[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Can anyone on /pol/ prove that "Cultural Marxism" and
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /pol/ - Politically Incorrect

Thread replies: 155
Thread images: 26
File: Cultural Marxism rrgagra.png (140 KB, 508x477) Image search: [Google]
Cultural Marxism rrgagra.png
140 KB, 508x477
Can anyone on /pol/ prove that "Cultural Marxism" and the conspiracy theory surrounding the Frankfurt School are legit and not just memes?

Protip: you can't.
>>
>>80518795
There are people born today that genuinely believe white privilege is real

Sage goes in all fields
>>
>>80518795
Frankfurt School theories are real but those people never had any power
>>
>>80518961
"White privilege" originates from postmodernism, which has very little to do with the Frankfurt School's Critical theory.
>>
File: 1426680464733.jpg (70 KB, 441x411) Image search: [Google]
1426680464733.jpg
70 KB, 441x411
>>80518795

Anyone who says that Cultural Marxism even exists is acting without the facts. Marxism is a dialectical view of history, a history of competing classes. What that has to do with "destruction of western values" is completely beyond me.
>>
>>80519280
Funny enough, if /pol/ could actually read they'd see that they and Adorno have quite a bit in common, to say the least.
>>
The ideas are degenerate and are intellectually related to most forms of SJW we encounter today. Is the common Cultural Marxism explanation accurate enough to present as an academic paper on the subject? Who cares that it isn't? The Left loves to call things conspiracy theories that aren't actually conspiracy theories. You can't write an academic paper on Cultural Marxism, but you can easily identify Cultural Marxist views. It helps distinguish arguments in a social, not an academic, setting. The term is perfectly fine. It is only questionable if you want to use it in a very narrow academic way.

People that claim Cultural Marxism is a conspiracy theory are mostly cunts and cucks who studied cultural theory at community college and want to feel smart.
>>
File: 1406635150962.jpg (157 KB, 501x585) Image search: [Google]
1406635150962.jpg
157 KB, 501x585
>>80518795
YOU'RE A WHITE MALE
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ilCmywMin8I
>>
>>80519479
>The ideas are degenerate and are intellectually related to most forms of SJW we encounter today.

You have obviously never read anything by anyone affiliated with the Frankfurt School. The Franks' methodology was entirely different from that of postmodernism, which is the true philosophy behind SJWs.
>>
>>80518795
?

I don't get what are you trying to say.

There is no "conspiracy theory", their ideas were the origin of what we see today.
>>
>>80521046
>their ideas were the origin of what we see today.
Such as?
>>
Look around you Pierre, the results of the sexual revolution are all around you. Alfred C. Kinsey, the first sexologist, paved the way for the study of sexual behavior. His three books: The Kinsey Reports (1948), The Sexual Behavior of the Human Male (1948), and The Sexual Behavior of the Human female (1953) were financed and funded by the Rockefeller Foundation. The U.S goverment, at the time of the books release, lumped it together with the Communist Manifesto and Mao's Little Red Book. Although Kinsey himself was not a Jew, he was financed by Jews. In fact, it was Jewish pseudo intellectuals who spread his works and made his books mandatory readings across college campuses worldwide. Before his death, Kinsey was trying to get incest, abortion, and pedophilia legalized and viewed all of these practices as normal and healthy.

I highly recommend watching a red pilled documentary about the sexual revolution titled: Alfred Kinsey - The Sexual Revolution.
>>
>>80521118
What does Kinsey have to do with the Frankfurt School or Critical Theory?
>>
>>80521107
Basically, there is no objective reality, and you can be whatever you want (it actually started with Nietzsche). So, destroying that auto-imposed reality will lead us to a better world.

The conclusion is that gender roles are bad, family is bad, the masculine ideal is bad, and in general, western civilization is bad as a whole.

Turns out it was all bullshit, and falls by its own weight whenever is applied.
>>
>>80521499
>there is no objective reality
Again, this idea is found all throughout postmodernism, not the Franks. In fact, Adorno was trying to get back to an object-oriented ontology, something which PoMos reject.
>>
>>80518795
>implying that's not what is actually happening
http://www.frontpagemag.com/fpm/240037/marxist-feminisms-ruined-lives-mallory-millett

It was 1969. Kate invited me to join her for a gathering at the home of her friend, Lila Karp. They called the assemblage a "consciousness-raising-group," a typical communist exercise, something practiced in Maoist China. We gathered at a large table as the chairperson opened the meeting with a back-and-forth recitation, like a Litany, a type of prayer done in Catholic Church. But now it was Marxism, the Church of the Left, mimicking religious practice:

"Why are we here today?" she asked.
"To make revolution," they answered.
"What kind of revolution?" she replied.
"The Cultural Revolution," they chanted.
“And how do we make Cultural Revolution?" she demanded.
"By destroying the American family!" they answered.
"How do we destroy the family?" she came back.
"By destroying the American Patriarch," they cried exuberantly.
"And how do we destroy the American Patriarch?” she replied.
"By taking away his power!"
"How do we do that?"
"By destroying monogamy!" they shouted.
"How can we destroy monogamy?"

Their answer left me dumbstruck, breathless, disbelieving my ears. Was I on planet earth? Who were these people?

