[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Terran Federation
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /pol/ - Politically Incorrect

Thread replies: 218
Thread images: 40
File: 9HYRAF7.png (430 KB, 610x342) Image search: [Google]
9HYRAF7.png
430 KB, 610x342
Would it work?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EBxgrr0wL8M
>>
File: TR.jpg (642 KB, 1500x2400) Image search: [Google]
TR.jpg
642 KB, 1500x2400
>>80521400
Terran Republic
>>
>>80521400
Only if we send every nigger into the meat grinder. We need to find some space bugs first though.
>>
>people spouting HURR DURR DA STARSHIP TROOPER GUBERMENT IS DA BEST without even understanding why it "works"
>>
>>80521400
I watched this movie on shrooms and it seemed like it was 50 hours long
>>
What a military meritocracy? Possibly.
>>
>>80522052
Geneengineer them on Mars and make them attack Earth.
The whole planet unites against alien invasion.
Thousands of workplaces in military created.
Niggers sent on the front.
Problem solved.
>>
I love that movie, but I wish the book was more popular with people, its damn good.
>>
>>80521400
even if one race dominates the earth and kills everyone else, i give you 50 years until they split up in multiple new factions that hate each others guts.
>>
>>80522331
This is already the plan tho
Where do you think all those trillions of dollars are going
>>
>>80522331
Alternatively we could exile them to Mars and rewrite history so that after 100 years we can invade Mars to kill the niggers while people honestly believe they evolved from cockroaches.
Slightly shorter time scale with this plan.
>>
google The Dark Enlightenment and Mencius Moldbug
>>
>>80522510
lol, you guys are fucked up. Can't we just use genetic modification to uplift them so they aren't so stupid, violent, and ugly.
>>
File: meanwhile at the crown......jpg (593 KB, 1024x768) Image search: [Google]
meanwhile at the crown......jpg
593 KB, 1024x768
>>80521916
THIS
>>
>have to serve in military to get citizenship
>now have an army of over 100 million people
>nowhere near enough equipment, bases or staffing
>have a giant standing army with literally nothing to do

whats the fucking point? it only made sense in the movie because they had an endless horde of bugs trying to kill them.
>>
>>80522788
Why bother? It would be cheaper and more efficient to uplift apes.
>>
>>80522834
LOYALTY UNTIL DEATH, COMRADE!
>>
>>80522857
Simple, the dindus and the sandniggers are the bugs.
>>
>>80522857
Space exploration maybe? citizenship doesn't require being in full time military, only basic training and even then if your in a wheel chair they will find something else for you to do.
>>
>>80522857
>literally nothing to do
we will use than man power to build starships duh
>>
>>80522146
Also:
>basing it off the fucking movie instead of the book
>>
>>80522857
The purpose of enlisting can be to teach people honor, discipline, and respect.
>>
>>80523070
the TR are the objectively superior faction
>>
>>80522979
Cause morality nigga. You can't genocide without tainting your soul.

I don't think you really realize exactly how horrible it is to watch anything sentient die.
>>
>>80521400

The ultimate redpilled system. They even mention the (((social scientists))) who almost drove humanity to extinction.

And Argentina is white.
>>
File: WOULDYOULIKETOKNOWMORE.gif (2 MB, 250x187) Image search: [Google]
WOULDYOULIKETOKNOWMORE.gif
2 MB, 250x187
>>80521400
>>
>>80523396
We kill plenty of animals. Where do you draw the line? Being able to speak a human language?
>>
>>80523354
We just make a massive engineering corp that builds shit. Could make shit like hyperloops, space elevators, floating cities and other shit, but military style so it actually gets done.
>>
>>80521400
This is globalism justified by meritocratic fascism.
Truly meritocratic fascism would not be led by Jemimas and have female infantry.
Keep the meritocratic fascism, drop the globalism.
>>
>>80522857
If only there were some way that a hundred million people with nothing to do had some way to contribute to the creation of equipment.

But that's probably just a foolish dream, everybody knows you can't just "make" things, you can only buy them from China.
>>
>>80521400
This looks like a ST:TNG episode.

I.e., terrible for a feature film.
>>
>>80523508
Ok fag, you go kill a person on the real and come back and tell me how you feel. It's great to bullshit about it on the internet.
>>
>>80521400

Depends. We talking the movie(s) or the book?
>>
>>80523549
Why not a Citizen's Army? As opposed to a Professional Army?
>>
>>80523638
>Hurr it isn't a normal job to kill people for a living.
Go do your duty before shitposting on the internet.
>>
>>80522494
>Where do you think all those trillions of dollars are going
Israel
>>
File: TR.jpg (62 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
TR.jpg
62 KB, 1280x720
>>80523355
THE GLORY OF THE BLACK AND RED MAKES ME SWEAT WITH PRIDE. VANU AND NC ARE SHIT-TIER SCRUBLORDS WITH NO LOYALTY OR HONOR.
>>
>>80521916
>dat glorious poster
And... w-what if I an black, gay and obese? Would you still love me?
>>
File: servicecitizenshipdribbble.png (132 KB, 400x300) Image search: [Google]
servicecitizenshipdribbble.png
132 KB, 400x300
Sounds like a good idea to be honest.

Military training and enlistment teaches discipline, social and civic responsibility, and honor.

The only snag is getting it implemented. We would have to face a common enemy that threatened all of humanity(i.e Aliens).
>>
>>80522857
Any civil service guarantees citizenship, military service is the quickest and surest because you still get it if you are discharged for an injury or whatever.
Civilians qualifying for citizenship without serving in the public sector at all is possible, but not automatic, and most don't bother because they maintain all the rights besides democratic participation.
>>
>>80523867
>people are going to take my tough talk about genocide seriously

wew lad
>>
>>80524023

(((aliens)))
>>
A democratic society with proofs of merit before you can vote?

