[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Ask a Russian immigrant
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /pol/ - Politically Incorrect

Thread replies: 91
Thread images: 5
File: cam1285.jpg (2 MB, 3264x2448) Image search: [Google]
cam1285.jpg
2 MB, 3264x2448
Ask a Russian immigrant ITT. I had lived 24 years in Russia and 8 years in Germany. I have learned the East and the West. I also have a PhD, 5 years experience in industry and 9 years experience in academia (the first 3 with overlap with the industrial career).

I guess now I have something useful to say to the young generation.
>>
>>80464731
Apparently not
>>
> Apparently not
I see there is a wiser man here. That is inspiring.
>>
>>80464731
What do you think about Soviet union?
>>
File: 1467757694273.png (214 KB, 419x595) Image search: [Google]
1467757694273.png
214 KB, 419x595
What industry, can you help me get a chemistry job. I'll just clean glassware or something for you m8 it's cool.
>>
where does your loyality lie? With Germany or with Russia?
>>
Welche Vor. und Nachteile der kommunistischen/sozialistisch geprÃĪgten Erziehung siehst du in der heutigen gesellschaft?
>>
>>80465930
I have mostly positive opinion about that despite not having lived there as an adult. As a scientist, I'd have been respected by my country and wouldn't have had to emigrate. The modern Russia is a turbid shadow in comparison to the Soviet Union.
>>
>>80464731
Maybe if you described your education it would make a better thread
>>
>>80464731

What do you think about the current situation in Germany? Does it hurt knowing you could just cross the border instead of going through all the procedures you went through back then (I guess you did)?
>>
>>80466255
As I said, I was just born at the end of the Soviet Union. I wasn't a pioneer or something. So, I can't really judge on pros and cons of the subject. All I know is that the education is getting much more oriented on the weakest and dumbest. Children are being raised soft self-loving sexless creatures. My father did not hesitate to spank me when I did something bad, or call be an dumbass or something. I think today children are untouchable and get only appreciated. Not addressing your question directly though.
>>
>>80466229
Neither.
>>
>>80464731
Mind translating 200 Years Together for us?
>>
>>80464731
Whats better? Living in germany or in russia as an outsider with a degree?
>>
is hatred towards the west really a thing among the average russian?
>>
>>80464731
I don't give a shit about you, but nice pic.
>>
>>80466654
Current situation is desperately bad. I think a society must have a natural resistance to immigrants. Immigrants need to rip their ass and EARN the right be recognized by the society. Generations have built the German culture though thousand of years and it can't be just given away like it's being now. I moved to Germany with a clear thought that I wouldn't be appreciated on each step, that I would have to work hard to gain respect. Now, I have a German PhD and teach to German students and still do not think I should have some special requests to the society like the muslimes do. I think muslims are the curse of the modern world. They are full of shit and, honestly, if your government was in a so desperate need for new people -- why the hell didn't they took in a million of Ukrainian refugees? Slavshit, snowniggers you will tell me. And I might agree, but compared to the shit Germany takes from the biggest asshole on Earth -- slavs are fucking angels.

Regarding all the hard work I've done here to get a permanent residence permit while the shit muslimes get all just for being muslimes -- I don't regret. Seriously, I live my life, hell with the German government, hell with the muslimes. I know good people here that I worked and spent time with. I try to concentrate on that instead of changing the world. So a the end of the day, I am not German, I'd perhaps try to support this culture (at least by minor things as teaching), but if this society desperately tries to kill itself, then maybe it's not the best place for me. I do not pretend that I comprehend everything that's in mind of the people who rule here.
>>
>>80467065
Btw, Solzshenitsin was quite a controversial person
>>
Is the Russian mindset generally hostile? Like when Putin stole that American sportsmans medal, it is inconceivable that a western leader would ever do something so utterly pathetic selfish and nasty and the public would castigate them. It's almost unfathomable that someone at that level of society could be so cynical and yet a cursory look at the alcoholic rates and general lack of quality minds suggests Russia remains a superpower only on account of its resource exports. What is the future for Russia after we go solar? It seems the country is not sophisticated enough and is too cynical and insular to thrive.
>>
>>80468095
Controversial? Wow. We better not read any of his stuff then. Good thing that you warned us
>>
>>80469047
>Is the Russian mindset generally hostile?
Rather yes than no. Living in Russia is generally tough and dangerous.

