[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
The media uses hyper perfect women, so women will go out and
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /pol/ - Politically Incorrect

Thread replies: 34
Thread images: 6
File: 32756155.jpg (208 KB, 1600x1000) Image search: [Google]
32756155.jpg
208 KB, 1600x1000
The media uses hyper perfect women, so women will go out and purchase products that will help them model themselves after what they see in the media. It's a brilliant financial scheme really

But why don't we see that with dudes in the media?

I mean fuck even in The Wolf of Wall street, Leo's woman counterpart is in way better shape than he is. Hell, I'm in better shape than Leo is, who has a borderline skinnyfat body.

my question is - why aren't men held to the same standards in media as women?
>>
>>80512747

Women are the ones spending money like it's going out of style. Ergo, smart advertisers pander to women.
>>
>>80512747
The wolf of wallstreet was also filthy fucking rich.
Men aren't judged by out pocketbook so much as we are judged by our success in other realms.
>>
>>80512747
It doesn't work the same way on men, they give less of a fuck naturally
>>
>>80513228
Still, I mean take a look at this:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Superbad_(film)

a film centered around a fat chick and a skinnyfat chick and a painfully bland looking chick would have been nowhere near as impactful as that film, even if they were just as funny
>>
women care far less about looks than men

there's a reason lesbian couples are all fat
>>
>>80512747
Women are more likely to be manipulable in vanity.
Since women are natural vain even dating back to their primal instincts.

That makes them the safest bet and easiest target. And now you can even market "alternative beauty" and sell them blue hair dye.

Meanwhile guys are more likely to just continue buying their normal clothing, and not catch onto any fads. Yes nu-males exist, but they are far from a majority. Where as every single woman on Earth can be sold a product to increase her vanity.

The one market aimed at men is work out supplements.
>>
File: Superbad_Poster.png (204 KB, 292x434) Image search: [Google]
Superbad_Poster.png
204 KB, 292x434
>>80513405
>>80513531

Don't you guys find it interesting though,

that we KNOW that a movie based on a fat and a plain looking girl would never have been as successful as Superbad, even if it were just as funny?

I mean c'mon, there's clearly a double standard here. It's because we don't like how they look, because they don't look like the hyper perfect women we normally see in the media bros. C'mon now
>>
>>80513834
Men are funny
Women are not funny

The "double standard" exists for this very reason.
You assume all variables are the same but if you were honest you would know that's not true.

Anyway, there is a movie where the men are better looking than the women. And the trashy women are supposed to provide the "comedy." Though I forget the title it has the guy from workaholics in it.
So as usual you're just a bloated gas bladder perceiving "injustice" that doesn't actually exist.
>>
>>80512747
Women account for 80% of all consumer spending in the United States.

So advertisers are of course going to focus most of their effort on them because that is where the money is and who it is that spends the money.

In the US stupid men hand over their paychecks to women and women spend that money on frivolous shit you see all those commercials for.

One reason why mgtow is causing tptb to shit themselves, because it breaks this entire business model. Once men are not handing their paychecks over to women anymore all of a sudden the entire current consumer business model breaks.
>>
>>80512747
Men practically run everything and dont want to make movies full of pretty boys. Only raw power between men matters.
>>
Leo has always been skinnyfat, having a ripped body doesn't even give you 1 point with women. All they care about is having a handsome face.
>>
>>80512747
> why aren't men held to the same standards in media as women?

They are you tit. Men just don't waste money on stupid superficial shit as much as women do. Women are HUGE consumers. They account for something like 70% of money spent in the average western economy.

Walk down a highstreet and really pay attention to all the shop windows. All of it is there for women. The men's section is usually right at the back of the store on the 5th floor behind the underwear second. Because women are spenders.
>>
>>80514257
>>80514625
sure

that still doesn't explain why in movies and tv shows, men don't need to be as good looking as a woman though

Like bros, WE could star in a judd apatow flick the same fundamentally couldn't be said about average girls
>>
File: Ghostbusters.jpg (66 KB, 960x540) Image search: [Google]
Ghostbusters.jpg
66 KB, 960x540
>>80514893
>Leo
>not handsome
lol what?