"By promoting promiscuity, eroticism, prostitution and homosexuality!" they resounded.

They proceeded with a long discussion on how to advance these goals by establishing The National Organization of Women. It was clear they desired nothing less than the utter deconstruction of Western society. The upshot was that the only way to do this was "to invade every American institution. Every one must be permeated with ‘The Revolution’": The media, the educational system, universities, high schools, K-12, school boards, etc.; then, the judiciary, the legislatures, the executive branches and even the library system.
>>
>>80521620
Do you understand spanish?
>>
>books that don't exist according to OP
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Authoritarian_Personality

this is basically "any functional white society=nazis: THE BOOK"
>>
>>80522343
Adorno had very little to do with that book, idiot. Most of it was penned by Levison, an American who had no affiliation with the FS.
>>
>>80522648
>claims with literally zero proof: THE POST
>>
>>80520986

This jew is a liar, call him a faggot.
>>
>>80522848
I am no expert, but I think he is full of shit.
>>
>>80523105
Oh please. Show me where the Franks claim absolute truth is entirely relative.
>>
>>80523283

Look faggot, I never mentioned any of that, I just called you a jew and a liar, one of which is demonstrably true, the other, probably.
>>
>>80518795
>conspiracy theory surrounding the Frankfurt School

Something documented isn't a theory retard. I suggest using Google
>>
File: NWO2 - Copy.jpg (1 MB, 4621x2914) Image search: [Google]
NWO2 - Copy.jpg
1 MB, 4621x2914
>>80518795
It's all coming true
>>
File: negativ-dialektik.jpg (15 KB, 227x346) Image search: [Google]
negativ-dialektik.jpg
15 KB, 227x346
>>80523435
Guess what? I've taken the time to read these people and yes, the accusations about their ideas being the backbone of PC are entirely untrue. You'll be hard put to find anything in Adorno, Benjamin, etc. which promotes privilege-checking.
>>
>>80523707

you are a retarded.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Max_Horkheimer
>>
>>80519251
>the Frankfurt School's Critical theory

the marxists that deny cultural marxism deny that the Frankfurt School even existed
>>
>>80523891
Yes, I'm sure you can find an out-of-context quote or two by Horkheimer and claim the Franks are behind PC, tumblr feminism, and postmodern academia.

>>80523893
Most Marxists don't take the Franks seriously at all, for the primary reason that THEY WERE NOT GOOD MARXISTS. The only member of the Frankfurt School who was actually radical, lived in the USSR, and, interestingly enough, is still taught in humanities courses was Walter Benjamin, who was not a dialectical materialist in the least bit as he was a religious Jew.
>>
>>80518961
it's post modern, i listened to some ebook about post modernism on youtube and they were talking about how "space-rockets were a phallic symbot to subdue space" or something like that. I was all like "wtf"
>>
>>80523707

>You'll be hard put to find anything in Adorno, Benjamin, etc. which promotes privilege-checking

Wow, it's almost like they put something in motion, and it's changed and adopted other features since its inception.
>>
>>80524407
ah, it was this one
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qQcNjHNXnEE
>>
>>80524407
If /pol/ had any brains they'd go after PoMo. Biggest cancer in the humanities.
>>
>>80524715

Shitty robot voice, closed it in the first second.
>>
>>80524595
https://archive.is/NelT9
>>
>>80525449
it's an actual human, he only sounds like a robot in the first seconds
>>
>>80518795
Hey guys, can you prove that the group of jews who started communism and made Eastern Europe super shitty for decades to come while they made out like bandits aren't trying to destroy western society.
Guys i really need you to prove to me that the guy who thought women should be communal wasn't trying to disrupt western values and culture.
>>
>>80526101
>jews who started communism
Wut?
>>
what if i were to tell you the Muslim Brotherhood was using cultural marxism to push sharia law

they learned that the left has been doing so well with racism, sexism and homophobia, that if they threw islamophobia right after it, the left would fight to push half of their doctrine without being any wiser about it. Its just like what happened in Lebanon, they're using our open-mindedness and trusting nature to bring the end to western thinking

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FiKh5PxStzw

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vKzkuQyexZc
>>
>>80518795

Of course OP, you're right in a way. There's NO documentation or publication from anyone out of the Frankfurt School that explicitly calls for the subversion and degradation of western culture.

But...
>>
>>80527110
>There's NO documentation or publication from anyone out of the Frankfurt School that explicitly calls for the subversion and degradation of western culture.
They were not calling for the "death of western culture". In actuality, they were critiquing the death of western culture to the forces of capitalism and modernity. Let's not forget Adorno was a big fan of Spengler's and wanted to create a left-wing version of Spengler's observations.
>>
File: 1457391151267.webm (2 MB, 634x344) Image search: [Google]
1457391151267.webm
2 MB, 634x344
If you type in Muhammad you get results like:
an absence of god
the killing name
propaganda
catholic liar
fear monger
breeding chaos
arab religion
godless bible
arab made of lies
mad humam
horseman
bad obama ends peace
dead osama fake sea

muhammad confiremed pedo antichrist and warmonger
>>
>>80519444
holy shit this
his biggest criticism is of the "culture industry", or as you would call it the (((culture industry))) which fabricates needs and erodes authentic human dignity
Then again...
>/pol/
>reading
>>
>>80527335
serious lel at that webm!
>>
>>80527259

Let's not also forget how and why they formed. A bunch of Marxists got together in the 20s to discuss why Marx's predicted revolutions hadn't happened as expected in Europe. One of their conclusions was that western culture reinforced the capitalist system.