Sounds like a democracy that actually works.
>>
>>80522857
thats why we go war with a alien race in the other fucking side of the galaxy.
>>
>>80522857
>implying it was just the military
Service for citizenship would also mean doing things of serious value and meaning for the Federation, and doing things with devotion, responsibility and honour.
I.e. in the book, it was possible to gain citizenship as a blind, deaf and mute quadriplegic as long as you did your assigned, mundane and meaningless task with the vigor applicable to become a citizen.
>>
>>80524105
>I've never been employed in a military role.
Congratulations on being homosexual.
>>
>>80524023
It's called muslims.

The entire western world is rising up against what is effectively an infestation with the plans to outbreed the infidels; and they're motivated by the ramblings of an ancient middle eastern warlord who claims he spoke with allah while he stroked out.
>>
>>80522182
edgy/
>>
>>80524190
Define Merit.
>>
File: ku-xlarge.jpg (172 KB, 640x360) Image search: [Google]
ku-xlarge.jpg
172 KB, 640x360
>>80524227

Thats actually part of the plot to the original novel. It's really an ideal self improving system. Like a Redpilled version of Star Trek. It really has everything that /pol/ collectively advocates. Humanity is effectively redpilled to the point that racial division is no longer relevant because theyre all terran nationalists.

In fact, maybe Terran Nationalism is the redpilled ideology Pol can use to conquer the universe. By keks command. Screencap me for future threads.
>>
>>80523989
It's a human supremacy movement... So no, you don't qualify
>>
File: 689.jpg (396 KB, 1024x768) Image search: [Google]
689.jpg
396 KB, 1024x768
>>80523989
AS LONG AS YOU'RE READY TO DIE ON THE FRONTLINES, JUST KEEP YOUR SEXUALITY OUT OF MILITARY MATTERS. YOU MIGHT EVEN BE A PERFECT FIT FOR ONE OF THESE BAD BOYS.
>>
>>80522857
>100 million man army
>with nothing to do

Believe it or not, you commie fuck, enlisted men have other skills aside from shootin' and conquerin'.

A 100 million man military never goes to war because it's a 100 million man military. You simpleton piece of shit.
>>
>>80524544
*cough* we're always looking for *cough* cannon fodder *cough*
>>
>>80524409
No no no. You will always have opposition that will halt effort to eradicate any human subspecies.

The only true way for all humans to band together is against something that is completely nonhuman. Something that no person can effectively relate to.
>>
>>80521400

The Terran Federation is a Military Republic. Everyone who wants the right to vote must 'serve' in some capacity. Military service is glorified of course, but it's mentioned in passing, and in Heinlein's notes that the majority of people are in the civil service - administrative, legal, medical, sciences; etc.

It's America cranked up on steroids. Everyone who served earned the right to vote, everyone is equal; corruption and incompetence is handled directly by military tribunal.

The biggest thing is what looks like a cohesive morality taught to everyone that individuals putting effort to the same goal (of serving the state, ex. helping everyone) is the highest human achievement possible.

I have no idea how their economy or health care system would work, but with so many people serving in the civil sector, those things likely take care of themselves.
>>
>>80524656
Never thought of it like that, really great point actually.
>>
File: TR.png (366 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
TR.png
366 KB, 500x500
>>80522834
>The Crown
>>
File: eclipse.jpg (76 KB, 960x669) Image search: [Google]
eclipse.jpg
76 KB, 960x669
>>80524816

Combine that with Universal Basic Income, AI Assisted everything and 3D printers, automated food etc and you have something everybody would be a hardcore nationalist redpill to preserve as a tradition for long term terran supremecy.

/pol/ should begin writing a Terran Nationalist manifesto.
>>
>>80525078
>Character not getting TKed
Unrealistic/10.
>>
>>80525198
This is pretty fucking accurate. With so much firepower you cab expect some serious TK.
>>
>>80524443
Putting the body politic above yourself and defending it even unto death
>>
>>80522857
This. You'd need an external enemy to unify or it will collapse.
>>
>>80525428
Sounds like communism m8. I'll pass.
>>
But didn't the Federation turn out to be super corrupt or something? I never read the book ,only the movies so excuse my ignorance.
>>
File: launch.jpg (159 KB, 960x346) Image search: [Google]
launch.jpg
159 KB, 960x346
>>80525601

You can easily create false flags on the frontier by finding ayylamos to troll. But thats beside the point. You are unified by your collective identity that supercedes all sub identities. Terran Nationalism is in effect an ideal system. The redpill pol needs as we go deeper into this century with greater advances in tech.
>>
>>80521400
Heinlein was generally based
>>
>>80523549
Pulling a Roman? Opera Publica?
Great Idea.
>>
>>80524312
It's actually very well documented. You can't kill people without getting psychological issues.
A fun case was reported by the Tcheka, they had some people to kill en masse and, of course, the executioners all turned mad. The Tcheka concluded that they were not true bolcheviks...
>>
>>80525996
If you haven't killed a man before you are 25 you will never be a man.
>>
>>80523549

Hyperloops are based.

>>80523630

ST was a redpilled TNG. The origional premise was interesting and similar systems should be considered for adoption to meet real world needs. We dont have to go space nazi but the whole one vision one purpose thing can be of value.
>>
>>80524816
Sorta like eusocial bugs vs eusocial humans.

