[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How do you all cope with the fact that 95% of people aren't
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /pol/ - Politically Incorrect

Thread replies: 88
Thread images: 16
File: pepe-the-frog-meme-15.jpg (314 KB, 1600x1200) Image search: [Google]
pepe-the-frog-meme-15.jpg
314 KB, 1600x1200
How do you all cope with the fact that 95% of people aren't interested in the truth?

I see all my Facebook friends posting about guns, race and politics, and despite arguing with statistics and facts, none of them will ever change their opinions. It's so unbelievably frustrating when you present someone with facts about the world, and they dig their heels in emotionally and refuse to budge. Even when you point out the -clearly- contradictory nature of their arguments, they refuse to see the light.

How do you not kill yourself? How do you not log out of life?
>>
>>80498979
There is no such thing as truth. Only a viewpoint.
>>
By not depending so much on others to feel good about myself
>>
>>80498979
>>80498979
Don't blame them for being so stupid.

Blame yourself for holding these people to the same standard as you hold yourself.

You can't change them, work on you.
>>
>caring about other people
>wanting friends

Just read Atlas Shrugged and realize that that's the way the world works. There will always be a 1% and that 1% will always be the movers of the world.
>>
>>80498979
You find the 5%
>>
File: 1467663650755.jpg (69 KB, 474x641) Image search: [Google]
1467663650755.jpg
69 KB, 474x641
>>80498979
You just have to stop caring. After that, you can laugh at everything.
>>
>>80498979
This is unfortunately in our nature. When presented with evidence that backs our own views up we accept it without question, but when we're presented with opposing evidence we question it - we doubt the credibility of the author, attack him for being biased, pick holes in the evidence, question the motive...and it actually results in strengthening our stance, despite being presented with well-reasoned evidence.

This goes for everybody. Humans are dumb.
>>
>>80498979
I've been thinking about this lately.

Life really is pointless. We are on this planet for absolutely no reason other than to exist. We have no purpose in our life. Whatever we do does not matter.

And to add on the suffering of having to deal with the absolute stupidity that the majority of the population is, well that's simply icing on the cake.

Fuck women. Fuck niggers. Fuck muzzies. Fuck everyone. This world is full of pathetic individuals who just want to be labeled 'normal'.
>>
>>80498979
it's nowhere near 95%. Just know that even though the person youre arguing with is a religiously-liberal fatherless cunt, you might be convincing more than a few people scrolling through the feed.
>>
>>80498979
Get new friends. Most people in this country aren't liberal. Stop hanging with degenerates.
>>
>>80498979
You can lead a horse to water but you can't make it drink.

You are absolved of all guilt and sin whrn you try your best to warn others of danger and they fall to it.
>>
>>80498979

I try to not discuss politics outside of /pol/. I will just end up losing the few friends I have left if I do.
>>
>>80498979
people's opinions can not be changed by facts. you use emotions to change their opinions. oldest trick in the book..
>>
>>80499097
>I'm 14 and this is deep

You're a fag, and that's the truth.
>>
>>80498979
Kill the retarded right, the looney left, the natsocs, the commies, the liberals, the fascists and libertarians, anarcho capitalists, and all of the right wing

You are left with libertarian left (non sjw), centrists, and technocrats, choose one, only sane options.
>>
>>80499457
> rednecks actually believe this

Just go to any social media out let, 99% are disgusted by cops, then you have that 1% (who is usually an autistic kid) saying something edgy like

> "Fuck Degay #keephiminjail"

When I see those comments I cringe. Its over for you guys, you lost and to deny it is only setting yourself up for more disappointment. I personally cant wait to see how you faggots act after hillary wins the election. I expect a big temper tantrum from you fucking spergs followed by some empty threats about how the racecwar begins.
>>
>>80498979
Don't engage with plebs
>>
>>80498979
>How do you all cope with the fact that 95% of people aren't tin foil hat wearing faggots?
>>
File: vlad-impaler.jpg (36 KB, 610x440) Image search: [Google]
vlad-impaler.jpg
36 KB, 610x440
>>80499176

kill yourself roach your pathetic and inferior
>>
>>80500285
Life must suck for you having to post on /pol/ to bait people
>>
>>80500352
needy insecure manchild detected
enjoy being less than a roach kek
>>
>>80500356
>Every post I don't agree with is b8
Kek, sure m8. Sorry I stepped into your safespace
>>
File: 1468097349417.jpg (272 KB, 1001x879) Image search: [Google]
1468097349417.jpg
272 KB, 1001x879
>>80500120
>Just go to any social media out let, 99% are disgusted by cops, then you have that 1% (who is usually an autistic kid) saying something edgy like