Of course they had the self-awareness to realise soon that one of the big factors was the oppressive nature of the USSR.
>>
>>80527833
>One of their conclusions was that western culture reinforced the capitalist system.
Correct, but this is hardly enough to prove a conspiracy about the Franks deliberately scheming to destroy western culture.
>>
File: 1447094870921.png (300 KB, 309x474) Image search: [Google]
1447094870921.png
300 KB, 309x474
>>80518795
Read this:
http://plato.stanford.edu/entries/critical-theory/

And then read pic related
>>
File: 1465759755290.jpg (758 KB, 1608x1600) Image search: [Google]
1465759755290.jpg
758 KB, 1608x1600
DEM
FUCKING
JEWS
>>
File: 1447878773954.jpg (516 KB, 1600x2812) Image search: [Google]
1447878773954.jpg
516 KB, 1600x2812
>>80528014
Also don't forget
>>
>>80527951
I've studied Critical Theory. It's not a plot to uproot modern, capitalist western values but to simply critique them.

>>80528014
>>80528074
Funny because there are books written about the way Judaism influenced the Franks. You could have at least linked one of those.
>>
>>80527833

So we now have a premise (it is Europe's fault that the revolution never came). The first generation of Frankfurt school were largely orthodox Marxists, though they did start touching on ideas of cultural hegemony*.

The second generation of Frankfurt School largely left Europe as the nazis were coming and they set up shop in New York at here

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_New_School
>>
>>80518795
They clearly want to dismantle Western Civilisation. Not because they're mwuhahahahah evil but because they (wrongly) believe it's for the best.
>>
>>80528266
Lying fucking faggot.
>>
File: 1467481660400.jpg (169 KB, 1252x1252) Image search: [Google]
1467481660400.jpg
169 KB, 1252x1252
>>80528266
>not a plot to uproot modern, capitalist western values but to simply critique them

It's the same thing, you dingus.

Critical theory means criticizing and establishing new "norms." So, you attack what you don't want and put in whatever sky castle Ivory tower untested theoretical bullshit that you do.

You pump that into the soft heads of your students who then apply it practically with Rules for Radicals to destroy the proven foundations of culture and replace it with fantasy-land bullshit that results in mass poverty and starvation.

Do you get the picture, now?
>>
>>80528368
>The second generation of Frankfurt School largely left Europe as the nazis were coming and they set up shop in New York at here

Yes, and they weren't good Marxists either.

>>80528591
Explain how I'm lying.
>>
>>80518795
>>80519251
>>80519444
>>80520986

Stop shilling this shit you fucking faggot. I have seen you being BTFO by some Kraut. Literally seen this thread 5 times. Here is where your shitty jew books belong faggot.
>>
>>80527937

Well we don't have proof of intent. This much I admitted. It is true however that Critical Theory (a bastardised and selective version of which SJW apply to western culture) came out of a few of the Frankfurt School/New School's most prominent minds. Now this is the real crux of the matter. At the time did they know how this theory of analysis would be used?
>>
>>80528720
Critical Theory doesn't advocate a political program. That's one primary reason why actual Marxists who are dedicated to the cause of communism hate it (or at least, have a love/hate relationship with it).

Again, the only member of the Frankfurt School who had any love for Lenin or the USSR (at least, in the beginning) was practically a Jewish theologian (Benjamin).

>Rules for Radicals
lel, this is a shitty meme made up by American talk show hosts like Glen Beck. Alinksy was not a Marxist, more like a left-wing liberal or social democrat.
>>
File: cause.jpg (1 MB, 1849x2434) Image search: [Google]
cause.jpg
1 MB, 1849x2434
>>80518795
>Can anyone on /pol/ prove that "Cultural Marxism" and the conspiracy theory surrounding the Frankfurt School are legit and not just memes?

This.

Bullshit like Frankfurt school is a decoy to distract from the real enemy: Women.
>>
File: jews.jpg (2 MB, 1662x4350) Image search: [Google]
jews.jpg
2 MB, 1662x4350
>>80528074

Debunked infograph.
>>
>>80528876

>Yes, and they weren't good Marxists either.

Not the point. Terms like western marxism, structural and neo marxism are generally accepted (and not wildly different from cultural marxism in practice). http://www.philosophybasics.com/branch_marxism.html#Types
So whether or not they're you're comrade isn't the issue.

Some Frankfurt Schoolers took it that bit further in their criticism, Gramsci wrote against marriage among other staples of western culture. Gramsci also endorser the 'March through the institutions' proposed by Rudi Dutschke

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_long_march_through_the_institutions

which essentially proposed as method of revolution infiltrating (for lack of a better word) academia.