Or

Red ants vs Black ants

VS

BILLY THE BULLY WITH A COSMIC MAGNIFYING GLASS
>>
File: wolf.jpg (106 KB, 1280x1024) Image search: [Google]
wolf.jpg
106 KB, 1280x1024
>>80521400
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KHsSzRPOGoU
>>
>>80521400
>humans
>united
Unless aliens invade, never going to happen.
>>
>>80526183
Why are you telling me this? I'm only saying it looks like a television show. This movie was released in the same year as the Titantic and Men in Black. There's no excuse why it looks like a mid-80s film, especially with a $105 million budget.
>>
>>80526773
>here's no excuse why it looks like a mid-80s film
Have you seen it? It doesn't look like that at all. It looks fantastic. The special effects stand up fairly well today.
>>
File: funeral.png (62 KB, 982x639) Image search: [Google]
funeral.png
62 KB, 982x639
>>80526749
Because no one wants to be united with the senegalese.
>>
>>80526974
I'm talking about that one scene. That one scene looks only slightly better than a television show from the same period.
>>
>>80526183
TOS broke against conventions of the time.

TNG didn't need that, the time wasn't ripe.

Today we need something new to break conventions with, Star Trek is too commercialized.
>>
>>80523989
What part of service guarantees citizenship don't you get? Do your part and you become a citizen.
>>
File: 1455935468784.gif (3 MB, 448x336) Image search: [Google]
1455935468784.gif
3 MB, 448x336
>>80527392
>Today we need something new to break conventions
They're making Sulu gay and Takei is furious about it.
>>80527325
>I'm talking about that one scene
What's wrong with it besides the poor quality of the Youtube upload.
>>
>>80525732
The book is very much an essay on the realities and faults of a fascist, military republic regime as much as it was the fantastic possibilities, so corruption and the problems of Heinlein's system are brought pretty often.
>>
>>80521400
Hate being that guy but book is far better
>>
>>80527543
>What's wrong with it besides the poor quality of the Youtube upload.
Compare it how a similar scene looks in the Titatnic, Night and fucking day.
>>
>>80527767
I think that's the style they were going for.
>>
The most unrealistic part of that movie was when the General stepped down after royally fucking up.

Governments like these require inhuman Captain America-level do-gooders to run properly, and that's why any attempt to try it in real life will almost immediately descend into authoritarian despotism.
>>
>>80527923
Okay, well I think it looks like subpar, which was their intention, I suppose, intentionally making the movie look outdated.
>>
File: RADEC.jpg (22 KB, 500x300) Image search: [Google]
RADEC.jpg
22 KB, 500x300
>>80526512
the Helghast are so fucking cool
>>
File: ricotemplate.png (616 KB, 1000x800) Image search: [Google]
ricotemplate.png
616 KB, 1000x800
>>80521400
The fundamental idea of having to contribute to your society before being allowed to be an active participant in the decision-making process isn't a bad one, but having it rely solely on military service is ridiculous, and even in the novel there were other routes one could take towards becoming a Citizen, it's just that military service was the path the characters in the book followed.

I think the more practical approach would be to have a National Service system with several different paths available to Citizenship: National Defense, National Support, and National Outreach.

National Defense would involve serving a term in the nation's military.

National Support would involve participating in domestic charity-like work, taking care of the sick, the elderly, the homeless, organizing and participating in urban, rural, or environmental conservation projects, maintaining infrastructure, etc etc.

National Outreach would involve charity-like work overseas, whether it be distributing aid and relief, managing refugee camps in wartorn areas, providing medical, educational, or other professional services to underdeveloped areas, working with first-responders in reacting to major catastrophes, etc.

All three branches would be available to permanent US residents starting at 18. You can apply to any branch, but will be recommended to others if you don't meet the qualifications. Each branch would involve a slightly different term of service, and each would allow you to work for a stipend, which would of course vary depending on the nature of your service.

The stipends would not be paid upfront or over time, but rather would be awarded at the conclusion of one's term of service in a form of their choosing. Cash payments would be taxed appropriately, but there would be options to receive the stipend in the form of an non-taxable tuition grant for a college or trade school, or a grant for starting a small business, encouraging productive uses of the stipend.
>>
>>80528187
It looks like the outdated view on how the future would like.
It's not outdated, it's dated.
>>
>>80528618
The future would look like an 80s film, with 80s cinematography. Fuck that.
>>
>>80528569

Would you be able to become a citizen if you were a legal alien by using one of these routes?
>>
>>80528569
This is how the Roman Empire was as well. Believe it or not, most drafted citizens served positions in the bureaucracy rather than the military. And people absolutely hated having to staff places like 'le ancient DMV' because they were Roman Citizens. Then again, the Roman Empire survived for centuries as a sole superpower, and it's track record is pretty much incomparable to anything but the top tier of all empires
>>
>>80528569
hey just like the german draft they got rid of a few years ago
>>
>>80528835
Not only would you be a citizen, the government would actively be reaching out to make non-citizens into functioning in it's government.
>>
>>80528957

The Mongolian Empire had a similar approach to citizenship, though it was more "if you're useful in X job, we're going you put in you Y place to serve Z function". It was revolutionary at the time because, before then, Mongolians got ahead on family ties instead of actual merit.
>>
>>80528835
Refugees, people on temporary visas, or conditional residency? No.

Naturalized and lawful permanent residents? Yes.
>>
No fuck off, glorified soviet union in space. Free market capitalism is the future, where there is no such thing as 'human' or 'human rights' but rather your worth based of your potential for labour, be it physical or mental. The lower echelons of society who have no potential and no safety net will live in their deprived shitholes that become exterminated by those with power for entertainment every now and then or will become pets. Others can be harvested or bred for specific organs/positions for things such as AI.
>>
>>80529196
Exactly. That's why the Mongols spread so fast. The third example I would bring up would be the Ottoman Empire, which, again, had a far superior system to dealing with multi-culturalism.