oh really?
>>
>>80499735
>heh heh kid grow up
I suggest you to talk with real people about "truth" and see what happen.
Pro tip:world is not black and white
>>
>>80500611
> all of my safespaces are a joke now so I'll call /pol/ a safe space, haha
>>
>>80498979
>having facebook

wtf is wrong with you?
>>
File: 1466660254397.jpg (61 KB, 659x596) Image search: [Google]
1466660254397.jpg
61 KB, 659x596
>>80500741
BTFO
>>
File: hqdefault[1].jpg (15 KB, 480x360) Image search: [Google]
hqdefault[1].jpg
15 KB, 480x360
Just remind yourself that it don't matter, none of this matters.
>>
File: Do Not Save and Repost My Image.jpg (181 KB, 600x691) Image search: [Google]
Do Not Save and Repost My Image.jpg
181 KB, 600x691
>>80498979
Too sick of this to give a serious reply, here's an excerpt from my diary.

I outright despise being in the presence of others, listening to their menial conversations, having them trying to interact and offer services over and over again with no space for myself.

Life cannot be enjoyed around the poisonous. Life cannot be fulfilled in solitude. There is no life without outside appreciation.

Yet I find nobody of meaning, nobody of value in my thoughts.

>>80499442
This anon understands.
>>80499222
Atlas Shrugged has fantastic quotes, haven't read the book yet it's on my list.
>>80500977

If anybody has found a way to enjoy life while aware of humanity, please do let me know.
t. Ãœbermensch
>>
>>80498979
Well i drink a lot
>>
facebook is gay
>>
>>80499097
God damn it Trotsky you are shitting up this board.
>>
File: Bill_Wilson-0.jpg (79 KB, 716x768) Image search: [Google]
Bill_Wilson-0.jpg
79 KB, 716x768
>>80501673
That's almost exactly how I feel. Just very confused, because I know that being social is more or less a requisite of a happy life, and also professional success to a degree, but I just don't see much I enjoy in other people.

I feel like I know where every conversation will end up before it starts, and so I just don't start many conversations anymore. I know this getting into edgelord territory, but it's just so frustrating, especially in the world of social media, which we can now say definitively isn't going anywhere.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=flz9WK3zl9A

link related
>>
>>80498979
Some people you just can't help. They are destined to die off in majority and in the end it's only going to make the core groupe (us) that much more solid and efficient. No dead weight.
>>
>>80502288
Thanks for giving me something to watch tonight, unfortunately I can't really talk right now but if you would like to later on; disposable Skype of mine: sandwich_maiden / Siella Lascaire
>>
>>80498979
>and despite arguing with statistics and facts, none of them will ever change their opinions. It's so unbelievably frustrating when you present someone with facts about the world, and they dig their heels in emotionally and refuse to budge. Even when you point out the -clearly- contradictory nature of their arguments, they refuse to see the light.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vLqHv0xgOlc
Watch this

or

8:50-10:00
>>
>>80501758

I drink a lot too. I also use drugs. And I /pol/.

I live in NY. I can't fucking relate to anybody. Even when I'm on one of my binges The brief conversations I find myself having at bars with people are fucking laughable.

People want the lie. They need it.

I don't. I dont fucking care if being red pilled isolates me, I won't fucking live in denial.

Normies gunna norm.
>>
>>80503736
It's a great movie.

I'll try to hit you up later tonight.
>>
>>80499097
JIDF, please fuck off
>>
>>80498979
I'm just trying to learn not to care about the mass populations willful ignorance.

I could write essays on why I think people are the way they are. Why people are willfully ignorant and distracted nearly all of their lives... but theres no point. The only people who would opt to read it are people who already think like we do. I decided 5 years ago never to bring a kid into the world because I disagree with how humans have treated the planet and how they treat each other. The whole 'willful ignorance' and distracted lives thing drives me nuts. Nobody seems to care about progression as a species. Nobody thinks objectively about life and our roles. I prefer to think of my life here as having a great seat in a shitshow circus. I can't really change the outcome, just going to enjoy the ride and laugh at all the craziness I bear witness to.
>>
>>80506367
Yes, exactly.

