service
>>
>>80613962
Not a doctor man, that's just what I heard. Well that and cancer thrives in an acidic environment so baking soda is beneficial. Please correct me if I'm wrong as I like learning.
>>
>>80613721
Although Paddy was clearly exaggerating when he said 'everyone', but he's not wrong when he says you can be a carrier and never show symptoms.

>I'm really careful with who I go out or sleep with
> I'm not some disgusting degenerate.
And that is not how you will mostly likely catch the most common form of it anyway.
>>
>>80602286
Cancer cures are being developed by scientists at UCLA, John Hopkins, and other prestigious medical universities.
And yes, they're closer every year.

I for one would never trust a private for-profit organization with this matter. I'd rather invest in people who believe in what they're doing and will move mountains to see it happen. Rather than being guided by lust for money
>>
>>80614703

The human body is incredibly good at maintaining homeostasis. Blood pH and O2 sat levels are kept in a very narrow range and consuming hydrogen peroxide and baking soda will do essentially nothing to change that.

As an example a blood pH below 7.35 or above 7.45 is treated as a medical emergency.
>>
>>80615067
The more you know, thanks friend.
>>
>>80614153
I actually have a relative with cancer and wanted to look more into it. Thanks for the recommendation ameribro.
>>
>>80614703
Cancer cells create acidic tumor environments because they rapidly under glycolysis (anaerobic respiration). They rapidly divide leaving older cells within the center of the mass to die and become necrotic. Besides honestly think of about this if baking soda were to be used to bring up the pH it would lessen the acidity of the tumor environment this keeping more cells alive. Which is bad. Also if NaHCO3 (a common household chemical) were the solution to mankind's biggest biological problem and we all ignored it because of a conspiracy by big pharma then we all deserve to die. Because apparently we are too stupid to even swallow our tongues. Lastly how the hell would you even administer baking soda to an internal cancer (brain or kidney). Think about this for a moment and go read some peer-reviewed academic papers.
>>
>>80616058
Well the household hydrogen peroxide is stabilized with heavy metals I believe, I heard you make a solution with water and a grade not containing heavy metals. Albeit you said it do fuck all but for those who believe in quackery I wouldn't condone drinking that stuff you get OTC.
>>
File: river.jpg (117 KB, 600x400) Image search: [Google]
river.jpg
117 KB, 600x400
>>80602286
Without death, life cannot exist. There would be no evolution nor change.
We would be stuck.

I've been close to death from meningitis. It gave me a bit of brain damage. I can't balance properly. I'm glad I survived though - I felt no pain, and can't remember much. Just waking up in hospital with my wife holding my hand.

Getting rid of a fear of dying will give you an appreciation of life. Whether you are religious or not.
>>
>>80602286
you fucking retarded autist nigger, jesus fucking christ take your tinfoil hat off once in a while to scrub that nappy shitty hair of yours.

Cancer treatment is a billion times better today than it was a decade ago. Every year new research comes out and new treatments are developed, and the survival rates climb. Fuck off, cunt.
>>
As a biology major reading the ignorance in this thread made my head hurt. If you are not educated on the topic please do not spread misinformation. Money must be spent to pay researchers and for the resources. Over the last few decades cancer survival rates has sky rocketed. There are many different kinds of cancer that require unique kinds of treatment you retards.
>>
>>80604970
Are you retarded or something. Stem cells can be isolated from bone marrow, blood, and a mom's placenta. It doesnt just come from fetuses.
>>
>>80606464
But he is right. Most people have the strain of herpes that develops into chickenpox or cold sores. Not everyone has the herpes that causes in genital warts.
>>
>>80617622
>>80617199
>>80616058
>>80615067
Thank you for your service
>>
>>80602286
>years of chemotherapy, rehabilitation, dietary supplements, etc: $$$$$
>a single shot which instacures cancer: $
Can you see the problem?
Thread replies: 166
Thread images: 13

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.