[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Is it possible to 'un-red pill' yourself temporarily
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /pol/ - Politically Incorrect

Thread replies: 45
Thread images: 5
File: 1457197901979.jpg (104 KB, 960x804) Image search: [Google]
1457197901979.jpg
104 KB, 960x804
Is it possible to 'un-red pill' yourself temporarily without using alcohol or drugs? I can't enjoy anything anymore except reading classical philosophy and history. All I see is agendas when I watch mainstream media. Is there a way to switch off, even for a night without going full blown degenerate?
>>
>>80493596
I like going for a run and lifting. That helps me to SHUT IT DOWN, SHLOMO for a moment or two.
>>
> i can't compartmentalize my interests to enjoy things

what a fucking autist

seek out a therapist practicing gestalt or take up zazen
>>
>>80493875
Yeah, I'm beginning to exercise and that helps, maybe this is just me realising that I'm not supposed to switch off, I'm not supposed to be inactive at all, unless I am asleep. Reading red-pilled fiction like Cormac Mcarthy helps me relax but I can't find much in the mainstream.
>>
>>80493997
>zazen
I already do 40 mins of mindfulness meditation a day and mainstream media still doesn't hold my interest, it just angers me.
>>
>>80494009
>I'm not supposed to be inactive at all, unless I am asleep
Got problems falling asleep, too? It was really bad for me last autumn / winter when the hordes where falling in.

>but I can't find much in the mainstream
There is some stuff but not much. You should maybe check out older movies, like Kubricks, Tarkovskys or Bergmans works.
>>
File: literally me.png (837 KB, 887x913) Image search: [Google]
literally me.png
837 KB, 887x913
I roleplay as a strong womyn of colour.
Partially works, I feel opressed most of the time and people pn me how ugly my character is.
>>
>>80494254
Yeah, I never feel relaxed unless I'm drunk. Stopped fapping too because it's a needless distraction.
>>
Its not exactly unredpilling but giving yourself the tried an true foundation.

Read the Bible. Pray to God. Ask for help.
>>
Take the breadpill

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=WDEBz25lGdY
>>
>>80494395
She looks good to be honest.
>>
>>80495110
I think anything but strict, orthodox Christianity is a meme
>>
Go for a walk in nature. Get away from society for a little while. Always helps me calm down and recenter myself.
>>
Go for a walk, preferably somewhere with growing things. Don't take your phone out, and don't have any kind of plan.

Being around nature is incredibly important. It helps with undirected attention and creativity, like a less disciplined form of meditation.
>>
>>80495219
don't try hitting on me whiteboi
>>
>>80494121
If you still get angered then your meditative abilities are garbage senpai
>>
>>80495285
Well I do appreciate Orthodoxy. I would just suggest actually believing in what you're reading and praying. If you have any doubts its not a good idea to leave them unchecked and fixed.

I used to be a militant atheist for awhile so I had a lot of problems I had to research before I started to truly believe in God and the Bible.

>>80495441
I'm married. We're all good.
>>
>>80495285
Baptist christianity is biblical christianity, anything else is just traditions of men
>>
>>80494121

Nigger, did i say "mindfullness meditation"? I said fucking ZAZEN, go order fucking Kapleau or Roshi Suzuki's books and take up fucking ZAZEN if you're such a fucking feeble minded weakling.

(((Mindfulness meditation))) is a New Age invention that doesn't fucking mean anything.
>>
>>80495617
Now now. Lets not bicker over this. This is what blocked me from believing in Jesus Christ in the first place. Be aware of what you're doing to those people that read what you write.
>>
>>80495326
This is actually a good idea for a believer in Christ too. Just get outside and only bring yourself. It really helps process things.
>>
Get a hobby.

Long range precision target shooting is pretty cool if you like math. Very relaxing.

Get comfy, control breathing, listen to your heartbeat, calculate the trajectory, still yourself as much as humanly possible and slowly squeeze the trigger until it breaks like a tiny glass rod.

>Ping!
>That's a hit!
>>
>>80493596
That's autism
>>
>>80495752
No, its very important. Other denominations are bringing a false gospel. Might as well be Jehovas witnesses if you dont believe in sola fide
>>
>>80495947
This is only situationally useful. Something like this can easily grow into a caner. I tried doing this before and also meditation. Hobbies can take over your life, meditation can leave you hollow and empty without any true foundation.
>>
>>80495641
Been doing vipassana for a few years. Tried zazen when I first starting meditating, but found it too difficult. I'm bored now and sit maybe one every couple days. Got any tips other than the books anon?
>>
>>80496179
I agree but its a process and we have to trust in Jesus Christ to handle this situation. Its not like I don't understand the importance of believing what you're reading but this can push someone away before they even give reading the Bible a chance, much less prayer.
>>
>>80493596
>All I see is agendas when I watch mainstream media.
Painful isn't it?

The TV set might as well have a huge nose and a pair of hands rubbing together, considering the amount of fucking agenda-pushing that comes through it.
>>
File: 1463371225379.png (104 KB, 529x297) Image search: [Google]
1463371225379.png
104 KB, 529x297
Bumping because this is a serious challenge facing the /pol/ community. We need to raise awareness on 4chinz and on the wider internet about this slow moving calamity.
>>
>>80496363
I fixed this by not watching TV. I haven't had a TV for over 13 years.
>>
Well I'm off to shower. God speed OP.
>>
>>80496181

As long as you have a way of "recharging your batteries", then you can still function.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7B9NkQldeu0
>>
>>80496454
>abonigs
>>
File: Takeit.png (3 MB, 1228x2181) Image search: [Google]
Takeit.png
3 MB, 1228x2181
>>80493596
Only one left lad
>>
File: hard truth.jpg (124 KB, 640x640) Image search: [Google]
hard truth.jpg
124 KB, 640x640
>>80496256

>Tried zazen when I first starting meditating, but found it too difficult.

Yeah, that's why i recommended it, because it quickly weeds out inferior students such as yourself.

Tips?

TOUGHEN THE FUCK UP, KID
>>
>>80496621
60 mg vyvanse
>>
>>80493596
You should find subjects you enjoy and immerse yourself in them. Read books, articles, etc. Sometimes focusing on a particular interesting subject can both distract and educate at the same time.

For me, it was evolutionary biology. It gave great insight on what factors influenced the way society as it is was shaped. How alturism versus selfish behavior was favored or disfavored throughout history and within different societal structures.

Understanding that these things have very defined causes somewhat relieves my cynicism, I dunno. I would suggest Selfish Gene by Richard Dawkins (nothing to do with muh atheism, and he invents the word "meme" in that book!)
>>
>>80496996
altruism* dammit
>>
>>80493596
Stop using the internet as much as you do and just generally think positive thoughts (the way you think influences your outlook on life)

Also just remember that politics and agendas aren't as powerful as you think they are, sure one party may up taxes by 3pence or another might raise the minimum wage by 10p. It's going to make a huge difference for a country but honestly it doesn't matter to you or me
>>
>>80496825
Fair enough. I'll sit zazen tomorrow.
>>
>>80494966
>Stopped fapping
That's a good thing
>>
>>80495641
>>80496825
PURE ego, you know nothing about meditation. Mindfulness isn't a movement or some new age nonsense, it's a practice that's been around for thousands of years.
>>
>>80493596
Use meth.
Meth won't bluepill you, but it WILL make you happier(until you crash lel).
a-PHP is a good alt for meth.
>>
>ancient Chinese meditation, anon

Jesus Christ, just smoke weed.
>>
>>80493596
Learning a skill or trade. I recommend cooking.
Thread replies: 45
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.