So when taken togehter, there is a case to be made for a school of thought that essentially seeks to subvert western culture to make it more compatible with Marxist ideas. I say again, we don't know specifically how many were involved in this aspect and to what degree. But some people certainly seem to have had the idea of applying critical theory specifically to western culture.

tl;dr

Marxists formk frankfurt school
Frankfurt school identifies problems with western culture (from a marxist perspective)
Frankfurt school develops critical theory
modern day (and not so modern) 'leftists' apply this critical theory to western culture almost exclusively
SOME frankfurt affiliates endorse subversion of the educational system
>>
>>80519048
Is that why gender dysphoria is being normalized then?
>>
>>80530259
What does trans politics have to do with the theories of the Franks?
>>
>>80530177
Gramsci was not a member of the FS, and his prison writings weren't even published until after WWII.

Again, no one in this thread has been able to point to a single idea from the Franks which inspired modern identity politics.
>>
File: 1468180792121.png (141 KB, 508x477) Image search: [Google]
1468180792121.png
141 KB, 508x477
>>80518795
>>
>>80530177

Now thinking about how this transpires today, critical theorists and post structuralists make no bones about the fact they want to change the structure of society but they seek largely to change it by culture and law as opposed to economic revolution (seeking to affect change in the base by reshaping the superstructure). How many tumbler dykes actually understand what they are doing is up for debate, as are the marxist credentials of the. But assuming Rudi's plan has worked, then it could well be that some lecturers are teaching their students a biased interpretation of critical theory and the related post-modern shit that I like to call anti-rationalism with one goal in mind that is never laid out explicitly for the students.
>>
>>80530931
It didn't work. Academia today is not Marxist but Postmodernist, which rejects historical materialism in favor of feels.
>>
>>80530600

you've dismissed or ignored most of what I've said. You're also focusing far to closely on the frankfurt school membership. That is but one part of the development of cultural marxism. Think about if from the other side for a second. Are there westerners who self identify as leftists who are actively working to dismantle western tradition?

[spoiler]Pls honest, I've tried to honest you.[/spoiler]
>>
>>80531405
Don't bother this faggot makes these kinds of threads and when someone shows up who actually read his jewish crap and BTFO him he just disappears to make the same thread again.
>>
>>80531313

There are a surprising number of people sympathetic to Marxism in economics and the humanities, especially sociology is rife with them. Hell, one of the prevailing schools of sociological thinking is explicitly Marxist(Social-Conflict approach). And it's no coincidence that it is from the humanities and sociological subjects that the VAST number of 'cultural marxists' spawn
>>
Cultural marxisim does not have to all come from the frankfurt school. The frankfurt school is more like a contributing factor along with other ideas.

Turning the haves and the have not into the oppressed and the oppressor, instead of accumulation of capital its the accumulation of privilege. This is then used to create hate and division to accomplish their ends. Telling blacks and women from day one through mediums such as the media, books, school etc. that the white man is their enemy and the source of all of their problems and they must rise up and take that power.
>>
>>80530259
>>80530439

Americans importing philosophy is always bad. Why do you think most anglo-scum SJWs are sociology majors and not philosophyfags. It's easy to misinterpretate Adorno and the gang when you have never begun from Plato all the greeks.
>>
What happened is that the impermissible Communist class war rhetoric was substituted for the capitalism-friendly sex war, religion war, race war, and ultimately free-for-all kyriarchy privilege war rhetoric.

So everyone made friends and the megacorps will bleed us dry as we destroy our only forms of resistance.
>>
>>80531798

I'm not saying that everything we see as shitty today spawns explicitly from the Frankfurt School. But a lot of the methods of the SJW in some way follow on from their teachings. And IMO cultural marxism (also an academic term with similar meaning) is an apt way to describe what a lot of the do-gooder left-tards are doing. You're average SJW probably doesn't know much about Marx but the people who came up with their methods of analysis did, and those who encouraged this anti-western thinking at university probably do.
>>
>>80532282

Forgot to mention in muh rambelings that another reason the Marxist aspect may be downplayed is that not so long ago socialism was discredited in the eyes of many.
>>
>>80532282
>But a lot of the methods of the SJW in some way follow on from their teachings.
In what ways?
>>
>>80518795
Some commie from lit wants to talk to /pol/ about Marxist theory again because his board moves to slow. Every response is going to be you haven't read X. Give one reason anyone should indulge you
>>
>>80532556

In that the favourite tactic of the SJW is one sided critical theory. Now I'm not saying they wouldn't have come up with it themselves (it's not exactly ground breaking analysis). The bit that gets me is that so many people doing SJWism seem to be students of the same subjects. It is almost like some of them are being encouraged to look critically at the west while ignoring other cultures. And a LOT of the stuff coming out of humanities departments these days acts as ammunition for the SJW, giving them papers to back up their wild and often misguided assertions of systemic racism and privilege.
>>
>>80518795
They can't

We have to accept that the right wing is prone to conspiracy theories and lunacy.
>>
>>80535428

PROVE that capitalism is at fault for the present day state of Africa and the ME...
>>
>>80518795
>conspiracy theory

