[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Is the best solution for drug addicts to throw them in jail?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /pol/ - Politically Incorrect

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 3
File: drug-addict1.jpg (984 KB, 2544x1696) Image search: [Google]
drug-addict1.jpg
984 KB, 2544x1696
Is the best solution for drug addicts to throw them in jail?
>>
Bump? Anyone gonna discuss?
>>
File: muerte duterte.png (184 KB, 419x359) Image search: [Google]
muerte duterte.png
184 KB, 419x359
>>80443070

put them in forced labor camps and work them to death IMO

If this can't be done in an economically viable way, just shoot them.
>>
>>80444187
This.
>>
>>80444187

I don't know if you are being ironic or not. But some people probably really feel this way. And I find it amazing how someone could be so inhumane. These are real human beings here, not everything is about money and being practical. Do you not have any spirituality?
>>
>>80443070

No, the best solution is to kill them.
>>
I used to have a huge drug and alcohol problem. Went to recap AA what ever I needed to do to quit drugs. The only thing that helps an addict is them deciding they have had enough. Nothing else will stop them.
>>
>>80445819
Rehab not recap. Damn autofil
>>
>>80443070
from a practical standpoint, i'd say to put them into construction. i've worked with some serious drug addicts who outwork almost everybody on the job site. you stick them into a rough trade, and they excel. drug addicts will give everything for a job that pays well. fuels the addiction, yet moderates it at the same time by tiring them out, and providing a window in which it's not tolerable to do anything heavier than weed
>>
>>80443070
Double down. Give them all the free drugs they want. Offer really fucked up stuff like DMT or Krokodil. It'll solve itself.
>>
>>80445373
They ruin neighborhoods, cities, and eventually society. They selfishly embody the traits of self-indulgence, dependency, and aggression to fuel their habits. Drugs are degeneracy in its purest form, and those who are addicted to them have chosen to abandon any beneficial relationship with society for their habit. Clearly you do not understand firsthand how druggies interact with the rest of the world, and your bullshit preaching of "spirituality" shows that.
>>
>>80445373
What actually triggered me to make the thread was a video where inmates saved the life of a jailer (who had keys and a gun on him) who was having a heart attack. The inmate they interviewed was there for drug charges. They asked hI'm "why would you do that?" And he said "He's a good man. He saves lives"

And I'm thinking, what the fuck did this guy do to deserve being locked up in prison? Ruin his own life and health? What the fuck?
>>
>>80446807
That's niggers, not addicts. It just happens that most niggers are drug users as well.
>>
>>80447051
You must not have met any meth/heroine users. Most of these are white, yet they are just as violent. Prolonged drug use destroys the areas of the brain involved with delayed gratification, which ultimately differentiates those who fit into civilized society from those who do not. You connect the dots.
>>
>>80447426
So, your solution is to either shoot them or lock them up? You realize these people can be helped, right?

Fuck spirituality, I know I might be asking this from the most cynical group of people on earth, but where's your humanity?
>>
>>80443070
Hard drugs should be illegal but users (not dealers) sent to rehab rather than jail if they haven't committed other crimes. Marijuana should be legalised to the extent of alcohol, because face it, we all know that the only reason it *isn't* is because megacorporations haven't figured out a way to profit on it yet. That, and it help keeps the wheels of the for-profit prison industry turning, which is FUCKING BULLSHIT.
>>
>>80443070
If they're not violent towards anyone and not dangerous to anyone but themselves, why do anything? It's one of those problems that takes care of itself when the government stops subsidizing it through welfare and everything else these people take advantage of. When they rob someone or kill someone in a drug-crazed state, treat them like any other criminal. And needle exchange programs should deliberately give out infected needles to take care of the problem faster.
>>
>>80447742
I never said that, quit projecting the argument you want me to make. Some, like the ones in the video are not so far gone, and likely got caught up in drugs fairly recently. These can be reclamation cases, sure. Others are beyond help and are ultimately a burden on society, be it by clogging the hospital system, violently funding their habit, or selling drugs to new users. If you actually cared about "humanity", then you understand that the greater good is more important. If there is a solution other than locking them up, then by all means I'd love to hear it.
>>
>>80443070
no
it's a health problem not a criminal one

time to quit treating sick people like criminals
>>
>>80448346
>I never said that

No, you were defending the post of somebody who did.

>let greater good

Please don't be vague.
>>
>>80448535
I didn't defend anyone else's post but my own.

Greater good as in one addict pressures drugs onto 3 more people, who then each create 3 new drug users, etc. This can be prevented by effectively dealing with druggie number 1. Do not be obtuse.
>>
>>80448961
How would some shaky ass motherfucker with rotten teeth advocating hard drugs encourage anyone? Come on man.

It's bad media and thug lyfe bullshit that encourages drug use, not addicts.

Depression can also drive people to drugs, but this is just why they need mental help instead of being locked in a cell or shot or whatever the hell you're suggesting.
>>
>>80443070
No, of course not. It's only convenient.
Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.