[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
AGW alarmism is bullshit
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /pol/ - Politically Incorrect

Thread replies: 41
Thread images: 7
File: 1450928063292.jpg (471 KB, 1271x862) Image search: [Google]
1450928063292.jpg
471 KB, 1271x862
Why do people still believe in global warming alarmism? No models have produced any accurate predictions whatsoever. Shouldn't that be a reason to discard them?
>>
File: parappa.gif (13 KB, 201x221) Image search: [Google]
parappa.gif
13 KB, 201x221
B-b-b-but muh Solyndra equity!
>>
File: 65_Myr_Climate_Change_Rev.jpg (59 KB, 800x485) Image search: [Google]
65_Myr_Climate_Change_Rev.jpg
59 KB, 800x485
>but this is the hottest year on record!

No, it isn't. This is actually the coldest period in the past 65 million years. Sauce: Google the image name.
>>
>>80444445
Wait, you're telling me that global warming is a bunch of bullshit to push a Leftist political agenda? Say it ain't so, anon!
>>
>>80444445
I'm not sure how to read this graph, are the lines different predictions?
>>
Now that's how you do statistics! Create a hundred models - 5 will be right, RIGHT?

>they're all wrong

Take over the economies anyway.
>>
>but aren't current temperatures outside the norm?

Nope. See pic related. The only abnormal temperatures depicted are predictions. And the Marcott data set shows a bunch of recent temperatures coupled with a proxy data set smoothed over hundreds of years--which eliminates the meaningful variation. You can see how important it is to look at that variation based on the other datasets. In other words, these niggas be hidin' shit.

There is no evidence of abnormal temperatures.
>>
ITT: the decline of conservativism due to tinfoil retards
>>
>>80445741
The lines are all model predictions. The actual measurements are the dots and squares. The model predictions deviate wildly from actual measurements.
>>
File: tesla.jpg (111 KB, 600x427) Image search: [Google]
tesla.jpg
111 KB, 600x427
I'm going to break it down for you. I hold many well diversified shares of stock in green and renewable energy as well as abundant holdings in opaque derivatives of investment vehicles from the same organizations of which I have a very tenuous understanding.

You are fucking with my profit model goy. Maybe you've heard of Tesla? Look ye mighty upon my lithium ion batteries and despair
>>
Sure but our oceans are still fucked. Say goodbye to millennia old coral reefs
>>
I don't give a damn about global warming, because I am going to end my life in the next 5 years.

I feel sorry for children being born into this world nowadays.
>>
>>80444445
Global warming alarmism was the worst thing to ever happen to environmentalism. There is absolutely nothing wrong with conserving nature, but now 99% of "green" activists are a bunch of drooling retards that have no understanding of climate science much less any basic scientific principles.
>>
>>80446263
Alright that's what I figured.
>>
>>80446399

Please allow me to make that sooner. The last thing I need is a depressing hat for my country bemoaning crippling feelings of personal failure.
>>
File: 1451680792226.jpg (451 KB, 1760x513) Image search: [Google]
1451680792226.jpg
451 KB, 1760x513
>>80446071
Sorry, forgot pic.
>>
>>80446399
>I am going to end my life in the next 5 years.
don't leaf us
>>
File: sciencebitch.png (534 KB, 720x404) Image search: [Google]
sciencebitch.png
534 KB, 720x404
>>80446783

Shut up stupid science bitch

You can't even make I more smarter
>>
The answer to your question is "yes." But lefties are literally retarded. I don't think they're "lying" about this issue so much as not verifying the basic assumptions. So they build these big systems with a lot of political funding and support.
>>
Do you have a graph that shows the city of Miami Beach going under fucking water?
>>
>>80446263
Isn't the whole point of a scientific theory to make predictions about the natural world?
>>
>>80448729
No goy. Stop questioning things.
>>
File: Post-Glacial_Sea_Level.png (23 KB, 526x359) Image search: [Google]
Post-Glacial_Sea_Level.png
23 KB, 526x359
>>80448589
Sure. Take a look at pic related. The sea level rise over the past 8k years or so has been extremely consistent and very predictable, with no deviation happening as humans were industrializing.

If Miami is actually going under water--and I contest that claim--then it's clearly due to wholly natural cycles of warming.
>>
>>80448729

WRONG

The purpose of scientific studies, research, think tanks, and even the intelligentsia itself is to provide shareholder value.

At least, that's what some Jew with tenure at MIT said in a youtube video I saw once.
>>
>>80449356
OK, well I have some attractive luxury condos for you to invest in then
>>
>>80448589
>muh beaches
Who fucking cares? They aren't going flood overnight and people will just gradually move inland. Shit happens.
>>
>>80449795
Condos, come and get 'em. $500/SF, 1 and 2 bedroom
>>
>>80449935
>hurr
If you make a bad investment, that's your own fault.
>>
>>80449356

Sea levels will change no matter what eventually. Taking money from people for this shit is the same as ancient priests demanding tribute to make the sun rise tomorrow.
>>
>>80444445
>Why do people still believe in global warming alarmism?

They believe what they're told to believe. "Scientists" are nothing more than clergy, except they get grants instead of papal decrees.
>>
Maybe the problem is that we as an advanced civilization can't exist in all the places we do if we keep filling the atmosphere with shit and fucking it up. Ice caps have a lotta fucking water in em. They melt and we gotta fuckin move dude. I don't think it's completely unprecedented like yeah this shits happened in the past but show me a graph that our continued use of fossil fuels (as opposed to the COMPLETELY RENEWABLE AND NATURAL RESOURCES we can use) is that much fucking better. Really. Do that and I'm on board with oligarchy bullshit and exxon buying politicians.
>>
>>80450038
There's gotta be some way to emit CO2 and prop up Saudi Arabia at the same time. I'll get back to you if I figure out how
>>
>>80450387
No you're just being completely nonsensical.
>>
>>80444445
Hey all.
We're being raided.
Come to the real threads

/cfg/ General
>>80449854

Red Team
>>80404608

Memetics Division\
>>80417380
>>
sure ignore the yearly increase in global mean surface tempatures for the past hundred years and dismiss it as jewish. I swear Global warming is treated by many of my fellow right wingers as GMO's are with left wingers.
>>
>>80450334

>I have all my money invested in china
>>
>>80451179
Got banned.

Can you produce any evidence about surface temperatures increasing in a statistically significant way? See
>>80446941
>>80446071
>>
>>80446941
What am I looking at here?
>>
>>80455206
No abnormal temperature increases.
>>
>>80444445
Actually, I think there have been several predictions that were/are accurate
>>
>>80445512
The hottest in the time of us. We weren't trying to grow enough food and have water for 7 billion people 10 million years ago, as you well know.
Thread replies: 41
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.