Nice try.
>>
>>80535849
Iraq
>>
>>80518795
Guy who teaches the Frankfurt school, critical theory, and literary theory here (was an at Ivy League school; am at another one now). Three basic points:
1. Most of you here show a complete misunderstanding of what you think you're talking about. The obvious reason is most of you have read very little of this stuff. If you care that much about it, spend the time you use for posting in threads on reading a pile of books instead. Then you might know something.
2. What gets called "cultural marxism" here is a terrible misunderstanding and misnomer. It's a label that refers to an already existing formation based on Western Marxists (who were critiquing Stalinism and state totalitarianism after the disasters of Berlin in 1953, Budapest in 1956, and Prague in 1968) and were combining it with a new theorization of "culture" developed by people like Richard Hoggart and Raymond Williams.
3. If you want to go after something that seems like tumblr politics, narcissistic feminism, and constant calls for diversity, then your real targets should be pomo in it's more politically correct and less critical (in the Kantian sense) version. There's already an existing body of this critique that emerged in the late 1980s, but it never seems to get referenced in these discussions. It's as though most of you are goldfish with no historical memory, as though no ideas existed before wikipedia and encyclopedia dramatica.

Sheesh!!! Just fucking lift your games (collectively), do some work, and stop being ignorant embarrassments.

>>80523707
This dude is actually talking sense.
>>
>>80537226
Are the Frankfurters worth reading? Recommended works? The one op posted?
>>
>>80536458

That was as much about geopolitics. It is NOW as much about spooky ideology. While I agree to an extent, you didn't prove anything there.
>>
>>80537226
>Guy who teaches the Frankfurt school, critical theory, and literary theory here (was an at Ivy League school; am at another one now). Three basic points:

Can I ask your political and economic tendencies?
>>
>>80537712
Start with Benjamin and then work into Adorno. Begin with some of Benjamin's essays on specific texts and then move to his more conceptual material. The most important one is the Trauerspiel book (trans as The Origins of German Tragic Drama), but this is very difficult. Start perhaps with the essay on epic theater and the one on Kafka in Illuminations. Then maybe move to "The Work of Art in the Age of Mechanical Reproduction" (as it's called in the old translation; there's a new and better Harvard UP translation, but it's more expensive) and then maybe "The Critique of Violence." It takes a while to get through this stuff, but is worth the effort. And that way, you want sound completely blind-ignorant when you discuss this stuff on imageboards. You'll also learn that Benjamin has zero interest in identity politics.
>>
>>80537984
Geopolitics revolve around what? Let's go invade a country for the laughs? No financial interest behind it?
>>
>>80538226
I'm radical left anticapitalist materialist with profound commitments to nature and aesthetics. There's no party that suits me now. I'm not excited especially by identity politics, though they serve a temporary purpose in correcting against some obvious prejudices in society.
>>
>>80538250
*won't sound...
>>
>>80538250
Thanks.
>>
>>80538431

>radical left anticapitalist materialist

So a Marxist who enjoys a bit of IDpol? Teaching kids about... what course do you teach?

>>80538391

Dominance. Financial is one aspect of this.
>>
>>80538250
I knew that sjw stuff originate from post modernism and had no class analysis behind them. That's why they sound so absurd and baseless. It's like talking to liberal bourgeois that apply some magical oppressive qualities to gender, race etc.
>>
>>80539031
Roughly. I mostly teach literary theory and older literature, often together. If I say much more, then I'll give myself away, which I'd prefer not to do. Posting here doesn't enhance anyone's reputation...

Also, to know what the Frankfurt school is about, I recommend Martin Jay's general intellectual history The Dialectical Imagination: A History of the Frankfurt School and the Institute of Social Research, 1923-1950. And to learn what cultural marxism is, as distinct from the Frankfurt school, and as distinct from contemporary popular movements for diversity and identity recognition, try Dennis Dworkin's general history Cultural Marxism in Postwar Britain: History, the New Left, and the Origins of Cultural Studies.
>>
>>80539031
Dominance and influence for what purpose? Dominance is just a word. Financial dominance is correct.
>>
>>80538250

Sorry to hop in again with all my ignorance. But critical theory strives for change by definition no? Now if your students are only holding the west up to this standard then where are they going to be eliciting this change? And of the student activists we associate SJWism with, how many of them focus on economics?
>>
>>80537226
Thank you based professor.
>>
>>80538250
Benjamin was great. Too bad /pol/ will never pick him up because muh eevul kabbalist talmudic culturrul murrxist jooz.
>>
>>80539441
In your opinion what would lead to a communist (if you espouse that term) society? Technological and humanistic advancement or revolution or a combination of the two?
>>
>>80539441

>And to learn what cultural marxism is, as distinct from the Frankfurt school, and as distinct from contemporary popular movements for diversity and identity recognition, try Dennis Dworkin's general history Cultural Marxism in Postwar Britain: History, the New Left, and the Origins of Cultural Studies.

I realise that cultural marxism has a specific academic applicaiton. In the context it is used here and elsewhere since the 90s though it refers more to a phenomenon of holding the west to some unknown standard then criticising it for not meeting said standard, while ignoring the [spoiler]trigger warning[/spoiler] objectively shittier situation in other cultures and societies the world over. The bit that really gets me about the 'cultural marxists' is their harsh criticism of the west while fawning over islam. Do you tell your students there are any redeeming features to western liberal democracy?
>>
>>80539780

FALC or bust.
>>
>>80518795
>Protip: you can't.

Si tu en es tellement convaincu, pourquoi tu fais ce fil alors? Ah oui, parce que tu es un misérable troll.