> Putin
I don't care about this bald abomination. Straight to the hell it goes.

> we go solar?
No, this won't happen. Forget about it.

> It seems the country is ...
... unpredictable. You never know where it turns to. You might say today it's collapsing but the very next day it turn into a machine like the Soviet Union which had literally risen from the ashes. I gave up on any predictions a few years ago.
>>
Why did you betray the Rodina?
>>
>>80469687
I did not. I worked hard at the Rodina and my former supervisor even stole some research works from me. So, let's call it my indirect contribution :)
>>
>>80469808
That's...alright I guess. Carry on.
>>
>>80464731

Do you think Russia is a threat to western Europe anymore?

Your origin city?
>>
>>80469882
> Do you think Russia is a threat to western Europe anymore?
Who knows. I am not a world-class politician or something. As a scientist, I try not to judge on things I a have little idea about.

> Your origin city?
It will tell you nothing. Just a mid sized province
>>
File: 14670345322061.jpg (31 KB, 613x560) Image search: [Google]
14670345322061.jpg
31 KB, 613x560
>>80469680
>I don't care about this bald abomination. Straight to the hell it goes.
brainwashed traitor.
>>
>>80466860
Have you ever heard about Yuri Bezmenov? If yes, what do you think about him?
>>
>>80470053

Since you said you are scientist. Is there any collaboration between EU and Russia in science? Also is English the common language in scientific community?

The province was more towards west or east? Does it have super hot summer?
>>
>>80470406
Nope
>>
>>80464731
Ist das sibiren? Wenn ich an Russland denke, denk ich an BirkenwÃĪlder.

How "integriert" du you feel in Germany?

Liebe GrÞße aus Kansas
>>
>>80466348
If it was so great it wouldnt have died Mr.Dragounav. Get real KappaTilism is the way to go.
>>
>>80470435
There certainly is collaboration, but I was never a part of it. We tried once and I even organized a Russian delegation, we wanted to write a proposal together, but then it went down. Don't know if sanctions had to do with that, but it was right before the Crimea crisis.

English is a common language, but German is a must have if you wanna have a decent career here. The Germans generally either don't know or speak English very badly.
>>
>>80471135

>The Germans generally either don't know or speak English very badly.

Yeah, I was disappointed to find out that English was not very useful when I was in Berlin.

How many language do you know? Do you considered yourself integrated?

What is the focus of your research?
>>
>>80471030
It'S near my province in the center of Russia. Photo taken in 2015 btw.

Integrated? It's hard to tell. The Germans, who know me, would certainly say I'm integrated. In my mind I don't think it can ever happen at full scale. For instance, I'd probably refuse to get a citizenship -- I don't need one. I was born Russian and will die Russian, that's the fact. Let's say I can fit it in more or less any Western society. Because, unlike the muslimes, I don't have any special traditions that I need to observe nor do I have any special requirements to the society.
>>
>>80471350
I know English and Germany besides Russian. You can only have a decent career here if you speak German, as I pointed out earlier. Not to mention teaching. I give lectures, so ...

Regarding my research, it's applied math.
>>
>>80471580
>Germany
German
>>
>>80466887
why
>>
>>80471447
But you probably still have an accent after just 8 years?

Would you consider marring a German?

There seams to be an issue with different values.
While my friends are German I dident end up marrying a german.
>>
Which city do you live in there? Is it "diverse"?

Do you know/hang out with any other Russians?

What do you think of German media? Do you get the impression they're disingenuous and that they're covering up government fuckups? If you have any impressions of current (withing the last 10 years) Russian media, could you compare them?

Also free Tatarstan
>>
>>80471771
Why do I have to be loyal to someone?
>>
>>80464731
I hope you are not one of "Kazadeutscher", literally russian untermensch from Kazachstan, bastard-child of Wehrmacht prisoners, who got the citizenship for free 8 years ago, are you?
>>
>>80471580

Are you teaching in Humbolt?
>>
>>80471933
I literally never heard that therm in my life. Did you just made that up?

With the current immigrant situation you shouldn't complain about these people.
>>
>>80471913
its not about loyalty its more about affection what im asking, with which society do u feel more connected?
>>
>>80471776
Sure, I have. But I'm okay with it.