The Globalists failed miserably, comparatively. I know they were planning this shit in the 80's when Communism was giving up the ghost. Unfortunately, their project was doomed for failure because

>They refused to look to past Empires to build their system. Primarily because successful globalist empires' also were politically incorrect, and had more in common with pol than the Ivy Leagues.
>Nobody was a political genius on staff. They relied too much on merchants to make the system work, and created something unworkable. The people who ACTUALLY could pull it off, were kept far away from the project.

Our entire lives will be defined by recovering from a failed Leftist project, just like Russia's experience from Communism.
>>
>>80521400
I would be all for globalization if we picked up weapons, and raided the house of the 13 families first.
Of course if we did that our countries would all start to fix themselves, and we wouldn't need globalization unless we were attacked by aliens, or something.
>>
>>80529727
>glorified soviet union in space
M8, it's supposed to be fascist.
>>
File: Khorne Thomas.png (1 MB, 1019x720) Image search: [Google]
Khorne Thomas.png
1 MB, 1019x720
>>80522857
Not all the fucking soldiers will be Operators.

Army Engineers
Army Medics
Army builders
etc.
>>
>>80522362
Same. Too bad the movie didn't have the cool power armour as the book did.
>>
>>80522857

>Implying everyone wants to be a citizen
>Implying everyone is willing to put their lives on hold for X years to get to vote
>Implying nations haven't had standing armies during times of peace before
>Implying the military cannot be used for civil duties during peacetime such a police or simple labour
>Implying service requires military service and not any form of civil service (firefighter, police, military)
>>
>>80529952
military scientist
>>
>>80529727
Are you fucking retarded? Starship is an anti-communist book.

It says in the book verbatim: "communism is a good model, if you're built for it. Like the bugs are."
>>
>>80521400
So you want the world to look like Cuba or North Korea?
>>
>>80530073
what is the book called
>>
The US actually had a sort of merit-based system at one point in it's early history.
Only landowners were able to vote. That ensured that only people with a vested interest in the land itself could make decisions.
Obviously you couldn't implement that today, but it's an example of this system being used before.
>>
>>80521400
Terran Empire when?
>>
>>80524036
I am in favor of this form of government, but someone I was debating once brought up a point I wasn't too sure how to counter.

How are the civilians ensured that their other rights are not taken away?
>>
>>80521400
>>80521916
Purge Zenoscum when?
>>
File: Jackson.jpg (14 KB, 297x360) Image search: [Google]
Jackson.jpg
14 KB, 297x360
>>80531160
Landowners need laborers more than laborers need landowners. That's why Andrew Jackson won in the end.

Now. Welfare dependents are a different story.
>>
>>80525103
>UBI
>redpilled

Go back to /r/futurology with that bullshit.
>>
>>80525198
>>80525322
basically only happens if you're playing as the NC, though
>>
>>80521400
It's essentially Multiracial Fascism with a Roman citizen system.

It would work splendidly well.
>>
File: a duke.jpg (115 KB, 1024x768) Image search: [Google]
a duke.jpg
115 KB, 1024x768
>>80528794
>not like 80s movie

end your life, there is no other rebuttal to that point of view besides outright violence
>>
>>80525103
With Tay as our AI overlord we will rule it all.

Space Reich nao.
>>
>>80521400
yes
>>
>>80530904
"Starship Troopers"
>>
>>80522788

Uplifting the krogan was a mistake
>>
>>80522788
So basically turn them into whites? Same results as the guy you replied to, just a different method.
>>
>>80522857
THE WHOLE POINT OF HAVING A RESERVE IS TO BE ABLE TO USE ONLY THE AMOUNT THAT'S NECESSARY.
>>
>>80532017
What is your problem? The scene just looks cheap. There are ways you can make homages to 80s movies without the movie looking like it was made in the 80s, but this film didn't do that.
>>
>>80521400
Damn that Denise Richards.
>>
>>80532334
Which scene in particular? The movie's special effects held up pretty well.
>>
>>80532478
The scene posted in OP. I haven't seen the movie, but I'm just saying that scene looks cheap.
>>
>>80531331
The same way that today's people are ensured their rights don't disappear: Courts.
ST society is very similar to US. The only significant difference is that in order to vote, or hold office, you must do 2 years of service (which is usually civilian, but most people miss that part of the book - understandable considering it's one paragraph followed by 200 pages of POWER ARMOR FUCK YEAH)
>>
>>80521916
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uORfwJ0-SGM

TERRAN EMPIRE
>>
>>80532691
>I haven't seen the movie but I don't like it

We both know that's a bad argument, it looks better in the actual film. That scene in particular was designed to resemble a cheesy military recruitment ad.
>>
>>80521400
Violence is nothing without engineering. Engineering works on economy. Economy works on democracy.

This speech is oversimplified bullshit, in a specially designed narrative that makes it to be easy to bash.

Terrain federation is impossible, as declaring engineering work worthless and making engineers work by force will deplete the quality in 2-3 generations and this will all end in cargo-cult of naked negroes asking for aid in independent democratic-republican states, who will collect all the scientists, fleeing from big brother.
>>
>>80532968
Describing it as hyper-American utopia will certainly make it easier to argue in favor of it, thanks! I'll just say it's no better or worse than our court system, other than the fact that people have to actually service the society in some way before obtaining any credible political voice.
>>
>>80533245
You are a wise Russian. Rome's bureaucracy became a failure for this very reason. Generations of drafting reduced it's quality to function, leading to something bloated and failed.