Sage and abort this fucking thread. Ignore French flags. We are the new Canada now.
>>
>>80539505
Sorry, but in all politeness what you're saying doesn't make much sense.

>critical theory strives for change by definition
No.
Critical thinking is interested in determining the conditions of possibility that make a given concept viable. This might mean a concept like "enlightenment" or "freedom."

>only holding the west up to this standard
Again, no.
Students in North America are oriented often toward Western traditions, but not exclusively and not by definition.

>student activists we associate SJWism
This honestly has very little to do with my classes. These are people like Trigglypuff, who I believe is on leave for mental-health reasons. The kinds of activism that extend out of critical theory can be found in the works of people like Antonio Negri, Ernesto Laclau, and Alain Badiou. It's not PC and has nothing to do with tumblr or so-called SJWs (though the label itself is a massive distraction from what's actually going in in contemporary politics).

>how many of them focus on economics
A basic critique of contemporary identity politics is that it produces affirmative action based on gender, race, sexuality, and (dis)ability, but not at all on economic or class grounds. This is an old story and is the most effective critique of second-wave feminism.
>>
>>80540101
FALC?
>>
>>80539780
Genuine, radical egalitarianism of the variety espoused by Jacques Ranciere in which the most abject of humans is counted fully within the field of the political and in which the absolute potential of every human to know and learn is respected fully. Read something like his book Disagreement or The Philosopher and His Poor or The Ignorant Schoolmaster. He's fucking brilliant.

Got to go now.
>>
>>80518795

Look at society.
>>
>>80540223

I was under the impression that seeking change in society was inherent to critical theory and one of the things that set it apart from strictly analytical social studies?

>Students in North America are oriented often toward Western traditions, but not exclusively and not by definition.

Fair enough, I'm just judging it by its fruits.
>>
>>80518795
>Can anyone on /pol/ prove that "Cultural Marxism" and the conspiracy theory surrounding the Frankfurt School are legit and not just memes?
Cultural Marxism
http://en.metapedia.org/wiki/Cultural_Marxism

Cultural Marxism: The Corruption of America
https://youtube.com/watch?v=gIdBuK7_g3M

Erich Fromm, Judaism and the Frankfurt School
http://pages.gseis.ucla.edu/faculty/kellner/Illumina%20Folder/kell24.htm

Frankfurt School
http://en.metapedia.org/wiki/Frankfurt_School

The Frankfurt School: Conspiracy to Corrupt
http://incogman.net/2009/05/the-frankfurt-school-conspiracy-to-corrupt/

Frankfurt School of Social Research
http://jettandjahn.com/2010/10/frankfurt-school-of-social-research/

The Frankfurt School & Cultural Marxism
https://youtube.com/watch?v=ghx3d1GiAc0
https://youtube.com/watch?v=fkcy7256tBM
https://youtube.com/watch?v=fG6TcYfpQOg

The Frankfurt School of Social Research and the Pathologization of Gentile Group Allegiances
http://www.kevinmacdonald.net/chap5.pdf

Frankfurt School - Satanic Judaism in Action
http://www.henrymakow.com/frankfurt-school-satanic-judaism-in-action.html

Freud, the Frankfurt School and the Kabbalah
http://www.terrorism-illuminati.com/blog/holiness-sin-freud-frankfurt-school-and-kabbalah

The History of Political Correctness
https://youtube.com/watch?v=acjIw7cVc2k

How a Handfull of Marxist Jews Turned Western and U.S. Culture Upside Down
http://davidduke.com/how-a-handfull-of-marxist-jews-turned-western-and-us-culture-upside-down/

The Jewish Frankfurt School and the End of Western Civilization
http://www.dailystormer.com/the-jewish-frankfurt-school-and-the-end-of-western-civilization/

The New Dark Age: The Frankfurt School and "Political Correctness"
http://www.schillerinstitute.org/fid_91-96/921_frankfurt.html

Who Stole Our Culture?
http://www.wnd.com/2007/05/41737/
>>
>>80518795
this faggot again
>>
>>80518795
"Cultural Marxism" refers to the phenomena that occurs in societies that have left leaning tendencies. It is not literally from the Frankfurt School, it's just the term to describe the phenomena.

It's a form of social control that works similar to Sharia Law or Catholic Sin.
>>
>>80540379

FULLY AUTOMATED LUXURY COMMUNISM. Basically star trek.
>>
>>80540937
Here we have unashamed and bare-faced ignorance laid out (ctrl-v) in its full, spectacular glory with bells and flags. Thank you for the timely and pertinent demonstration, dear lover of links.
>>
File: 1468030853408.jpg (395 KB, 774x720) Image search: [Google]
1468030853408.jpg
395 KB, 774x720
>>80524191

>people honestly believe there is a "good" Marxism
>>
>>80540937
>satanic Judaism

Jews don't believe in a red guy with horns.
>>
>>80541258
>Here we have unashamed and bare-faced ignorance laid out (ctrl-v) in its full, spectacular glory with bells and flags. Thank you for the timely and pertinent demonstration, dear lover of links.
The anti-White faggot OP asked for proof.

I posted proof.

Now you're complaining like the little bitch that you are because I proved the OP wrong?

Cry more, faggot.