I can't tell regarding marring a German. First of all, I do not support marriage. I don't understand why I need to bring the government and its filthy army of lawyers into my personal live. Second, I kind came here with my own Russian gf and I am pretty much fine with her. To be honest, I never even tried to pick someone here for I had it enough back in Russia. So, again, I can't judge adequately. There is, for sure, a difference in the mentality of our and their women though.
>>
>>80471933
Also Wehrmacht in Kasachstan. Really Kevin?
>>
>>80472136
There are differences yes.

But with your mindset you fit right in with the german men.
Gut for you I guess.
>>
>>80472094
ДpyÐķoК, I am a real russian migrant. The problem with all russian migrants is, that all of them are the same grade of subhumans as the refugees - poor, uneducated, and got the citizenship and state benefits for free. I can prove, if you really want me to.

Also, educate yourself before you spew shit again, Rusaboo.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Germans_of_Kazakhstan
>>
>>80471804
>Is it "diverse"
Not in the sense of countries like Sweden or Germany. There are some Caucasians, but they mostly behave like us.

> Do you know/hang out with any other Russians?
Nowadays quite little. It used to be like every week, but then I moved to another city where I had to find new contacts. It is a small city, so not many Russian--speaking ones here. And those who are here are generally of low status compared to me. They are mostly students (still by the age of 30) and have little money so they are jelly of me which complicates the conversations.

But I don't care desu. I prefer not to depend on anyone. It's not like I desperately require a company of friends all the time.
>>
>>80471804
>What do you think of German media?
Straight to the Hell they go. The only feeling I got when watched a German TV was a craving for vomit.

The Russian media is just as fucked up. They are all fucked up. Stick with common sense man. Don't trust the media wherever you are.
>>
>>80471933
>Kazadeutscher
Auf keinen Fall
>>
>>80464731
Is pic related a real photo or is it Shishkin? I can't tell anymore...
>>
>>80472095
Neither I guess. Nor do I have the need to feel for so or so society.
>>
>>80472619
ToÐģÐīa Ņ‚Ņ‹ ÐąoÐŧŅŒŅˆoÐđ ОoÐŧoÐīeŅ†, ecÐŧÐļ caО ÐŋepeÐąpaÐŧcŅ. К coÐķaÐŧeÐ―ÐļŅŽ ÐąoÐŧŅŒŅˆÐļÐ―cŅ‚Ðēo Ð―aŅˆÐļŅ… cooŅ‚eŅ‡ecŅ‚ÐēeÐ―Ð―ÐļКoÐē ŅÐēÐŧŅŅŽŅ‚cŅ ÐŋoзopoО Ð―aŅˆeÐđ Ð―aŅ†ÐļÐļ.

ÐĢÐīaŅ‡Ðļ Ņ‚eÐąe Ņ‚yŅ‚ Ðē Ņ‚ÐēoeО Ņ‚peÐīe, ÐžÐ―e Ðē aŅpoÐŋopŅ‚ eŅ…aŅ‚ŅŒ Ð―aÐīo.
>>
>>80472351
I don't understand people like you. Do you think Germans see a difference between you and those Untermenschen?

Your all the same to them.

I didn't argue that there are people of german decent in Kasachstan. I was just arguing the therm you used.
I'm from Bavaria maybe you're from an area where people actually call them like that.

There is still no nazi connection.
Those are Wolgadeutsche. There where deported to Kasachstan in WWII but lived in Russia since Katharina die Große.
>>
>>80472341
Nope. I hate pidars. I am generally not a supporter of blunt taboos, but forbidding pidar propaganda in Russia was a right thing to do.
>>
I do not recommend to listen to this Khohol shitposter >>80472351 btw
>>
>>80464731
>AMA
Savaged, Raptored, Hidden
>>
File: CAM_0091.jpg (2 MB, 3264x2448) Image search: [Google]
CAM_0091.jpg
2 MB, 3264x2448
>>80472654
>>
>>80464731
-Is Russian Television working to make the population more conservative and right wing?

-What has putin done to oust the jews, quietly?

-Is Russian TV warning the Russian Population of coming war?