But then again. Everything fails when given enough time.
>>
>>80522146
It does Brazil

It ensures the only people with the ability to affect politics are the ones who would give their life for it. A person's worth is their ability to contribute, it's always been like that in literally every society but people like to pretend it isn't, a military meritocracy openly admits it.
>>
>>80522857
Teach? Police? Maintain inferstructure? Go to school? Every government employee is a soldier first in that government. Part of the appeal is that if you sign up it's the governments job to find you something to do. It's like welfare but if the recipient had to work hard and earn it. If you have some ridiculous condition like being blind and deaf in both eyes and ears while also crippled the federation gives you an equally ridiculous job to perform, like submitting yourself to medical experimentation. Don't like that? It's all volunteer and you can walk out whenever you want, but don't ever expect to come back.
>>
>People using the movie as an example instead of the book
>>
Its funny, dingle a "good" sounding "red pilled" concept in the face of /pol/ and they suddenly switch to full on globalism.

Citizenship is a powerful tool that should be earned, not given, but you niggers can fuck right off with the Terran shit, one size fits all government is an impossibility.

This system applied to the smaller nation-state would be great if corruption led directly to death.
>>
>>80533153
I remember not liking with this series, but catching this two-parter on TV and loving it.

Fuck, it got me so pumped.
>>
File: Starfleet_command_emblem.png (516 KB, 723x723) Image search: [Google]
Starfleet_command_emblem.png
516 KB, 723x723
>>80521400
Of course it can.

Hello, I'm from the future, and we've solved all of mankind's problems. I have just enough retrodata (That's data that we can manipulate and send into our past and your present, but we can send it even further and into your past) left for one post. Sorry, I can't tell you what year and what part of the galaxy I'm from, for obvious reasons.

Listen, your problems are hard, yet easy at the same time. League of Nations lead to the UN, which then lead to the Continental Alliances (2056-2091) (Asia Alliance, European Alliance and North American American Alliance), which warred against one another and eventually paved the way the Great Purge of 2100. After the Purge, things became awesome.

Listen, I'm not breaking the timeline, but if you wanna help, here's a to-do list:
>kill all niggers
>kill all muslims
>nuke israel and the palestinians

It was Israel, all along. We went for niggers first, that didn't help. Then we went after the Muslims. Still, there was too much economic problems and manipulation of politics, but after we got rid of Israel, the world took off to the stars in 2100.

Hit me up when you guys invent your dimensional porting. Also, don't do that mission to Jupiter. Like, I know SOMEONE has to go, but don't be the first. haha ;)

That's all you guys have to do if you wanna
>>
>>80534660
Definately one of the better parts of Enterprise
>>
>>80521400
Here's the problem with the government Heinlein created in starship troopers:

It creates an enfranchised and a disenfranchised class. The enfranchised group has all the political, legislative, and thus enforcement power. What the enfranchised say, is what is done.

The disenfranchised obviously have no means of changing anything in the political or legislative system without first becoming a citizen through enfranchisement.

Now, the constitution forces the enfranchised to allow the disenfranchised to become citizens, but as the enfranchised are the ones who have complete control over the law, the continued existence of this constitution is wholly up to their whim, and at any time could be revoked or made next to impossible to achieve. For example: Starting a bloody and ruthless interstellar war with the only aim being that it is a meatgrinder which kills as many would-be citizens as possible; technically it doesn't violate their constitution, but the aim is obvious.

Additionally, as is commonplace in democracies - the enfranchised group has no reason not to continually vote more power, influence, and resources for themselves, even if it costs the disenfranchised group. For instance: All non-citizens suddenly losing their right to farm land, and this land being given to citizens instead.

to tl;dr Heinlein's society doesn't work because it isn't inherently fair. It tries to create a meritocratic system, but fails at rule #1 of political systems: Assume people will try to game the system.

Heinlein assumes virtuous citizens controlling the government. The reality will be quite despicable people gaining power and ruining the whole thing for everyone.
>>
>>80534893
Then it's truly no different from any other government.
>>
>>80523355
You are literally a fucking retard.
The Vanu are the only way, the fact that there is literally 100% fucking proof of aliens and all the technology in Planetside derives from the found alien technology proves that finding the aliens and learning from them is key for humanity to survive and thrive, but TR faggots like to sit and jerk off while pretending to be edgy space nazis.
We can agree that the NC are a bunch of hillbilly terrorists acting for jew corporations and that they are the worst scum of the lot.
>>
>>80535110
Yeah, pretty much.

Which is why it was a failure to him, and why he moved onto exploring libertarianism in The Moon is a Harsh Mistress.

It's possible to create a meritocratic government that avoids the pitfalls of the government systems we've had since forever, it's just that people have to stop making their governments so easy to game. The founders of the United States of America gave it a real good shot, but it still needs work.

Ultimately you cannot completely remove bad actors from a government system, but you absolutely CAN limit the extent of their corruption and influence in the overall system.
>>
>>80529727

It's the complete opposite, the ST Terran Federation valued individualism greatly.

Why would you be able to add value to society if everyone thought the same way?

>>80533245

All the service in the TF is voluntary. Plenty of people chose not to serve, but if you don't serve, you don't vote.

With so many people 'serving' by working on infrastructure projects and research, quality of life is likely very very high. There's a partial loss of free thought (Which admittedly, is bad from a philosophical standpoint) but in turn you get increased societal cohesion.

>>80534893

Now this, is a good argument. It's assumed that the military hierarchy would automatically ferret out corruption, but that's far from the truth if our current militaries are anything to show as an example.