I've written what could be considered essays in debates I've had with friends on social media, and it always ends with the same way. Even if it ends on a somewhat positive note, and 'agreeing to disagree', those same people are back out spouting the very same nonsense I had just refuted the week prior.

And that's just the one person I talked to among a roiling ocean of shitty, unresearched, uneducated, oversimplified, fallacious arguments that exist out there.

It drives me crazy. I'm trying to do what you said and just not be affected by it, but it surely is hard.
>>
Just came by to say that this faggot >>80500120 got fucking annihilated by >>80500741. I can only hope he's swinging from a rope right now in his mom's basement out of sheer embarrassment.
>>
>>80498979
I feel for you more than words can express. You must accept the things you cannot change. Live a life of love and positivity in the face of unrestrained evil. it's all you can really do, my friend.
>>
>>80501673
>>80502288
Lmao you're both probably antisocial losers who will die alone.
>>
>>80498979
You have to remember anon, the truth is only what's agreed upon by the men in power who are able to influence and mold the public consciousness. The mindless masses have always been spectators and useful idiots who always end up siding with the winning side. The unruly mobs of our so called demoractic nations don't care about facts, they hate the truth, they seek to suppress it because the truth shatters their faulty egalitarian worldview.
>>
>>80498979
I have to say the more I read about foreign countries, even those that are wealthier than Poland, like Germany, France, USA etc. I start to appreciate where I live. Maybe I could find better countries as a whole, like Switzerland, Liechtenstein etc.

I don't think I would be able not to isolate myself in other countries. This is what I've been thinking about. How much in common as a Pole I still have with a British or Spanish?

The amount of nihilism and cynicism that exists in other countries is to me inconceivable. Here we still can adhere to positive role models, not only meaningless degeneracy
>>
File: Premium Bait.png (600 KB, 1372x767) Image search: [Google]
Premium Bait.png
600 KB, 1372x767
>>80508441
"Do you know the hallmark of a second rater?"
>>
File: 1464010727234.jpg (64 KB, 453x604) Image search: [Google]
1464010727234.jpg
64 KB, 453x604
>Preacing "the truth" when /pol/ consciously ignores the physiological reality of transgender people.
>>
>>80499442
Mein neger.
>>
>>80508441
You deserve to be strung up and burned on a stake, you fucking nigger.
>>
File: 1465292328635.gif (1 MB, 320x240) Image search: [Google]
1465292328635.gif
1 MB, 320x240
>>80498979
i deal with it.
>>
>>80498979
The only reason it seems weird to you that they emotionally cling to their viewpoint is the fact that the only thing you emotionally cling to is objective truth.

That sounds like false depth, but it's exactly true. You can't abide living a lie, so it doesn't make sense to you that others would.

What you need to do, if you really want to effect change, is come up with a narrative. Something others can cling to.

I was able to change a friend's mind on Brexit. I didn't bother to refute that it was racist (that *is* partly true besides), or to mention anything economical which, let's face it, most people making those arguments are just regurgitating the "facts" from the first news article that agreed with their pre-existing biases.

What I did was figured out what would make Brexit emotionally appealing to him. He's Greek, and is really big on his native culture. He doesn't really embody any of it, and I roll my eyes whenever he starts talking about how great it is to have a history going back 6000 years like it was a personal achievement, but I told him that this was the British trying to preserve their unique culture, and how *all countries in Europe* are threatened with homogeneity if the EU is allowed to stay around. It was pretty surprising how quickly he changed his mind, said "yeah, I can see how that might be even more important than the economy..."

Never mentioned Greece, but I know it flashed to the front of his mind when I said that.

You don't necessarily have to find a heat-seeking magic-bullet argument like that, but you do have to be aware of people's emotional biases and play into them. Sounds manipulative but it's the only thing that has any hope of turning the cultural tide.

How do you think cultural marxism has gotten the foothold it has? Not by reading off spreadsheets of economic data that's for damn sure.
>>
>>80498979
MOST HATED COUNTRY ON /POL/
strawpoll.me/10713853

strawpoll DOT me SLASH 10713853

strawpoll.me/10713853

strawpoll.me/10713853

strawpoll.me/10713853

>>
>>80499097
They taught you that in Soviet Union?
>>
File: maybe.jpg (23 KB, 287x310) Image search: [Google]
maybe.jpg
23 KB, 287x310
>>80498979
>How do you all cope with the fact that 95% of people aren't interested in the truth?