-Will Russia allow White's fleeing the niggerification of their countries, open access to Russia?
>>
>>80473074
Beautiful.

I'm gonna have to make wareniki now.

Good luck in Germany ruskibro.
>>
>>80473091
I don't watch the Russian television.

I don't watch and care about putin.

I am pretty sure Europeans and Americans would be accepted in Russia, if the situation ever gets this bad. But the life there wouldn't be a cakewalk for sure. On the other hand, the Europeans that work in foreign companies in Russia live well. They earn a lot (much more than any European can ever achieve in Europe itself), fuck pretty girls and have a good time.
>>
>>80471135
>>80471580

WTF province are you living in? Where I worked 90% of Master level + above lectures are held in English. 90% of research papers are written in English (The other 10% are mostly concerning domestic topics such as law and accounting). Even the Faculty staff aside from professors, TAs and RAs has to have proper English knowledge to be hired as you are frequently having guest professors from foreign countries.

>>80471350
It is true that the average German does not posses good English skills. But guess what? Germany is not an Anglo-saxon country. Every product is translated, every movie is dubbed. There is no need for a large chunks of the population to know proper English.
>>
>>80472701
does that mean that u feel your not part of society where u live and work and interact with people around you that u dont have more affection to people u know rather then a complete stranger?
>>
>>80473404
I agree, but I was not talking about the academia. Sure, all my research works are in English, because who the fuck cares about German in a world-class research? I meant the general situation. Regarding the teaching, it really depends. The key subjects are taught in German.
>>
>>80473404
True for academia but at least to my knowledge not in the industry. We always try to hire somebody with decent english skills but never english only.
>>
>>80467889
Man I totally read this in a thick Russian accent
>>
>>80473534
Perhaps. It's hard to describe. Intellectual people are generally less prone to vague ideals like serving or being part of a society. I don't feel like a little screw in a society, I rather interact with it. Or have a deal with it. I don't know how to describe better.
>>
>>80464731
Are you jewish? Many jews are fleeing Russia right now, because Putin has a witch hunt on them.
>>
>>80473813
Gott sei dank. No
>>
>>80473404
>But guess what? Germany is not an Anglo-saxon country.

I went to the Scandinavian countries, average people speaks decent English there so I thought that the general situation in Europe would be similar, which is why I said I was disappointed as my assumption was false.
>>
>>80473763
u dont have to feel like a screw on a wheel to be a part of a society its just logical that people who are around you are affected by your pressence and other way around and usually people have more empathy to things they know better
also how can that be vague
>>
>>80464731
Why would you go to Germany of all places, and not stick with almost-based Austria?
>>
>>80474410
I take the question back, didn't read
>>80466348
so far.
>>
>>80471913
>>80472701
>>80473763
it's a fucking simple question nigger
when war happens, which side will you be figting for?
>>
>>80474410
Well, it was a more of a matter of circumstances. If I were to emigrate today, I certainly wouldn't pick Germany though.
>>
>>80474341
Perhaps you're right. But I still can't say whether I really sympathize with this or that society. I think both are full of shit in different ways.
>>
>>80474573
Russia of course. If you put the question this way.
>>
>>80474666
it always is thats more reason to it, to feel the need to make it better
>>
>>80464731
Do you have an SKS to go with those woods?
>>
>>80474986
I prefer bare hands.
>>
>>80474594
When will you leavee Germany again?
>>
>>80475156
Again? I have never left it so far.
>>
>>80464731
http://carnegie.ru/commentary/2016/07/07/killing-russian-criminal-law/j2tn

What do you think about these exciting additions to Russian law?
>>
>>80464731
What do you thing of Russia today,
and what do you think of Germany today?
>>
>>80475265
I don't read though the details. Can't really judge.

>>80475344
Regarding Germany, pls read the thread. Regarding Russia, I think it's ambiguous. In some aspects, like foreign policy, it's in a right way. In others, like domestic concerns, it's rather bad.
>>
>>80475505
>like foreign policy, it's in a right way
All of it?
Do you support e.g. actions in Ukraine and Georgia as much as Syria?
>>
>>80475505
What do you think of the Holocaust?
>>
>>80476102
It was quite overestimated, I guess. But it's not like I think on it all the time.
>>
>>80471933
Thread replies: 91
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.