Heinlein didn't go into a lot of details that we would need to actually set up a martial democracy of some kind; and it's possible a lot of the philosophical base isn't present to really have one successfully at the moment (Ex, communism wouldn't have existed without Lenin and Marx)
>>
File: BLOOD BLOOD BLOOOD.jpg (331 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
BLOOD BLOOD BLOOOD.jpg
331 KB, 1280x720
>you will never live in a Human Imperium with an uncountable populace
>you will never be one of thousands who jump into the frontlines as waves crashing into the enemy one after another
>you will never die for the glory of Humanity
>you will never pillage, rape and murder the alien filth as you cleanse planet after planet,

Imagine a Galaxy wide crusade where you burn, kill, rape to your hearts content, without worrying about some morals, since you are killing alien filth.
>>
>>80521400
>>80521916
>>80522182
It just struck me that Starship troopers is Americas version of Zulu. You guys wanted an empire so bad but you missed any real chance
>>
>>80521400
as heinlein actually described it, it would have been lightyears better than the shit we have now

>have to actually work to improve the nation to earn the right to vote
>regular shitheads don't get a say because they hate the nation.
>>
>>80535710
>rape
>xenos
>>
>>80522510
Then we get Johj'd to death. No thanks.
>>
>>80535832
You're very obviously referring to the movie, and the movie has little to do with the book it was ostensibly based on.

No, the movie is not "an american version of zulu". It is an action flick meant to make money.
>>
>>80525732

The movies were created by jews who hated and didn't even read the book. They where just told by other people what the book was about and made the movies off that.

Go read the book you fucking pleb.
>>
>>80536312
> Yes the wider context is never relevant its just a movie with no subtle meanings or political messageswhat so ever
God you sound like this old man I overheard once at a lecture
>>
>>80521400
Military service for citizenship. kinda like roman empire.
>>
y'all niggers are also aware heinlein came up with an alternative to taxes and fractional reserve banking right?

>A required end to fractional reserve banking. Banks must always have a 100% reserve for any loan they give out.
>New money is printed only by the government, and then, only enough to counteract the natural deflation that would occur in a system without fractional reserve banking.
>The government uses this money (and only this money), divided among all of its necessary roles. Any extra is divided evenly among citizens and businesses that over-produce, to offset the loss of not selling their over-production (the government buying the over-production for its own use, which can be bought by citizens later if they so desire at the same price.)
>Goods bought by the government are later sold by the government (or used by it), and normal governmental services (such as postage) are sold. These goods and services provide the standard backing for the currency, similar to how gold is used to back the gold standard.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/For_Us,_The_Living:_A_Comedy_of_Customs#Economic_independence

he was truly a visionary
>>
>>80521400
Absolutely.

In order for the state to function, you must protect it from two things; the people, and itself.

The state can be protected from the people simply by not letting them have a say in it, or a reduced one. The citizens are subordinate, nothing more.

To protect the state from itself, two things must be done. It must be populated by virtuous men who are less likely to take advantage of it (this is accomplished through service), as well as a method to prevent corruption from appearing.

The solution to the latter is not only a state that has broken apart its powers and balanced them against each other, but rather multiple, parallel states that are constantly observing and balancing each other.
A prime example of this would be multiple "watchman" agencies watching not only the state, but each other as well.
>>
>>80536960
the original concept was just any service worthy of citizenship got you the right to vote. military service was just the quickest and easiest.

you could have been a successful business man that helped the economy grow by X amount and you could apply for citizenship.
>>
File: emperor_of_mankind.jpg (178 KB, 734x950) Image search: [Google]
emperor_of_mankind.jpg
178 KB, 734x950
>>80521400

Why not the Imperium of Man instead?
>>
>>80536636
>The movies were created by jews who hated and didn't even read the book.
>hating on based Paul Verhoeven, the man who brought us Robocop and Total Recall
Yes, he did a terrible job adapting SST and he should have taken the time to read the book before diving into doing a screenplay adaptation, but the movie's still a blast.
>>
>>80521400
Yes it would. Oddly enough fascism would work well for a unified species, there will always be an enemy you don't even need to dehumanize out there.
>>
>>80521400
It'd be better if they had some sort of alliance rather than a federation. Creating a federation would only further globalism, creating a Human Empire. An alliance would be more like the WW2 Allies or NATO, worlds allied to defeat the alien threat.
>>
>>80529068
Why did they get rid of it?
>>
File: 1456110913907.png (330 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
1456110913907.png
330 KB, 500x500
>>80535511
>key for humanity to survive
There is literally a technology that can resurrect any soldier
killed in action the notion that humanity NEEDS alien tech to survive
is far divorced from the truth
>>
File: Tentacolino.png (167 KB, 618x358) Image search: [Google]
Tentacolino.png
167 KB, 618x358
>>80530073
I remember a panel where they had Rico and Dizzy's actors talking about the film and how Rico's actor loved the book and read it constantly as a kid.

Their budget only allowed them to either have Marauder suits or the bugs so it was a pretty limiting choice. He also wanted the skinnies to be in it too.
>>
Wait, once a citizen who would you vote for"
>>
>>80534893
Thats why you setup burracarcies as checks and balances like they did with our government. Sure it EVENTUALLY becomes corrupt, but I'm certain everything becomes corrupt given enough time. You design checks and balances.
>>
File: 101st Feels Regiment.png (897 KB, 900x1007) Image search: [Google]
101st Feels Regiment.png
897 KB, 900x1007
>>80535710
>tfw no blood pact models
>>
File: 1326788452647.jpg (7 KB, 255x220) Image search: [Google]
1326788452647.jpg
7 KB, 255x220
>>80540473
>burracarcies
How did it come to this.
>>
File: ncc.jpg (1 MB, 3840x2160) Image search: [Google]
ncc.jpg
1 MB, 3840x2160
>>80521916

TR scum
>>
>>80540780
I mean you have to setup competing poles of power. Imagine if there was a ministry of order, whose sole job was to make sure laws were followed. Then you create something like a ministry of freedom designed to keep the opposing one from overstepping its bounds. They are locked in eternal struggle with each other, but because they never veer too hard one way or another society neither becomes tyrannical or anarchistic. I mean its a silly example, but its just a demonstration of what I mean.