Maybe, maybe ... Maybe we're (/pol/) in the wrong here?!
>>
File: Consider.jpg (24 KB, 600x451) Image search: [Google]
Consider.jpg
24 KB, 600x451
>>80498979
Pro-tip: if you can't make the truth interesting and articulate it in a convincing manner, you don't possess the truth in the first place.
>>
>>80513491
if you think the truth depends on how eloquent you are, you're a fucking dumbass
>>
>>80512948
This was very thoughtful, and I'll definitely consider it.
>>
>>80513622
>autistic faggots
>knowing anything

pick exactly one
>>
File: 1464850421385.jpg (106 KB, 736x856) Image search: [Google]
1464850421385.jpg
106 KB, 736x856
>>80498979

An unexamined life is not worth living. I pity those who are confined in their little bubble of social media and willful ignorance.

However, the truth can be subjective. The validity of an argument is what really matters, meaning no matter what the content of an argument is, if its premises are true, then it is true.

I don't see why you would feel the need to kill yourself. After all, you are not the one living an unexamined life.
>>
>>80499097
>truth
Yeah, "truth" don't mean much in the real world. It's an emotionally charged word with ambiguous meaning which can be fashioned to serve the exact purpose of the speaker.

"Truth" can convince someone that they can fly if they jump off a high enough cliff. It can convince them that millions of third world immigrants following a hostile ideology are "good for Europe." Truth isn't worth the breath it takes to speak its name.

What does exist is objective *facts*. Data. True false. And even though they can be manipulated through selective reporting and confirmation bias, with disciplined application they are the best tool of understanding we have.
>>
>>80513491
>>80513855
Eat my shit honkey
>>
>>80507200
>spouting the very same nonsense
Just give them a playful jab as a callback to your earlier argument. That'll keep the refutation fresh in their mind, hopefully without you have to go full bore into the same argument all over again.

Don't rehash the old argument either. This isn't meant to effect instant change, it's to present and keep at the forefront of their memory an alternative to the narrative they're following. It'll make them more likely to be critical of the narrative in the future.

And don't be a dick either. Be gracious, be nice, if you fuck up and get caught making a thoughtless argument that is refuted, don't concede, but just diffuse the situation with a joke.

A lot of people who think deeply about stuff like this make the mistake of thinking that people change their mind instantly when faced with irrefutable data. People's minds aren't mathematical data processing engines. They're more like a shorthand map they've drawn to help them navigate the world. Without easy shortcuts and landmark assumptions, it would be overwhelming to try and process all the information they are exposed to. Give them time. It takes a while to redraw those lines, even ever so slightly.

That's why propaganda has to be constantly repeated before people start reacting to it as the powers want.

Think of it this way-- these people are going to be manipulated no matter what. As long as they don't choose to associate with people outside their circle of friends, or read the opinions of people of other worldviews, they are incapable of making a change. What you're doing is giving them the chance to choose something else.

And a lot of them may never even get to a point of making a decision. A lot of them will choose to go back to full retard SJW globalist etc... bs. You never really win, here. The best you can possibly do is be a good representative of your world view. If you can legitimize yourself, you've done all the good in the world.
>>
>>80513956
I don't think you understood Plato.
Try again.
>>
>>80498979
Truth is something very questionable.

We can never be certain about what is really true.
>>
>>80513236
Nah fuck off Brodsky, /pol/ has about the most realistic viewpoints available in the western world. We're the outcasts in a society that denounces reality. Whatever they find too horrifying, they flush away, out of sight out of mind. Do not sully our vaunted tombs with your dirty *real talk*.

And it all washes up here. We get nationalists, worshippers of old gods, reactionaries, happening-fags, racists, traditionalists, people who read uncomfortable science. All of them. And they can't talk about this stuff anywhere else. Nothing better to do in this situation than argue against each other, so we're constantly being exposed to other peoples' contradictory "truth."
>>
>>80516782
Babby's first philosophical argument.

Inductive reasoning. The first thing you learn about in philosophy. We can't even be sure that 1+1=2, all we know is that when we do the math, it works out, and that our senses tell us it makes logical sense. But even these are just field reports from our nervous systems-- our reality may be an abstraction built upon rules that we can't even comprehend, and our understanding of things such as identity, numbers, logic and forms are just a shadow of a larger overarching reality we have never been exposed to. Maybe by moving the things casting those shadows, 1+1 will equal 3 and the structure of our world would fly apart in incandescent nuclear fire. When the odds are so hard in favor of one outcome that we've never even seen an alternative, we kind of have to assume that we can predict it. At the end of the day, just being alive is playing the odds.

