[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I have actually seen people believing this (a lot of people actually
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /pol/ - Politically Incorrect

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1
I have actually seen people believing this (a lot of people actually believe onion all the time). This is exactly why Trump wants to open the libel laws. It has nothing to do with free speech, it has to do with the fact that sites are posting these defamatory articles that are potentially harming his chance at getting elected. If people are reading these false news stories and believing them, and that harms his chances in any way, then they should get in trouble for that.
>>
I think most people will agree the media has abused its power for too long. No one trusts the msm for reliable news and instead opt for Internet articles. What most people don't know is that they're owned by the same people.

The only people who are against opening libel laws are people who don't realize most news comes from the same source or shills for said news sources
>>
>>80493940
Dude it's The Onion.

Bait thread.
>>
>>80497241
An yet a friend of mine just today sent me the article thinking it's legit.
And yet people on Facebook post their articles all the time thinking it's legit.
And yet YouTube news channels make videos on their articles all the time thinking it's legit, including TYT at one point.

>Thinking people are smart enough to know what's satire and what isn't
Bait comment.
>>
>>80496819
Freedom of speech needs to be paramount, but damn if the media hasn't given me reason to believe that it needs to be curtailed a little.

How do we keep speech open and free for individuals, but also punish genuine liars and shit heads for their bullshit? The only reason the left has won is exactly because we have sat quietly, abiding their cancerous speech, while they worked to undermine and destroy society.
>>
>>80493940
The Onion is more or less owned by Hillary you know
>>
>>80499715
All the media are in the Clintons pockets. Always has been that way. They spent our money wisely on themselves and the rest rather stupidly for dem programs.
>>
>>80497893
>thinking we should curb freedom of speech because some people are retards

I'm all for libel laws against legitimate news networks but whether or not people are retarded, satire should be exempt.
>>
i would suggest cutting anyone out of your life that thinks onion articles are actual news.

possibly yourself.
>>
>>80499981
This is fucked up, I'm scared for you, you know.
Be great again please
>>
>>80499010
When advertising or profit is involved through subscriptions etc. Agreed
>>
>>80499997
Libel laws are for defamation and to punish those who make up lies that negatively effect people in some way, usually in monetary gains. If people like the onion are making fake stories about trump and it effects him winning, whether it's satire or not, it falls under libel and they must be held accountable.
>>
>>80500248
Why give up and just cut people out? I am currently in the middle of redpilling my circle of friends. I already have most voting for Trump.
>>
>>80499997
Trump relies almost entirely on the low-IQ/uneducated vote to win. If we lose that, it's over.
Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.