...You're like one of those "Holocaust" believing kikes that dismisses out of hand all the evidence that proves the "Holocaust" literally didn't happen while not offering a shred of evidence that "proves the Holocaust happened".

>>80541596
>Jews don't believe in a red guy with horns.
Judaism (or more accurately Talmudic Judaism) is Satanic. The "god" the Jews worship, in reality is Satan.
>>
>>80541258
There is no way /pol/ will bother to read the Franks, much less understand what Benjamin, Adorno, Marcuse, etc. were actually about, or take their theories about culture and modernity seriously.

I've always thought /pol/aks and other right-wingers could benefit from reading texts like Benjamin's Theses on History (which is a fucking THEOLOGICAL critique of progress) or Dialectic of Enlightenment. The one thing we all agree on is the failure of progress, capitalism, and liberal democracy to liberate humanity.

>>80541867
>Judaism (or more accurately Talmudic Judaism) is Satanic. The "god" the Jews worship, in reality is Satan.
You're conflating the Sitra Achra in kabbalah with the Christian Satan. "Sitra Achra" just means "the other side", i.e. God's evil side.
>>
>>80518795
Look into Critical Theory, CRT, CMS, CLS, Postcolonial Feminism, Black Liberation Theology, and other variants of neo-Marxism, and you will see its tentacles in every aspect of the subversion of the West and Christianity.

http://www.conservativedailynews.com/2012/03/americas-race-to-the-bottom-barack-obama-and-critical-theory/
>>
>>80518961
There are people born today that think the earth is flat and that one of the most extensive war crimes and subsequent trial was faked because of what they heard on the Internet.
>>
>>80523893
Because no one has ever heard of the frankfurt school but conspiracy theorists
>>
>>80542145
>You're conflating the Sitra Achra in kabbalah with the Christian Satan. "Sitra Achra" just means "the other side", i.e. God's evil side.
No, I'm saying that the Jews are worshiping the devil.
Oh yeah they claim they're worshiping God. But their beliefs (and the way they act) prove that they're actually worshiping the devil.
>>
>>80520986
Post modernism is critical of any micro narrative, while critical theory is after uprooting Anglo Saxon traditionalism only, so they are related.

Critical theory just hated Jesus more, that's the only difference
>>
>>80518795

It's not a conspiracy it's just that their ideas influenced a lot of leftists at the high levels and pol hates leftists. Anyone who believes otherwise is a retarded 15 year old who took the bait.
>>
File: 011.jpg (179 KB, 480x902) Image search: [Google]
011.jpg
179 KB, 480x902
>>80542332
>and that one of the most extensive war crimes and subsequent trial was faked
You wanna talk about the nuremberg trials?

Nuremberg Show Trials
http://en.metapedia.org/wiki/Nuremberg_show_trials

The Nuremberg Trials and the Holocaust
http://patriot.dk/nurnberg1.html
http://patriot.dk/nurnberg2.html

Nuremberg Trial Proceedings Volume 1
Article 19
http://avalon.law.yale.edu/imt/imtconst.asp#art19
>The Tribunal shall not be bound by technical rules of evidence. It shall adopt and apply to the greatest possible extent expeditious and nontechnical procedure, and shall admit any evidence which it deems to be of probative value.

Nuremberg Trial Proceedings Volume 1
Article 21
http://avalon.law.yale.edu/imt/imtconst.asp#art21
>The Tribunal shall not require proof of facts of common knowledge but shall take judicial notice thereof. It shall also take judicial notice of official governmental documents and reports of the United Nations, including the acts and documents of the committees set up in the various allied countries for the investigation of war crimes, and of records and findings of military or other Tribunals of any of the United Nations.

Not Guilty at Nuremberg - Carlos W. Porter
http://vho.org/aaargh/fran/livres3/CPeng.pdf

Nuremberg: The Last Battle - David Irving
http://vho.org/aaargh/fran/livres4/DInur.pdf

The Real Eichmann Trial or The Incorrigible Victors - Paul Rassinier
http://vho.org/aaargh/fran/livres2/PRreal.pdf

Made in Russia: The Holocaust
http://cwporter.com/partone.htm
>>
>>80542515
If this is the impression of Judaism you know, it's grossly wrong.
>>
>>80542804
>If this is the impression of Judaism you know, it's grossly wrong.
The Jews are a satanic, evil people and Talmudic Judaism is an evil faith.

Neither belong in White countries.

If you think otherwise, you're grossly wrong.
>>
>>80542145
What the Franks are unwilling to accept is that their IS no liberating humanity, we can't eradicate poverty by giving all our money to the govt. and we damn sure can't theorize our way into greater prosperity.

Sorry you wasted your time getting your doctorate in cultural communication, but the best we can do is improve our standard of living through capitalism, and the Franks wont apply their own standards to themselves
>>
>>80518795
The redpill was strong the entire last week. So I guess the equally strong shill pill is following now.
>>
>>80542145
See he wont answer me, because we've been through this in another thread
>>
File: image.jpg (199 KB, 800x1206) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
199 KB, 800x1206
>>80518795
Pro-tip the thread that connects them all is their shared goal of shattering of all traditional social bonds to bring the world to its knees in order to build it up in the image of "equality", "justice", and "progress". What many don't know is it is happening before our very eyes and none other than the the fallen one, the dragon known as Satan is turned loose upon the world and is the author of these terrible woes.