I actually think this is the function that the different gods served in the Roman pantheon. They were ways for people to express the different virtues of the gods in the task of moral campaigns or civic projects.
>>
File: 1468018318900.jpg (122 KB, 680x680) Image search: [Google]
1468018318900.jpg
122 KB, 680x680
>>80540851
>NC
>>
>>80540851
Still enjoying that massive population boost at 3pm on schooldays or did that end after the beta?
>>
>>80541273
They'll just individually become corrupted or incompetent, not to mention in some cases collude. Only matter of time before psychopaths rise to the top in such a system.

People are imperfect, any system they create will be imperfect and will fall and will be needed to be rebuilt again, unless you remove the 'people' element in 'people'. Emotions, desires etc, natural robots is what we need in power.
>>
>>80528536
It was so disappointing when you play killzone one for the first time and learn you do not play as the Helghast.
>>
>>80541686
The idea isn't so much that it would never be corrupt, its just that we could take some lessons learned and make a 3.0 version of Western Civilization.

Rome and Greece were 1.0 and had some amount of balance. France, UK, US are 2.0.

When we get around to 3.0 we should make them better.
>>
>>80539411
>better
No, global unification under a singular authority is the best thing possible.
So long as you can control or get rid of the niggers, that is.

>>80539589
Nigga, rez tech is vanu tech, which is derived from ayy tech.
>>
>>80541686
>>80542229

Like from a structure and function standpoint. Some thought should be put into to making a checks and balance system for the press for instance. Especially in light of how we currently have a quasi one party state due to media collusion and corruption.

We have to adjust government substantially in light of new technology. This form of government is starting to really show its age. Too much legalese, too much mob rule, too many instances of the government ignoring its own rules, etc. So it maybe time to start planning version 3.0
>>
>>80542581
>>80542229
Who will be the 'we' and how will this 'we' overlook the transition phase from the old to the new? What guarantee is there that some individuals in this 'we' won't take the power vacuum for granted. After all, this is a complete reconstruction we are talking here, everything needs to change, nothing remaining of the old system. Such an undertaking will take time, a lot of resources, and mutual constraint from these 'we'.

What I would fear worse is that some individuals would rig the system before it is even implemented.
>>
>>80543161
Do you think people didn't have the same reservations about the founding fathers?

Protip: You can't tell or even pick who the "we" are; the "we" are just whoever is successful in setting up their new order.
If the "we" are malevolent, then eventually a new "we" will arise and install their order, and the cycle starts over again.

The future will belong to whoever can design, implement, and maintain a system that allows for such revision without bloodshed, and without much revolutionary change of authority.
>>
>>80543402
>whoever can design, implement, and maintain a system that allows for such revision without bloodshed, and without much revolutionary change of authority

This will never happen, or will never be allowed to happen.
>>
>>80543505
>This will never happen
Nothing is impossible, only varying shades of improbable or difficult that are very close to impossible.

>or will never be allowed to happen.
By who? The old "we", or the new "we"?
>>
>>80522788
To expensive even still.

Better to just use bullets and nooses mate.
>>
>>80543505
Thats what you fags said last time.
>>
>>80543716
>whoever can design, implement, and maintain a system that allows for such revision without bloodshed, and without much revolutionary change of authority
Next to impossible then.
>By who? The old "we", or the new "we"?
Depends on where you are in the cycle. Also, if we are containing this to the US only, then it doesn't even matter.

>>80543886
>Thats what you fags said last time.
Yet the same fags are back in business there again and they came back pretty quick.
>>
>>80544251
>Depends on where you are in the cycle.
The cycle is whoever starts it.

>Yet the same fags are back in business there again and they came back pretty quick.
That just means we have more data for 3.0, and a few bugs to iron out.
Universal suffrage and the propensity to tend towards universal suffrage being one of them.
>>
>>80544251
I mean its just a thought experiment. I wanted to just throw it out there, because from time to time I see very insightful anons post on here.

I'm sure I'm not the only anon thats stayed up at night wondering how this clusterfuck we are in could have been prevented.
>>
File: 44d.png (297 KB, 400x522) Image search: [Google]
44d.png
297 KB, 400x522
>>80525078
>pre-lines Crown
>>
>>80521400
Denise Richards was my first fap as a kid.

Fuckin' 90's man
>>
File: 1349770144648.png (52 KB, 434x260) Image search: [Google]
1349770144648.png
52 KB, 434x260
>>80525078
>>
the middle east is an ugly planet! A BUG PLANET!
>>
>>80545133
MUH

DIK
>>
>>80540851
>edgy rebels for the sake of being edgy
>>
>>80521400
Ultimate Starship Troopers fan song:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ThrVQKl04Ak
>>
>>80544401
>That just means we have more data for 3.0, and a few bugs to iron out.
Universal suffrage and the propensity to tend towards universal suffrage being one of them.
Like antibiotics and bacteria workarounds will always be found. People should not be ruled by people.
>>
>>80521400
they had gender equality.