>these women
>more attractive than Leo
lol what?

>Jonah Hill as an example
>he's a jew who has a career because of that
lol what?

your "injustice" is all in your head, you stupid faggot.
>>
>>80512747
Because man and woman makes goyim
>>
File: Bridesmaids-McCarthy_320.jpg (45 KB, 612x380) Image search: [Google]
Bridesmaids-McCarthy_320.jpg
45 KB, 612x380
>>80514893
Because more of those guys are funny or at least entertaining. There are plenty of unattractive women in plenty of movies like this hamplanet. For it to work they need to actually be funny, something a lot of women have a hard time with.
>>
>>80515397
>>80515186

I mean I wonder if boogie2988 would have been successful if it was an obese woman portraying the character, but then again it might have to do with how women aren't funny on average.

Still though in comedies and shit, we usually see the woman being seen as what's more stereotypical hot than a male, you know.

I mean think about it - we in comedies that star average looking guys is there usually a hot chick? Are only hot women funny?
>>
>>80513405
>women care far less about looks than men
Meme. Women care a lot about looks. In fact women have much higher standards than men. An average man will happily fuck 80% of the women he see's on a daily. Women maybe at most 5% of men if even that. If a women doesn't like your looks you are nothing but a beta-bux to her.
>>
>>80512747
We arent manipulated as easy.
>>
>>80515692

>boogie2988
>character

Yeh, he's only 'pretending' to be an obese neckbeard that's obsessed with video games.
>>
>>80515692
>I mean I wonder if boogie2988 would have been successful if it was an obese woman portraying the character,
Most consumers of comedy are men. Men don't care how a male comedian looks just if he's funny. Men don't like female comedians because the comedic skills do not overlap well with femininity. Men do not like non-feminin women.
>>
>>80515692
Hot women are there because it drives the comedic plot more than an ugly hamplanet trying to tell jokes.

You can have the funny quirky guy chasing the "out of his league" babe. Wallah, comedy!
>>
>>80514257
Is that a trap? Sure looks like one to me.
>>
>>80515996
It also plays into the cucking narrative of jewish media. It teaches men to be the nice beta because women will like them for it.
>>
>>80515924
>>80515962
>>80515996

well fuck bros! how am I supposed to answer my sociology homework, if my thread that was thinly disguised a way for you to do my homework for me didn't work?

>What about the contradictions between real boys/men and the way they are represented in the media? How are men portrayed in comparison to the men you know? What are the differences?

how am I supposed to fucking answer that?
>>
>>80512747
>my question is - why aren't men held to the same standards in media as women?
Because the allure of a man is very different from the allure of a woman.
Leo's character is super successful and filthy rich. He can give a woman anything she wants and can therefore have any woman he wants.
>>
>>80512747
>a movie based on a fat and a plain looking girl would never have been as successful as Superbad, even if it were just as funny?

Impossible.
>>
The male standard of beauty requires steroids or having an full body labor job (ie: using a sledgehammer 8 hours a day) which are next to non-existent in the west.
>>
>>80515801
Nah, women honestly don't care about looks so much

Yes they DO find 80% of men horrifyingly ugly, but that's just a simple trade off

https://www.brainpickings.org/2013/07/03/kenrick-beauty/
https://www.sciencedaily.com/releases/2004/03/040316072953.htm
https://docs.google.com/file/d/0B-5-JeCa2Z7hcTlXQjV1NEMzblE/edit?pref=2&pli=1
http://www.wellingresearchlab.com/uploads/1/3/5/7/13572010/hill_et_al._2013.pdf
>>
>>80515811
Underrated
>>
File: ryan-reynolds2.png (2 MB, 1088x988) Image search: [Google]
ryan-reynolds2.png
2 MB, 1088x988
why indeed
>>
>>80512747
Men's vanity is tied to their masculinity.

You tell them they have to go out and die to make the rich richer or they are cowards and not real men.

Men are far more stupid than women.
>>
>>80519594
t. Dr. Phil
Thread replies: 34
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.