This must all come to pass. These rebel Angels, these fallen will lose in the Battle of Armageddon. God will, of course, be triumphant in this final war of Good and evil. Awaken.
>>
>>80544011
>>80543307
>>80542687
>>
>>80542145
the only book that will truly benefit anyone is the Holy Bible.
>>
>>80543307
What is there to answer?
>>
>>80544368
>implying certain Frankfurt Schoolers weren't influenced by Judaism
>>
>>80544368
Which is basically the history of the Jews and the leader of a Jewish sect called Jesus Christ.
>>
>>80544492
You aren't very intelligent, are you. Who implied any such thing? By your pretzel "logic", Holden Caulfield might very well be Moses in the desert and Amy Schumer is none other than Ruth or Mary freaking Magdalene.
>>
>>80544424
the franks created an impossible standard, because they didn't like jesus
>>
File: Incorrect - Correct.png (17 KB, 848x553) Image search: [Google]
Incorrect - Correct.png
17 KB, 848x553
>>80545582
>and the leader of a Jewish sect called Jesus Christ.
>>
>>80546238
In Islam Jesus is actually revered not hated.
>>
>>80546238
That was Christianity in the beginning. A minor Jewish sect. But it's message was global unlike in Judaism.
>>
>>80528266
Haven't you noticed that critical theory is ONLY critical of western ideology?
>>
File: cultural_marxism_jameson.jpg (37 KB, 330x499) Image search: [Google]
cultural_marxism_jameson.jpg
37 KB, 330x499
>>80518795
We have a thread like this once a month, either a frog flag or a leaf.

saged
>>
File: cultural_marxism_dworkin.jpg (38 KB, 324x499) Image search: [Google]
cultural_marxism_dworkin.jpg
38 KB, 324x499
>>80518795
saged again
>>
File: cultural_marxism_weiner.jpg (19 KB, 333x499) Image search: [Google]
cultural_marxism_weiner.jpg
19 KB, 333x499
>>
File: CULTURAL_MARXISM.jpg (358 KB, 708x1099) Image search: [Google]
CULTURAL_MARXISM.jpg
358 KB, 708x1099
>>
File: semitic_attack_pattern.jpg (3 MB, 5000x3200) Image search: [Google]
semitic_attack_pattern.jpg
3 MB, 5000x3200
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aR4MvD9IEAE
>>
That's right /pol/ you were BTFO by the French and the professor and now you post book covers. One of them is actually in favor of the Frankfurters. Next time neckbeards.
>>
On the internet today; The Frankfurt School are one of the most misunderstood groups. MORE misunderstood than 4chan.

Even in their most controversial writings they were talking about fighting fascism, and protecting freedom and democracy from fascism.

They have WAY MORE in common with anon and 4chan than anyone appreciates. For starters; people kept lumping them into one single group/viewpoint. Much like 4chan... and people believed they had a leader... much like 4chan... and they were actually kind of traditionalist assholes... much like 4chan... and they had a keen interest in saying when they thought something was bullshit (which they did to Soviet Communism AS WELL AS Western Capitalism)... The Frankfurt School were the 4chan of yesteryear and actually have a lot to say about how to fight femiNAZIS.

Learn what your parents and grandparents faught for. They fought for people like The Franks to be free, and have freedom of thought, speech and academic freedom. To tell The Frankfurt School they can't or shouldn't share their views is to go against WESTERN TRADITIONS.
>>
File: 1466507791716.gif (499 KB, 400x400) Image search: [Google]
1466507791716.gif
499 KB, 400x400
>>80549791
>One of them is actually in favor of the Frankfurters
thus proving "cultural marxism was real, and not some conspiracy theory". Oopsie, guess that means we win. Turkish rape baby btfo, how can helots recover?
>>
>>80550629
See the posts of the professor muricuck. You might actually learn something.
>>
>hey guys maybe if you actually read this you would understand that..
>JEW! SHILL! LEFTIST! REPTILIAN! ES JAY DUB! THE HOLOHOAX IS A LIE! INTO THE OVEN KIKE!
You see why it's best to leave these retards alone?
>>
>>80531834
>There are a surprising number of people sympathetic to Marxism in economics

lol

Marxists in Economics departments are, and rightfully so, mocked and considered heterodoxtards by most academics. Marxism is only taken serious in the humanities, sociology, and philosophy, but you'll be hard-pressed to find renowned Marxists in a credible Economics department.
>>
>>80529085
Bolsheviks and Mensheviks and their differences, shill.
>>
>>80538431
((serve))) (((a temporary purpose)))
>>
File: Blake's Whore.jpg (118 KB, 760x905) Image search: [Google]
Blake's Whore.jpg
118 KB, 760x905
>>80518795
>>80529085
>>80537226

You are the servant who cleans the master's tools. You admire their shape, the glint and the heft. Perhaps you are even allowed to whet the edge and apply a point, but you exist in a windowless compartment. You did not conceive nor did you build these tools, and the beast that wields them to perform a task you do not comprehend would crush you with glance. It would serve the servant well to think not to lecture the adept.
Thread replies: 155
Thread images: 26

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.