One species, one bathroom.
>>
>>80523889
fuck
>>
File: care to repeat that.png (756 KB, 600x1316) Image search: [Google]
care to repeat that.png
756 KB, 600x1316
>>80540851
>literal jews and good goyim
>>
>>80536312
Movie > book
Blow me
>>
>>80521916
planetside is the best game i ever played
>>
>>80522857
100 million serving in the military, just in time to conquer the bottom of the seas and actually helping NASA to put people on other planets.
>>
>>80521400
Heinlein was a nazi sympathizer, he was redpilled as fuck.
>>
>>80530197
The USAF has them. They have scientists.
>>
>>80545541
>Like antibiotics and bacteria workarounds will always be found. People should not be ruled by people.
That just means our medicine, our politics, have to get better in response.
And why not? The only thing that is worthy of ruling men, let alone capable of doing so, is other men.
>>
File: 1459997631030.png (159 KB, 400x400) Image search: [Google]
1459997631030.png
159 KB, 400x400
>>80521916
b-but the NC are c-cooler
>>
You guys should try Helldivers it's basically a Starship Troopers game
>>
>>80542387
that rez tech was researched by TR scientists firsy, retard. The vanu have literally zero reason to exist because there are still TR scientists who's job is to research the alien technology. The only reason the VS decided to splinter off was because they didn't want any restrictions on what they did with the alien tech. They literally wanted to run amock and do what they wanted with no precautions, crazy scientists amazed with the potential but not enough care or any assurances they aren't creating the next doomsday for mankind. You do know why those precautions are there for TR scientists, right? Those aliens disappeared from the planet without a trace, and is highly theorized that they brought upon their own destruction because, like the vanu, they couldn't stop themselves from exploiting whatever possiblities they could find and, ultimately, found themselves with no way to stop their own end. This is why the Vanu are a threat. They care about alien technology more than assuring that humanity will continue to exist. The only thing that the alien technology should be used for as of now is finding a way back to tge homeworld, everything else should be set aside until then. But that can't happen until the Republic is unified.

sorry for wall of text
>>
>>80533576
> Everything fails when given enough time.
Sounds like a liberal narrative.
"So what if I pushed it to the end by funding terror against the cultural domain of the society to snatch the purse from the dead body? It had to end somewhere anyway. >muh right side of history".

>>80535533
> if you don't serve, you don't vote
What makes me stay in this welfare fededation with my weapon engineering and social engineering, that does not allow me to vote, when I can referendum my national territories away from this shithole and having superior weaponry and superior economy - defend my right to vote?

Why even voting for yourself, when you can have media corporation and a kikebook news filter?

Especially when all the servants are so fucking retarded - they believe in this poorly forged narrative, that holds on to gypsy-tier psyop and an absolute enemy of human kind.

> With so many people 'serving' by working on infrastructure projects and research, quality of life is likely very very high.
Quantity does not converts to quality. "Quality over quantity" is marxism concept and it had been proven false many times theoretically and empirically. False in progressive sense. Very useful to make useful idiots destroy their society. Guaranteed outcome 100% times.
>>
File: tfwsuperior.png (324 KB, 800x585) Image search: [Google]
tfwsuperior.png
324 KB, 800x585
>>80549599
>imposing limits on yourself
And you call yourself human.

>tfw no more beta
>no more magboosting on top of high rock
>no more shooting down twelve platoons worth of TR shitters with your platoon
>you will never again hear the pound of Max flak and the hum of plasma cannons
>you will never see the burning wrecks of dozens of galaxies spiral to the ground as prowlers shell you from the ground
>tfw no more beta
>>
>>80548812
sure, whatever you need to say to help you sleep at night, rebel scum. Remeber though, you're always welcome back in the Republic. STRENGTH IN UNITY, LOYALTY UNTIL DEATH!
>nc is cooler than that, surrrre
>muh freedoms that aren't actually freedoms
>muh paycheck because i work for corporate
>muh lets start a war when we are stranded from the homeworld
Pretty degenerate desu senpai
>>
>>80533204
Okay, well that makes some sense, though I doubt I'd personally buy it while watching.
>>
>>80533593
>It ensures the only people with the ability to affect politics are the ones who would give their life for it.
Not everyone is physically able to serve on the front lines, and I'm not talking about people too lazy to get in shape, I'm talking about people who are physically disabled. If I remember though, you didn't actually need to serve on the front lines, you just needed to serve in some capacity.
>>
>>80521916

I would ultimately be in favor of a Terran Republic.

But it has to be what the PEOPLE want, not the desire of Globalist Elites.
>>
>>80550516
But the people are, for the most part, retarded.
The Globalist Elites are only bad because they have forgotten their noblesse oblige.
>>
>>80549965
>check out my sweet argument
>oh shit it's not an argument just theological insanity
>ayyylmao but at least my guns and explosions looks cooler than yours

nice try, cultist.
>>
File: 8327024[1].png (318 KB, 400x522) Image search: [Google]
8327024[1].png
318 KB, 400x522
>>80550891
>implying insanity isn't just the glory of post-human enlightenment when observed by the primitive
Why settle for being immortal, when you can be a God as well.
>>
>>80522857
Nope
In the modern day you can get free college education and healthcare through service yet you don't see many Bernouts at recruiting offices do you?
>nowhere near enough equipment, bases or staffing
>have a giant standing army with literally nothing to do
In the book they specify that in times of peace the majority of servicemen get assigned to other duties such as colonization, security, census taking,farming and police and rescue work
>>
>>80521400
Fuck this adaptation. The director flipped the morals of Heinlein's book completely. It's like he went out of his way to tarnish Heinlein's reputation and shit on his philosophy by making a satire out of work.
>>
File: Jwr9D3.png (166 KB, 246x246) Image search: [Google]
Jwr9D3.png
166 KB, 246x246
>>80538881
Because right now our God-Emperor is trying to give us a choice and let us lead ourselves. Shit has to really hit the fan for Him to fully expose himself. Then we can conquer the stars.
Thread replies: 218
Thread images: 40

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.