It's not that you're wrong, it's that you're saying the most obvious, facile thing imaginable, then acting like you've conquered all reality. Naaah y'aint done yet Alfredo.
>>
>>80512948
/thread
>>
>>80499097
A viewpoint is just a position from which you observe the truth.
>>
>>80498979
me and my buddy had a conversation about this last night, literally dump all your friends and find better ones. Its not hard at all to find decent people, you just have to leave your fairy left wing campus.
>>
>>80498979
Learn how to argue. Liberals use emotion in their thinking.

"Once you know what a man wants you know what he is, and how to move him."- Petyr Baelish
>>
>>80499097
This statement embodies exactly what is wrong with postmodernism
>>
>>80498979
Pones.
>>
>>80512948
When you start playing the appeasement game against communists, you lose. They are willing to give other people your shit for free. All you are willing to do is give them freedom. They think to themselves 'what good is freedom if I have to go to work on Monday?' and would rather live as some pet. Your premise is a step in the right direction, but self-determination is dead. People just want free shit, not freedom.
>>
>>80518871
Too easy, too facile. You're still just spouting platitudes at this point. You're implying that all points of view are equal, and are informed to the same degree by the underlying reality.

You haven't made any argument that this is necessarily true, the power of your statement is that it kind of slips its true meaning by without anybody even realizing it. "All contradictory truths are equal," sounds kind of deep as long as you don't think about it eh? Rides in along with other things we instinctively know are "true"-- all men are created equal, equal pay equal work, equality is love, equality is life.

PoMoism did a number on us.
>>
>>80498979
I plan on killing myself by the end of this year
>>
>>80500747
The world isn't black and white, but there's a difference between concrete truths and viewpoints.

The truth is that blacks underperform academically, and have problems with crime. Viewpoints are that they're genetically inferior, or being oppressed.
>>
>>80498979
The famous three percent that actually fought the Revolution was actually larger because it rotated on a sort of reserve basis (three per cent active at any one time, drawing on a larger pool). But even that leaves a huge discrepency between self-neutralizing normies and Shaw's Unreasonable Men.
Learn about Shaw's Unreasonable Man.
Also:
The other night someone posted as a "boasting black" (this is a common shill genre, this particular one did not have a Chilean flag). He asked if would whites fight knowing we would lose. I immediately said yes. I'm from Detroit (check my flags if you're Extended) and have read a bit about South Africa. We fight. We have absolutely no alternative. There is no such thing as peace with Africans.
>>
>>80520204
What drove you to that point? I'm genuinely curious.
>>
>>80498979
The world is full of narrow minded people, be glad that you are not one of them.
>>
>>80498979
I'm joining the police so I can see how ugly this fucking world is.
>>
>>80519195
Most *people* mainly use emotion. Conservatives are generally emotionally attached to less obvious things, and are more able to abide the misfortunes of outsiders. The fact that conservatism works doesn't hurt in making it seem logical and detached.
>>
>>80498979
Go full Dilbert Guy --> Scott Adams blog.

You are 100% correct. Now that you know the truth you are well on your path to become a master persuader and will understand the 4-dimensional chess Donald Trump is playing.
>>
>>80520769
Are you gonna kill black people?
>>
File: 1445773358134.png (107 KB, 644x952) Image search: [Google]
1445773358134.png
107 KB, 644x952
>>80498979
>implying /pol/fags or even you are interested in the truth either
No one is special OP
>>
>>80519967
Dude the world isn't full of enemies.Not yet anyway. Most people still live under the social contract. If you approach normal people with that surly attitude, nobody's going to listen to you-- assuming they don't just kick your ass.

And even if you're a body builder who can kill five different ways before they hit the ground, how productive do you think it's going to be, beating people up who disagree with you?

Civilization, fuckhead. Do you live in it?
>>
>>80519967
The absolute last thing you want to do if you want to have any hope of changing anyone's mind is to make yourself look abnormal.

Everyone has these strong feelings inside of them, but having the good sense to know when to hide them and to what degree is the very essence of social competence. We used to call people who couldn't do this "weird" or "creepy," but recently we got a more precise term-- "autistic."
Thread replies: 88
Thread images: 16

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.